PDA

View Full Version : Ravens' Suggs says Harrison has ben red flagged

theplatypus
12-01-2010, 03:02 PM
Terrell Suggs can’t bring himself to feel bad for anybody who plays for the Steelers, but the Pro Bowl linebacker for the Baltimore Ravens can’t help but feel that James Harrison is getting a raw deal from the NFL.

Suggs said during today’s conference call with the Pittsburgh media that there has been injustice with Harrison when it comes to being fined by the league.

“Your guy over there, 92, I think he is red-flagged,” Suggs said. “The referees are kind of looking for him. Even if he breathes on a quarterback wrong, he might get a flag.”

http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/steelers/s_711752.html

Steelerfreak58
12-01-2010, 03:03 PM
Suggs telling it like it is.

Tone's Toes
12-01-2010, 03:13 PM
We just witnessed possibly the only intelligent thing to ever come out of the mouth of Terrell Suggs in this life.

MattsMe
12-01-2010, 03:21 PM
We just witnessed possibly the only intelligent thing to ever come out of the mouth of Terrell Suggs in this life.

You calling Ray Lewis's penis dumb? :mad:

:chuckle:

MDSteel15
12-01-2010, 03:25 PM

:applaudit: :toofunny: :sofunny: :toofunny: :rofl:

OX1947
12-01-2010, 03:53 PM
He would know, Ravens lost two games because of late hits. Both were questionable.

bobby jr
12-01-2010, 05:53 PM
Suggs is a good player but who really cares what his opinion is about Harrison being fined.

You do the crime you do the time. Harrison has been fined because he deserves to be fined.

theplatypus
12-01-2010, 05:55 PM
Suggs is a good player but who really cares what his opinion is about Harrison being fined.

You do the crime you do the time. Harrison has been fined because he deserves to be fined.

You clearly haven't been paying attention.

chacha
12-01-2010, 05:58 PM
he's a ratbird troll of course he's not paying attention

theplatypus
12-01-2010, 06:00 PM
he's a ratbird troll of course he's not paying attention

I'm fully aware of his motive, but one would hope he could at least be honest. He's probably from dundalk.

MattsMe
12-01-2010, 06:02 PM

Unless you're Ray Lewis.

steelax04
12-01-2010, 06:38 PM

So he shouldn't be "reprimanded" as you called for Hines Ward?

He should be suspended. This rant shows disrespect for the league officials and is almost slanderous. One should show a certain amount of decorum and respect for their employer.

You demand suspensions for players calling out their "employer" and three minutes later say "who cares what his opinion is?"

I guess I was hoping for something better than just pure trolling... it's nice to have other fans' intelligent viewpoints and not just gibberish.

Atlanta Dan
12-01-2010, 06:48 PM
Harrison certainly agrees with Suggs

Harrison also believes his Oct. 17 comments that he doesn't mind hurting players as long as he doesn't badly injure them may have led to the NFL's close scrutiny of him. Two helmet hits by Harrison that day caused concussions by Browns receivers Massaquoi and Josh Cribbs minutes apart during Pittsburgh's 28-10 victory.

Harrison also is troubled because Broncos coach Josh McDaniels was fined $50,000 for not reporting that a videographer illegally taped a 49ers practice and Titans cornerback Cortland Finnegan and Texans wide receiver Andre Johnson were fined $25,000 each for fighting, yet he was fined more for a non-penalized hit.

"It's starting to look like it's OK to cheat, it's OK to fight, but if you hit somebody too hard, we're going to fine you a whole bunch," Harrison said. "Maybe it's because I play for the Steelers, who knows?"

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=5872328

Combine these quotes from James with what Ward, Clark and Farrior said today and it looks like the locker room discussions resulted in a collective decision to let it rip

BigRick
12-01-2010, 07:11 PM

Then why is Ray Lewis still in the NFL, instead of theSP( State Pen)? :rofl:

cubanstogie
12-01-2010, 07:15 PM
I'm fully aware of his motive, but one would hope he could at least be honest. He's probably from dundalk.

Don't waste our breath on the Rattird fan, he has zero credibility. He called the Harrison hit on Fitzpatrick a spear when its pretty obvious His face was buried in his chest. Definitely not the crown of helmet.

stb_steeler
12-01-2010, 08:35 PM
Unless you're Ray Lewis.

They forget about that! :doh:

GMU Steeler
12-01-2010, 08:38 PM
I am not surprised. Let's face it. Suggs is a fellow defensive player and plays in a team that has made its reputation based on its D just like ours. I don't like him because he's a Raven but it makes perfect sense that he's sympathetic to what's been happening with Harrison since he knows these new rules could impact him as well.

jjpro11
12-01-2010, 08:43 PM
a Ravens player of all people is pointing out the obvious.. how can anyone in their right mind deny Harrison and the Steelers are getting shafted by the league?

i82much
12-01-2010, 10:24 PM

Uh no.

http://www.csnphilly.com/11/17/10/Suggs-Calls-Patriots-Titles-Fake/landing_word_fball.html?blockID=354603&feedID=4684

AndyWitmyer
12-01-2010, 10:34 PM
As the old saying goes, the enemy of my enemy is my friend.

Steeler4life1972
12-01-2010, 10:57 PM
Terrel suggs cant even speak ebonics...who gives a fukk what he says

Deserei90
12-01-2010, 11:04 PM
What Ryan Clark said on Twitter is 100% True: RyanClark25

You know something has to be rotten when it stinks bad enough for the Ravens & the Steelers to agree it smells horrible.

I can't believe I'm saying this, but I agree with Suggs:doh:

Steeler4life1972
12-01-2010, 11:06 PM
im ready for the game to begin!!!! Hope our game planning is better!!!

jjpro11
12-01-2010, 11:33 PM
the NFL is getting reeeeally hard to enjoy any more.. i've come out of the past 5 Steelers games pissed off more than anything, and we've won 3 of those games. everyone can see the league going downhill before their very eyes.. but there's nothing anyone can do about it.

TV ratings are up, but attendance is at an all-time low. are ratings up because games are more entertaining today than ever before? or are people just choosing to stay in and watch TV more often because of the economy? if the league office thinks turning the NFL into arena football is a good idea.. well then.. they need to look at how well the AFL is doing with all that offense.

BengalDestroyer
12-02-2010, 05:28 AM

WRONG! Come on man, separate the curtain that's been pulled over your eyes. Goodell hates football, and is taking away the reasons linebackers play the game.

Rick5895
12-02-2010, 06:46 AM
The tell tale proof that Harrison is being targeted, aside from what Suggs said, is the referee was reaching for the flag before Harrison even made contact. Tell me no matter what james did in that case a penalty was going to be called.

Whodis
12-02-2010, 07:15 AM
With all BS aside it shows two teams with a similar style of play agree on a big issue. All this talk will put the questionable calls into the spotlight. Hats off to Suggs for stepping up.

jjpro11
12-02-2010, 10:34 AM
how do you go from the DPOY and Super Bowl hero two years ago to all of a sudden not knowing how to make a simple tackle, as some assholes out there keep trying to proclaim? wtf is wrong with that picture?

Atlanta Dan
12-02-2010, 10:59 AM
Saint Tony Dungy ups the ante by suggesting Harrison needs to be suspended

Former Buccaneers and Colts coach Tony Dungy thinks that the message will be delivered to and received by Harrison only after he receives a suspension.

“It’s natural for coaches to defense their players,” Dungy told PFT on Thursday morning, “but coaches like Mike Tomlin would be quicker to try to change technique if it meant players missing games. He doesn’t want his players losing money but the team can’t afford for them to miss time. That’s when you’ll see coaches change their thinking.”

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/12/02/a-suspension-will-be-the-only-way-to-get-through-to-harrison-steelers/

I was not a big Dungy fan when he was coaching and thought he pretty much rode Peyton Manning's coat tails - now that he is a moral scold (not just with the Steelers - remember when the pious SOB was offended by Rex Ryan's swearing on Hard Knocks) I have developed an active dislike of someone who perhaps should have spent more time attending to his own family's problems rather than tell everyone else how to lead their lives

Whodis
12-02-2010, 12:17 PM
Saint Tony Dungy ups the ante by suggesting Harrison needs to be suspended

Former Buccaneers and Colts coach Tony Dungy thinks that the message will be delivered to and received by Harrison only after he receives a suspension.

“It’s natural for coaches to defense their players,” Dungy told PFT on Thursday morning, “but coaches like Mike Tomlin would be quicker to try to change technique if it meant players missing games. He doesn’t want his players losing money but the team can’t afford for them to miss time. That’s when you’ll see coaches change their thinking.”

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/12/02/a-suspension-will-be-the-only-way-to-get-through-to-harrison-steelers/

I was not a big Dungy fan when he was coaching and thought he pretty much rode Peyton Manning's coat tails - now that he is a moral scold (not just with the Steelers - remember when the pious SOB was offended by Rex Ryan's swearing on Hard Knocks) I have developed an active dislike of someone who perhaps should have spent more time attending to his own family's problems rather than tell everyone else how to lead their lives

Dungy is garbage. He'll fling as much mud around to see what sticks. He needs to get as much attention off his boy Micheal Vick so he can get the credit for reviving his career.

jjpro11
12-02-2010, 12:38 PM
Dungy, Polian and the Colts were the reason why the NFL started this attack on everything defense. they had rules changed in their favor to help Manning succeed.

Third Rail
12-02-2010, 02:18 PM
Dungy: Harrison should be suspended and incarcerated
The Dislocated Press
Thursday, December 2, 2010

Former Indianapolis Colts Coach and Communicator with the Divine Tony Dungy weighed in on the controversy surrounding beleaguered Steelers linebacker James Harrison during a conference call from Heaven on Thursday.

"It’s natural for coaches to defend their players,” said Dungy. "But coaches like Mike Tomlin would be quicker to try to change technique if it meant players missing games. In James Harrison's case, I think it would best serve the league if he was suspended for at least three seasons and placed in a federal penitentiary, receiving moral guidance by none other than yours truly. That way I can lead James down the right path. Just look at what I did with Michael Vick, after I taught him not to kill dogs."

Such a punishment might be viewed as extreme, but many across the NFL are hesitant to speak out against Dungy, whose weekly sermons on NBC Sunday Night Football have led to millions of TV viewers converting to Goodellism.

"I used the think that a lot of the NFL's rules were bogus," said Tom Schwartz, a resident of Boston and an avid New England Patriots fan. "But after I heard Tony explain how allowing hits on media darling quarterbacks could result in less impressive stats, fewer wins and - God forbid - injuries, I totally understood. The league understands that quarterbacks like my boy Tom Brady and Peyton Manning need to be in the playoffs every year. We all saw what happened when Brady was out for the season in 2008 and the Pats missed the playoffs. That was a very dark time."

The Steelers and other players across the league, such as the Baltimore Ravens' Terrell Suggs, insist that the NFL is targeting Harrison. Dungy, however, dismissed those claims. "The league isn't targeting anyone," he said. "They're just trying to keep the game competitive by allowing quarterbacks to make all of their throws. Mr. Goodell told me this week that the league is seriously considering allowing quarterbacks to stand behind an 8-foot fence when it's time to throw. The only issue now is trying to figure out how to hike the ball over the fence."

But don't assume that Dungy is completely against quarterbacks taking hits. "Hits on Steelers' quarterback Ben Roethlisberger will still be legal," he noted. "That's a given, because it happens so often that changing that would be changing the overall nature of the game. Plus, he made that tackle that kept the Colts out of Super Bowl XL. So f*** him."