PDA

View Full Version : Big Ben - The Raven Killer

steelerchad
12-01-2010, 07:29 PM
7-2 all time vs. the Ravens as a starter. The Ravens haven't beaten the Steelers since 2006 with Big Ben in the line up. Last 8 meetings the Steelers are 5-3 against the Rats. The 3 Rat wins were against Batch this year, Dixon last year, and Batch to end the 07 season when all our starters were resting for the playoffs.

tanda10506
12-02-2010, 02:19 PM
Ben does seem to make great plays against them. I like Batch but I don't think he will ever beat the Raven's defense. This game is going to be almost 100% O line. Even with horrible play calling, if the O line does there job, the play has a good chance of working.

Third Rail
12-02-2010, 02:29 PM
I really, REALLY hope we win this game. Our team has had it's problems, it's true, but... we had bad moments in 2008 too. In many ways, parts of this season have mirrored that season because we only lost to good teams then, and we've only lost to good teams now. And it's true, we just barely squeaked by a bad team last week, but don't forget in 08 we only beat the Browns 10-6 in week 2. So anything is possible. Many of our issues were the same issues then (bad O-line, questionable running game and QB play, stong run defense but shaky pass defense late in games). I'd still say we were a better team then but we weren't SO much better that we can't be that team again.

Prove me right, Pittsburgh.

StainlessStill
12-02-2010, 02:50 PM
*DELETE* Double post, sorry.

StainlessStill
12-02-2010, 02:51 PM
There's something about how our QB's play our division rival. Ben is def a Raven killer and it seems our team welcomes that physical challenge than anything else and Baltimore is our roughest competition.

Kordell Stewart was also a Raven killer. Dude had a GREAT game everytime he played against them. I remember in '97 maybe (?) we were down like 21 points and he led us back to beat them in a thriller. I always liked Kordell and even though he didn't have a chance to be good here, he was still an amazing athlete and had good years in '97, '00 & '01.

mikegrimey
12-02-2010, 06:43 PM
I would classify Santonio as the Raven Killer, Ben's play against them hasn't been that spectacular other than a dominating performance in 2007.

We we're pretty fortunate to beat them with Ben in the lineup last year.

bobby jr
12-02-2010, 07:19 PM
Perhaps it is now Flacco the Steeler killer the way he marched them down the field for the winning TD in the closing moments of the early October game at Heinz field.

Big ben has had some good luck against the Ravens but several of those wins were very close calls and I doubt his luck will continue. Past performance doesn't guarantee future results, those past wins over the Ravens by Big Ben will mean zilch on Sunday night. Especially since the Ravens got the monkey off their back by their last minute crowd silencing win at Heinz field.

Steeler4life1972
12-02-2010, 07:19 PM
Call me a pessimist but hey thats just me but I dont feel confident at all about this game...with our O-line problems I expect them to bring the house every other play and it would absolutely would not surprise me they get 7+ sacks...hey guys please prove me wrong!!!!

mikegrimey
12-03-2010, 07:07 AM
Call me a pessimist but hey thats just me but I dont feel confident at all about this game...with our O-line problems I expect them to bring the house every other play and it would absolutely would not surprise me they get 7+ sacks...hey guys please prove me wrong!!!!

Me too, I think we're not going to generate a strong running game and the Ravens are going to blitz like crazy. If we win this one I think it will be on the back of our defense like the 08 victories.

StainlessStill
12-03-2010, 09:38 AM
Perhaps it is now Flacco the Steeler killer the way he marched them down the field for the winning TD in the closing moments of the early October game at Heinz field.

Big ben has had some good luck against the Ravens but several of those wins were very close calls and I doubt his luck will continue. Past performance doesn't guarantee future results, those past wins over the Ravens by Big Ben will mean zilch on Sunday night. Especially since the Ravens got the monkey off their back by their last minute crowd silencing win at Heinz field.

Flacco a Steelers killer? Really? Flacco is 2-4 against the Steelers all-time, including a loss in the playoffs. His two wins came at the expense of facing Dixon and Batch. Head to head, Flacco has never out-performed Roethlisberger with coming away with victories. Just sayin.

The Ravens have been so unbelievably lucky over the years when facing the Steelers due to major key injuries, specifically the QB backup position.

steelcity1974
12-03-2010, 10:07 AM

Ben wasn't lucky in his wins. Driving 90 yards in 08 to silence the rat bird fans and win the division in your house...that was not luck. Neither was the beating we put on you in the afc championship game...if anything you guys were lucky sweed dropped a TD and Holmes' TD was incorrectly called incomplete. Flacco was lucky in that game earlier this year. Steelers stopped them but our offense couldn't get out of its own way to close it out, so he got a second chance. THAT is what you call luck.

steelcity1974
12-03-2010, 10:09 AM
Ben wasn't lucky in his wins. Driving 90 yards in 08 to silence the rat bird fans and win the division in your house...that was not luck. Neither was the beating we put on you in the afc championship game...if anything you guys were lucky sweed dropped a TD and Holmes' TD was incorrectly called incomplete. Flacco was lucky in that game earlier this year. Steelers stopped them but our offense couldn't get out of its own way to close it out, so he got a second chance. THAT is what you call luck.

And it's hardly a "march" when you only have to go 40 yards. Lets see him go 90.

Third Rail
12-03-2010, 03:56 PM

Yeah, he really looked like a Steelers killer in the 2008 playoffs.

bobby jr
12-03-2010, 09:16 PM
Yeah, he really looked like a Steelers killer in the 2008 playoffs.

He sure took it to the Steelers in the first game this year when a stop by the Steelers would have meant a home field win. That game in October erased the 2008 playoff game (which was close by the way) . Flacco got the Steeler monkey off his back for good and sent a packed house of Steelers fans home to cry in their towels. :tt:

bobby jr
12-03-2010, 09:22 PM

Wasn't that the game when the refs on the field said the Steelers were stopped short of the goal line but the call was overturned on replay? And all the experts after the game said it was a terrible call to overrule the refs, no evidence the Steeler player crossed the goal line? Would have brought up 4th and goal and the Steelers would have had to choose between going for a FG (Tie, and OT) or going for it against the mighty Ravens defense?

There was no controversy in Flacco's game winning drive against the Steelers in October 2010. Must have been a shock for everyone in Steel City to see Joe Cool on that perfect game winning drive and that final winning TD pass. I was actually at an Orioles game when that occured but I enjoyed the replays.

There was sure a roar from the crowd at Camden Yards when tsouhe final score of that game went up, the Ravens victorious over the Steelers.

SteelCityMom
12-03-2010, 09:24 PM
He sure took it to the Steelers in the first game this year when a stop by the Steelers would have meant a home field win. That game in October erased the 2008 playoff game (which was close by the way) . Flacco got the Steeler monkey off his back for good and sent a packed house of Steelers fans home to cry in their towels. :tt:

They were 3-1 w/o their starting QB and lost on a last minute drive (of 40yards). Nobody was "crying in their towels". Everybody was pretty much just thankful to be 3-1 and not 1-3 at that point.

vasteeler
12-03-2010, 11:44 PM
Wasn't that the game when the refs on the field said the Steelers were stopped short of the goal line but the call was overturned on replay? And all the experts after the game said it was a terrible call to overrule the refs, no evidence the Steeler player crossed the goal line? Would have brought up 4th and goal and the Steelers would have had to choose between going for a FG (Tie, and OT) or going for it against the mighty Ravens defense?

There was no controversy in Flacco's game winning drive against the Steelers in October 2010. Must have been a shock for everyone in Steel City to see Joe Cool on that perfect game winning drive and that final winning TD pass. I was actually at an Orioles game when that occured but I enjoyed the replays.

There was sure a roar from the crowd at Camden Yards when tsouhe final score of that game went up, the Ravens victorious over the Steelers.

:coffee: .........typical

SteelCityMom
12-04-2010, 12:14 AM
Wasn't that the game when the refs on the field said the Steelers were stopped short of the goal line but the call was overturned on replay? And all the experts after the game said it was a terrible call to overrule the refs, no evidence the Steeler player crossed the goal line? .

Waitaminute. Didn't you just say this in another thread...

The fact is that the NFL officials are far more objective than you guys are

Maybe you should take your own advice here concerning this topic.

The NFL is backing referee Walt Coleman's decision to overturn a call on the field and rule Santonio Holmes' catch a touchdown that gave the Steelers a 13-9 victory at Baltimore yesterday.

Coleman's officiating crew ruled that Holmes did not get into the end zone when he caught Ben Roethlisberger's pass from the Ravens' four with 43 seconds left. However, after viewing it on replay, Coleman overturned the call and signaled a touchdown.

"Walt Coleman determined via high-def video review that the receiver had possession and two feet down with the ball in the goal line, meaning it broke the plane,'' an NFL spokesman said via e-mail.

The spokesman said Mike Pereira, the NFL's vice president of officiating, backed the Coleman ruling after replay.

Coleman explained after the game that Holmes "had two feet down and completed the catch with control of the ball breaking the plane of the goal line."

By rule, his feet did not have to be down, however, when the ball crossed the goal line -- he had to be in possession of the ball when it broke the plane of the goal line and then, to complete the play, his feet had to touch the ground.

"When he gained control of the ball,'' Coleman said, "the ball was breaking the plane and then he fell into the field of play."

Read more: http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/08350/935329-100.stm#ixzz177Y81gSy

Nothing lucky about driving 90 yards and throwing, what was determined to be, a good TD pass...by both the officials reviewing the play and the league.

Now, none of this has anything to do with Sunday's game...so moving on. :coffee:

Third Rail
12-04-2010, 02:19 AM

Yes...

Beating a backup quarterback in a regular season game TOTALLY erases throwing three picks in the AFC Championship game and handing your most hated rival a trip to the Super Bowl on a silver platter.

Yeah, we're so envious of you Ravens fans, man.

Steeler4life1972
12-04-2010, 02:20 AM
So what do you guys think??? Like I said earlier Im not comfortable about this game at all. The Ravens are gonna blitz all night and unless we have short quick passes to the hot receiver designed its gonna be a long night...Ben's bad wheel plus our O-line not being able to block a turd then I just dont see this being in our favor...our D is gonna have to play lights out to even make it close. Im gonna go ahead and make a prediction and hope to God im wrong...Ravens 20 Steelers 10

bobby jr
12-04-2010, 08:46 AM
Waitaminute. Didn't you just say this in another thread...

Maybe you should take your own advice here concerning this topic.

Nothing lucky about driving 90 yards and throwing, what was determined to be, a good TD pass...by both the officials reviewing the play and the league.

Now, none of this has anything to do with Sunday's game...so moving on. :coffee:

It's amusing how in your eyes the NFL officials are correct when they say the Steelers score a TD but incorrect when they decide something against the Steelers such as Harrison's hits deserved fines.

Face it the Steelers have benefited in the past from calls by the officials more so than the Ravens. Some in the NFL still have a chip on their shoulders because the Browns moved from Cleveland and they don't give the Ravens the benefit of the doubt.

On the other hand the Steelers benefited from several bad calls which gave them the Super Bowl win against the Seahawks and one of the refs had the integrity to come out and say as much this year, that his calls impacted the result of that game, that he deeply regrets it and will have to take that to his grave.

Atlanta Dan
12-04-2010, 09:00 AM
Face it the Steelers have benefited in the past from calls by the officials more so than the Ravens. Some in the NFL still have a chip on their shoulders because the Browns moved from Cleveland and they don't give the Ravens the benefit of the doubt. .

Yep - that bias against Modell moving the Browns to Baltimore came across loud and clear when the Ravens got away with bludgeoning their way to success through the 2000 playoffs by knocking the opposing teams QB out of the game

Over the past decade there have been two successful styles of play - the Pats/Colts method and the Ravens/Steelers method - your comments on this board appear to reflect a self-loathing for the style of your own team's play, assuming your purpose in posting here is not simply to try and bait responses (which is my guess as to why we hav been blessed with your presence over the past week)

Perhaps after you conclude your trolling on this board you can find an online psychotherapy site to work through your issues of criticizing the very thing you appear to cheer for on a weekly basis:chuckle:

In closing, who is bobby sr.?

SteelCityMom
12-04-2010, 10:29 AM
It's amusing how in your eyes the NFL officials are correct when they say the Steelers score a TD but incorrect when they decide something against the Steelers such as Harrison's hits deserved fines.

Face it the Steelers have benefited in the past from calls by the officials more so than the Ravens. Some in the NFL still have a chip on their shoulders because the Browns moved from Cleveland and they don't give the Ravens the benefit of the doubt.

On the other hand the Steelers benefited from several bad calls which gave them the Super Bowl win against the Seahawks and one of the refs had the integrity to come out and say as much this year, that his calls impacted the result of that game, that he deeply regrets it and will have to take that to his grave.

I never said it was the correct call...I'm just pointing out your own hypocrisy and how you only use the argument that league officials should be trusted when it suits your own agenda. If we should accept the leagues explanations of the Harrison fines, then you should accept the leagues explanation of the TD call. They are, after all, the more objective ones...correct?

If you think the league should simply be trusted in terms of what hits are deemed to be legal and not legal when being reviewed, you have to turn that trust onto what the league determines about calls on the field.

Thanks for further strengthening what I already pointed out. Which again, if you weren't paying attention, is that it's ok for you to complain about the calls the refs and league make if they don't go in favor of the Ravens...but Steelers fans should just accept the calls the refs and league make against them and realize that they are more objective than us. Hypocrisy and homerism at its finest right there.

DanRooney
12-04-2010, 11:15 AM
Steelers win and do so comfortably. I don't even think this game is going to be close.

iceman000123
12-04-2010, 12:05 PM
Steelers win and do so comfortably. I don't even think this game is going to be close.

I highly doubt we're just going to roll over the Ravens even with Big Ben. The last few times we've played them the game was decided by 3 points and the one that wasn't was by 4 points. It's going to be a tough game especially with out o-line problems but I do give us the edge I can't wait to watch our defense out their this sunday! :tt02:

stb_steeler
12-04-2010, 12:43 PM

Steelers benefit from this, they benefit from that....:blah: its only the losers that keep bringing up so called bad calls in wich it has been allready stated the calls were correct. Get over it!!!

bobby jr
12-04-2010, 07:15 PM
Yep - that bias against Modell moving the Browns to Baltimore came across loud and clear when the Ravens got away with bludgeoning their way to success through the 2000 playoffs by knocking the opposing teams QB out of the game

Over the past decade there have been two successful styles of play - the Pats/Colts method and the Ravens/Steelers method - your comments on this board appear to reflect a self-loathing for the style of your own team's play, assuming your purpose in posting here is not simply to try and bait responses (which is my guess as to why we hav been blessed with your presence over the past week)

Perhaps after you conclude your trolling on this board you can find an online psychotherapy site to work through your issues of criticizing the very thing you appear to cheer for on a weekly basis:chuckle:

In closing, who is bobby sr.?

Dude, the 2000 Ravens were one of the greatest teams of all time. Their defense was playing so well during the playoffs that no team in NFL history could have beaten them. Look at the scores of the playoffs that year. THe Ravens totally dominated all the way through the Super Bowl. The refs were a non-factor in that super bowl against the Giants, the Ravens blew the Giants away.

Most objective observers of the Steelers-Seahawks superbowl probably believe the Steelers would have lost that game if not for the bad calls. And both of the recent Steelers wins in the Super Bowl were close games. They just didn't dominate the way the Ravens did when we won it all.

Atlanta Dan
12-04-2010, 07:45 PM
Dude, the 2000 Ravens were one of the greatest teams of all time. Their defense was playing so well during the playoffs that no team in NFL history could have beaten them. Look at the scores of the playoffs that year. THe Ravens totally dominated all the way through the Super Bowl. The refs were a non-factor in that super bowl against the Giants, the Ravens blew the Giants away.

Most objective observers of the Steelers-Seahawks superbowl probably believe the Steelers would have lost that game if not for the bad calls. And both of the recent Steelers wins in the Super Bowl were close games. They just didn't dominate the way the Ravens did when we won it all.

I was talking about this -

The league fined defensive tackle Tony Siragusa $10,000 for unnecessarily slamming Oakland Raiders quarterback Rich Gannon to the ground and landing on top of him Sunday.

Siragusa's second-quarter hit in the Ravens' 16-3 AFC title game win aggravated a shoulder injury Gannon suffered on a sack by Michael McCrary on the Raiders' first possession. Gannon left the game after Siragusa's hit, then briefly returned in the second half but was ineffective.

The league fined linebacker Ray Lewis $7,500 last week for a hit to the chest on Tennessee quarterback Steve McNair in Baltimore's 24-10 divisional-round playoff win Jan. 7.

http://www.sptimes.com/News/011901/SuperBowl2001/League_fines_Siragusa.shtml

I do not follow the Ravens closely but the scandalous method by which they bludgeoned their way to their only Super Bowl trophy lives in infamy among even casual followers of the game:wave:

You really need to cut down on your drinking or start paying attention while watching the games - for such an alleged big fan who closely follows the Ravens you apparently do not remember these hits anymore than you apparently have failed to remember how Ray Lewis went helmet to helmet in 2009 on Ochocinco Johnson as you claim no Raven has ever engaged in conduct remotely approaching that of which you accuse James Harrison

bobby jr
12-04-2010, 08:24 PM
You made my argument stronger by listing the scores of those games during the Ravens run to their richly deserved Super Bowl title. 16-3. 24-10. Neither of those games were close. The Ravens would have won those games with or without the questionable hits. And the Super Bowl was even more of a cakewalk for the Ravens.

Anyway let's talk current. coach Harbaugh has largely eliminated the stupid over the top hits and penalties from the Ravens. How many time this year have they been fined? To put it bluntly the 2010 Ravens are a clean team, and this is a reflection of their coach.

The Steelers? With these hits and fines one can not say the same about them. I have always wondered about Coach Tomlin and suspected that he encourages violent hits for the purpose of intimidating the opposition, especially receivers catching the ball in the middle of the field against the Steelers. These type of hits seem to have increased since he took over the team.

StainlessStill
12-04-2010, 08:52 PM
These type of hits seem to have increased since he took over the team.

Huh? Judging by what exactly? The Steelers have been playing the same kind of defensive football since you were a fetus in your moms vagina! Stop with the stupid bullshit. The NFL has now made a stand and is trying to make their point into setting a new standard in the NFL, and that means calling everything AND anything from now on to get to the point of "protecting." This is the first year it's been this well documented. The Steelers and the NFL as a whole have been hitting like this for decades, they are just now taking that element away and are certainly making a push into turning this league's adrenaline from testosterone, to estrogen.

iceman000123
12-04-2010, 09:02 PM
Huh? Judging by what exactly? The Steelers have been playing the same kind of defensive football since you were a fetus in your moms vagina! Stop with the stupid bullshit. The NFL has now made a stand and is trying to make their point into setting a new standard in the NFL, and that means calling everything AND anything from now on to get to the point of "protecting." This is the first year it's been this well documented. The Steelers and the NFL as a whole have been hitting like this for decades, they are just now taking that element away and are certainly making a push into turning this league's adrenaline from testosterone, to estrogen.

I couldn't have said it any better if I had tried! :applaudit: :applaudit: :applaudit:

Atlanta Dan
12-04-2010, 09:05 PM
Anyway let's talk current. coach Harbaugh has largely eliminated the stupid over the top hits and penalties from the Ravens. How many time this year have they been fined? To put it bluntly the 2010 Ravens are a clean team, and this is a reflection of their coach. .

Now that it is pretty clear you cannot contend the Ravens have not consistently engaged over the past decade in the very conduct for which you castigate James Harrison, you decide to go to Plan B

Let's talk current - here are some 2010 fines

Baltimore Ravens offensive tackle Michael Oher(notes) and safety Tom Zbikowski(notes) have each been fined $5,000 by the NFL for their actions in Sunday’s game against Cleveland.

The NFL announced the fines Friday.

Oher’s fine stems from punching Browns defensive end Robaire Smith(notes). Oher hit Smith after Smith shoved Baltimore tight end Todd Heap(notes) following a whistle that had stopped play for a false start.

Oher says he was defending his teammate and will not appeal the fine.

Zbikowski tackled Browns running back Peyton Hillis out of bounds at the end of a 48-yard run. The play drew a penalty for unnecessary roughness.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ap-ravens-fines

According to an NFL spokesman, Ravens defensive tackle Haloti Ngata was fined $10,000 by the league for a roughing the passer penalty against the Miami Dolphins.....

After the Dolphins game, Ngata said he hoped he could avoid a fine after crashing into Henne with the crown of his helmet in the fourth quarter.

http://blogs.baltimoreravens.com/2010/11/12/ngata-gets-fined/

Yep - Harbaugh has fixed that problem

Do you watch the games while wearing a blindfold and earplugs?:chuckle:

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts."
— Daniel Patrick Moynihan

StainlessStill
12-04-2010, 09:10 PM
According to bobby jr, the Ravens are such a "clean team" that the reflections of the head coach must be rubbing off onto the players....you know... like SPITTING in the oppositions face! Is this bobby dude serious? Holy shit he can't be that far off his own point in this thread. We, as Steelers fans, enjoy idiotic arguments this guy wants to spew. Wants to talk about the Ravens and their squeaky clean, Charmin wiped buttholes, but yet, fails to realize the Ravens have a laundry list as well. Typical.

SteelCityMom
12-04-2010, 09:46 PM
Yes, Harbaugh is keeping the team so squeaky clean that he himself has been fined by the NFL this year for getting into it with a ref over (what was deemed to be) a bad roughing the passer call. :chuckle:

jjpro11
12-04-2010, 09:47 PM
ignore that clown.. he's just doing it to get a rise out of you.

StainlessStill
12-04-2010, 10:24 PM

That wouldn't be too much fun, haha. I like tearing into some rodent once in awhile, esp a huge week like this. God I hate Baltimore, must suck to be the old Browns!:hatsoff:

SteelCityMom
12-04-2010, 10:33 PM

Yeah...sometimes you've gotta just kill off the boredom by repeatedly proving a troll wrong. I don't take him too seriously. It's just personal amusement lol.

Atlanta Dan
12-05-2010, 07:13 AM
Yeah...sometimes you've gotta just kill off the boredom by repeatedly proving a troll wrong. I don't take him too seriously. It's just personal amusement lol.

Agreed - I hope my addition of smilies to some of my posts to bobby jr. indicates I am responding for my own entertainment rather than taking this seriously (and I think he started out in the same spirit but forgot he was trolling and for some reason started to believe what he was putting out there - big mistake:chuckle:)

SteelersNation
12-05-2010, 07:53 AM
Don't be homers y'all. We are NO WHERE near as good as our record indicates. Lets be honest, we have gotten a tremendous amount of help from the refs this year (ex Miami) and have won a lot of close games against crappy teams. I hear all this BS about Big Ben being 7-2 against the Ravens, but keep in mind these were all nail biters too that were won by 3 points or less. With our O-line and Big Ben injured and having to play at ratbird stadium, we aren't going to win this one, sorry guys.

StainlessStill
12-05-2010, 08:20 AM
Don't be homers y'all. We are NO WHERE near as good as our record indicates. Lets be honest, we have gotten a tremendous amount of help from the refs this year (ex Miami) and have won a lot of close games against crappy teams. I hear all this BS about Big Ben being 7-2 against the Ravens, but keep in mind these were all nail biters too that were won by 3 points or less. With our O-line and Big Ben injured and having to play at ratbird stadium, we aren't going to win this one, sorry guys.

DownByLaw, is that you? Way to give up before the game even start (rolls eyes.) Seriously, you're going to bitch out now? You're talking as if we've already lost. I understand that we can lose this, this series has been back and forth for 10 years and if there's ANY two teams that mirror each other, it's the Steelers/Ravens in every sense of the word. To my understanding, the Ravens have been overrated as well and are beatable as ANYBODY in today's NFL so to tuck your tail in between your mangina right now WAY before the game even starts and acting as if we've already lost is ludicrous. If we lose, we lose but damn dude have some faith.

As for the record thing, it doesn't matter how you win or how things go, the great Mike Ditka always said it best: "You are as good as your record indicates!"

bobby jr
12-05-2010, 09:30 AM
Assigning the "troll" label to someone you disagree with the easy way out. If you can't beat me with facts, then try to invalidate me as a person, so that what I say cannot be taken seriously.

The facts are that the Ravens fines this year year are extremely small in number and amount, compared with the Steelers. Now why this is a fact is open to debate. My theory is that Harbaugh encourages clean penalty free play, while Tomlin encourages hard hitting whenever possible for the purpose of intimidating the opposition, especially the opposing receivers. This is why the current NFL policy is affecting the Steelers more than the Ravens. When the Ravens fines catch up with the Steelers let me know and I'll rethink this but I doubt this will happen unless there is a coaching change on one of the teams.

bobby jr
12-05-2010, 09:31 AM
Yes, Harbaugh is keeping the team so squeaky clean that he himself has been fined by the NFL this year for getting into it with a ref over (what was deemed to be) a bad roughing the passer call. :chuckle:

That was a terrible call I saw the game and Harbaugh had every right to get angry, he is human. I think he accidentally bumped the ref but he certainly didn't mean to hurt the guy.

bobby jr
12-05-2010, 09:34 AM
Oh and this may be my last word on this game until tomorrow when I come here to pick up the pieces. The fact that Ben has had past success in his W-L record against the Ravens means little to nothing for tonight's game.
As I have shown several of those wins were very close games and at least one was handed to him by the refs.

The Ravens have the confidence now because Joe Flacco led them on a game winning TD drive at the end of the last Pittsburgh game. But I doubt they will need such heroics this evening, playing at home the powerful Ravens may cruise to victory. Sorry guys, you can't win them all.

SteelCityMom
12-05-2010, 09:41 AM
Assigning the "troll" label to someone you disagree with the easy way out. If you can't beat me with facts, then try to invalidate me as a person, so that what I say cannot be taken seriously.

You've already been beaten with facts enough. I just think you're a troll and fun to prove wrong.

The facts are that the Ravens fines this year year are extremely small in number and amount, compared with the Steelers. Now why this is a fact is open to debate. My theory is that Harbaugh encourages clean penalty free play, while Tomlin encourages hard hitting whenever possible for the purpose of intimidating the opposition, especially the opposing receivers. This is why the current NFL policy is affecting the Steelers more than the Ravens. When the Ravens fines catch up with the Steelers let me know and I'll rethink this but I doubt this will happen unless there is a coaching change on one of the teams.

So now you admit to the fines? I thought they played a completely clean game at all times? That's pretty much what you said isn't it? All you're doing now is backtracking because your opinion has been proven wrong with facts.

We get it though...you like sissy ball with no intimidation. There's no way you can be a true Ravens fan and think that intimidating the opposition (especially opposing receivers) is a bad thing. If there's one thing Steelers fans and Ravens fans have always had in common, it's their love for their hard hitting, intimidating defenses.

Maybe the fines are affecting the Steelers more because the Ravens defense has gotten soft? You can tell that they have in their production drop off this year. Normally the Steelers and Ravens are battling for number one spots in each category...Ravens are nowhere to be found in any of them this year. They just aren't as good as they used to be.

Rick5895
12-05-2010, 09:50 AM
You've already been beaten with facts enough. I just think you're a troll and fun to prove wrong.

So now you admit to the fines? I thought they played a completely clean game at all times? That's pretty much what you said isn't it? All you're doing now is backtracking because your opinion has been proven wrong with facts.

We get it though...you like sissy ball with no intimidation. There's no way you can be a true Ravens fan and think that intimidating the opposition (especially opposing receivers) is a bad thing. If there's one thing Steelers fans and Ravens fans have always had in common, it's their love for their hard hitting, intimidating defenses.

Maybe the fines are affecting the Steelers more because the Ravens defense has gotten soft? You can tell that they have in their production drop off this year. Normally the Steelers and Ravens are battling for number one spots in each category...Ravens are nowhere to be found in any of them this year. They just aren't as good as they used to be.

Well said!!!!!!!!!!!! :drink: :tt04: :tt02: :helmet: :applaudit:

steelerchad
12-05-2010, 12:04 PM
You made my argument stronger by listing the scores of those games during the Ravens run to their richly deserved Super Bowl title. 16-3. 24-10. Neither of those games were close. The Ravens would have won those games with or without the questionable hits. And the Super Bowl was even more of a cakewalk for the Ravens.

Anyway let's talk current. coach Harbaugh has largely eliminated the stupid over the top hits and penalties from the Ravens. How many time this year have they been fined? To put it bluntly the 2010 Ravens are a clean team, and this is a reflection of their coach.

The Steelers? With these hits and fines one can not say the same about them. I have always wondered about Coach Tomlin and suspected that he encourages violent hits for the purpose of intimidating the opposition, especially receivers catching the ball in the middle of the field against the Steelers. These type of hits seem to have increased since he took over the team.

Funny how you say neither of those 2 score wins were close. Yet you continuously say the 08 championship game won by 2 scores was close and could have gone either way. Anyone who watched that game knows the game, even though we won by 2 scores, wasn't nearly as close as the score. The Steelers dominated your beloved Rat turds that day and that year.

Third Rail
12-05-2010, 01:15 PM

Weren't the Ravens one of the most fined team in the league last year? I'm not 100% sure on that, but I thought they were one of the top ones and it was accentuated in that last game against the Steelers. But I'm sure that you would say that none of those penalties were real and the refs handed the game to the Steelers.

You are just like every goddamned Ravens fan I've ever met. You literally believe that the Ratbirds have NEVER lost a game, especially with their absolutely STELLAR history of quarterback play, including such superstars as Trent Dilfer, Kyle Boller and an over-the-hill Steve McNair. The mentality of every Ravens fan on earth: the refs are always out to get the Ravens and if it wasn't for such obvious corruption, the Ravens would have about 12 Lombardi Trophies by now.

Yeah, the refs totally handed that 2007 game to Pittsburgh when Ben hung five touchdowns on your ass, didn't they? And the refs were so confident in their abilities to fix a game that they were able to successfully make sure the Steelers beat the Ravens three times in 2008 without anyone but annoying Ratbird fans complaining. And I'm sure that if the Steelers win tonight, it will be because of poor officiating, but if the Ravens win, it will be because they are an unstoppable juggernaut.

Shut your delusional ass up.

iceman000123
12-05-2010, 01:36 PM

Are you serious right now? Help from the refs? 14 penalties for 163 yards? Thats a whole lotta help right there. All the fines and penalties from so called dirty hits? That's help from the refs? We've won games despite injuries and adversity. We are as good as our record indicates? As for crappy teams if you talking about the bills? The Bills have been close in pretty much all their games. OT against multiple teams INCLUDING the Ravens. We have just as good a chance of winning this game as the Ravens do! So lets get it! :tt02:

bobby jr
12-05-2010, 03:53 PM
I saw Buffalo, which would have beaten the Steelers last week if they hadn't dropped a TD pass in overtime, got blown out today. Not a good indicator of the STeelers level of play on the road at this point in the season.

I'm so confident of a Ravens win I may just go to sleep early and read about this one in the newspapers tomorrow.
Then again it may be worth losing some sleep to see the Ravens dominate this game.

The Ravens have a big advantage in coaching. Aside from encouraging hard hitting to the level which brings fines, I don't see how Tomlin has impressed anyone. He won the Super Bowl with another coaches team after he took over, but I only see a long downhill slide in his future. Coach Harbaugh on the other hand has done something few rookie coaches have ever done, playoff wins in his first two years. I see several Super Bowl titles and a possible Hall of Fame plaque for Coach Harbaugh.

SteelCityRules
12-05-2010, 04:00 PM
Flacco a Steelers killer? Really? Flacco is 2-4 against the Steelers all-time, including a loss in the playoffs.

Maybe to him that IS good? :noidea: Just wish we'd had a kicker the last time. Would've been 1-5. Or, should have been. lol

mikegrimey
12-05-2010, 04:02 PM
Maybe to him that IS good? :noidea: Just wish we'd had a kicker the last time. Would've been 1-5. Or, should have been. lol

Labelling Flacco a Steeler killer right now is way too premature and not founded in any reasonable thought.

He has shown flashes and given us a hard time, even the first time we faced him in his rookie season he took the Raven's down the field to tie up the game in the 4th quarter.

So far he has a couple of notable comebacks against us, last year and this year, but nothing great yet. He's been stopped by the Steelers more than he has stuck a dagger in them.

bobby jr
12-05-2010, 04:03 PM
Flacco sure sent all the Steeler fans home unhappy in October with that game winning TD drive at the end of the game. He was perfect on that drive.

Certain games can make a QB greater for the rest of his career. That may have been the turning point for Joe Flacco. Coming through in the clutch like that.

mikegrimey
12-05-2010, 04:05 PM
Flacco sure sent all the Steeler fans home unhappy in October with that game winning TD drive at the end of the game. He was perfect on that drive.

Certain games can make a QB greater for the rest of his career. That may have been the turning point for Joe Flacco. Coming through in the clutch like that.

I specifically mentioned that he had 2 notable comebacks, last november and this october against us. Yet, saying it "may" be a turning point for him isn't cemented in fact now is it?

He could develop into a Steeler killer, but as it stands now the Steelers have killed him more.

bobby jr
12-05-2010, 04:09 PM
I specifically mentioned that he had 2 notable comebacks, last november and this october against us. Yet, saying it "may" be a turning point for him isn't cemented in fact now is it?

He could develop into a Steeler killer, but as it stands now the Steelers have killed him more.

He also led the Ravens back at the end of the Atlanta game and they took the lead in the late moments of the 4th quarter. They subsequently lost when an Atlanta receiver pushed the Ravens defender down and caught the winning TD pass. But that still was a great comeback led by Joe Flacco.

SteelCityRules
12-05-2010, 04:14 PM
Labelling Flacco a Steeler killer right now is way too premature and not founded in any reasonable thought.

He has shown flashes and given us a hard time, even the first time we faced him in his rookie season he took the Raven's down the field to tie up the game in the 4th quarter.

So far he has a couple of notable comebacks against us, last year and this year, but nothing great yet. He's been stopped by the Steelers more than he has stuck a dagger in them.

Agreed. Hoping for a good outcome today. =)

mikegrimey
12-05-2010, 04:14 PM
He also led the Ravens back at the end of the Atlanta game and they took the lead in the late moments of the 4th quarter. They subsequently lost when an Atlanta receiver pushed the Ravens defender down and caught the winning TD pass. But that still was a great comeback led by Joe Flacco.

Well if we were evaluating Flacco's status as a "Falcon Killer" that would make more sense but as it stands it really doesn't matter if we're just talking Ravens/Steelers any more than me mentioning one of Ben's comebacks against other teams and saying that makes him a ravens killer.

Atlanta Dan
12-05-2010, 04:23 PM

Like the "great comeback" Kurt Warner led against the Steelers in SB XLIII? Think Warner regards that as a great accomplishment?:noidea:

But of course Warner was on a team that won a Lombardi and presumably has a higher standard by which he defines success - such as actually winning the game

Given the low expectations by which we measure Joe Flacco's career achievements I agree that Flacco's drive to take the lead in the Atlanta game is one of his greatest accomplishments

MattsMe
12-05-2010, 04:35 PM
Like the "great comeback" Kurt Warner led against the Steelers in SB XLIII? Think Warner regards that as a great accomplishment?:noidea:

But of course Warner was on a team that won a Lombardi and presumably has a higher standard by which he defines success - such as actually winning the game

Given the low expectations by which we measure Joe Flacco's career achievements I agree that Flacco's drive to take the lead in the Atlanta game is one of his greatest accomplishments

:toofunny:

Good point.

SteelCityMom
12-05-2010, 04:58 PM
I saw Buffalo, which would have beaten the Steelers last week if they hadn't dropped a TD pass in overtime, got blown out today. Not a good indicator of the STeelers level of play on the road at this point in the season.

I'm so confident of a Ravens win I may just go to sleep early and read about this one in the newspapers tomorrow.
Then again it may be worth losing some sleep to see the Ravens dominate this game.

The Ravens have a big advantage in coaching. Aside from encouraging hard hitting to the level which brings fines, I don't see how Tomlin has impressed anyone. He won the Super Bowl with another coaches team after he took over, but I only see a long downhill slide in his future. Coach Harbaugh on the other hand has done something few rookie coaches have ever done, playoff wins in his first two years. I see several Super Bowl titles and a possible Hall of Fame plaque for Coach Harbaugh.

Wow...you're really still stuck on this Buffalo thing as a measuring stick aren't you.

Maybe you forgot...but they took you into OT in your house, and the Ravens D let up A LOT more points to them than the Steelers D did. The Steelers benefited from a dropped TD pass (but Sanders also dropped an easy TD pass as well that would have iced the game in regulation)...and the Ravens benefited from an extremely late whistle. :noidea:

It's just a piss poor example.

Oh...and Tomlin has impressed Harbaugh...when they beat them in the AFCCG 2 years ago, and when the Ravens still haven't been able to beat the Steelers when Ben is playing. That may change tonight for all I know...but you'd do well to remember that the last two times the great Harbaugh has outcoached the Steelers, it's been with 3rd and 4th sting QBs...and once it went into OT in your house. Real chest thumping material right there. :sofunny:

bobby jr
12-05-2010, 05:14 PM
We'll see tonight. I don't see Harbaugh losing to Tomlin at home. The Ravens are very tough at home and Tomlin and the Steelers are in over their heads tonight.

SteelCityMom
12-05-2010, 05:21 PM
We'll see tonight. I don't see Harbaugh losing to Tomlin at home. The Ravens are very tough at home and Tomlin and the Steelers are in over their heads tonight.

That's fine...I'm willing to wait and see. And I never, ever predict Steelers/Ravens games because they are almost always close.

It's just hilarious how you act like their playing a scrub team tonight that has never played there before and has no clue what to expect (Let alone has won there 7 out of the 14 times they've played in Baltimore).

Just don't cry about the refs if the Ravens lose and I promise not to cry about Ben's foot and our shitty O-line if the Steelers lose. No cheap excuses for the losing team at all.

iceman000123
12-05-2010, 05:39 PM

Yup we sure are. Way over our heads tonight. Because you guys are definitely the most elite team. Forget the Falcons, Patriots, Jets, and Packers. You guys barely got away with a win in Buffalo but your still so great. I mean you guys did beat us by three points earlier this season with 3rd and 4th string QB's. I mean come on were definitely outclassed here. :rofl: This guy! :chuckle:

bobby jr
12-05-2010, 05:42 PM
I won' t complain about the refs if they call a good game. Look the Steelers have had their time in the sun.
The won two super bowls by the skin of their teeth. They won't win another one this year. The Ravens have a chance of going all the way this year.

I think Ben started the Steelers year off with bad karma with his doing the same thing he had done before with the college girls. Then comes his suspension, which brings further disgrace. Now these Harrison hits and fines too.
The Steelers have received a lot of bad publicity this year and let's face it a lot of it is well deserved. Bad karma, and no super bowl ring this year.

SteelCityMom
12-05-2010, 05:50 PM
I won' t complain about the refs if they call a good game. Look the Steelers have had their time in the sun.
The won two super bowls by the skin of their teeth. They won't win another one this year. The Ravens have a chance of going all the way this year.

I think Ben started the Steelers year off with bad karma with his doing the same thing he had done before with the college girls. Then comes his suspension, which brings further disgrace. Now these Harrison hits and fines too.
The Steelers have received a lot of bad publicity this year and let's face it a lot of it is well deserved. Bad karma, and no super bowl ring this year.

So I guess karma for Ray Ray is why the Ravens have never made it to the big dance since his incident?

"same thing he had done before with college girls"...do you even read the news?

You're nothing but a homer, and all over the place trying to cling to any argument you can make up. Nevermind the fact that despite all this stuff, the Steelers are 8-3 just like the Ravens.

Myself, I don't expect SB every year. I just like to root for my team. If they make it, great...if not, I'll still be cheering next year.

Baltimore, however, better hope the Ravens don't ever go on a bad losing streak again or else the city might just forget about them again and move the team to Vegas.

iceman000123
12-05-2010, 05:55 PM

Just like show me the carfax, Show me the charges! You can use that all day long but the fact of the matter is there are no charges we don't know what happened. Ben did his suspension and if anything we showed we can win games with out him and against good teams too; Falcons, Titans, Bucaneers. Harrison didn't deserve any fines except the ones in the browns games. Even YOUR team believes so as well. So it's not just the steelers other players are speaking out for us as well. And there is no disgrace and playing good PHYSICAL football. :tt02:

bobby jr
12-05-2010, 06:03 PM
So I guess karma for Ray Ray is why the Ravens have never made it to the big dance since his incident?

"same thing he had done before with college girls"...do you even read the news?

You're nothing but a homer, and all over the place trying to cling to any argument you can make up. Nevermind the fact that despite all this stuff, the Steelers are 8-3 just like the Ravens.

Myself, I don't expect SB every year. I just like to root for my team. If they make it, great...if not, I'll still be cheering next year.

Baltimore, however, better hope the Ravens don't ever go on a bad losing streak again or else the city might just forget about them again and move the team to Vegas.

Well it's good you don't expect a Super Bowl every year. But I get the impression certain Steeler fans do. It's kind of like the Yankees fans with that sense of entitlement.

I don't know where you get the ridiculous idea the Ravens will ever move. Baltimore has always been a good football town except when Irsay drove fans away. He was one of a kind. The Ravens ownership is in good hands now.

SteelCityMom
12-05-2010, 06:09 PM
Well it's good you don't expect a Super Bowl every year. But I get the impression certain Steeler fans do. It's kind of like the Yankees fans with that sense of entitlement.

I don't know where you get the ridiculous idea the Ravens will ever move. Baltimore has always been a good football town except when Irsay drove fans away. He was one of a kind. The Ravens ownership is in good hands now.

:rofl: @ Isray drove fans away. Yeah, the city and the lack of fans showing up had NOTHING at all to do with it.

Here's a little refresher course for you...

The Colts were unhappy with the condition of the stadium they played in and Indianapolis offered them a new indoor dome.
Robert Irsay, the Colts owner, had many problems with Baltimore and the stadium, Memorial stadium.
1. Due to being far from the downtown area and any major highway, traffic to and from Colt games was very heavy and tied up traffic and trapped locals in their homes. It was also hard to find being about seven miles fron the downtown area on 33rd street. Many fans got lost getting to or coming from the stadium.
2. The stadium was a very poor football stadium and the seating bowl ended at the fifty yard line, the end zone near 36th street was open taking away money making seats. It also had no club level. It was far behind its time.
3. The city of Baltimore would not allow the Colts to play at the NFL's usual start time at one. Instead, they started at two which by law. Sports events were not allow to start before two on Sundays. Because of this the Colts had a hard time being on national T.V.
4. The Orioles, the city's baseball team, also used the stadium and had control over food sales, and parking fees even during football season despite the fact that both teams payed a rent fee.
5. The team was playing poorly and attentence went to about 20,000 in a stadium that could hold 60,000.
6. The city wanted to upgrade the stadium but both teams had different demands and the city could not make both happy so it did not upgrade the stadium.
In the spring of 1984 the Colts lease on the stadium was up and Irsay wanted a new stadium or to move. Instead of working out plans with Irsay, Maryland's senate passed a law that allowed the state to take the team from him by the powers of eminemt domain. All that was needed was the law to pass by the House of Delegates. That was enough for Irsay to decide what to do. He moved his team Indianapols and its Hoosier Dome. Baltimore did however learn from its mistakes. When the Orioles said they had a lot of the same problems with the stadium (location and condition for example,) and threatened to move to Washington D.C., Baltimore built Oriole Park at Camden Yards. Just six years later they would build M&T Bank Stadium for a new NFL team, the Ravens.

Read more: http://wiki.answers.com/Q/Why_the_did_the_Baltimore_Colts_leave_Baltimore#ix zz17Hm1b39V

bobby jr
12-05-2010, 06:35 PM
Robert Irsay was a drunk who caused people to not want to support the Colts. They became a terrible on the field team with him.

Irsay once went down on the field while drunk and took over the coaching duties, calling plays, or attempting to do so. He gave his kicker a $10,000.00 raise for missing two field goals and an extra point which cost his team the game. The team was a joke under his "leadership' and it wasn't just the losing. It was Irsay.

He shopped the Colts around, and made false promises not to move the team while doing so. It's no wonder people stopped attending the Colts games under these circumstances.

We tried to get a team thru expansion only when the NFL made false promises and passed us over in favor of inferior teams, did Baltimore take just action to teach the NFL a lesson, and get a team back in Baltimore where it belongs. I recall how Tagliabue said Baltimore should take it's NFL money and buy a museum. Well now Baltimore is a thriving NFL city, as it should be.

SteelCityMom
12-05-2010, 06:56 PM
Robert Irsay was a drunk who caused people to not want to support the Colts. They became a terrible on the field team with him.

Irsay once went down on the field while drunk and took over the coaching duties, calling plays, or attempting to do so. He gave his kicker a $10,000.00 raise for missing two field goals and an extra point which cost his team the game. The team was a joke under his "leadership' and it wasn't just the losing. It was Irsay.

He shopped the Colts around, and made false promises not to move the team while doing so. It's no wonder people stopped attending the Colts games under these circumstances.

We tried to get a team thru expansion only when the NFL made false promises and passed us over in favor of inferior teams, did Baltimore take just action to teach the NFL a lesson, and get a team back in Baltimore where it belongs. I recall how Tagliabue said Baltimore should take it's NFL money and buy a museum. Well now Baltimore is a thriving NFL city, as it should be.

I understand some of that...but you really can't put all the blame squarely on him.

And I understand crappy owners as well...dealt with it as a Pens fan for a good number of years and it all culminated in Lemieux threatening to move the team if they didn't get a new arena. Finally, once the city realized he was really, really serious, they worked out a plan...but realize this from a business standpoint, when a team that isn't doing very well and has low attendance demands a new stadium to replace a shitty one or they are going to leave...they are going to leave.

From my understanding though, the Colts attendance hadn't been good for a long time before he started shopping the team around. And Indy fans (again, to the best of my knowledge) never had a huge problem with him.

steelerchad
12-05-2010, 10:45 PM

Wrong again. In fact, the Flacco sack fumble cost Baltimore the game. Then a rattled Joe chokes and throws a 3 yard pass, 2 yards short.

Ben now 8-2 against the Ravens. Flacco, now 0-5 when facing Big Ben. Woops. Flacco a Steeler killer. HA HA HA. I'm sure we won't hear from you, since you'll be hibernating until the week before we play you next year.

PS. As for crowd silencing. That place was a morgue when Flacco choked the game away. Except for those terrible towel waving fans.

UF-Steeler
12-05-2010, 10:48 PM
Joe Flacco a Steeler Killer... :rofl: :blah:

Can't wait to hear from Bobby Jr.

:tt02:

Patriotist
12-05-2010, 10:48 PM
That play where he got away from Suggs needs to be on the Ben Roethlisberger highlight real.

jjpro11
12-05-2010, 10:50 PM
Joe Flacco a Steeler Killer... :rofl: :blah:

Can't wait to hear from Bobby Jr.

:tt02:

the Ravens play so squeaky clean too. no illegal hits whatsoever because Harbaugh teaches his team how to hit legally. hahaaahhaa :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

finesward
12-05-2010, 10:52 PM
HEY THERE BOBBAYYYYYY?? HOW BOUT THEM RAVENS????

FLACCO! NICE CHOKE JOB!!!! I'VE HEARD OF BJ'S BUT DAMN DOES FLACCO GIVE A NICE CJ!!!! LOL!!! TALK SOME SHIT NOW BIRDY BYE!!!

:tt04::tt04::tt04::tt02::tt02::tt02::tt02::tt02::t t::tt::tt::tt::tt::tt::tt::tt03::tt03::tt03::tt03: :tt03::hatsoff:

this post sponsored by a frosty cold 12 pk of newcastles :)

finesward
12-05-2010, 10:54 PM
i feel better now :)

how about them spirit towels or whatever the f' you guys were calling those wretched purple red wine asswipe towels your fans were handed out??? as always the original terrible towel reigns supreme!!

SteelCityMom
12-05-2010, 10:56 PM
To put it bluntly the 2010 Ravens are a clean team, and this is a reflection of their coach.

nVrNoK5Ab_E

Care to rephrase your statement?

btaylor179
12-05-2010, 10:57 PM
our dbs are terrible...thats a fact and everyteam we play will attack that,,,,,,,,

Kanata-Steeler
12-05-2010, 11:01 PM
Ben played courageously, but he wasn't no Raven killer, he was just tryin' to stay alive. -lol

TROY and the Stellers DEFENSE "Killed" the Ravens 2nite. -lol

jjpro11
12-05-2010, 11:06 PM
our dbs are terrible...thats a fact and everyteam we play will attack that,,,,,,,,

don't lump Taylor in with them.

GMU Steeler
12-05-2010, 11:09 PM
Fact: Flacco has never won against the Steelers with Roethlisberger at QB.
Yes it was close but you all know the saying about close meaning horseshoes and grenades.

StainlessStill
12-05-2010, 11:44 PM
nVrNoK5Ab_E

Care to rephrase your statement?

What about the one that got Roethlisberger's nose punched off his face? The Steelers are SO singled out by these ref's that it isn't even funny anymore. James Harrison gets 125,000 from the leauge for legal hits of form tackling as our players continue to get ANNIHILATED (Ben, Hines Ward concussion against N.E, and now Heath against Balty.)

This league and all the ref'ing crew has a bounty out on Pittsburgh. NO DOUBT IN MY MIND.

Merchant
12-06-2010, 12:12 AM
6 straight.. COUNT EM :-)

mikegrimey
12-06-2010, 07:15 AM
So much for Flacco the Steeler Killer, still has a way to go in that regard. He was impressive on those long bombs from the goal line. He quickly read the blitz, took the pressure, and released great passes from there. Yet him and the offense fizzled in the 4th, consecutive 3 and outs when a score would have been crucial followed by another strip sack. He finished the game by moving down to the 30 but got pressured and threw a lame duck on 4th down that had no chance of reaching its target.

He's decidedly improved against the Steelers in some ways but he got rattled last night for sure.

SacknificentStew56
12-06-2010, 09:05 AM
There's something about how our QB's play our division rival. Ben is def a Raven killer and it seems our team welcomes that physical challenge than anything else and Baltimore is our roughest competition.

Kordell Stewart was also a Raven killer. Dude had a GREAT game everytime he played against them. I remember in '97 maybe (?) we were down like 21 points and he led us back to beat them in a thriller. I always liked Kordell and even though he didn't have a chance to be good here, he was still an amazing athlete and had good years in '97, '00 & '01.

Never got the chance to develop as a pocket QB due to that "Slash" crap.

steelcity1974
12-06-2010, 09:29 AM
I never used Ben's absense from the Week 4 game as an excuse for why we lost...but when you see how tough he was in this game and the plays he made, it's hard to argue he was the difference between the two games. Troy's sack/fumble was THE play of the game...but Ben made a lot of tough plays including the best incomplete pass in the history of the NFL...great stiff arm against Suggs.

MasterOfPuppets
12-06-2010, 01:12 PM

and now joe cool sent ratbird fans home unhappy in december....
ahahahahahahahahahaha.....:rofl:

steelerchad
01-19-2011, 09:42 AM
7-2 all time vs. the Ravens as a starter. The Ravens haven't beaten the Steelers since 2006 with Big Ben in the line up. Last 8 meetings the Steelers are 5-3 against the Rats. The 3 Rat wins were against Batch this year, Dixon last year, and Batch to end the 07 season when all our starters were resting for the playoffs.

We are ahead of the curve here on the board.
Tomlin gave Ben this nickname after the playoff win.
We gave it to him before our December win in Baltimore.

He is a Raven killer. Ravens 0 for last 7 against Big Ben and 0 for life against the Steelers in big games.

Buddha Bus
01-19-2011, 10:05 AM
and now joe cool sent ratbird fans home unhappy in december....
ahahahahahahahahahaha.....:rofl:

And once again, in January! :toofunny:

"Certain games can make a QB greater for the rest of his career."

Yeah, and certain games can scar a QB for the rest of his career! :sign02:

43Hitman
01-19-2011, 10:24 AM
http://i459.photobucket.com/albums/qq312/43hitman/RavenKiller.jpg