PDA

View Full Version : your guess for Harrison's fine this week?

TRH
11-28-2010, 07:10 PM
If i had to guess, i'm going to say between 25K-50K, as much as it pains me to say it. We all know this was a clean hit.

SH-Rock
11-28-2010, 07:11 PM
75,000 for being a repeat offender

TRH
11-28-2010, 07:13 PM
the only reason i thought less is because it was obviously a clean hit, just hard. Should really incur NO fine.

joeyssteelcurtain
11-28-2010, 07:14 PM
He will be gone for a game

bobby jr
11-28-2010, 07:19 PM
He will be gone for a game

I hope it's against the Ravens since I 'm a Ravens fan

Mewtwo
11-28-2010, 07:26 PM
Hopefully the Texans/Titans brawl takes focus away from Harrison's hit.

jjpro11
11-28-2010, 07:30 PM
he'll get fined more than what Andre Johnson and Finnegan get combined.

OX1947
11-28-2010, 07:32 PM
Nothing. It was a clean hit. NFL can go (bleep) themselves..

BigRick
11-28-2010, 08:32 PM

It will be interesting to see what Comish Goofball does. As far as Finnegan he should be thankful for the refs he was getting his ass kicked! :rofl:

steeltank
11-28-2010, 08:32 PM
Lets remember, fighting/hitting carries a MAX of 25K. Andre and D-Bag will get that and maybe a suspension. We all know that hit was clean if not textbook, but we know that doesn't matter.

ETL
11-28-2010, 08:33 PM
One "bee leon" dollars

(said in voice of Dr Evil from Austin Powers)

Totally clean hit though

fer522
11-28-2010, 08:53 PM
they better not fine him or im kicking goodells ass

TRH
11-28-2010, 08:55 PM

ha, ha. :sofunny:
The league will STILL focus on the Harrison hit, don't worry......

TRH
11-28-2010, 08:56 PM
I hope it's against the Ravens since I 'm a Ravens fan

it won't be that soon. He'll appeal immediately. Of course, his appeal will be denied and it will be a later game.

ricksteelers55
11-28-2010, 09:11 PM

yeah in a real football game it would be a clean hit,unfortunately Goodell has turned this league into a circus and clean hits are now illegal if you lead with your helmet.

obviously they are not going to reduce the salaries of the players for also reducing the risks of injuries...

TRH
11-28-2010, 09:19 PM
one step closer to flag football.....
Whats the next rule? Don't think its over yet. If someone would have told you 3 or 4 years ago that these rules would exist you'd say "no way". Who knows what the "defense" and "tackling rules" may look like over the next couple years. Scary.

casteeler
11-28-2010, 09:48 PM
Let's remember these rules are limited to Pittsburgh Steeler players ONLY! All rules will remain the same for the rest of the league, sounds a little overboard but I watch 4 or 5 games a week and definatly see a differance

MattsMe
11-28-2010, 10:02 PM
Let's remember these rules are limited to Pittsburgh Steeler players ONLY! All rules will remain the same for the rest of the league, sounds a little overboard but I watch 4 or 5 games a week and definatly see a differance

The difference is HUGE, and not just Steeler fans are seeing it anymore.

cubanstogie
11-28-2010, 10:13 PM
no fine. I just don't see how he can be fined for a textbook tackle. It wasn't late, it wasn't helmet to helmet and he didn't leave his feet and lead with the head. Goodell came into league and initially I liked him due to his discipline with pacman , Burress and Vick, but his power has gone to his head. He is ruining the game. He needs to be impeached, oops wrong guy in charge, I mean fired.

steelerjim58
11-28-2010, 10:30 PM
I think he will be fined for no other reason than God-dell has set a precedent . If he doesn't fine him, it's the same as saying the hit was legal. I don't see him doing that, especially with it being Harrison. But how it was deemed illegal is baffling to me.

Fire Arians
11-28-2010, 10:30 PM
let's hope worilds is ready to go. just sayin.

cubanstogie
11-28-2010, 10:36 PM
I think he will be fined for no other reason than God-dell has set a precedent . If he doesn't fine him, it's the same as saying the hit was legal. I don't see him doing that, especially with it being Harrison. But how it was deemed illegal is baffling to me.
It needs to be explained why he is fined, if thats the case. I am banging my head against the wall trying to figure out why that was a penalty. I just can't imagine Goodell coming up with a justification. We shall see.

Third Rail
11-29-2010, 12:56 AM
Some commentator said that the hit on Shitzpantsquick will "definitely" lead to a suspension. If so, you can thank Roger Goodell for doing all he can to hand next week's game to the Ratbirds.

1/28/01
11-29-2010, 01:11 AM
Odds are, 1 game suspension......leading with crown and repeat repeat offender.

1/28/01
11-29-2010, 01:12 AM
It needs to be explained why he is fined, if thats the case. I am banging my head against the wall trying to figure out why that was a penalty. I just can't imagine Goodell coming up with a justification. We shall see.

Leading with helmet....aka "spearing" has been a penalty for decades in the NFL.

Fire Arians
11-29-2010, 01:15 AM
Leading with helmet....aka "spearing" has been a penalty for decades in the NFL.

spearing is launching headfirst into the opponent without wrapping. james wrapped, it was a textbook tackle. they teach you to do this in pee wee football, and high school, and im sure in college as well. helmet in the numbers, wrap, drive forward

harrison just hits hard but 'hitting too hard' isn't illegal, or certainly shouldn't be.

1/28/01
11-29-2010, 01:23 AM
spearing is launching headfirst into the opponent without wrapping. james wrapped, it was a textbook tackle. they teach you to do this in pee wee football, and high school, and im sure in college as well. helmet in the numbers, wrap, drive forward

harrison just hits hard but 'hitting too hard' isn't illegal, or certainly shouldn't be.

You never, ever, lead with your head and put the crown of your helmet in the numbers. Thats how you, the one causing the contact, will break your neck. They never teach this.

Spearing - http://football.about.com/cs/football101/g/gl_spearing.htm

Either way, I'm hoping for no suspension, as I want no excuses from either team regardless of the outcome.

Fire Arians
11-29-2010, 01:47 AM
You never, ever, lead with your head and put the crown of your helmet in the numbers. Thats how you, the one causing the contact, will break your neck. They never teach this.

Either way, I'm hoping for no suspension, as I want no excuses from either team regardless of the outcome.

*shrug* it's the way i learned how to tackle, my neck is fine after 7 years of doing that

i'm surprised polamalu hasn't been penalized for spearing ever, he leads with the helmet without wrapping

1/28/01
11-29-2010, 01:57 AM
*shrug* it's the way i learned how to tackle, my neck is fine after 7 years of doing that

i'm surprised polamalu hasn't been penalized for spearing ever, he leads with the helmet without wrapping

Im sure you're very successful with that style, but the NFL has always viewed spearing as a "no no" and they will continue to enforce it as they always have. I played for 9 years and was guilty of it from time to time as well. It only takes one hit, one inch off and you've changed your entire life. Harrison plays with little regard for his safety and the safety of others......with that said, I wouldn't mind having him back! :)

Fire Arians
11-29-2010, 02:00 AM
Im sure you're very successful with that style, but the NFL has always viewed spearing as a "no no" and they will continue to enforce it as they always have. I played for 9 years and was guilty of it from time to time as well. It only takes one hit, one inch off and you've changed your entire life. Harrison plays with little regard for his safety and the safety of others......with that said, I wouldn't mind having him back! :)

scary to think how good the ravens defense would be with lewis and harrison.

MattsMe
11-29-2010, 02:07 AM
Here's the video. Sure looks like Harrison hit him with his facemask, NOT the crown of his helmet. Pause it at the 00:31 second mark.

Doesn't matter though. This type of tackle does nothing for fantasy football, and casual fans don't want to see it. Therefore, it will be flagged.

The NFL is dead folks.

lwS8Clfp2vM

BGSU A Dub
11-29-2010, 07:51 AM
Did anyone else notice how quickly they had the video montage of Harrison's hits after the play? It's like there was an intern in the studio with his finger hovered over the button to play that clip during the game.

TRH
11-29-2010, 08:27 AM
Did anyone else notice how quickly they had the video montage of Harrison's hits after the play? It's like there was an intern in the studio with his finger hovered over the button to play that clip during the game.

Yeah, most of the media doesn't do any good except fan the flames of anything they can exploit.

Whodis
11-29-2010, 08:33 AM
Right after that Wi****S says "He looked to have his helmet in the chin area". So now we are flagging for "area". I waited til the alcohol wore off to post. That penalty changed momentum for the rest of the game.

TRH
11-29-2010, 08:41 AM
Right after that Wi****S says "He looked to have his helmet in the chin area". So now we are flagging for "area". I waited til the alcohol wore off to post. That penalty changed momentum for the rest of the game.

I hear ya. They're not even making calls on "fact" anymore. They're making calls based on "well, i think....", or "it looked like..."
A complete bunch of BS and really detrimental to the game.

Curtain_of_Steel
11-29-2010, 09:22 AM
Well first off, they better have a much better camera view than the only one they showed yesterday because you can not tell if his head hit his chest and rolled up to the helmet. Which is what I think it did.

Certainly the referree behind the qb could not tell and could only see helmet to helmet. However I think its a clean hit, a dam hard hit, but clean nonetheless.

Farrior should shut his mouth on the hit as well. His comment was Bs, harrison should put a little licking on him during practice.

steelerdave1969
11-29-2010, 09:40 AM

The thing about this BGSU is that the game is on a little bit of a delay . . not sure how many seconds but I think thats right. So thats how they can show the Replays so quickly cuz they have that Delay. If I am wrong about that maybe someone can correct me. I think the Hit was not close to Helmet to Helmet and the NFL is just being Rediculous right now. The Refs are just sitting there waiting on players like Harrison to get close and they are gonna call it . . the NFL needs money I guess and this is how they are gonna get a little more.

jjpro11
11-29-2010, 10:29 AM

when was the last time you ever saw them call spearing on a hit to the chest? i've never seen it. hit to the back, yes.. chest, never.

cubanstogie
11-29-2010, 12:06 PM

you tell me if Ray Lewis made that hit you would call it a spear. LMAO, not crown of helmet. Not even close. It was the facemask and forehead area of helmet into the chest. Not even close to spear or helmet to helmet.

MDSteel15
11-29-2010, 12:26 PM

I agree with this assesment!

Third Rail
11-29-2010, 12:36 PM
Did any of you see Mike Perreira's comments on this? He barely acknowledged the actual act and just went off on how, if this is determined to be helmet-to-helmet, Harrison needs to be suspended because he's a repreat offender, we need to send a message, blah blah blah.

It amazes me that they give this guy a column with material like that. It would be one thing if he was actually reviewing the video and determining if the call was correct (which is what he was supposed to do) but it read to me like he barely looked at it and took this as his opportunity to slam Harrison for playing the game hard.

jjpro11
11-29-2010, 12:43 PM
the NFL sucks any more.. there's really nothing else to it. the refs are pure garbage.. they are flagging hits that look too violent... targeting specific players, while overprotecting others. college kids get away with more hitting than the NFL.. and that's only because the NFL wants to protect its investment and extend an already too long season.

MDSteel15
11-29-2010, 12:49 PM

Spearing, you moron, is leading with the helmet to the middle of a players back!

CaliStillersFan
11-29-2010, 01:02 PM
If the NFL suspends Johnson/Finnegan I'd be shocked. Last week they only fined Seymour (a repeat offender of "fighting") $25k, even though that wasn't much of a fight, so how could they go back on that (without looking like total Ben haters) and suspend these guys for actually fighting?

The Steelers are obviously paying the price for speaking out against the NFL officials and for the way the league handles fines or suspensions. The officials better swallow their whistles next week when the whole nation is watching. They've gotten away with their biased crap the last 2 weeks because of the poor matchups and no one was watching. Nationally televised games usually are the best officiated games, it's much harder to fix a game when everyone is watching.

lionslicer
11-29-2010, 01:03 PM
He'll get fined just because he keeps saying "it wont change the way I play" The NFL wants to shut him up.

MDSteel15
11-29-2010, 01:03 PM
the NFL sucks any more.. there's really nothing else to it. the refs are pure garbage.. they are flagging hits that look too violent... targeting specific players, while overprotecting others. college kids get away with more hitting than the NFL.. and that's only because the NFL wants to protect its investment and extend an already too long season.

They need instant replay challenges for calls also!!! :banging:

CaliStillersFan
11-29-2010, 01:25 PM
They need instant replay challenges for calls also!!! :banging:

I agree but that would turnout the same as challenging a spot. Ref's usually will not overturn their own judgment calls, they feel it makes them look bad.

mikegrimey
11-29-2010, 01:36 PM
I thought the hit was perfectly acceptable. Harrison is obviously being targeted as the villain of the new nfl. Hope he keeps having an awesome season, he is definitely pro bowl bound.

jjpro11
11-29-2010, 02:26 PM
i'll ask again... when have you ever seen a player flagged for spearing from hitting a player square in the chest? that was the first time i ever saw that call.

Fire Arians
11-29-2010, 03:23 PM
i'll ask again... when have you ever seen a player flagged for spearing from hitting a player in the square in the chest? that was the first time i ever saw that call.

i see ray lewis do it all the time and never gets flagged. he should be a bigger villain than harrison, i mean james never stabbed anyone

Third Rail
11-29-2010, 04:07 PM
Yeah, but FUTURE HALL OF FAMER Ray Lewis is the GREATEST OF ALL TIME AND THE MEDIA WILL MAKE DAMN SURE YOU NEVER FORGET IT. Every time he tackles someone, it's instantaneously the Best Play of the Week and every single time the Ravens have ever won a game, it's solely because of his unparalleled leadership.

Like the other week when Baltimore's Unstoppable Defense with Balls of Solid Rock got gashed by career backup quarterback Ryan Fitzpatrick. Some might want to give credit to Joe Flacco and the Ravens' offense as well as a penalty that put them in game-winning field goal range, but we all know the real reason that Baltimore won was because The Great Ray Lewis yelled and screamed at the top of his lungs on the sideline, in a speech so brilliantly articulated, it was as if he was channeling God, General Patton and Laurence Olivier all at the same time.

Statistical facts:

- Ray Lewis can intercept a pass even when he's at home watching a game.

- The Fall of Rome was caused by a Ray Lewis sack.

- Ray Lewis was never accused of murder... murder was accused of being Ray Lewis.

fer522
11-29-2010, 04:25 PM
Ray Lewis was never accused of murder... murder was accused of being Ray Lewis.

he was at the wrong place at the wrong time :tt03:

MattsMe
11-29-2010, 04:33 PM
Ray Lewis doesn't spear, he knifes.

fer522
11-29-2010, 04:36 PM
Ray Lewis doesn't spear, he knifes.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Steeler4life1972
11-29-2010, 04:39 PM
Might has well get ready cause i do believe harrison will be suspended this time....and if he is suspended steelernation needs to rise up against the nfl bec of the obvious distaste for our team who carries the most fans in the US and abroad...(yes look it up)...we are america's team whether the media wants to believe it or not!!!

bigchuck
11-29-2010, 04:50 PM
rise against what? the guys a bone head if he cant learn and change his style of how he plays the game. is it right ?no but your useless to the game if you cant change with the game. as soon as i saw the hit i knew it was a fine if not suspension. im a realist not a dreamer. james just needs to learn if thats at all possible

Steeler4life1972
11-29-2010, 04:53 PM
Well chuck you must not watch any other games but the steelers because there are plenty of other guys doing the same thing week after week with no repercussions!

bigchuck
11-29-2010, 04:54 PM
really?? name me 2

4xSBChamps
11-29-2010, 04:55 PM
This type of tackle does nothing for fantasy football, and casual fans don't want to see it.

The NFL is dead folks.

truer words haven't been spoken lately about the NFL, who built their reputation in the 1950's, 1960's, and 1970's on things like 'The Violent World of Sam Huff', images of Chuck Bedanrik celebrating over a fallen Frank Gifford, Dick Butkus fantasizing about running-backs losing their heads, 'KILL-BUBBA-KILL' hanging from the roof in Baltimore, and Jack Lambert's snarling face compared to 'Dracula in cleats'

while Goodell might-be raking-in the dollars for the owners, he is ruining the game of football ~ this guy would F-up the recipe for toast

Steeler4life1972
11-29-2010, 04:56 PM
James is just a beast when he hits no matter if he is using his helmet or not!! He is blantantly targetted no 2 ways about it!! Watch other games as well and you will see and no dont just watch the highlights either!

bigchuck
11-29-2010, 04:57 PM
no you made the claim now come up with 2 other players who make bonehead plays week in and week out like james does. ill wait

Steeler4life1972
11-29-2010, 04:58 PM
Chuck....well Finnegan has been doing for the last several years with the titans and ray lewis all his career....ask anybody in here they will tell ya!

bigchuck
11-29-2010, 04:59 PM
ok please show me one youtube clip of a controversial hit by either on youtube this year...ill wait

Steeler4life1972
11-29-2010, 04:59 PM
If you are gonna sit here and tell me that harrison is the only one doing this then you need to check yourself

bigchuck
11-29-2010, 05:01 PM
hes the only one that cant figure out that he can not lead with his helmet, the guy is a hell of a football player but a complete dolt, whos 15 yard penalties will end up cost us games

Steeler4life1972
11-29-2010, 05:02 PM
dude go look it up yourself...you have the net...plus we are the steelers so their you go...there are a ton of shots each week but being who we are we overshadow those...cmon...use some common sense...im not gonna argue this fact anymore with you. Other ppl in here will tell you the same thing!

TRH
11-29-2010, 05:14 PM
if i was everybody, i'd just ignore this uneducated loser. Its obviously a fan of another team who just registered here to inflame people.

SteelCityMom
11-29-2010, 05:21 PM
ok please show me one youtube clip of a controversial hit by either on youtube this year...ill wait

Sigh...it's easy if you just watch games. I found this within a minute of a quick youtube search. Some of these are from this year, some are from a year or two ago...this guy leads with his helmet constantly.

I dare you to get through the first minute of his pregame dancing though. :chuckle:

Fqolpv9Nc54

He was fined a whopping 25k and 5k last year (for hits on Ocho and Collie respectively) and nothing so far this year...

TRH
11-29-2010, 05:24 PM
i'd love to see him deck Ocho again this year................

:tt04:

bigchuck
11-29-2010, 05:26 PM
uneducated loser, so the name calling begins....im sorry i thought this was a discussion board, i didnt realize i had to be a cheerleader and a complete homer to post here. i just feel that james harrison plays a bit outside the current rules and needs to curtail his head hunting and leading with his head. in that ray lewis video i saw 1 questionable hit and im not even sure if it was from this year.

kirklandrules
11-29-2010, 05:29 PM
At the pace the NFL is heading, I'll be watching baseball to see a contact sport.

So, let's just see what the NFL is telling James Harrison:

Don't hit someone too hard who catches the ball, especially after you already hit a runner too hard.
Don't pick up a QB and toss him to the ground.
Don't hit a QB anywhere in the region of the feet to the top of the head.
Don't somehow land on top of another player.

Other suggestions from the Commish:

Stop looking so mean, you might frighten players on the opposing team.
Apologize if you happen to run into another player (especially if it is someone from another team).
No cursing! You play on Sundays and that's just not right!
It's o.k. to wear black, but the yellow definitely is not your color big boy.
Finally, you really should have fresh cut flowers in and around your locker. Jeewiz you silly goose, try to decorate with a little appeal.

Remember James, the Commish loves you. No, he really loves you ... :sissies:

TRH
11-29-2010, 05:30 PM
for one clear example if you want one, in the Browns game, James was leading into a very hard shoulder hit and the opponent ducked their head at the last second (causing the helmet-to-helmet collision). James himself even argued that this was the cause.
How you could call that "playing outside the rules", i mean, come on....

SteelCityMom
11-29-2010, 05:31 PM
uneducated loser, so the name calling begins....im sorry i thought this was a discussion board, i didnt realize i had to be a cheerleader and a complete homer to post here. i just feel that james harrison plays a bit outside the current rules and needs to curtail his head hunting and leading with his head. in that ray lewis video i saw 1 questionable hit and im not even sure if it was from this year.

Oh come on. The first hit they showed (against the Browns...from this year) he led with his helmet into the guys back (aka spearing).

Two of the hits (from last year) are hits he was fined for. Helmet to helmet with both Ocho and Collie.

Some of them are just great plays...but he leads with his helmet as much as any other defender does.

I also would love to know what a defender is supposed to lead with when tackling. His forearms? Throw your head back and lead with your chest? When you bend over to tackle someone, it just seems that your head would be the thing that sticks out the furthest.

SteelCityMom
11-29-2010, 05:32 PM
for one clear example if you want one, in the Browns game, James was leading into a very hard shoulder hit and the opponent ducked their head at the last second (causing the helmet-to-helmet collision). James himself even argued that this was the cause.
How you could call that "playing outside the rules", i mean, come on....

He wasn't fined for that hit. That was within the rules.

TRH
11-29-2010, 05:36 PM
that was just one example. I don't have time to go around and find his explanations on each hit (seems there were so many), but i do remember him talking about that hit being clean as well and within the rules. I know it was the other hit that was the "fine".
I can look for that later and post it up.

bigchuck
11-29-2010, 05:40 PM
when tackling a QB you can NOT lead with your helmet, im not an NFL player or coach either are any of you so its impossible for us to sit here and say he shoulda done this shoulda done that. for some reason james harrison pops up EVERY week now for "fringe" hits, i thought the one against vince young was pure garbage but hey im not the commishner and yes i agree he is ruining this sport. but james needs to wise up and change up his play or he will cost us a game by taking a bad penalty. hes gotta know all eyes are on him and play accordingly

TRH
11-29-2010, 05:43 PM
I will say this....even though i still think it was a clean hit and the loose "rule" is bogus....i'm not sure what James was thinking went he went in like that. He had to know this would cause a huge uproar. You would think after all this, he would automatically go in like that with all shoulder.....

bigchuck
11-29-2010, 05:46 PM
I will say this....even though i still think it was a clean hit and the loose "rule" is bogus....i'm not sure what James was thinking went he went in like that. He had to know this would cause a huge uproar. You would think after all this, he would automatically go in like that with all shoulder.....

thank you

SteelCityMom
11-29-2010, 05:49 PM
when tackling a QB you can NOT lead with your helmet, im not an NFL player or coach either are any of you so its impossible for us to sit here and say he shoulda done this shoulda done that. for some reason james harrison pops up EVERY week now for "fringe" hits, i thought the one against vince young was pure garbage but hey im not the commishner and yes i agree he is ruining this sport. but james needs to wise up and change up his play or he will cost us a game by taking a bad penalty. hes gotta know all eyes are on him and play accordingly

Lol...honestly, I thought the one against Young was the only one that was worthy of the fine. I loved it, but I knew something was going to come of it just by how violently he was driven to the ground by three guys (and James was the one to take his legs out).

The one against Campbell last week pissed me off the most though. If ever there was a stupid rule/call it's 'driving the QB to the ground with full body weight'. Put the princesses in tutu's already.

I just think they're using him as an example. I don't think it's a total conspiracy against the Steelers or anything...or even Harrison, I just think it's easiest to make him the poster boy for too rough a style of play.

bobby jr
11-29-2010, 07:16 PM
Look the guy gets fined week after week for these hits. He may win the next "dirtiest player" poll taken by Sports Illustrated and take that title away from Hines Ward (who won the last SI poll) if this goes on much longer. Where there is smoke there is fire. Why does Tomlin put up with this? Ravens coach Harbaugh wouldn't stand for one of his players doing this type of thing repeatedly.

Myself I'm a Ravens fan proud no Ravens have been involved with these fines for helmet and other fringe hits in recent weeks. Todd Heap was actually the victim of one by Meriweather of the Patriots.

jjpro11
11-29-2010, 08:05 PM
Look the guy gets fined week after week for these hits. He may win the next "dirtiest player" poll taken by Sports Illustrated and take that title away from Hines Ward (who won the last SI poll) if this goes on much longer. Where there is smoke there is fire. Why does Tomlin put up with this? Ravens coach Harbaugh wouldn't stand for one of his players doing this type of thing repeatedly.

Myself I'm a Ravens fan proud no Ravens have been involved with these fines for helmet and other fringe hits in recent weeks. Todd Heap was actually the victim of one by Meriweather of the Patriots.

Lewis was fined twice last year for blows to the head.. and your player spit in another guy's face this year.. please just stfu and stop acting all high and mighty.

bobby jr
11-29-2010, 08:12 PM
Lewis was fined twice last year for blows to the head.. and your player spit in another guy's face this year.. please just stfu and stop acting all high and mighty.
We were talking about this year that is when the rules changed and all. Also
The NFL decided against imposing any fines after investigating complaints by the Miami Dolphins . There was no evidence to show that Baltimore player Le'Ron McClain spit in the face of linebacker Channing Crowde. But perhaps you assume he was guilty because he was a Raven. Would you make this same assumption if a Steeler were involved under the same circumstances?

kirklandrules
11-29-2010, 08:25 PM
We were talking about this year that is when the rules changed and all. Also
The NFL decided against imposing any fines after investigating complaints by the Miami Dolphins . There was no evidence to show that Baltimore player Le'Ron McClain spit in the face of linebacker Channing Crowde. But perhaps you assume he was guilty because he was a Raven. Would you make this same assumption if a Steeler were involved under the same circumstances?

As stated previously, James Harrison never murdered anyone. Your boy Ray was covered in a dead man's blood and the inside of his limo was covered in a dead man's blood. But like a typical scumbag Raven, he avoided prison by ratting out his friends. Guess a Raven is nothing more than a flying rat. Way to go loser!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9XZDzOGFXts

bobby jr
11-29-2010, 08:32 PM
As stated previously, James Harrison never murdered anyone. Your boy Ray was covered in a dead man's blood and the inside of his limo was covered in a dead man's blood. But like a typical scumbag Raven, he avoided prison by ratting out his friends. Guess a Raven is nothing more than a flying rat. Way to go loser!

If you think there was enough evidence to prove Ray Lewis was guilty I wouldn't want you on my jury if I were innocent. Even your video just shows him driving away and not involved with the killing. He made a mistake and hung with the wrong crowd but it is quite unlikely he was directly involved with the killing. Of course I don't know for sure I wasn't there but neither were you. What is clear is that there was no evidence he did it.

steelerchad
11-29-2010, 08:55 PM
If you think there was enough evidence to prove Ray Lewis was guilty I wouldn't want you on my jury if I were innocent. Even your video just shows him driving away and not involved with the killing. He made a mistake and hung with the wrong crowd but it is quite unlikely he was directly involved with the killing. Of course I don't know for sure I wasn't there but neither were you. What is clear is that there was no evidence he did it.

What is clear, is that 2 guys died by stabbing and someone who was with Ray or Ray himself did it. Yet no one was convicted of the crime. If Mr. Praise Jesus was to clear his conscience maybe he could shed some light on what really happened that night, since he was there and surely knows.
Just as you wouldn't want some of us on your jury if you were innocent. If those 2 dead men were my family, I surely wouldn't want you on their killers jury either. Someone killed them and noone was punished. How would you feel about that?

BigRick
11-30-2010, 12:16 AM

Right on! Ray Lewis should have went to prison, but turned chickenshit and ratted everybody else out. If Goodell would have been commisoner then he probably would have said no big deal, he's nat a Steeler. Even Mickey Mouse didn't believe him!! :rofl:

1/28/01
11-30-2010, 02:20 PM
Spearing, you moron, is leading with the helmet to the middle of a players back!

you are entirely incorrect......it has nothing to do with location.

1/28/01
11-30-2010, 02:24 PM
Sigh...it's easy if you just watch games. I found this within a minute of a quick youtube search. Some of these are from this year, some are from a year or two ago...this guy leads with his helmet constantly.

I dare you to get through the first minute of his pregame dancing though. :chuckle:

Fqolpv9Nc54

He was fined a whopping 25k and 5k last year (for hits on Ocho and Collie respectively) and nothing so far this year...

just about every hit in this evidence, that supports Ray, shows leading with the shoulder and his head to the side.....pause every hit, specifically at 1:44 and 2:35....perfect technique!

1/28/01
11-30-2010, 02:26 PM
just about every hit in this evidence, that supports Ray, shows leading with the shoulder and his head to the side.....pause everyone hit, specifically at 1:44

Ray is too smart of a football player (and if anyone disputes that, its pure homerism) to threaten his life and career to lead with his helmet like Harrison and others in the NFL.

The crazy thing is I like the toughness of Harrison, hes just not learning

Whodis
11-30-2010, 02:42 PM
Ray is too smart of a football player (and if anyone disputes that, its pure homerism) to threaten his life and career to lead with his helmet like Harrison and others in the NFL.

The crazy thing is I like the toughness of Harrison, hes just not learning

I work in Baltimore... So I have a lot of friends that season ticket or follow the team (it's like having gay friends). The guys that are pure fans and can get by the Raven-Steeler stuff were stunned when it all went down with Harrison.

Both teams play an agressive style. It does no favors to Baltimore to fine teams that"hit hard". If you disagree your just an idiot. The fine for the Brees hit has total BS.

stb_steeler
11-30-2010, 03:49 PM

Theres more hits in womans lingere football

1/28/01
11-30-2010, 04:46 PM
I work in Baltimore... So I have a lot of friends that season ticket or follow the team (it's like having gay friends). The guys that are pure fans and can get by the Raven-Steeler stuff were stunned when it all went down with Harrison.

Both teams play an agressive style. It does no favors to Baltimore to fine teams that"hit hard". If you disagree your just an idiot. The fine for the Brees hit has total BS.

love how quick this board is to use words like "idiot" and "moron". classy...

I love the rivalry that is the ravens/steelers. I think harrison is a great player/athlete. He needs to adapt and stop leading with the head; thats all. I do think the $25k is a bit ridiculious, given what others have received recently for other infractions.

SteelersinCA
11-30-2010, 09:00 PM

Perhaps you should educate yourself before you speak. Let me help.

http://www.businessdictionary.com/definition/accessory-after-the-fact.html

Individual who was not involved in the actual carrying our (commission) of an offense but who (knowing a crime has been committed) conceals or harbors the culprit, or aids in his or her escape from arrest or punishment.

Read more: http://www.businessdictionary.com/definition/accessory-after-the-fact.html#ixzz16oz6UlVR

and

http://www.vanwagnerandwood.com/defense/AccompliceLiability.shtml

A person who is charged as an accomplice to a crime can be held vicariously liable for the commission of the crime. If a defendant is charged with a vicarious liability crime, the charge can be the same charge as though he had completed the crime, even if he did not assist during the commission of the crime.

Today, under a majority of state statutory laws, an accomplice is charged with the completed crime.

Thank you for conceding Ray Ray should have been found guilty of murder.