PDA

View Full Version : Sep's punt...

TRH
11-29-2010, 04:41 PM
How about Sep's 55 yard booming punt from the back of the end-zone Sunday?
That was impressive, He basically had no room back there and beforehand i thought the Bills would get incredible field position. That was nice.

DanRooney
11-29-2010, 06:49 PM
That was impressive, He basically had no room back there and beforehand i thought the Bills would get incredible field position. That was nice.

Yeah that was a hell of a punt and Lewis' strip made it even better. I honestly thought the game was over after the ball was placed at the 1.

steelerchad
11-29-2010, 07:58 PM
With all that happened on that play and thereafter, I forgot how great that punt was. Clutch kick. That may have been the best kick of the day and Suisham had 4 pretty good ones.

bobby jr
11-29-2010, 08:01 PM
It was a good punt. However Seems to me that it didn't really travel 55 yards, the Buffalo player fumbled it backwards.

tony hipchest
11-29-2010, 08:10 PM
It was a good punt. However Seems to me that it didn't really travel 55 yards, the Buffalo player fumbled it backwards.:doh:

he fumbled it backwards 10 yards to the 35.

cubanstogie
11-29-2010, 08:16 PM
It was a good punt. However Seems to me that it didn't really travel 55 yards, the Buffalo player fumbled it backwards.

Is the glass half empty with you when it pertains to the Ratbirds as well, or are you just a Steelers pessimest? It was a friggin clutch punt. Not good punt, phenomenal punt, you rarely see a boomer like that when you don't have the standard 15 yards to work with.

steelerchad
11-29-2010, 08:17 PM

Seems to me that you either didn't see the punt or don't remember it right. You then try to say stupid stuff that you don't know squat about.

fat4jc
11-30-2010, 08:13 AM

Seems to me that you don't belong here....jus' sayin.

urgle burgle
12-01-2010, 06:38 PM
as i was watchin' the play, before the punt, i thought our fate was sealed.....thank God i was wrong.

bobby jr
12-02-2010, 07:16 PM
Steelers still would have lost shortly after that punt if not for the subsequent sure TD pass which was dropped by a wide open Buffalo receiver. I doubt the Ravens will be dropping any such passes Sunday night.

tony hipchest
12-02-2010, 08:37 PM
maybe you wanna learn the difference of a ball travelling 45, 55, or 65 yds through the air before you start offering prognostications.

once you master the basics, then perhaps you can move onto something more complex. :hunch:

steelerchad
12-02-2010, 10:02 PM
Steelers still would have lost shortly after that punt if not for the subsequent sure TD pass which was dropped by a wide open Buffalo receiver. I doubt the Ravens will be dropping any such passes Sunday night.

PFFT....
I doubt the Ravens are in a position to win at the end of the game. They will be throwing though, down 2 scores in the 4th trying to play catch up.

steelerchad
12-02-2010, 10:03 PM

You do realize that punts are measured from the line of scrimage not from where they are kicked, right?
Nevermind, I've read some of your other posts. You obviously have no clue.

lionslicer
12-02-2010, 10:29 PM

50-55 yards was where it was caught, but officially was like a 65 yard punt after the ball was fumbled

MasterOfPuppets
12-03-2010, 06:17 AM
why is this ratbird troll being allowed to derail and infect threads ? :noidea:

finesward
12-03-2010, 06:44 AM

What a short memory you ravens fans have...remember the game in 09??

Joe Flacco threw touchdown passes of 30 and 7 yards to Todd Heap, but the Ravens couldn't overcome two touchdowns wiped out by penalties, a dropped TD pass by Derrick Mason and 113 yards in penalties.

http://scores.espn.go.com/nfl/recap?gameId=291227023

:hug:

steelerdave1969
12-03-2010, 07:22 PM

Yep he finally made a good punt when we needed it. The guy sure cant pin no one inside their own 20 yard line . . so its about time he did something.
As I was sitting here writting this post, I decided to rewind my game and look at this punt. The guy caught the punt at his own 43 yard line returned it approximately 5 yards to the 48 yard line of the BILLS before he Fumbled the ball and the Bills Recovered it at their own 35 yard line.
All in all this was a 56 yard punt . Wanted to make sure this was all in a good way and that is the way that it happened. Anyone with the game Recorded can rewind the game and see exactly what I am describing. It was with a little over 12 minutes left in the OT session.

steelerdave1969
12-03-2010, 07:35 PM

For those who dont like this post is Not Being Honest With Yourself about the Dropped Pass. If not for it we would be 7-4 no doubt. But . . . I am pretty sure the Steelers had a dropped pass by someone that should have been a TD . . so it could have went either way. . . . I am just saying . . :coffee: