PDA

View Full Version : Once and for all let it go Holmgren.....

DIESELMAN
03-31-2006, 05:27 AM
Mike Sando, of the Tacoma News Tribune, reports NFL officiating director Mike Pereira said three of the four controversial calls during Super Bowl XL were ruled correctly. The holding penalty on Seattle Seahawks OG Sean Locklear, WR Darrell Jackson's pass interference, and Pittsburgh Steelers QB Ben Roethlisberger's touchdown run were all ruled correctly. He admitted that the officials clearly missed when Seahawks QB Matt Hasselbeck was flagged for an illegal block. Pereira said, "To me, it's a hard game to officiate. With that being said, we have to fight to get better. We had some mistakes in the playoffs and we've had to suffer the consequences."

SteelShooter
03-31-2006, 06:51 AM
:iagree:

I went through and replayed most of it all frame-by-frame. In all honesty, I did not originally think Ben's TD made it in, but after the frame-by-frame...I really do believe he juuuuust broke the plane with the tip of the ball.
The one on Hass was just as wrong as Troy's Phantom Interception.......I agree...LET IT GO! I am so sick and tired of their whining about all of this! Be a good sportsman, admit defeat like a WINNER and move on to the next season. All they have succeeded in doing is to take some of the EARNED glory from the Steelers. At least our guys say "They were the better team today" when they lose one (except Joey's one tirade after the Colts game ). Or, when Watergun Maddox plays, at least we blame one of our own guys (if you could call him one of our own....NOT ANYMORE!:nono: )

:bringit:

DIESELMAN
03-31-2006, 07:17 AM
Truthfully I don't think he'll ever let it go.He believed they were going to win no matter what happened and then when his team gave up and didn't believe anymore he had to put the blame on someone other then who was really responsible.This is his last year on his contract and I think hes thinking about going into management.

clevestinks
03-31-2006, 07:27 AM
We won! Holmgren deal with it!

SteelShooter
03-31-2006, 07:35 AM
Truthfully I don't think he'll ever let it go.He believed they were going to win no matter what happened and then when his team gave up and didn't believe anymore he had to put the blame on someone other then who was really responsible.This is his last year on his contract and I think hes thinking about going into management.

I hope he does go into management, really!

This is even more tasteless and class-less than when he was in Green Bay and brought in the Winner's Pay in $1 bills the evening before in a briefcase to get the Pack fired up thinking about all of that money.

These guys! I know this is their means of income, but it is SUPPOSED to mean more to them at the SuperBowl level than just about the money! It is SUPPOSED to be about a payoff for your inner self (instead of your wallet) after years of working all the way from little league, through high school and college, to the NFL.

This, the SuperBowl, is the pinnacle of your career! Belay the crass behaviour and hold your head high, be proud, and..........play as a PROFESSIONAL with class and with HONOR, not some money hungry punk! :mad: