PDA

View Full Version : FINES? $25K for fight?

pitt0wns
11-29-2010, 05:45 PM
O WOW!

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d81c83d07/article/texans-johnson-titans-finnegan-each-fined-25k-for-fight?module=breaking_news

How do these 2 guys only get $25K for fighting after the whistle and Harrision gets fined $75K for hitting someone between the whistle?

LMAO NFL is a joke!

Merchant
11-29-2010, 05:47 PM
Woww... I have no words.

TRH
11-29-2010, 05:50 PM
not only was it a fight, but it was actually an embarrassment and a black eye on the NFL. This isn't even a part of the game.
I think they got fine amounts backward for hits and fights.
Another example of poor leadership and direction. Very sad.

pitt0wns
11-29-2010, 05:50 PM
If I was Harrison I would spit in Goodells FACE!

Now you should see more brawls in the league since its only $25K fine and no suspension.

pitt0wns
11-29-2010, 05:55 PM
http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/10333/1106996-100.stm

WOW!

Fire Haley
11-29-2010, 06:24 PM
Any bets Goodell suspends Harrison for his hit? Before the Steelers biggest game of the year?

Would serve them dirty Steelers right, how dare they tackle hard

MDSteel15
11-29-2010, 06:39 PM
WTF!!! That's his 3rd fight this year!!! :banging: :banging: :banging:

ncsteeler
11-29-2010, 08:50 PM
One of these players agents needs to hit the TV circuit taking up his case. Put pressure on the dumbass running the show. Only way to change it is to swing middle of the road public opinion.

NEWstevo
11-29-2010, 09:04 PM
HOW? Cause they are not wearing Pittsburgh Steeler jeserys.

SteelCityRules
11-29-2010, 09:18 PM
HOW? Cause they are not wearing Pittsburgh Steeler jeserys.

Exactly. This league is a joke. When will enough be enough? When will someone who actually has power stand up & say something?

BigRick
11-29-2010, 11:55 PM
This is pure bullshit! A legal hit draws a 75K fine, but a fist fight draws a 25K fine. So maybe this is what the Steelers do against the Cravens, pick out a DL player and have him knock Flaccid's ass off. It's only 25 k and a sure victory. :rofl:

Mewtwo
11-29-2010, 11:55 PM
Exactly. This league is a joke. When will enough be enough? When will someone who actually has power stand up & say something?

When someone assaults or kills Roger Goodell.

His negative influence on the NFL will continue until someone makes him unable to perform his duties as commissioner. I know it's somewhat in bad taste to say such things but I honestly don't see anything good coming from him being in charge - the league has basically become a mere shadow of its former self. Bring back hard hits, extravagant and hilarious endzone celebrations, the "bad boy" image of the NFL, etc. I don't care how badly you want to make the NFL family friendly, when you have hundreds of testosterone-fueled athletes giving their all, things are going to get heated, and when you have people making seven figure salaries, things are going to be different in how they are treated off the field.

The on-field things are being handled completely wrong and the off-field incidents should not even been within Goodell's jurisdiction. I am so hoping that an NFL player on his way out, with nothing left to lose, at the VERY least goes on a very long rant about Goodell and starts some kind of movement to oust him.

This is pure bullshit! A legal hit draws a 75K fine, but a fist fight draws a 25K fine. So maybe this is what the Steelers do against the Cravens, pick out a DL player and have him knock Flaccid's ass off. It's only 25 k and a sure victory. :rofl:

The sick thing is that I think this could very well be a common tactic, and I wonder why it's not done in sports more often if the penalties for it are not going to be all that severe.

tony hipchest
11-30-2010, 12:00 AM

you would think so but they would actually be upgraded with mark bulger getting a shot. :hunch:

BigRick
11-30-2010, 12:05 AM
you would think so but they would actually be upgraded with mark bulger getting a shot. :hunch:

You make a good point. I forgot about Bulger. :tt03:

pitt0wns
11-30-2010, 01:13 AM
Its pretty sad what the NFL is today.

Goodell needs to be gone ASAP. I really hope there is a lockout next year.

All they care about is fining ppl(mainly the steelers!) and doing an 18 game season to make more $$$

BGSU A Dub
11-30-2010, 03:18 AM
Not only is this crap ruining the game, but it is setting a bad example for kids and future players in the NFL. I can just see kids in backyards around the country re-inacting the fight thinking they are "cool" and "won't get in big trouble".

It's one thing if all these rule changes were warranted, but from what I've heard on Sports Talk Shows, the media seems to think this is ridiculous, too.

I think there is more contact in my Sunday morning flag football games than what is allowed in the NFL.