PDA

View Full Version : Next Week is Big ...Ravens

SteelKnight
11-28-2010, 05:45 PM
I hope Tomlin prepares them like it is the playoffs.

If we win, we would have the freedom to lose one more future game than Baltimore (as long as it is not Cinci or Cleveland) and STILL win the division.

If we lose, we'll be trying to earn a wild card spot. We would need to win TWO more games than Baltimore in the remaining games to win the division. imagine this...if we won all but 1 of our remaining games, we would need Baltimore to lose 3 future games. That's too much to ask.

The whole thing is a 3 game turn around...from being allowed to win one less to being required to win 2 more (than Baltimore).

Big Game...we gotta win.

bobby jr
11-28-2010, 06:18 PM
But needing a win doesn't mean one is in the offing.

The Steelers couldn't beat the Ravens at home and the Steelers are not playing as well now as then. Plus the Ravens have an advantage in their coach.

Lets face it the Steelers deserved to lose to Buffalo (Buffalo!) today. A dropped TD pass from a wide open Buffalo receiver in overtime.

The odds are the Ravens will beat the Steelers again next week. Then it's wild card at best for the Steelers and if they do meet the Ravens again in the playoffs that would be in Baltimore too.

SH-Rock
11-28-2010, 06:19 PM
But needing a win doesn't mean one is in the offing.

The Steelers couldn't beat the Ravens at home and the Steelers are not playing as well now as then. Plus the Ravens have an advantage in their coach.

Lets face it the Steelers deserved to lose to Buffalo (Buffalo!) today. A dropped TD pass from a wide open Buffalo receiver in overtime.

The odds are the Ravens will beat the Steelers again next week. Then it's wild card at best for the Steelers and if they do meet the Ravens again in the playoffs that would be in Baltimore too.

Let's see, last game was without our franchise QB and it came down to the last minute so have some hope.

bobby jr
11-28-2010, 06:22 PM
Let's see, last game was without our franchise QB and it came down to the last minute so have some hope.

Nobody said the Steelers have no hope. But there is a school of thought that Ben is somewhat overrated due to the two Super Bowl wins, when the team may have won those with any average QB.

I doubt Ben will make that much difference. He didn't show much against Buffalo's porous defense in the 2nd half today.

SH-Rock
11-28-2010, 06:27 PM
Nobody said the Steelers have no hope. But there is a school of thought that Ben is somewhat overrated due to the two Super Bowl wins, when the team may have won those with any average QB.

I doubt Ben will make that much difference. He didn't show much against Buffalo's porous defense in the 2nd half today.

Ben was playing with an injured right and he didn't turn it over which was good.

steelerchad
11-28-2010, 06:47 PM

You don't know what you're talking about. Check the Steelers passing stats with and without Ben. The passing threat was non existent without him. It is legit with him. Don't know if we'll win or not, but Baltimore certainly hasn't been overly impressive this year. It's not like they are loaded on offense and there defense has visible lost a step. Neither team will make a run this year unless things are tightened up.

I expect Pittsburgh to come out swinging and knock out Baltimore in their stadium 23-17.

SteelKnight
11-28-2010, 06:51 PM

You might be right that we may lose...but I'd like to see us step it up. Ben will be key. They will not let us win with Mendenhall.

The only good team we have beaten this year was Atlanta.

We lost to the good teams...Baltimore, Saints, Patriots.

Ben is an elite player but he is still developing his timing with Sanders and Wallace.

The game is just huge.

SteelKnight
11-28-2010, 06:54 PM
Damn I miss Kyle Boiler. lol

Steel_Bus_24
11-28-2010, 07:02 PM
Ive felt this way since week 4.

That Loss earlier in the year to them at home is probably going to cost us the division

Historically we never beat Balt in Balt....if we wanted to beat them we had to do it at Home

steelerchad
11-28-2010, 07:06 PM
Ive felt this way since week 4.

That Loss earlier in the year to them at home is probably going to cost us the division

Historically we never beat Balt in Balt....if we wanted to beat them we had to do it at Home

We won in Baltimore 2 years ago and took them to OT last year with Dennis Dixon at QB. This is not a monumental task. In fact, with them beating Tampa today and us needing this game, I expect us to win it.

SteelKnight
11-28-2010, 07:06 PM
I forgot to mention that another reason the division winner vs wildcard is huge is that the division winner will likely get a bye. The AFC East winner will get one and our division winner will get the second one. If it's the Jets we'd even have a chance to get first if we can beat them later.

So this game could mean the difference between a bye and second place OR 5th place playing the Colts on the road in the Wildcard round of the playoffs.

Did I mention this game is huge?

bobby jr
11-28-2010, 07:15 PM
We won in Baltimore 2 years ago and took them to OT last year with Dennis Dixon at QB. This is not a monumental task. In fact, with them beating Tampa today and us needing this game, I expect us to win it.

The win in Baltimore two years ago was on a controversial last minute TD by the Steelers. Hardly a dominating perforamce over the Ravens and the Steelers did have Ben at QB.

The Ravens are a stronger team now than two years ago. Flacco has experience and they have Ray Rice and a revamped receiving corps.

I'm looking for a 34-17 Ravens win on Sunday

SteelCityMom
11-28-2010, 07:35 PM
The win in Baltimore two years ago was on a controversial last minute TD by the Steelers. Hardly a dominating perforamce over the Ravens and the Steelers did have Ben at QB.

The Ravens are a stronger team now than two years ago. Flacco has experience and they have Ray Rice and a revamped receiving corps.

Ahahahaha! You're cute.

The last time the Ravens "dominated" the Steelers was in '06. And conversely the last time the Steelers "dominated" the Ravens was in '07.

Don't expect too much of that to change...especially since it took a last minute FG to beat the Steelers with Batch at the helm.

34...:toofunny:

Gotta love your outlandish confidence though. It'll be close either way. Bank on that.

steeltheone
11-28-2010, 07:38 PM
We match up good with the Ravens. They are physical as we are.

joeyssteelcurtain
11-28-2010, 08:09 PM
we will win 24-17

bobby jr
11-28-2010, 08:09 PM
Ahahahaha! You're cute.

The last time the Ravens "dominated" the Steelers was in '06. And conversely the last time the Steelers "dominated" the Ravens was in '07.

Don't expect too much of that to change...especially since it took a last minute FG to beat the Steelers with Batch at the helm.

34...:toofunny:

Gotta love your outlandish confidence though. It'll be close either way. Bank on that.

I don't recall the Ravens being dominated by the Steelers in any of the '07 games.
I do recall the Ravens blew the Steelers out twice in '06.

joeyssteelcurtain
11-28-2010, 08:10 PM
I don't recall the Ravens being dominated by the Steelers in any of the '07 games.

What year was it when Ben had 5 TDS before the half we blew them out then

bobby jr
11-28-2010, 08:13 PM
What year was it when Ben had 5 TDS before the half we blew them out then

That must have been a looooooonnnnng time ago

TRH
11-28-2010, 08:14 PM
Ben makes a HUGE difference. I thought he looked good today. Christ, the guy helps lead us to 2 Super Bowls and people still complain.
I'm expecting a close game next week. I think if we have a good week of preparation and come in ready to play, ready to WIN (unlike the Pats game), we'll win it.

SteelCityMom
11-28-2010, 08:18 PM
That must have been a looooooonnnnng time ago

It was in '07....

Go look it up before you look silly again. I mean, it wasn't as looooooooooonnnnng ago as the Ravens blowing out the Steelers in '06. :chuckle:

RowHH
11-28-2010, 08:20 PM
The only good team we have beaten this year was Atlanta.

I'd probably include Tampa and also wouldn't be dismissive of beating Miami and -- at that time -- the Titans.

steelcity1974
11-28-2010, 08:25 PM

R u a ravens fan? Why would u be "looking" for a ravens win? Truth is, this will be a close game that could go either way. Ben is the better qb and that's what this game will come down to. The last two ravens wins in this series came down to the same thing but Dixon and batch were the qb...Ben won his last five games v rat birds....that's domination.

pitt0wns
11-28-2010, 09:24 PM
wtf yall expect out of a Ben?

We have no O LINE!!! and ARIANS can't design plays to beat senior citizens. Our receivers are never ever open on a 3 step drop.

Get over that Randle El reverse PASS shit already!!!

He has a top QB rating with a shit O line imagine if we had an O line and OC damn it would be sweet.

Rooneys get rid of our coaching staff next year please!

OUR D sucks!

cubanstogie
11-28-2010, 09:31 PM
the simple analysis says if Ben were playing earlier this year we win the game. the old cliche is appropriate for this game though, if we don't turn it over and can cut down penalites we will win. Penalties killed us today. Ben throws for 250 and we run for over 200 and only score 19. I really hope they are more disciplined next week, we can't afford to have to get 20 yards instead of 10 for a first down. It seems due to holding that was the case most of the time.

SteelKnight
11-28-2010, 11:36 PM
I'd probably include Tampa and also wouldn't be dismissive of beating Miami and -- at that time -- the Titans.

Those are all bad teams this year. None will make the playoffs. Tampa has shown they are not good. Miami is seriously flawed. Tennessee...yeah...I guess they have their moments...but we have to beat a playoff contender before I give credit.

I mean...even if we make the playoffs, we have to play.

SteelKnight
11-28-2010, 11:39 PM
wtf yall expect out of a Ben?

We have no O LINE!!! and ARIANS can't design plays to beat senior citizens. Our receivers are never ever open on a 3 step drop.

Get over that Randle El reverse PASS shit already!!!

He has a top QB rating with a shit O line imagine if we had an O line and OC damn it would be sweet.

Rooneys get rid of our coaching staff next year please!

OUR D sucks!

The line is NOT bad. They made some bad holding plays today but they have been giving Ben time in the pass game and they have been doing well run blocking. We need to look elsewhere for blame.

1/28/01
11-29-2010, 12:09 AM
Good luck next Sunday, Steelers Nation. This should prove to be a typical Baltimore/Pittsburgh game with the winner most likely taking the division.

Again, good luck! :)

Fire Arians
11-29-2010, 12:11 AM
Good luck next Sunday, Steelers Nation. This should prove to be a typical Baltimore/Pittsburgh game with the winner most likely taking the division.

Again, good luck! :)

yeah same to you. we will definitely need to play better than what we saw today though or it will not be pretty

plenewken
11-29-2010, 07:01 AM
I expect Pittsburgh to come out swinging and knock out Baltimore in their stadium 23-17.

You must be smoking some good sh*t. Pass it around.

MasterOfPuppets
11-29-2010, 07:25 AM
let me refresh your memory....
november 5
baltimore - 7
pittsburgh - 38

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2007110500/2007/REG9/ravens@steelers/analyze/box-score

Scoring Summary
1st Quarter
PIT TD H.Miller 17 yd. pass from B.Roethlisberger (J.Reed kick) (3-20, 1:33)
PIT TD S.Holmes 15 yd. pass from B.Roethlisberger (J.Reed kick) (3-28, 1:46)
2nd Quarter
PIT TD N.Washington 30 yd. pass from B.Roethlisberger (J.Reed kick) (3-36, 1:07)
PIT TD S.Holmes 35 yd. pass from B.Roethlisberger (J.Reed kick) (6-50, 2:43)
PIT TD N.Washington 7 yd. pass from B.Roethlisberger (J.Reed kick) (5-44, 2:09)
BAL TD W.McGahee 33 yd. run (M.Stover kick) (1-33, 0:18)
3rd Quarter
PIT FG J.Reed 22 yd. Field Goal (7-52, 3:09)
4th Quarter

Third Rail
11-29-2010, 08:46 AM
This could be a concern, though I hope not. But if Ben doesn't play next week, we are f***ed.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d81c81844/article/report-steelers-roethlisberger-to-undergo-tests-on-right-foot?module=HP_headlines

Report: Steelers' Roethlisberger to undergo tests on right footNFL.com
Published: Nov. 29, 2010 at 09:29 a.m. Liked: 0 | Comments: 1

Pittsburgh Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger is set to undergo tests on his right foot, injured in the Steelers' 19-16 overtime win over the Buffalo Bills on Sunday, according to the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette.

Roethlisberger remained in the game, playing through what coach Mike Tomlin labeled a foot sprain after the win.

"My foot was in the ground and someone was driving me backwards and my foot couldn't get out of the ground, so my knee just got bent sideways," Roethlisberger told reporters Sunday.

The Steelers' victory also cost them defensive end Nick Eason, who was lost to a sprained medial collateral ligament in his left knee. His return is uncertain.

Roethlisberger was 20-for-33 passing for 246 yards against Buffalo.

The Steelers (8-3) face the Baltimore Ravens (8-3) this Sunday for sole possession of first place in the AFC North.

bobby jr
11-29-2010, 06:08 PM
The way Ben played in the 2nd half against the Bills was not good. the Steelers probably would have won the game in regulation if he had taken himself out of the game. The Steelers offense was non existent with him at QB.

Anyway I think the Ravens win this game by a double digit margin with Ben in the game or with him on the bench. This is a Ravens year.

bobby jr
11-29-2010, 06:12 PM
the simple analysis says if Ben were playing earlier this year we win the game. the old cliche is appropriate for this game though, if we don't turn it over and can cut down penalites we will win. Penalties killed us today. Ben throws for 250 and we run for over 200 and only score 19. I really hope they are more disciplined next week, we can't afford to have to get 20 yards instead of 10 for a first down. It seems due to holding that was the case most of the time.

One difference. You will be playing the Baltimore Ravens not the Buffalo Bills.
The Ravens will stuff the run and Big Ben with his injured foot won't be able to avoid the rush.

SteelCityMom
11-29-2010, 06:15 PM

Amidst all your 'smack' talk...you do realize how ridiculous this sounds coming from a Ravens fan right?

Do you remember the game this year where Buffalo (Buffalo!) took the Ravens into OT...IN BALTIMORE and only lost because of the refs swallowing their whistles when forward progress should have been called.

Acting all high and mighty about Buffalo...LMAO!

SteelCityMom
11-29-2010, 06:18 PM
Here's your previous Ravens/Steelers games prediction. You're a one trick pony bobby...

I'm expecting a Ravens win today by two touchdowns.

http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?p=851740#post851740

You probably make this prediction no matter what.

bobby jr
11-29-2010, 06:24 PM
Amidst all your 'smack' talk...you do realize how ridiculous this sounds coming from a Ravens fan right?

Do you remember the game this year where Buffalo (Buffalo!) took the Ravens into OT...IN BALTIMORE and only lost because of the refs swallowing their whistles when forward progress should have been called.

Acting all high and mighty about Buffalo...LMAO!

The Ravens took Buffalo lightly and fell behind. But the Ravens came out strong in the 2nd half and went ahead. Buffalo was lucky to get a list minute score to send that game to OT.

THe Ravens didnt have to depend on a dropped TD pass by a wide open Buffalo receiver in the end zone to win in OT. Todd Heap, Mason, tj housmanjada and company won't be dropping the ball like that. The weaknesses in the Steelers secondary were exposed in the 2nd half of the New Orleans game when Drew Brees lit them up.

SteelCityMom
11-29-2010, 06:35 PM
The Ravens took Buffalo lightly and fell behind. But the Ravens came out strong in the 2nd half and went ahead. Buffalo was lucky to get a list minute score to send that game to OT.

THe Ravens didnt have to depend on a dropped TD pass by a wide open Buffalo receiver in the end zone to win in OT. Todd Heap, Mason, tj housmanjada and company won't be dropping the ball like that. The weaknesses in the Steelers secondary were exposed in the 2nd half of the New Orleans game when Drew Brees lit them up.

And the week before that they were burned by Matty Ice too (who scored more points against the mighty Ravens defense than Brees did to the Steelers). Remind me again how many points FITZPATRICK burned the mighty Ravens D for?

And, like I said, they only had to rely on the refs swallowing their whistles and not correctly calling forward progress. Instead 5 Ravens defenders picked a guy up (off the ground) and held him there while the immaculate Lewis eventually stripped him of the ball and called it a takeaway.

You're a joke...trying to rationalize the way Buffalo (Buffalo!) took the Ravens into OT...IN YOUR HOUSE. :sofunny:

Getting all ****y when the Ravens have the same record as the Steelers and only beat them this year by a FG when Batch was playing. You just look silly.

bobby jr
11-29-2010, 07:21 PM
THat was a legit call in the Buffalo-Ravens game with the fumble after Lewis stripped the ball.
. The Buffalo receiver wasn't down and it was not obvious that his forward progress was stopped. Perhaps it looked like he was being held up for a long time in slow motion replay but not in real time .

The Steelers looked worse than the Ravens did against Buffalo. The Steelers could generate no 2nd half offense against one of the worst defenses in the NFL. And the Ravens Steelers game is in Baltimore, where the Ravens are extremely tough to beat. As for Ben if he plays will he be at 100% with that foot injury? Suggs will be breathing down his neck.

I can tell from reading this forum that Steelers fans don't have a good confident feeling going into this game.

steelerchad
11-29-2010, 07:28 PM
THat was a legit call in the Buffalo-Ravens game with the fumble after Lewis stripped the ball.
. The Buffalo receiver wasn't down and it was not obvious that his forward progress was stopped. Perhaps it looked like he was being held up for a long time in slow motion replay but not in real time .

The Steelers looked worse than the Ravens did against Buffalo. The Steelers could generate no 2nd half offense against one of the worst defenses in the NFL. And the Ravens Steelers game is in Baltimore, where the Ravens are extremely tough to beat. As for Ben if he plays will he be at 100% with that foot injury? Suggs will be breathing down his neck.

I can tell from reading this forum that Steelers fans don't have a good confident feeling going into this game.

But aren't the Steelers a shoe in to win this game. After all they have a better point differential than the Ravens this year. Total point differential over the last few seasons was the ridiculous reason you gave that the Ravens were better than the Steelers going into our first meeting. Using your own criteria, we should win this game. What a joke.

The real reason the Steelers will win this game is because we need to win it. And everbody knows the Ravens are our little bitches when all the chips are in the middle.

SteelCityMom
11-29-2010, 07:53 PM

:sofunny: Sure...it was a great call. He was never down. Whatever helps you sleep better at night.

You guys got just as lucky as the Steelers did against them. That's the plain honest truth. Had the Steelers won on a play like that, I wouldn't feel that good about it all.

Conversely...your big bad Ravens D looked like shit against one of the worst offenses in the league. :noidea: What's your point? Ultimately both teams lucked out in the end and you're trying to thump your chest like it was some awesome victory to be taken into OT by them AT HOME.

You're 'insights' haven't meant much to us so far...this one doesn't mean much to any of us either.

bobby jr
11-29-2010, 08:04 PM
But aren't the Steelers a shoe in to win this game. After all they have a better point differential than the Ravens this year. Total point differential over the last few seasons was the ridiculous reason you gave that the Ravens were better than the Steelers going into our first meeting. Using your own criteria, we should win this game. What a joke.

The real reason the Steelers will win this game is because we need to win it. And everbody knows the Ravens are our little bitches when all the chips are in the middle.

So I suppose the first game in Pittsburgh when the Ravens beat the Steelers was a meaningless game? Losing at home is not a good way to prove you own another team.
The Steelers have been at a disadvantage all year due to that loss at home.

tony hipchest
11-29-2010, 08:16 PM

:toofunny:

hogwash. :coffee:

the ravens have been at a huge disadvantage for repeatedly having the colts and steelers knock their asses out of the playoffs.

steelerchad
11-29-2010, 08:24 PM
So I suppose the first game in Pittsburgh when the Ravens beat the Steelers was a meaningless game? Losing at home is not a good way to prove you own another team.

No not meaningless, just less meaningful than this one. Disadvantage, not really. The winner of this game has the advantage since whoever wins will have a 1 game lead plus the tiebreaker advantage. Like I said, when the games really important, the Steelers step up against the Ravens. Like, 3-0 in the playoffs. Like, to lock down the division late in the season and a first round bye in your stadium in 08 on our way to another Super Bowl. Not game 4 of the regular season against our 4th string QB. You get the idea, right?

ErikInBelAirMD
11-29-2010, 10:01 PM
No not meaningless, just less meaningful than this one. Disadvantage, not really. The winner of this game has the advantage since whoever wins will have a 1 game lead plus the tiebreaker advantage. Like I said, when the games really important, the Steelers step up against the Ravens. Like, 3-0 in the playoffs. Like, to lock down the division late in the season and a first round bye in your stadium in 08 on our way to another Super Bowl. Not game 4 of the regular season against our 4th string QB. You get the idea, right?

Let me speak for the Baltimore fan .... Nooooo I don't get the idea..... How about you get the idea since you Pittsburgh fans seem to ignore history with all your Lombardi talk...

I am extremely tired of hearing that you think you have the best football city in football history.

The fact is you are all full of it. I think everyone can agree that the measurement, as you all always state, should be championships.

However, whenever you mention your "6 Lombardi's", you neglect to mention the fact that you (Pittsburgh) have achieved 6, YES, 6 total championships in 76 total football
years (1933-2009) OR 1 Championship every 12.6 years.

Just for the heck of it, let's compare this to Baltimore which had football teams from 1950 to 1983 (COLTS) AND from 1996 to 2009 (RAVENS) OR 47 total football years. Baltimore has 4 undesputed championships (1958, 1959, 1970, and 2000) OR 1 Championship every 11.8 years.

So do me a favor, take the word "Lombardi" and shove it. Your illogical ignorance and sweeping of pre-Super Bowl history under the rug, is a distortion of the truth. That truth is how statistically, based on 1st grade math, Baltimore football (1 Championship every 11.8 years) IS more successful than Pittsburgh football
(1 Championship every 12.6 years)

Do not give me the lame argument that the Baltimore Ravens are the Cleveland Browns. The only player on the Ravens during our championship season that was in a browns uniform was Matt Stover, the kicker. They (Modell & Co) left the colors, name, and history where it belonged.

You get the facts, right? Let's hear them excuses, oh wait, Ben's ankle was throbbing during your whooping this Sunday? Troll? :blah:.... You FAIL

Baltimore Football > Pittsburgh Football :rofl:

tony hipchest
11-29-2010, 10:06 PM
stfu moron.

baltimore is a poser football town. thats why you lost the colts. :rofl:

MattsMe
11-29-2010, 10:13 PM
Pittsburgh = Myron Cope

Baltimore = Tim Lumber.

Game over kids.

SteelCityMom
11-29-2010, 10:20 PM
Let me speak for the Baltimore fan .... Nooooo I don't get the idea..... How about you get the idea since you Pittsburgh fans seem to ignore history with all your Lombardi talk...

I am extremely tired of hearing that you think you have the best football city in football history.

The fact is you are all full of it. I think everyone can agree that the measurement, as you all always state, should be championships.

However, whenever you mention your "6 Lombardi's", you neglect to mention the fact that you (Pittsburgh) have achieved 6, YES, 6 total championships in 76 total football

Just for the heck of it, let's compare this to Baltimore which had football teams from 1950 to 1983 (COLTS) AND from 1996 to 2009 (RAVENS) OR 47 total football years. Baltimore has 4 undesputed championships (1958, 1959, 1970, and 2000) OR 1 Championship every 11.8 years.

So do me a favor, take the word "Lombardi" and shove it. Your illogical ignorance and sweeping of pre-Super Bowl history under the rug, is a distortion of the truth. That truth is how statistically, based on 1st grade math, Baltimore football (1 Championship every 11.8 years) IS more successful than Pittsburgh football

Do not give me the lame argument that the Baltimore Ravens are the Cleveland Browns. The only player on the Ravens during our championship season that was in a browns uniform was Matt Stover, the kicker. They (Modell & Co) left the colors, name, and history where it belonged.

You get the facts, right? Let's hear them excuses, oh wait, Ben's ankle was throbbing during your whooping this Sunday? Troll? :blah:.... You FAIL

Nobody brought up Lombardi's you ignoramus.

And yes, it's true...the Steelers sucked until '72...but in those 38 years they have won more Lombardi's than anyone.

And hate to tell you, but you are the Purple Browns. I don't care if Stover was the only one on that team...that's what you are. Indy has those records now. Isray took them with him. That's just plain fact. The COLTS, not the Ravens won those titles. Own up to who you are NOW, not THEN...and move on from it. You'll feel a lot better.

Now go put on some purple and black (not blue and white) camo pants and get back to jacking off to your Ray Ray pictures in your mom's basement moron.

Oh hell...I just realized your counting PRE MERGER titles in with Lombardi's. You do realize how much easier it was to win titles then don't you? Let's see...winning a championship in a league with 28-32 teams>>>>>than winning in a league with 16 teams.

Any way your pretty little self wants to look at it though, there's one little thing you can't dispute...6 will ALWAYS be greater than 4. Spin it any way you like, but that will never change.

tony hipchest
11-29-2010, 10:20 PM
9 out of 10 baltimore fans cant tell you-

1) ravens first HC
2) ravens 1st 3000+ yd passer
3) ravens 1st 1000+ yd receiver

= kid posers who didnt become fans until 2000.

steelerohio
11-29-2010, 10:27 PM
Purple Browns indeed... no matter what, they will always be the purple Browns...

Steelers 31 Purple Browns 17

SteelCityMom
11-29-2010, 10:32 PM

1) ravens first HC

Oh...he's googling it RIGHT now just to prove you wrong.

Fire Arians
11-29-2010, 10:34 PM

1) ravens first HC

there's no such thing as:

"real" dallas fans
"real" patriots fans
"real" ravens fans

all of em i know jumped the bandwagon and jumped off just as quickly (well in the case of the cowboys). some patriots fans ive met don't even know who drew bledsoe is, nobody gave a shit about them in the 90's. aren't the ravens actually the browns?

steelerohio
11-29-2010, 10:55 PM
Oh...he's googling it RIGHT now just to prove you wrong.

He might even make up a site that proves the Baltimore Ravens has been around since the Revolutionary War period...

GMU Steeler
11-29-2010, 11:03 PM
He's mad because Pittsburgh is considered a better football town than Baltimore. Heck, if he's going to include the old Colts and the pre Super Bowl days, I may as well point out how many football stars the Pittsburgh region has produced over the years. Yes, Dan Marino, Mike Ditka, and many others never wore the Black and Gold but they too are part of Western Pa's football legacy. I have nothing personal against the Baltimore area but they just haven't produced the amount of football players the Pittsburgh area has.

steelersalaska
11-30-2010, 03:06 AM
Pittsburgh 36.... purple team 9

saveus1011
11-30-2010, 03:15 AM
It's ironic the Ravens first HC hailed from Franklin.

DanRooney
11-30-2010, 03:33 AM
This guy bringing up the Baltimore 2006 game and completely forgetting the 2007 demolition on Monday Night Football is obviously a bandwagon fan. Then he tells us we're ucky winning against the Bills in OT when they did the EXACT same thing about 3 weeks ago, on a controversial play nonetheless. And hinting at Ben being an 'average quarterback' yet they have Joe Flacco? Please. Ignore the troll.

saveus1011
11-30-2010, 04:13 AM
If I remember correctly, the Bills scored more on that vaunted "Ravens D". Oh wait, they only got 16 on us.

10 of which was spotted by the NFL.

steelerchad
11-30-2010, 07:52 AM

I don't want to talk about all our championships in the 70's or talk about what happened before that, which was before I was even around. I want to talk about now. Let's talk about your Ravens and the fact that since your Ravens have existed, they have indeed been our little bitches. They have played second fiddle to us and that is why you have all this pent up hate for Pittsburgh. You hate our success. You hate how how you lost 3 times to us in 08 on our way to another Super Bowl. I was at that game, and that was a beat down in every phase of the game. That must of hurt watching us go to the Super Bowl at your expense. Let's see if you can knock the king off the hill this week. Your success rate is not good up to this point.

Your leader Ray Ray talks big, but I think deep down he knows the Steelers have repeatedly bent him over and he's probably a little scared.

ARKIESTEEL
11-30-2010, 08:24 AM
The loss the rat birds took at Cinn may prove big for them in the long run. They also still have to play NO which is a team that is set up to beat teams like the ravens. The Texans could prove to be a harder game for them than they are willing to admit, so I dont see this as a make or break game, I know it is very important for us to win and I think we will.

With that said I hate that crap Browns team that now wears that awful purple, I hate Ray Ray and all them that are fans of them.

Atlanta Dan
11-30-2010, 08:29 AM
I forgot to mention that another reason the division winner vs wildcard is huge is that the division winner will likely get a bye. The AFC East winner will get one and our division winner will get the second one. If it's the Jets we'd even have a chance to get first if we can beat them later.

So this game could mean the difference between a bye and second place OR 5th place playing the Colts on the road in the Wildcard round of the playoffs.

Did I mention this game is huge?

This article in The New York Times discusses the playoff significance of the loser of the Jets-Pats game presumably looking at a wild card rather than a first round bye, but the analysis also applies to the Steelers-Ravens loser Sunday night looking at a wild card

The loser is more likely to end up as the conference’s No. 5 seed, which could lead to a first-round visit to San Diego (maybe the most dangerous team in football) or to Indianapolis, to face Peyton Manning and the defending A.F.C. champion Colts.

Because of the playoff structure, a wild-card team would have a treacherous road to reach the Super Bowl. There is no dominant team in the A.F.C., but there are five or six very good ones. If we assume a 40 percent chance of winning any road playoff game, the loser of Monday night’s battle may have to win three straight road games to earn a trip to Cowboys Stadium for the Super Bowl; the odds of winning three such games would fall below 7 percent. The winner, if it secures the No. 1 seed, will have to win just two home games. By those odds, that team would have a 36 percent chance of going to the Super Bowl. The winner would need only to hold serve — survive and advance, so to speak — while the loser would have to scratch, claw and pray for good bounces to dig out of a hole.

http://fifthdown.blogs.nytimes.com/2010/11/30/quantifying-the-importance-of-jets-patriots/?ref=sports

SteelMember
11-30-2010, 09:30 AM
Every time we play the ravens, it's a big game.

To quote the sound byte... "They don't like us, and we don't like them!"

That's the way it is. Simple as that.

Also, I don't think you can base too much from the bills game either. They have played tough in all their games... they just end up losing. They're far from the worst team, imo.

One thing is for sure... we need to cut back the penalties. We have little chance with another 100+ yards against effectively killing drives.

tanda10506
11-30-2010, 03:19 PM
This game is all O line. Even with some good play calling, the O line is so HORRIBLE, we wouldn't be able to beat Baltimore. The O line has to step it up. Wether we win a superbowl or don't even make the playoffs, everybody except Pouncey needs to go next year. They are all injury prone and even our big name linemen like Keomeatu get ran right around. No bubble screens and few seconds for Ben to pass and we'll be good. If they start getting to Ben early it could turn into a dumpster fire quick.

And just as important: the refs have to be legit. Not a person watching football except Steelers haters think we've had a fair game called since NE, but especially against Oakland and Buffalo. Watching the replays against Buffalo, there were about 4 holds that didn't exist and a pass interference that didn't happen. And conveniently they were mostly on big plays (Mendenhall's run, 27 yard catch by Hines). Throwing games is illegal, I don't see how the Feds aren't investigating this like they did Tim Donahee of the NBA. Can't beat the Ravens and the Refs.

1/28/01
11-30-2010, 04:09 PM
Lombardis, pre-merger Championships....blah blah blah!!

This game is in the present and is HUGE for both organizations. Hats off to the better team Sunday night!

Set-Man
11-30-2010, 04:15 PM
I agree with what somebody said above about the O-Line being the key. They need to out together a great game: running and passing. Give Ben enough time to make an intelligent throw. Block well enough so mendenhall doesn't get hit 3 yards behind the line.

For some reason I have a bad feeling. There is nothing better than beating Harbaugh/Ratbirds. Defense has a big task in from of them with Flacco and his new receiving troops.

Fire Arians
11-30-2010, 04:39 PM
a lot of the playoff picture depends on if we win or lose this game. hopefully the team goes in there with a fire under their ass

bobby jr
11-30-2010, 05:39 PM
I don't want to talk about all our championships in the 70's or talk about what happened before that, which was before I was even around. I want to talk about now. Let's talk about your Ravens and the fact that since your Ravens have existed, they have indeed been our little bitches. They have played second fiddle to us and that is why you have all this pent up hate for Pittsburgh. You hate our success. You hate how how you lost 3 times to us in 08 on our way to another Super Bowl. I was at that game, and that was a beat down in every phase of the game. That must of hurt watching us go to the Super Bowl at your expense. Let's see if you can knock the king off the hill this week. Your success rate is not good up to this point.

Your leader Ray Ray talks big, but I think deep down he knows the Steelers have repeatedly bent him over and he's probably a little scared.

All 3 of those games in 2008 between the Steelers and Ravens could have gone either way. Especially the first two. One of the Steelers wins was on a highly questionable and controversal TD where the refs gave the Steelers the winning TD based on overruling an on the field call. The announcers agreed that there was no indisputable visual evidence the Steelers scored a TD and it should have been 4th and goal. Would they have still scored if not for the bad call? Perhaps but my money is on the Ravens defense in that situation.

The Ravens defense is something I am proud of. It is a joy to watch the Ravens stuff opposing runners in clutch situations so many times over the years.

I'll tell you one thing if the Ravens had Jacksonville in a 4th and two situation with the game and the season on the line, there is no way they would let Garrard run up the middle for 30 yards. That is what the Steelers did in the playoffs a few years ago.They stop Gerrard and they win the game and advance in the playoffs. Instead he runs straight up the gut through the strength of the Steelers defense for 30 yards on 4th down and ends the Steelers season. In Heinz field no less. He would not have even tried that against the great Ravens defense, Ray Lewis would be waiting for him.

bobby jr
11-30-2010, 06:02 PM

You raise some valid points. The Pittsburgh football teams were pretty bad during the pre-Super bowl era. And Baltimore has won at a higher rate. That is very important.
Shows Baltimore has the edge. In the long run. That is good for Baltimore fans to know.

saveus1011
11-30-2010, 06:24 PM
Baltimore fans really live up to what that B on their helmet stands for...rhymes with itch.

Whodis
11-30-2010, 06:35 PM

How can someone from "Bel Air" speak for the ravens fans? thats funny! No one stays away from a losing team like a Baltimoron. I have pride in the fact I made it through the Bubby Brister, Mark malone and countless other shitty QB's. We know what happens when you guys struggle. The crickets chirp at your sorry ass stadiums. Just ask the Colts! tick tock tick tock better hope you guys stay so ">" because your a few bad seasons away from giving LA a new franchise.

SteelCityMom
11-30-2010, 06:39 PM
My god you're both insanely delusional. Who cares about 3 years ago? Who cares about 12.6 vs. 11.8.

Man you guys are sad.

"That is very important and shows Baltimore has the edge in the long run" :blah: :blah: :blah:

Freaking morons.

saveus1011
11-30-2010, 06:51 PM
I'd like to state that Bel-Air boy does not speak for every LA resident. Go Steelers.

MexicanBillBacker
11-30-2010, 07:11 PM
Steelers will be fine

Ravens aren't a big pass rushing team

As evidenced by the 34 points we scored on them

MACH1
11-30-2010, 07:16 PM
My god you're both insanely delusional. Who cares about 3 years ago? Who cares about 12.6 vs. 11.8.

Man you guys are sad.

"That is very important and shows Baltimore has the edge in the long run" :blah: :blah: :blah:

Freaking morons.

See what jealousy turns people into.

bobby jr
11-30-2010, 07:39 PM
See what jealousy turns people into.

You hit that one on the nail. It's been proven in this thread that Baltimore has won NFL championships at a higher rate than Pittsburgh. THat is hardly an insignificant fact, it goes to the very essence of the sport and the two cities.

I haven't seen anyone dispute that fact and I also haven't seen any responses to my post about how the Ravens wouldn't let Garrard trot up the middle for 30 yards in a game situation with the season on the line, Steelers did a few years back. I guess there isn't any possible response to that one, that had to be one of the darkest moments in Steelers history.

SteelCityMom
11-30-2010, 07:47 PM
You hit that one on the nail. It's been proven in this thread that Baltimore has won NFL championships at a higher rate than Pittsburgh. THat is hardly an insignificant fact, it goes to the very essence of the sport and the two cities.

I haven't seen anyone dispute that fact and I also haven't seen any responses to my post about how the Ravens wouldn't let Garrard trot up the middle for 30 yards in a game situation with the season on the line, Steelers did a few years back. I guess there isn't any possible response to that one, that had to be one of the darkest moments in Steelers history.

Darkest moments in Steelers history? Are you on crack? They won the SB the next year!

You wanna know why no one has thrown in your face the fact that the Colts absolutely destroyed you last year (you know...the team Baltimore USED to have)...because it means jack shit this year.

You idiots keep bringing shit up from the past like it means something now.

You hold on to your points against stats and 11.8 over 12.6 figure like it means something. I hate to tell you (actually I'm pleased to tell you) that it means squat. We are not jealous of the Ravens. We are not jealous of Baltimore. We are not jealous of any of you. We also don't cling to meaningless garbage stats either.

"It goes to the essence of the sport and the two cities"...man, you're the most delusional little troll I've ever seen. More so than Limp Timber, and that's saying A LOT. He may be a crazy stupid drunk from Baltimore who couldn't spell championship to save his life...but at least he was funny. You're just sadly pathetic.

I bet the darkest moment in Ravens history was losing to Korky in the playoffs in '01. Or constantly being spanked by the team your city gave away. None of that freaking matters anymore though...and has NOTHING to do with this weeks game.

Here's an option for you...figure out something relevant to talk about or GTFO. Going on and on about games from 3-4 years ago is retarded. Talking about championships won before most of us were born is completely insignificant (or else we'd have Packers and Browns fans pounding their chests all over the place).

SteelCityMom
11-30-2010, 07:49 PM
Here's to a good game on Sunday though (they always are with the Ravens and Steelers). None of these posts I've made are directed at any of you sane Ravens fans that visit here.

tony hipchest
11-30-2010, 08:02 PM

dispute this-

ben is 7-2 vs ravens
flacco is 2-4 vs steelers

As a rookie, Roethlisberger played his first NFL game in Baltimore, off the bench in relief of Tommy Maddox, who was injured during the game. It was the second game of the 2004 season and the Steelers lost.

Roethlisberger hasn't experienced much failure against the Ravens since then. He carries a 7-2 record into Sunday night's game against Baltimore as a starting quarterback, including his past five starts against the Ravens.

owned.

run along now, lil tike. :binky:

bobby jr
11-30-2010, 08:30 PM
Darkest moments in Steelers history? Are you on crack? They won the SB the next year!

You wanna know why no one has thrown in your face the fact that the Colts absolutely destroyed you last year (you know...the team Baltimore USED to have)...because it means jack shit this year.

You idiots keep bringing shit up from the past like it means something now.

You hold on to your points against stats and 11.8 over 12.6 figure like it means something. I hate to tell you (actually I'm pleased to tell you) that it means squat. We are not jealous of the Ravens. We are not jealous of Baltimore. We are not jealous of any of you. We also don't cling to meaningless garbage stats either.

"It goes to the essence of the sport and the two cities"...man, you're the most delusional little troll I've ever seen. More so than Limp Timber, and that's saying A LOT. He may be a crazy stupid drunk from Baltimore who couldn't spell championship to save his life...but at least he was funny. You're just sadly pathetic.

I bet the darkest moment in Ravens history was losing to Korky in the playoffs in '01. Or constantly being spanked by the team your city gave away. None of that freaking matters anymore though...and has NOTHING to do with this weeks game.

Here's an option for you...figure out something relevant to talk about or GTFO. Going on and on about games from 3-4 years ago is retarded. Talking about championships won before most of us were born is completely insignificant (or else we'd have Packers and Browns fans pounding their chests all over the place).

Seems to me that the stat which shows Baltimore has won more NFL championships is highly relevant and germane to the discussion. How many times have the Steeler fans brought up their Super Bowl championships going back to the Bradshaw Franco Harris years which isn't exactly recent history.

Also I can tell the Garrard run is a sore spot with you so I will be a gentleman and not discuss that any further, except to say that the Ravens wouldn't let that happen to them.

It is true the Ravens have had problems with the Colts in recent years but I don't see how that is relevant. the Steelers likewise have been unable to handle Brady and the Patriots. It is common for certain teams not to match up well with others.

As for something relevant to talk about, how about the fact that it's going to be freezing cold in Baltimore on Sunday night with possible snow flurries and a full stadium of Ravens fans screaming. Not exactly pleasant circumstances for the visiting team.

Oh and a word of advice I think a moderator with so many posts, should be above personal attacks.Better to stick to football discussions.

bobby jr
11-30-2010, 08:34 PM
dispute this-

ben is 7-2 vs ravens
flacco is 2-4 vs steelers

owned.

run along now, lil tike. :binky:

Flacco has won 2 of the last 3. Likely to be 3 of 4 after Sunday.
And several of those prior defeats could have gone either way,they went down to the end
The Ravens have an advantage at the head coach position.

Atlanta Dan
11-30-2010, 08:36 PM
bobby jr - is your real name Mike Preston? Just wondering after I came across this Pulitzer Prize quality post by Mr. Preston in The Baltimore Sun.

Big Ben is at it again

Pittsburgh quarterback Ben Roethlisberger might have made some adjustments in his living style, but he still likes the drama when it comes to football. It seems that every time the Ravens play the Steelers, Roethlisberger comes up with some injury. On Monday, it was the sprained foot.

As Roethlisberger limped off the field at halftime of the Steelers game against Buffalo last week, I laughed because I knew there was going to be some drama with an injury. If it wasn't going to be his foot that hurt, then it was going to be his big toe or his little finger, or his butt or a tooth. Always something.

I can understand why Roethlisberger might not want to play. He will be missing his two starting offensive tackles, and I don't think the Steelers can handle the pressure the Ravens will bring. But we all know that Big Ben will play. He'll get the ankle taped, take a pain killer and then play.

But until then, there will be a lot of drama from the Drama King all week. It wouldn't be a Pittsburgh/Baltimore week without Roethlisberger trying to grab attention by playing the injury card.
Posted by Mike Preston

http://weblogs.baltimoresun.com/sports/ravens/blog/2010/11/big_ben_is_at_it_again.html

The sportswriters that cover the Ravens are as classy as their fans who visit opposing teams message boards:chuckle:

MACH1
11-30-2010, 08:37 PM

:binky::binky::binky:

And this would be the ratbirds claim to fame, your best team ever.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_N0KHvyqBsGM/SUmxcmxC8RI/AAAAAAAAAAs/uGMTXNF7mew/s400/Ravens+Male+Cheerleaders.jpg

tony hipchest
11-30-2010, 09:00 PM
And several of those prior defeats could have gone either way,they went down to the end
The Ravens have an advantage at the head coach position.ben has won his last 5 starts against the ravens. likely to be 6 for 6 after sunday. many were over before it actually began because flacco sucks against a superior defense like the steelers. check the stats.

plus the steelers have a dominant head coach, as opposed to ray lewis' personal ball washer.

:helmet:

SH-Rock
11-30-2010, 09:00 PM
The Ravens have an advantage at the head coach position.

Well the last 2 of 3 was without Big Ben, buy anyways here's to a good game. :drink:

bobby jr
11-30-2010, 09:29 PM
OK here's to a good game, which to me is a Ravens win by at least 14 points so I can go to sleep well and early.

SteelCityMom
11-30-2010, 09:37 PM
Seems to me that the stat which shows Baltimore has won more NFL championships is highly relevant and germane to the discussion. How many times have the Steeler fans brought up their Super Bowl championships going back to the Bradshaw Franco Harris years which isn't exactly recent history.

Neither are relevant...which is why no one has even brought it up until some Ravens troll popped in here spouting nonsense about it.

Also I can tell the Garrard run is a sore spot with you so I will be a gentleman and not discuss that any further, except to say that the Ravens wouldn't let that happen to them.

It's not a sore spot with me at all. Tell you the truth, I didn't even see that game. I was running my own business then (a nightclub in the city) and was working my ass off at the time.

How can you say the Ravens would never let something like that happen? You talk like the Ravens (in past years) made the playoffs every year and did well. Sorry to tell you, but they got embarrassed a lot. Once by none other than Kordell freaking Stewart. Think before you speak troll.

It is true the Ravens have had problems with the Colts in recent years but I don't see how that is relevant. the Steelers likewise have been unable to handle Brady and the Patriots. It is common for certain teams not to match up well with others.

Exactly...just like none of the crap you bring up is relevant. Seems to me you only like things that suit your argument to be "relevant". That's not how it works. Sorry.

As for something relevant to talk about, how about the fact that it's going to be freezing cold in Baltimore on Sunday night with possible snow flurries and a full stadium of Ravens fans screaming. Not exactly pleasant circumstances for the visiting team.

Oh noes...it will be cold and maybe snowing...and there will be lots of yelling! I'm sure the Steelers have never played in conditions like that before. :rolleyes:

Oh and a word of advice I think a moderator with so many posts, should be above personal attacks.Better to stick to football discussions.

I don't take advice from trolls.

When you want to talk about relevant football, I'll gladly oblige. If all you want to do is discuss meaningless crap from 3-4 years ago...then I'm gonna call you what you are.

SteelCityMom
11-30-2010, 09:41 PM
OK here's to a good game, which to me is a Ravens win by at least 14 points so I can go to sleep well and early.

I still love that this is the same exact prediction you made last time. I bet you make this prediction for all games.

And yes, here's to a good game. They always are.

bobby jr
12-01-2010, 08:31 AM
I still love that this is the same exact prediction you made last time. I bet you make this prediction for all games.

And yes, here's to a good game. They always are.

I was off in the spread but I was right that the Ravens did beat the Steelers in Pittsburgh. With the next game in Baltimore I am more confident that the Ravens will win by a larger margin than before. I just don't see the Ravens winning in Pittsburgh and then going home and losing to them. The Ravens are playing better now and have dominated teams more than the scores show recently.

Whodis
12-01-2010, 08:51 AM
:binky::binky::binky:

And this would be the ratbirds claim to fame, your best team ever.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_N0KHvyqBsGM/SUmxcmxC8RI/AAAAAAAAAAs/uGMTXNF7mew/s400/Ravens+Male+Cheerleaders.jpg

:rofl:

You have to send a link for that picture!!!! WIN WIN WIN

You do what you have to do when there's no entertainment on the field

Whodis
12-01-2010, 08:54 AM
I'd like to state that Bel-Air boy does not speak for every LA resident. Go Steelers.

Bel-Air in MD is just an area in Harford County full of sheep

ZoneBlitzer
12-01-2010, 10:25 AM
If the Steelers somehow manage to win this game, it will be because of the coaching. I'd like to see Arians move the pocket and get Ben on some designed rollouts to help deal with the unbelievable amount of pressure he's going to face. As it is, I don't know how they are going to continue to overcome their issues with the offensive line.

vasteeler
12-01-2010, 10:41 AM
You raise some valid points. The Pittsburgh football teams were pretty bad during the pre-Super bowl era. And Baltimore has won at a higher rate. That is very important.
Shows Baltimore has the edge. In the long run. That is good for Baltimore fans to know.

the Baltimore COLTS have all the history.......you guys are the Baltimore BROWNS :doh:

vasteeler
12-01-2010, 10:43 AM

once again dingy. the Baltimore COLTS have the history, you guys are the Baltimore Browns:doh: 1 little trophy some history :toofunny:

urgle burgle
12-01-2010, 06:00 PM
wow....i have seen some idiotic retarded trolls throw up some wacked out stats, no to mention illrelevant, but this is by far the worst. good point that ol' tiim lumber was at least entertaining.
by the analogy, i guess the partriots really suck compared to baltimore. interesting...
however he did throw out "germane" once, so he may have graduated. from somewhere.

bobby jr
12-01-2010, 06:07 PM
How is it irrelevant that Baltimore wins more NFL Championships than Pittsburgh averaged over time over the whole history of the franchises? Remember there was NFL Championships before the Super Bowl was invented. The 1958 Baltimore Colts- NY Giants game, the greatest game ever played.....and the great Vince Lomardi and all those Green Bay championships. Yes those count too.

The Steelers were very good for a relatively brief period with the Steel Curtain and Bradshaw. Mid to late 70's. to early 80's. Except for that they really have not dominated the NFL at anty time. Even their two recent Super Bowls were by a small margin and one of their titles the ref just admitted this year blowing calls which affected the outcome of that Seattle Pittsburgh game.

Baltimore has had so many great teams...the Unitas years started i the 1950's and they still won it all with him at QB in the early 70's. The 2001 Ravens with perhaps the greatest defense of all time. And this years powerful and balanced team with a matured Flacco at QB may just go all the way.

chacha
12-01-2010, 06:10 PM
you dont even know the history of the Baltimore teams! The team you keep taking about having championships moved to Indy!!!

bobby jr
12-01-2010, 06:13 PM
The Colts won those championships for Baltimore and they will always be ours.

chacha
12-01-2010, 06:15 PM
sorry but they're not yours anymore, and the Steelers winning 4 SB's in 6 years was just a blip according to you. U crazy!

SteelCityMom
12-01-2010, 06:16 PM
How is it irrelevant that Baltimore wins more NFL Championships than Pittsburgh averaged over time over the whole history of the franchises? Remember there was NFL Championships before the Super Bowl was invented. The 1958 Baltimore Colts- NY Giants game, the greatest game ever played.....and the great Vince Lomardi and all those Green Bay championships. Yes those count too.

The Steelers were very good for a relatively brief period with the Steel Curtain and Bradshaw. Mid to late 70's. to early 80's. Except for that they really have not dominated the NFL at anty time. Even their two recent Super Bowls were by a small margin and one of their titles the ref just admitted this year blowing calls which affected the outcome of that Seattle Pittsburgh game.

Baltimore has had so many great teams...the Unitas years started i the 1950's and they still won it all with him at QB in the early 70's. The 2001 Ravens with perhaps the greatest defense of all time. And this years powerful and balanced team with a matured Flacco at QB may just go all the way.

You wanna know how it's irrelevant? Because the Baltimore Colts won those NFL Championships 50-60 years ago.

The other Ratbird troll brought up how irrelevant it is for us to talk about winning 6 Lombardi's (which nobody was doing in this thread) and then you both go on to mention how awesome it is that the Baltimore Colts won 2 NFL championships and a Lombardi before most people on this board were born.

Just an FYI as well...go visit the Indianapolis Colts Wiki page. Here's what you'll see.

Indianapolis Colts
Current season
Established 1953
Play in Lucas Oil Stadium
Indianapolis, Indiana
Headquartered in the Indianapolis Colts
Football Training Center
Indianapolis, Indiana

Helmet Logo
League/conference affiliations
National Football League (1953–present)
Western Conference (1953–1969)
Coastal Division (1967–1969)
American Football Conference (1970–present)
AFC East (1970–2001)
AFC South (2002–present)

Personnel
Owner(s) Jim Irsay
CEO Jim Irsay
President Bill Polian
General manager Chris Polian
Head coach Jim Caldwell
Team history
Baltimore Colts (1953–1983)
Indianapolis Colts (1984–present)
Championships
League championships (4†)
NFL Championships (3)
1958, 1959, 1968
Super Bowl Championships (2)
1970 (V), 2006 (XLI)
Conference championships (7)
NFL Western: 1958, 1959, 1964, 1968
AFC: 1970, 2006, 2009
Division championships (13)
NFL Coastal: 1968
AFC East: 1970, 1975, 1976, 1977, 1987, 1999
AFC South: 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2009
† - Does not include the AFL or NFL Championships won during the same seasons as the AFL-NFL Super Bowl Championships prior to the 1970 AFL-NFL Merger
Playoff appearances (23)
NFL: 1958, 1959, 1964, 1965, 1968, 1970, 1971, 1975, 1976, 1977, 1987, 1995, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009

See...they took Baltimore's records with them. Own up to who you are NOW in the NFL, not THEN.

You are acting like a total asshat all over this board. Nothing that happened 50-60 years ago is relevant in any way in terms of the game coming up on Sunday. Get over it.

urgle burgle
12-01-2010, 06:18 PM
wow, you know some sense of irrelevant history. should we bring in the bears, browns, and the lions too? how about we move onto the Army national championships and Pitt championships of old in the NCAA? again, with your rationality, the Patriots suck, and Baltimore is truly great. however, most GREAT teams dont run out on their city. but i digress.

bobby jr
12-01-2010, 06:19 PM
[QUOTE=SCMom;873068]

It's not a sore spot with me at all. Tell you the truth, I didn't even see that game. I was running my own business then (a nightclub in the city) and was working my ass off at the time.

/QUOTE]

Since you missed the play here is the link, although I doubt you'll want to see it.
Complete with appropriate music.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5_SyywS0W2A

4th and 2 with a stop meaning a win and advance in the playoffs for the Steelers.
Garrard burst through the Steelers line, faked out their safety and was off to the races.

urgle burgle
12-01-2010, 06:20 PM
just remember Baltimore is based out of a state called Mary Land....that it and of itself is full of jokes abound....but i dont want to be irrelevant.

urgle burgle
12-01-2010, 06:22 PM
[QUOTE=SCMom;873068]

/QUOTE]

Since you missed the play here is the link, although I doubt you'll want to see it.

4th and 2 with a stop meaning a win and advance in the playoffs for the Steelers.
Garrard burst through the Steelers line, faked out their safety and was off to the races.

if youd like i could give you the highlights of the Korky beat down of old, or ben's five tds.....as MOM mentioned, which you also didn't address. and you did see your beatdown in the playoffs last yr, right? dont obfuscate, it isn't "germane" to your argument.

SteelCityMom
12-01-2010, 06:22 PM

Lol...I've since seen the whole game. Thanks though. The only sore spot in the game with me was Ben throwing 3 picks in the first half.

That game pales in comparison to 3 more yards, SB XXX and Korky though.

SteelCityMom
12-01-2010, 06:25 PM
[QUOTE=bobby jr;873318]

if youd like i could give you the highlights of the Korky beat down of old, or ben's five tds.....as MOM mentioned, which you also didn't address. and you did see your beatdown in the playoffs last yr, right? dont obfuscate, it isn't "germane" to your argument.

I actually have the 5 TDs on DVD (burned). :sofunny:

I'd LOVE to see the Korky highlights though. Man, his highs were highs...but were his lows ever low.

SteelCityMom
12-01-2010, 06:28 PM
_3FFW_KP3gM

urgle burgle
12-01-2010, 06:33 PM
[QUOTE=urgle burgle;873320]

I actually have the 5 TDs on DVD (burned). :sofunny:

I'd LOVE to see the Korky highlights though. Man, his highs were highs...but were his lows ever low.

werent they though? i still remember that 9-6 playoff game against the hated Pats, where he had the only td on that 30+ yard run, and how he destroyed the Broncs in the reg season, before his jackup in the playoffs. blah.....

SteelKnight
12-05-2010, 11:48 AM
just remember Baltimore is based out of a state called Mary Land....that it and of itself is full of jokes abound....but i dont want to be irrelevant.

Are we in 3rd grade? Really?

Maryland is awesome.