PDA

View Full Version : Reggie

noto45
04-03-2006, 07:11 AM
If you were in charge what would you do to get Reggie Bush??? I am just curious as to what our be loved Steelers Nation would to get the best player in the draft?

Livinginthe past
04-03-2006, 08:25 AM
I will tell you right now.

No-one here would do whats necessary to get Reggie Bush, which would have to be something along the lines of the Ricky Williams trade from N.O. to Miami years back.

Here is a link to a draft pick value board.

http://www.theredzone.org/2005/draft/draftvaluechart.asp

As you can see - pick 32 is worth only 590 points compared to 3000 points for pick No.1.

This means the Steelers would have to give up multiple 1st round picks (from this year and probably the next 3) - because the Steelers picks will probably be in the bottom quarter of the draft each year.

Either that, or throw in some big names currently on the Steeler playing staff.

NM

clevestinks
04-03-2006, 08:47 AM
nOT INTERESTED, I think White would be a better fit here! Just my opinion

BigSteelThrill
04-03-2006, 09:27 AM
The price?

Lets see...

Our 1st this year and next.
Our 2nd this year and next.
Our 3rd this year and next.
our 4th this year and next.

Thats would be right about numerical value. Which probably would not get it done.
So add in one key starter. Like Ike Taylor. Or Marvel Smith.

:poop:

No thank you.

83-Steelers-43
04-03-2006, 09:29 AM
IMO, what we would have to give up in order to get Reggie Bush is not worth it. While I agree Reggie Bush is a fine football player, throwing away your future and present players/picks over one player would not be a smart move.

noto45
04-03-2006, 10:29 AM
I am not being serious here I am just saying what would you do to get him.

Tim
04-03-2006, 10:42 AM
What I would do?

Nothing really. He could be the league's best running back, or he could blow ACLs in both knees on his first play. Or he might be overwhelmed with the defensive speed in the NFL and be at best, an average back. Not that I think either of those things will happen, my point simply being that even as good as he is, he's still an unknown, still untested in the NFL and thus, he only deserves to go to teams that have a legitmate shot at him without messing up a currently good and cohesive team.

If the Steelers draft goes as well as their last few drafts, Bush is irrelavent because as defending champs returning with nearly all our starters (losing only a few during free agency), how much better would we be with him as opposed to other needs? The difference would be very minimal. Say, to put a number to it, 99.5% vs 99%. Would you really blow the bank for that extra 0.5%?

The way drafts work is to maintain parity in the NFL, or at least attempt to. Teams that blow multi-season draft picks to move up the list that high to take one guy only wreck their teams. Besides, even if we pulled the trigger, I doubt we have the cap room to sign him.

83-Steelers-43
04-03-2006, 10:45 AM
I am not being serious here I am just saying what would you do to get him.

Nothing. Because as I already stated, what I feel we would need to do in order to get him is not worth it in the long run. Interesting hypothetical question to ponder over though.

tony hipchest
04-03-2006, 10:49 AM
i would probably trade willie parker for him, but bush's signing bonus will probably be 100x greater than willies salary for next season (no joke $20 million vs $200,000) -rough ball park figures here.

Midnightwriter1
04-03-2006, 12:52 PM
exactly, not even close to worth it. I love Willie, but he cannot pound it inside and neither will Bush. The NFL game has so much more speed and is a heck of alot more physical than the college game. There is a good chance that Bush may not even be " that great " in the NFL. Very few players that have Bush's makeup have really made an impact in recent times. Sanders about does it and that is a very big longshot. I wouldnt give up anything to jump to number 1 for him.

That being said, the pick makes sense forthe Texans. The have Davis as the power back, QB is set with Carr and have two good receivers. Pick Bush at 1 and then i would spend the rest of my picks on OL lol

TexaSteeler
04-03-2006, 01:00 PM
The small quick back seems to be becoming a thing of the past. The only way they survive in the NFL is if they make the lightning quick cuts that make people miss like the LT and B. Sanders. There wasn't really enough quickness in the NCAA to make Bush have to make those type of cuts, so who knows if he can do it. I wouldn't give up anything for him.

RoethlisBURGHer
04-03-2006, 04:26 PM
I don't really want him.We have a runner in his mold already in Willie Parker,who has already proved himself with a fine season this year,and a probally even better one next year.Reggie will be a fine football player,he just won't be on this team.

Reggie doesn't fit the mold for this team,however Lendale White does and I wouldn't mind giving up this year's first rounder and a supplemental from this year to move up and take him.

MichiSteeler
04-03-2006, 11:27 PM
I dont want anything to do to get reggie. And if we somehow for some reason moved up into the #1 spot, id hope we take LenDale. Reggie Bush is nowhere near our style of football, he is small, not a full-time back, and i have doubts as to what he can do in the NFL. We all saw what he did against a formidable defense in Texas... What will he do in the NFL when all defenses are like that?

Haiku_Dirtt
04-04-2006, 01:01 PM
Reggie's awesome. I had to have facial reconstruction after the season last year because my jaw bounced off the floor so many times.

Webfactor8
04-05-2006, 11:00 PM
Reggie doesn't fit the mold for this team,however Lendale White does and I wouldn't mind giving up this year's first rounder and a supplemental from this year to move up and take him.

I would have agreed with you until I read this.

LenDale White Not Looking Good
http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=6356

:thmbdown:

benberger
04-06-2006, 12:30 PM
bush is overrated....fine player but overrated.....lendale white would look lovely in black and gold......i dont think he is gonna make it to 32 though.

Midnightwriter1
04-06-2006, 12:41 PM
I dont know if Bush is overrated or not, i dont feel he is... Haveto remember , the #1 player taken is not always the best player in draft , just depends on team needs. The Texans could use that number one many different ways, but having Carr, Moulds, A Johnson, D.Davis, and then add a Reggie Bush and they have added Flanagan at center along with a run oriented coach in Kubiak (sp) so he fits in what they want to do. If the texans wernt at # 1 then he may have fell to a later spot. I dont think he is the best player overall in the draft, but for what the texans want to do... he will be a great fit.

BIGBENFASTWILLIE
04-06-2006, 12:45 PM
there are many draft boards saying White is going to fall to pick 32....I dont care what his workout showed......he could be a great back for us!!!

Avoid Lloyd
04-06-2006, 12:56 PM
I still don't see him falling to 32.

Midnightwriter1
04-06-2006, 01:00 PM
I dont see him falling that far either. There are sooo many teams that could use a back, even if not for this year but for insurance and a future back... Minnesota, Denver, N.E, Carolina, Cleveland, Pittsburgh, Philly, Indy, Baltimore, and i am sure a few others i failed to mention off the top of my head. I think would be a steal if he ended up down that far.

Haiku_Dirtt
04-06-2006, 01:38 PM
bush is overrated....fine player but overrated.....lendale white would look lovely in black and gold......i dont think he is gonna make it to 32 though.

Bush is not even close to being overrated. Believe the hype.

Can he turn an organization around that is in the cellar? Who knows? It took Walter Payton years before he got his shot at a ring.

I would love to see Reggie play for the Steelers but it's like trying to buy a dream house. The down payment is huge with hemorrage-like monthly payments.