PDA

View Full Version : My 7 rd Steelers Mock Draft

Bubby
04-01-2006, 01:58 AM
Here is my shot at it:

1st RD
Donte Whitner S Ohio St. Jr.
R. Clark is OK for a year, but Donte will be pair with Troy for years to come.

2nd RD
Rod Wright DT/DE Texas Sr.
I think Keisel is very good, but if our coaching staff can motivate this guy we have a beast to join t5he rotation.

3rd RD
Devin Hester CB/KR Miami (FL) Jr.
The Steelers can afford to take this guy early, Speed kills, plus this guy can turn on a dime. Can also be developed as a WR.

4th RD (A)
Stanley McClover DE/OLB Auburn Jr.
Sleeper, with a great upside, could be our next great passrushing OLB.

4th RD (B)
Anthony Schlegel MLB Ohio St. Sr.
Leader can help out right away on Special Teams. Will develope into start when Farrior is gone.

4th RD (C)
Drouzon Quillen WR La.-Monroe Jr.
Super Sleeper, this kid will be a star for our team.

5th RD (A)
Lawrence Vickers RB/FB Colorado Sr.
Tough runner, can be our short yardage back.

5th RD (B)
Bruce Gradkowski QB Toledo Sr.
Great for a backup , this kid is a winner.

6th RD
Ryan Cook C/G New Mexico Sr.
can play every position on the line, get mobility for his size.

7th RD
Greg Estandia TE UNLV Sr.
we need a blocking TE, but this kid will surprize with his receiving skills.

MasterOfPuppets
04-01-2006, 02:05 AM
wow!!! no micheal robinson...you must not be a penn state fan...

TasmanianTroy271
04-01-2006, 05:30 AM
I don't think Wright will last to #64, and you should switch the Quillen and Gradkowski picks, but other than that, it's fine

Zez
04-01-2006, 07:33 AM
The Steelers did not sign Ryan Clark to a 4 year contract to pick another safety in the first round this year. That won't happen.

Haiku_Dirtt
04-01-2006, 11:53 AM
Maybe we should revisit our post-season rushing stats...:cya: .

Midnightwriter1
04-01-2006, 12:01 PM
I have to agree on the safety issue, we signed Clark to a four year deal so i dont see them picking a 1st rounder to get one. I can see us maybe taking one later rounds for back up reasons... but i have heard we are bringing back logan and Stuvaints

TasmanianTroy271
04-01-2006, 12:04 PM
just because he was signed for 4-years doesn't gurantee he's gonna be the starter for all 4 years, or that he'll even mesh with the system. It's always good to have a little competition, it brings out the best in both players. I would not be suprised to see the Steelers trade up in the second round to take Whitner.

Midnightwriter1
04-01-2006, 12:52 PM
If thye bring bakc Logan and stuvaints... i dont really see a need for 4th.. there will be competion and they may take a safety in later rounds.. just dont think they will take one early when just signed Clark. It wouldnt make much sense to me to pick up a F/A while you have 2 back ups already andthen draft one high. But then again, i could be way off =)

Bubby
04-01-2006, 07:01 PM
Maybe we should revisit our post-season rushing stats...:cya: .

Vickers is a 2nd round talent that can be had in the 5th round. Believe me if we can trade up about 5 spots and nab Lendell White or L. Mahroney because RBs always drop on draft day, that would be great.

Bubby
04-01-2006, 07:05 PM
wow!!! no micheal robinson...you must not be a penn state fan...

I think M. Robinson would be good for some trick plays but that is why we let Antwaan go. You can not pay an ok WR stupid money. M. Robinson would take too long to develope.

tony hipchest
04-01-2006, 07:08 PM
Vickers is a 2nd round talent that can be had in the 5th round. Believe me if we can trade up about 5 spots and nab Lendell White or L. Mahroney because RBs always drop on draft day, that would be great.im a big fan of pat kirwan of nfl.com and sirius nfl network. talk is to watch for whites individual workouts this weekend. if he runs a 4.7 he could very well drop to the steelers. anything better than a 4.68 and hes probably gone. bettis out of college was a 4.5 and weighed 250. lendale is currently 240.

Midnightwriter1
04-01-2006, 07:13 PM
lol Hard remember back to when Bettis ran a 4.5 lol

tony hipchest
04-01-2006, 07:15 PM
lol Hard remember back to when Bettis ran a 4.5 lol i hear ya. he was rookie of he year with the rams!

BigDude66687
04-01-2006, 08:39 PM
Like the Quillen pick, however if Nance is still there dont you think the Steelers will draft someone with whom Big Ben is comfortable with.

I dont think we need to address RB that early in the draft we have Parker and Haynes, and we still have another year or still till A Pete turns pro

Not a micheal robinson fan, i think McNeal is much more of the steelers type

BB2W
04-02-2006, 08:59 AM
I think M. Robinson would be good for some trick plays but that is why we let Antwaan go. You can not pay an ok WR stupid money. M. Robinson would take too long to develope.
I don't think M-Rob will need much grooming to play wide receiver. He played there and running back his freshman, sophomore, and junior year. He led the team in receiving in 2004. I think there would be more development needed to play him at quarterback.

If he is there and we don't take him with one of our fourth round picks I'll be upset...

Livinginthe past
04-02-2006, 09:19 AM
lol Hard remember back to when Bettis ran a 4.5 lol

Wow...was that hours or days? :cool:

NM

Dook
04-02-2006, 09:22 AM
My draft:

1st S Donte Whitner (Take WR Moss if he drops, go Safety in the 2nd, one more WR in 4th)
2nd WR Martin Nance
3rd RB De'Arrius Howard
4th WR Baskett and OLB Terna Nande and RB Cedric Humes
5th OLB John Busing and QB Matt Baker
6th C Chris Mcneil
7th DE

I feel there is good talent deep into this draft for WR, LB, and RB.

Suitanim
04-02-2006, 12:59 PM
Wow, Whitner kind of came out of nowhere. I wouldn't mind this pick...I think he's good enough to play CB, so putting him at safety is an upgrade over Hope coverage-wise, and he hits like a ton of bricks. I think he has a little trouble wrapping up tackles, but that's a technique thing. And he's SUPER intense.

schoondog
04-03-2006, 06:33 AM
I'm hoping for the steelers to draft Baskett so i get to hear the lame "hit him in the bread baskett" comments a couple times a game

clevestinks
04-03-2006, 08:50 AM
WHere is a WR????

Avoid Lloyd
04-03-2006, 12:30 PM
My draft:

1st S Donte Whitner (Take WR Moss if he drops, go Safety in the 2nd, one more WR in 4th)
2nd WR Martin Nance
3rd RB De'Arrius Howard
4th WR Baskett and OLB Terna Nande and RB Cedric Humes
5th OLB John Busing and QB Matt Baker
6th C Chris Mcneil
7th DE

I feel there is good talent deep into this draft for WR, LB, and RB.

I liked the players that you picked, but I just don't see the point in drafting 10 of them.

There's simply no way that 10 rookies can make this team. I'm really hoping we trade some of them rather than just waste them.