PDA

View Full Version : What About Charles Rogers

noto45
04-01-2006, 02:19 PM
I am sure we could get him in a trade. I think we need a big wide out for Ben to throw to like Plax. Why not send a 4th rounder and some cash to the Lions?

Midnightwriter1
04-01-2006, 02:47 PM
Well for 1, he has a bad attitude, got busted for drugs, and is injury prone..

I dont follow Detroit day to day, that is basically what is the knock on the guy.

RoethlisBURGHer
04-01-2006, 02:50 PM
No thanks,he's worse then Plexiglass was.At least Plex didn't do drugs.

Koopa
04-01-2006, 02:53 PM
why does ben need a big target??? i used to think he did too but we won a championship with a midget recieving core. i rather just go after nance in the second round then try trading for an injury prone wr. hell i wouldn't mind seeing us draft moss in the first round, speed kills

tony hipchest
04-01-2006, 03:08 PM
send cash to the lions????? the lions are practically begging for a 6th round pick for joey harrington!!!!! in my mind c. rogers = d. terrell, k. robinson, or r. gardner. the steelers will NOT pay for detroits mistakes. ther is more pride in cutting a 4th round flop like f. gibson than there is trading a 4th roud pick for a flop like rodgers.

david boston available? (sarcasm)

schoondog
04-01-2006, 04:08 PM
No and unless his name is Kevin Jones the next person who mentions trading for a lion needs to be banned or receive a wedgie

TasmanianTroy271
04-01-2006, 05:06 PM
Hey, ex-lions have worked out for us before; Batch, Hartings, Kriewaldt, Kirschke... they were never spectacular players for the Lions either, but they've done alright here. You never know whose got something to prove.

SteelerMurf
04-01-2006, 06:43 PM
I know Ben did it without a big target (other than Heath). But I think it will help him to not have to make the perfect throw all the time. It can't be easy throwing over the middle to a little guy like Ced.

MichiSteeler
04-02-2006, 10:44 AM
NO WAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

There is no way in the world that we want this piece of garbage... Being from Michigan I'm sort of a lions fan, you kinda have to be, and this kid is trash... He is injured E-V-E-R-Y season. Ive never seen any other pro get injured as much as this guy. In his first to seasons he only played like 6 games total.. He is complete garbage and a waste of our time.

Oh yeah i can compare him to somebody else i guess. Hes a lot like Rex Grossman, they both pretty much started their career in their 3rd seasons.:dang:

rowedf
04-02-2006, 12:58 PM
The Lions are trying to get rid of Mike Williams, didnt know they were looking to move Rogers as well. They are only asking a 3 or 4 pick for Williams.

Suitanim
04-02-2006, 01:01 PM
No head cases, thank you...

OX1947
04-02-2006, 03:40 PM
I would use drugs and complain if I was with a lowsy org like the Lions. C'mon people, isnt this the same bullcrap we heard before we got Jerome Bettis in 96? Beisdes, Quincy Morgan was suppose to be a problem guy, have you seen him do anything since he joined the Steelers? No. The Pitt org imposes their will on you and makes you act normal. If the guy has talent and he can play, the character part usually fixes up in Pitt.....

Suitanim
04-02-2006, 03:50 PM
isnt this the same bullcrap we heard before we got Jerome Bettis in 96?
No. Bettis didn't fit the new "speed kills" system the Rams wanted to employ.

Quincy Morgan was suppose to be a problem guy
No, he wasn't, he just had questionable hands.

the character part usually fixes up in Pitt...
Yes...by the Steelers dumping the guys with major character issues, or, more importantly, in this case, never picking these losers up to begin with...

Haiku_Dirtt
04-02-2006, 04:25 PM
NO.

OX1947
04-02-2006, 08:11 PM
No. Bettis didn't fit the new "speed kills" system the Rams wanted to employ.

No, he wasn't, he just had questionable hands.

Yes...by the Steelers dumping the guys with major character issues, or, more importantly, in this case, never picking these losers up to begin with...

On Jerome:
If you have the complete Steelers History DVD, there is a Jerome Bettis 45 min segment on there and he says that the Rams said he was lazy and wouldnt play hurt.

On Quincy:
Ask Browns fans what they think of Quincy, and bad hands isnt in the top 5 as far as problems with him.

On Character Issue:
You shouldnt listen to every media rag and bullcrap thing that people say. I follow alot of football and I have family in Detriot who are Lions fans. Charles Rodgers may be a bad guy or he may not be. I think instead of throwing every single person you hear under the bus who "is a bad character guy" maybe you should learn a little about the situation and really find out why those things are said. The funny thing is, every reciever on the Lions has a "bad charcter" flaw. Kind of a coincidence isnt it that all three LIONS recievers are bad eggs. C'mon people, use your heads a little. The lions are a bad org, they have a horrible GM and if you need proof of it, go talk to Barry Sanders. The lions even threw him under the bus when he retired, saying he quit on the team.

83-Steelers-43
04-02-2006, 10:00 PM
What does any of this matter? Rogers has been arrested. Has Bettis? Has Bettis been a complete cancer in the locker room? No. He simply wanted out of St. Louis. Players don't come here to be "reborn". If there are a-holes on this team, they are GONE. We don't change them, we get rid fo them. You might be mistaking us for Dallas or Baltimore?

OX1947
04-02-2006, 10:05 PM
What does any of this matter? Rogers has been arrested. Has Bettis? Has Bettis been a complete cancer in the locker room? No. He simply wanted out of St. Louis. Players don't come here to be "reborn". If there are a-holes on this team, they are GONE. We don't change them, we get rid fo them. If you knew anything about this franchise you would know that. It is known. You might be mistaking us for Dallas or Baltimore?

Man, shut up. You're words are giving me a headache.

83-Steelers-43
04-02-2006, 10:08 PM
Man, shut up. You're words are giving me a headache.

What? I simply responded with my opinion. If you don't don't like it, that's one thing and I respect that, but to tell a fellow fan to shut up speaks volumes on your part junior. GROW UP. Tool.

83-Steelers-43
04-02-2006, 10:12 PM
Anyways........what's the ratio on signing this guy? We dont' deal with scum, so what's the ratio, really?

Midnightwriter1
04-02-2006, 10:46 PM
ratio is 0

83-Steelers-43
04-02-2006, 10:47 PM
ratio is 0

Thank You. I mean really, let's be honest here. How many trouble making, big mouth, cancer, a-holes have we signed off of the FA market? If so, please name somebody.

OX1947
04-02-2006, 11:25 PM
Thanks for pointing out the obvious genius, can you go away now....

Koopa
04-02-2006, 11:39 PM
The Lions are trying to get rid of Mike Williams, didnt know they were looking to move Rogers as well. They are only asking a 3 or 4 pick for Williams.

i wouldn't mind getting mike williams, we already have a few fourth rounders, so a 3 wouldn't be bad to lose, although his rookie contract is probably to big since he was picked high last year. the player i wouldn't mind getting from there is roy williams, that boy is awesome, well from his highlights, and from the 4 years i saw of him in burnt orange

83-Steelers-43
04-03-2006, 09:18 AM
Thanks for pointing out the obvious genius, can you go away now....

Thanks for helping me point out the obvious genius.

clevestinks
04-03-2006, 10:18 AM
No thanks,he's worse then Plexiglass was.At least Plex didn't do drugs.
i agree, although i do want a big time wideout, hes just not it

Avoid Lloyd
04-03-2006, 12:26 PM
Mike Williams....yes.

Charles Rodgers....hell no.

TexaSteeler
04-03-2006, 12:36 PM
Well for 1, he has a bad attitude, got busted for drugs, and is injury prone..

I dont follow Detroit day to day, that is basically what is the knock on the guy.

I lived in Detroit and followed the Lions also. You got it right. He's never on the field.

TexaSteeler
04-03-2006, 12:45 PM
On Jerome:
If you have the complete Steelers History DVD, there is a Jerome Bettis 45 min segment on there and he says that the Rams said he was lazy and wouldnt play hurt.

On Quincy:
Ask Browns fans what they think of Quincy, and bad hands isnt in the top 5 as far as problems with him.

On Character Issue:
You shouldnt listen to every media rag and bullcrap thing that people say. I follow alot of football and I have family in Detriot who are Lions fans. Charles Rodgers may be a bad guy or he may not be. I think instead of throwing every single person you hear under the bus who "is a bad character guy" maybe you should learn a little about the situation and really find out why those things are said. The funny thing is, every reciever on the Lions has a "bad charcter" flaw. Kind of a coincidence isnt it that all three LIONS recievers are bad eggs. C'mon people, use your heads a little. The lions are a bad org, they have a horrible GM and if you need proof of it, go talk to Barry Sanders. The lions even threw him under the bus when he retired, saying he quit on the team.

Barry didn't quit on the team? He didn't show up for training camp and said he was going to retire. The FA market was over and the Lions were stuck.

Now, about Charles Rodgers. His first two seasons he was out with a broken collar bone. Last season he was suspended on third strike for pot. Know when his first strike happened? At the rookie combine. Smoking pot in college may be one thing, but when you continue to do it knowing it may cost you your job means you have no self control or discipline.

83-Steelers-43
04-03-2006, 09:09 PM
i agree, although i do want a big time wideout, hes just not it

I agree. Let some other team deal with the cancer. I've been stating I would love to see what Ben can do with a WR over 6'2"-6'3". Kiper on ESPN stated that we are taking a WR in the first and if Moss is around we are going to take him. Guy is short. To a degree, it would be like replacing Randle El with Randle El.

BlitzburghRockCity
04-03-2006, 09:17 PM
Let some other team deal with the cancer. I've been stating I would love to see what Ben can do with a WR over 6'2"-6'3". Kiper on ESPN stated that we are taking a WR in the first and if Moss is around we are going to take him. Guy is short. To a degree, it would be like replacing Randle El with Randle El.

Great, we're gonna be the smurfs again at WR :sofunny:

83-Steelers-43
04-03-2006, 09:21 PM
Great, we're gonna be the smurfs again at WR :sofunny:

By no means am I complaining, but in my opinion, a WR over 6"2' is always a nice weapon to have on your team. Specially when you have a QB such as ours.