PDA

View Full Version : Our O-line is awesome

SteelKnight
11-28-2010, 02:01 PM
For years we have been saying or o-line sucks but i really like what Kugler has done.

Even with the shifting parts and injuries, he has done an excellent job.

Virtually all sacks these days are the fault of Ben or a receiver that forgot to do hot route.

Bravo O-line.

SteelKnight
11-28-2010, 02:05 PM
Ben should have read that Blitz at the line and adapted. Seriously. Even if you give that sack to the O-line, it is the only one of 3 thus far that belongs to them.

Ben has gotten a lot better at check downs. He still needs a little more work (and he is still my favorite player).

Fire Arians
11-28-2010, 02:13 PM
kugler was a good pickup. def better than coach z

SteelKnight
11-28-2010, 02:17 PM
kugler was a good pickup. def better than coach z

Coach Z...OMG...he sucked. I almost feel we were nicer because he was an older guy. A younger guy would have been fired sooner. Oh yeah...I guess the Superbowl victory bought him time. Few coaches get fired after a superbowl.

Amazing how Kugler has been able to adapt with different men.

I hope Ben continues to get rid of the ball. I remember I had calculated that if Ben would have gotten rid of the ball one more time per game he would have had 29 sacks instead of 45...huge difference. He has to accept his part.

SteelKnight
11-28-2010, 02:20 PM
Now...they need to stop holding...lol

But even if it was not a hold, it was a bad pass by Ben. Wallace was open.

DoctorCAD
11-28-2010, 02:30 PM
You are deluded.

Ben had less than 3 seconds on that last sack. This o line is a turnstyle...AGAIN....

Raw Steel
11-28-2010, 04:14 PM
We are playing with three backup linemen. And I love how you don't mention when Ben has had a ton of time to complete the 19 passes he has. They aren't great, but they aren't as bad as you are saying.

SteeleReign
11-28-2010, 05:05 PM
For years we have been saying or o-line sucks but i really like what Kugler has done.

Even with the shifting parts and injuries, he has done an excellent job.

Virtually all sacks these days are the fault of Ben or a receiver that forgot to do hot route.

Bravo O-line.

Not sure I agree with this - this line is FAAAAAR from "awesome!" I do agree that we have done okay given all the injuries, but Kemo is not an injury replacement & he was flat-out AWFUL today.

ZoneBlitzer
11-28-2010, 05:22 PM
I see a lot of missed assignments and holds. Yes, legitimate holds - enough of them.

steeltheone
11-28-2010, 05:23 PM
I still think it's beacuse all of them starters down are not that good...so there is not much difference. Pouncy will be good.

theplatypus
11-28-2010, 05:26 PM
I'm pretty sure you've never seen a great offensive line.

SteelKnight
11-28-2010, 05:42 PM
You are deluded.

Ben had less than 3 seconds on that last sack. This o line is a turnstyle...AGAIN....

No... I was saying he should have read the blitz and made adjustments on that one. You can tell he misread it. It wasn't like it was just one man being beat.

After I made my nice compliments they proceeded to pile up the penalties. Kemo and Scott need to work on it...although one of them called on Kemo was BS.

PhantomJB93
11-28-2010, 05:43 PM
I wouldnt say "awesome"...maybe "surprisngly decent for how bad we thought theyd be, although still not great" is a more accurate description.

jjpro11
11-28-2010, 05:46 PM
Ben either gets a lot of time.. or no time at all. there really isn't much in-between. a lot of the sacks come from missed assignments. we consistently struggle in picking up blitzes.

SteelKnight
11-28-2010, 05:51 PM
I wouldnt say "awesome"...maybe "surprisngly decent for how bad we thought theyd be, although still not great" is a more accurate description.

It's funny...as soon as I gave them that nice compliment, they started with the holds.

Kemo and Scott need more discipline as some of their holds are not really necessary.

Still, I do think they have been playing well. The first 2 sacks were definitely not the O-lines fault. It should not even count as a sack after like 7 seconds...lol

The third one was some kind of misread unless we are saying they all sucked at the same time. It might have been Pouncey not adjusting the protection calls well but Ben should have read it too and made some adjustments for a quick read, shifted some people etc. That wasn't pure suckiness where players were just being beat.

Some of the ones after that...again...while Ben makes some great plays, he still needs to get rid of the ball. They were playing well on all of those sacks ...pretty much.

Kemo might be a weak link...we'll see.

Overall, I'm impressed. Much better on the ground...and pretty good in pass protection.

To the person that said they are only just decent, how much time do you want them to give Ben? 20 seconds? LOL

SteelKnight
11-28-2010, 05:57 PM
Ben either gets a lot of time.. or no time at all. there really isn't much in-between. a lot of the sacks come from missed assignments. we consistently struggle in picking up blitzes.

There weren't too many times where Ben had no time. Part of it is Ben's job to make coverage adjustments also. he is supposed to move people if he reads it well.

I think they have given him more time than any quarterback could possibly expect...really.

"No time" is like that Phili gave last year.

It really isn't fair anymore to keep blaming them. Maybe they need to replace Kemo. Starks will be back. Too bad Flozelle is so old...I sort of like him. I hope he can give us one more year while we get his replacement ready. Bring back the same team with perhaps a replacement for Kemo and I think they are good for next year.

SteelKnight
11-28-2010, 05:59 PM

Ben has time to make coffee and donuts on many pass plays...that's pretty awesome. Sure he is elusive but often he is just taking a few steps. They really are doing a good job.

btaylor179
11-28-2010, 06:13 PM
o line sucks

SteelKnight
11-28-2010, 06:38 PM
o line sucks

In what run blocking or pass protection? If in pass protection, how much time should a good O-line give their QB to throw the ball? Just wondering?

TRH
11-28-2010, 06:52 PM
i laughed when i read the thread title. I thought it was a joke. They killed us with stupid holding penalties today and Kemo got OWNED most of the day. I'd give them a D grade, only because at certain times they allowed Ben some time.

SteelKnight
11-28-2010, 06:57 PM
i laughed when i read the thread title. I thought it was a joke. They killed us with stupid holding penalties today and Kemo got OWNED most of the day. I'd give them a D grade, only because at certain times they allowed Ben some time.

Yeah...I started the thread before all the holding penalties. Still...that's something they can work on.

Overall I've been impressed this year. Ben has like 10 seconds...Gimmie a break. other teams use like 3.5 seconds or something like that (maybe less).

TRH
11-28-2010, 07:02 PM
Yeah...I started the thread before all the holding penalties. Still...that's something they can work on.

Overall I've been impressed this year. Ben has like 10 seconds...Gimmie a break. other teams use like 3.5 seconds or something like that (maybe less).'

After the last penalties, i said to my wife "look at Tomlin....he's PISSED....he's always stone-faced but he's going to blow one of these times and soon"

SteelKnight
11-28-2010, 07:44 PM
'

After the last penalties, i said to my wife "look at Tomlin....he's PISSED....he's always stone-faced but he's going to blow one of these times and soon"

lol. They need more discipline. I never mind a olding penalty when if the hod didn't occur you would have had a sack because I figure you were going to lose 7-9 yards plus a down. This way you lose 10 yards but you get the down back.

What I hate is holding penalties on rushing plays and also holding penalties that were completely unnecessary.

I saw Tomlin mouth "What was that?" to the officials on the bogus Kemo call...lol

They just need to do better. That is more easy to fix than just sucking. Kemo seems out of shape...He's not getting overpowered...

Still no QB can ask for MORE time.

TRH
11-28-2010, 09:10 PM
I thought Kemo looked out of shape somewhat today too. First time i saw him today i thought he looked a little "jello-like" lol

steelcity1974
11-28-2010, 09:13 PM
Our O line is terrible...what are u watching? I think they just called another hold.

SteeleReign
11-28-2010, 09:58 PM
lol. They need more discipline. I never mind a olding penalty when if the hod didn't occur you would have had a sack because I figure you were going to lose 7-9 yards plus a down. This way you lose 10 yards but you get the down back.

What I hate is holding penalties on rushing plays and also holding penalties that were completely unnecessary.

I saw Tomlin mouth "What was that?" to the officials on the bogus Kemo call...lol

They just need to do better. That is more easy to fix than just sucking. Kemo seems out of shape...He's not getting overpowered...

Still no QB can ask for MORE time.

Seriously? You need to watch this game again...Kemo WAS overpowered,,,quite a few times. How can he be out of shape at this point in the season? He should be in prime cardio shape - maybe a little sore and banged up - but not tired.

The only time I saw Kemo make a play was when he was pulling, although at times he seems to be lost when searching for someone to block. I figure a replacement will be drafted in April. Hopefully.

tony hipchest
11-28-2010, 10:27 PM
*premature thread startjaculation*

i should just lock this and help the OP put it out of its misery, but im kinda curious to see where this goes.

:popcorn:

SteelKnight
12-11-2010, 11:07 PM
*premature thread startjaculation*

i should just lock this and help the OP put it out of its misery, but im kinda curious to see where this goes.

:popcorn:

This was funny. lol I missed this. You are so right. I could have used a lock.

AS SOON as I made the compliment...boom. They holding penalties that game...wow. lol

Still...I like what Kugs has done with the talent he has (losing 3 tackles -Colon, Starks, Adams)...he just keeps plugging along. No excuses. Much better than Z.

If Ben could get a little better at getting rid of it, the line would look great (once Kemo and Scott stop holding). You still see him holding on and taking a sack ...but much much better.

tony hipchest
12-11-2010, 11:38 PM
well the good thing is ben isnt throwing many interceptions. several interceptions and dumb fumbles last season put points on the board for the other team and cost us games.

and kugler has done the impossible... he is making chicken salad out of chicken shit. :thumbsup: im gonna go out on a limb and say pouncey and flozell (both new to this team along with scott) would be doing as well with larry z at coach.

SteelKnight
12-12-2010, 12:07 PM
well the good thing is ben isnt throwing many interceptions. several interceptions and dumb fumbles last season put points on the board for the other team and cost us games.

and kugler has done the impossible... he is making chicken salad out of chicken shit. :thumbsup: im gonna go out on a limb and say pouncey and flozell (both new to this team along with scott) would be doing as well with larry z at coach.

I just don't like Z...I'm not sure the line would be doing as well.

I really like Adams a lot. He has really helped our running game and he is decent (a little slow) with the pass. Too bad he is so old. That sucks. He should still be able to give us one more year. I say we let Colon go (but then again maybe Colon might be better under Kugs...I really think a lot of the line trouble was miscommunication rather than purely being overpowered).

Coach Z just sucked.

Tangent...did you notice that other teams never get called for holding Harrison...they hold him on almost every play...lol.