PDA

View Full Version : Hines looks like an old man this should be his last year

harts
11-28-2010, 04:27 PM
I didnt get to see the game except for parts due to where I live but I have seen some games this season and Hines just looks old.
Not old in he cant play anymore but the type of old where the game has taken too much from you

He is lumbering around like he is 70 it seems to me
He still is productive no doubt and winning battles because he is such a warrior

But he needs to retire for his long range health
he has done enough

ZoneBlitzer
11-28-2010, 04:28 PM
Old man Hines was the best receiver on the field for the team. That should be saying something...

harts
11-28-2010, 04:38 PM
The Steelers need him no doubt and they really needed him in the Pats loss.
He is still productive without question and really is the teams best reciever

But he is the type of player who needs to be saved from himself.

Most fans don't care about these guys except for Sundays but I can guarantee you at this point in his career Hines is dealing with a lot of pain during the week in order to play on Sundays.

and they talking about going to 18 games :doh:

please
Ray Lewis too but he looks in better shape than Hines

Hines you look old
You have done enough!
You owe Pittsburgh and Steeler nation NOTHING!

jjpro11
11-28-2010, 04:40 PM
Hines was great.. old and washed up receivers don't play like he did.

SteelerEmpire
11-28-2010, 04:50 PM
Ward: 7 catches for 107 yds..... M. Wallace 3 catches for 33 yds.... Good game for Ward 2 day...

harts
11-28-2010, 04:58 PM
U guys Not reading to what I typed

Never said Hines is washed up ...... actually he IS the teams best reciever by far

but HEALTH wise he looks old

I know you guys don't care about these guys except how they perform on Sundays.

Sad

How is your fantasy team doing?

If I am a player and reading these responses this is all the proof you need to know that fans dont care about YOU all they care about is production

Get your money - maintain your health and get out of football

"Are you not entertained"

grward
11-28-2010, 05:00 PM
He still is productive no doubt and winning battles because he is such a warrior

Did you REALLY just say this? You point out that he is still productive and battles like a warrior. Then, you add on in a later post that "he really is the team's best receiver". So you are saying that the team's best receiver should hang it up b/c he's lumbering around? That's truly an oxy-moron. And wow, what a great assessment of Hines.

He's way too valuable at this point, on the field and in the locker room to call it quits. Just my opinion.

btaylor179
11-28-2010, 05:12 PM
wow

DanRooney
11-28-2010, 05:16 PM
Yeah he's in so much pain out there. It must be unbearable for him to play. It just looks like he wants to get off the field. He's terrified of the endzone...

Oh wait I thought you were talking about Randle El. :noidea:

tony hipchest
11-28-2010, 05:28 PM

Never said Hines is washed up ...... actually he IS the teams best reciever by far

Sad

If I am a player and reading these responses this is all the proof you need to know that fans dont care about YOU all they care about is production

"Are you not entertained"if you care so much about hines reading this and his reaction, you can always go blow kisses and post sweet nothings on his facebook page.

:noidea:

hows that for fantasy?

Pentheon
11-28-2010, 05:42 PM
hes one of few receivers who STILL dont mind getting hit hard, he still goes after the person trying to tackle him most of the time instead of just falling down. Don't think a 70 year old man would do that :chuckle:

Steelboy84
11-28-2010, 05:42 PM
not

finesward
11-28-2010, 06:01 PM

Sad

"Are you not entertained"

go give him a massage if your worried about his health. hines is not brett favre.

brett favre.

MACH1
11-28-2010, 06:39 PM
I didnt get to see the game except for parts due to where I live but I have seen some games this season and Hines just looks old.
Not old in he cant play anymore but the type of old where the game has taken too much from you

he has done enough

And this is why you get to watch from your couch.

Fire Arians
11-28-2010, 06:41 PM
7 catches for over 100 yards. he can look old all he wants if he keeps putting up those numbers he's on my team

BigRick
11-28-2010, 07:14 PM
7 catches for over 100 yards. he can look old all he wants if he keeps putting up those numbers he's on my team

Ward is getting on in years, but with those numbers who gives a rats ass! I' d take him any day over some of the others in the leauge. At least he doesn't blame God for his short comings! :tt03:

ETL
11-28-2010, 07:35 PM
Make him a fullback if he can't play WR. His value to the team is unmeasurable

steeltheone
11-28-2010, 07:35 PM
Without Ward and minus Holmes our receivers are not very good. They are young and improving but that doesnt put points on the board.

NYC_Steeler
11-28-2010, 07:38 PM
He looked pretty good today for an old man. He may not have the blazing speed of younger receivers, but he's smart and knows where to go for the reception. Older, but wiser.

austinfrench76
11-28-2010, 08:20 PM
This is a wierd thread...so I'm leaving.

Hines is the s$%#!

harts
11-29-2010, 12:30 AM
Wow

it's clear that many see these guys as commodities.

Then dont get mad when they don't show any loyalty or they pull Lebron James type moves.

Who cares about tomorrow cuz we have to win today. I understand - and Hines is paid well to play this game blah blah blah

I am as big a fan of the Steelers as anybody and I know how valuable Hines is to the team right now

But he looks like one of those players when his playing days are over there won't be much left

I hope some steeler players are reading this - get your money and get out of football
Leaving 1 year too early is better than leaving 2 years late

Let Hines go play for the Ravens and many would hate him like a traitor

mikegrimey
11-29-2010, 01:00 AM

Hines is the s$%#!

You got the right idea, great post.

LVSteelersfan
11-29-2010, 01:44 AM
HUH ????? Hines wants to play or he would be retired. He will be like Jerry Rice and keep on ticking until no one wants him any more. I think he would be a great WR coach for the Steelers. I hope they are thinking along those lines.

Acerinox
11-29-2010, 04:06 AM
Harts clearly your heart's in the right place (ha see what I did there)
But you don't know Hines Ward, clearly.
This is the guy who had to be physically restrained from going back on the field after he got concussed in the Pats game.
This is the guy who merrily blocks for other receivers and even on RUN PLAYS with a big smile on his face. And it's not because it's in the playbook. He'll do it when the play breaks right down. He's looking for it.
This is the guy who ever since the start of his career has only wanted to be the best and prove that he's the best on the field.
And you want to take that away from him - why? It's not us making him play. It's him - because he wants to. He doesn't need the money. He can't set any more records than he already did.

I think you're mistaking the natural effects of getting older for something else. He is adapting to his new physical tools, the body at his disposal, that's all. I do it myself in my sport now I am older.
Yes he is slower. Yes he sometimes takes a little longer to get up. Yes he needs days off practice.
But none of that makes him Evander Holyfield just yet!

Whodis
11-29-2010, 07:39 AM

he has done enough

If you didn't see the game don't post shit you know nothing about. Ward was great yesterday! He destroyed the Bills in the 1st half. I'm sure when the time is right for ward to retire he will. He certainly deserves the respect to go when he's ready and not be pushed out by fans who don't even watch the games.

vasteeler
11-29-2010, 10:49 AM

Hines is the s$%#!

thread winner :thumbsup:

CaliStillersFan
11-29-2010, 12:36 PM
I will say this much....He sure isn't jumping up off the ground all smiles like he used to after a catch. He definitely isn't looking like he's out there having as much fun as he used to playing the game. Hopefully he can one day become our WR's coach after his playing career is over.

ricardisimo
11-29-2010, 03:07 PM
I will say this much....He sure isn't jumping up off the ground all smiles like he used to after a catch. He definitely isn't looking like he's out there having as much fun as he used to playing the game. Hopefully he can one day become our WR's coach after his playing career is over.
Brett Favre

harts
11-30-2010, 04:37 PM
If you didn't see the game don't post shit you know nothing about. Ward was great yesterday! He destroyed the Bills in the 1st half. I'm sure when the time is right for ward to retire he will. He certainly deserves the respect to go when he's ready and not be pushed out by fans who don't even watch the games.

I watched him plenty this season - as I stated already
reading is fundamental BTW
Nobody is pushing him out.
Hines is in now way washed up

"deserves the respect to go when he is ready"
would you be saying this if he wasn't producing?
Probably not and the Steelers wouldnt be playing him anyway

Tomlin said it himself he has to save Hines from himself

It's clear to me the physical toll Hines is under is not worth his future.

Whodis
11-30-2010, 06:51 PM

What you read has you some what dilusional, stay away from the funny papers. Sunday he was by far the best reciever on the field. I can't quite tell you when I felt he stuck out as "struggling". I rember early when the whole recieving core was dropping passes, but Hines didn't stand out or look "washed up"

football is a business so I'm sure they will part sides at some time. Mean while he is one of my favorite players.

It's clear to me that you are Hines Ward's doctor. I don't know the toll it has taken or what is physicaly best for his future. However, he looks good to me!

SH-Rock
11-30-2010, 07:03 PM
Ok let's say if Hines Ward does leave, what will happen to the Steelers then.

Wallace is not capable enough to make a lot of short yardage 1st down plays

Emmanuel Sanders and Antonio Brown are still receivers in progress and it clear showed when Sanders was thrown to on 3rd and 8 and he just looked the wrong way; completely off page with Big Ben. Also what about in the Saints game when blocked Hines Ward from getting that potential TD.

Not enough of Brown to make a clear conclusion, but I expect the same like all rookies.

Heath Miller and Spaeth are stuck at the line of scrimmage trying to protect Big Ben's ass from getting sacked.

And to top everything off, Arians is not a competent enough OFC to create stars out of these receivers in 1-2 years. Maybe 3+ like Holmes.

The only way I think this can be somewhat viable is that they trade up for Jonathan Baldwin and still have a first round pick for an OT or OG

DoubleYoi
12-01-2010, 10:26 AM

You act like Hines has no idea he's going to have problems down the road. He's well aware of it and he's fortunate enough to have plenty of money to help alleviate these problems. It's not like he's in for a life of hardships when he decides to hang up the cleats unlike players who played decades ago and don't have millions of dollars to fall back on. He'll be able to afford the best medical treatment and has his very own hyperbaric chamber to help mend his wounds.

Having said that, it's going to be a very sad day when Hines calls it quits. Definitely one of the greatest Steelers of all-time. He has not been too shy to say he's going to hang the cleats up soon....let's just hope he has a few more years left.

TailgateMel
12-01-2010, 10:57 AM
It is my hopes he goes the way the Bus went... retiring with lots of smiles and on his terms. (and with another SB ring ;) )

That being said, I think he is more productive right now than Bus was in the last few years he was with us... that is just my opinion (cue the stat person to prove me wrong.. LOL)

vasteeler
12-01-2010, 11:11 AM
It is my hopes he goes the way the Bus went... retiring with lots of smiles and on his terms. (and with another SB ring ;) )

That being said ,I think he is more productive right now than Bus was in the last few years he was with us... that is just my opinion (cue the stat person to prove me wrong.. LOL)

you are correct bettis was not very productive his last few years and didnt hines just put up 107 yards:noidea: