PDA

View Full Version : Cowher may get $6 million per season.....

DIESELMAN
04-01-2006, 01:49 PM
What's a Super Bowl victory worth to Bill Cowher?

Perhaps as much as $6 million per season if negotiations for a new contract with the Pittsburgh Steelers go Bill Cowher's way.

Cowher and the Steelers are ready to open negotiations on a new contract for their Super Bowl winning coach. And considering the $5 million per season range has been the going salary for coaches in recent seasons, there's no reason to expect Cowher not to ask for $6 million per year.

Cowher's contract goes through the 2007 season and the Steelers have never failed to extend it with two seasons left, even doing so the past two times after Cowher was coming off losing seasons.

His last contract, signed following a disasterous 2003 campaign, paid him $3.4 million, among the top 10 coaches in the league last season.

Considering the Miami Dolphins gave unproven ? at least at the NFL level ? Nick Saban a five-year deal worth $22.5 million, there's no reason to believe Cowher won't get more.

In fact, there's no reason to think Cowher won't try to top the contract of Washington's Joe Gibbs, a Hall of Famer who got just over $5 million per season to return to the Redskins.

Just imagine what Chuck Noll could have asked for after winning his fourth Super Bowl in six years in 1980.

Courtesy of the Observer-Reporter

Koopa
04-01-2006, 02:11 PM
i may not like cowher but he is probably worth that because the players respect him, and he doesn't seem like he's gonna lose control of the lockerroom anytime soon. and since it doesn't count against the cap just give the dude what he wants

Haiku_Dirtt
04-03-2006, 01:03 AM
i may not like cowher but he is probably worth that because the players respect him, and he doesn't seem like he's gonna lose control of the lockerroom anytime soon. and since it doesn't count against the cap just give the dude what he wants

I'm thinking it's closer to $5 mil - one of the Top 5. Kevin Colbert needs to be paid too.

Nice bling Koop.

schoondog
04-03-2006, 01:37 AM
what has he done for us lately?

In a seriousness hopefully he gets the money and stays the steelers coach for a long time.

Midnightwriter1
04-03-2006, 12:57 PM
defiantley pay him, the price for good coaches keeps going up and he has moved himself up to that level. Though maybe not often, but good guys do finish first sometimes !! lol

clevestinks
04-03-2006, 03:21 PM
Sign him now. Lets get this over with early

Atlanta Dan
04-03-2006, 03:27 PM
I do not believe this is a $$$ issue.

As mid-life crises go this is not a bad one to have, but I sincerely believe Cowher is assessing how to lead the next stage of his life, having reached the pinnacle of professional life at the same time Cowher's personal life is changing as his youngest daughter will be graduating from high school in 2 years.

I cannot imagine he would not be set for life financially if he quit tomorrow.

melroseplace
04-03-2006, 03:31 PM
he deserves it...I really hope to see him come back for at least a few more years