PDA

View Full Version : Three things that could go wrong for Ravens vs. Steelers

mesaSteeler
12-02-2010, 05:49 PM
Three things that could go wrong for Ravens vs. Steelers
http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/bs-sp-three-things-wrong-1203-20101202,0,4359904,print.story
By Jamison Hensley, The Baltimore Sun

11:01 AM EST, December 2, 2010
Advertisement

1. Ben Roethlisberger foils the Ravens again. The Pittsburgh quarterback has a knack of brushing off a pass rusher and delivering the game-changing play against the Ravens. There's a reason why the Ravens haven't beaten him since 2006.

2. James Harrison wreaks havoc. The Steelers pass rusher has six sacks in six games against the Ravens. This time, he goes against left tackle Michael Oher, who won't be at full strength with a knee injury.

3. Up-and-down run defense takes another nosedive. The Ravens bottled up Tampa Bay's LeGarrette Blount, but they've struggled to shut down running backs consistently. Pittsburgh's Rashard Mendenhall, the NFL's seventh-leading rusher, is coming off a 151-yard rushing effort.

MDSteel15
12-02-2010, 06:04 PM
3. Up-and-down run defense takes another nosedive. The Ravens bottled up Tampa Bay's LeGarrette Blount, but they've struggled to shut down running backs consistently. Pittsburgh's Rashard Mendenhall, the NFL's seventh-leading rusher, is coming off a 151-yard rushing effort.

Wouldn't this be sweet!!! :popcorn:

mikegrimey
12-02-2010, 07:35 PM
I wouldn't count on the third option. We didn't run great against them in the first meeting and we look to have been getting worse in that regard. With Jonathan Scott manning the blind side and Kemo looking bad I expect us to get beat on the line of scrimmage consistently.

urgle burgle
12-02-2010, 07:38 PM
when was the last time we had a good run game vs the Morons anyway?

ricardisimo
12-02-2010, 09:24 PM
when was the last time we had a good run game vs the Morons anyway?
Rashard had 95 yards against them last season. Not bad.

steelerohio
12-02-2010, 09:53 PM
I wouldn't count on the second option: The referee will flag him for every time he clean hit Flacco...

bobby jr
12-02-2010, 10:13 PM
This will be a relatively easy win for the Ravens. They are peaking and the Steelers are not.

steelerohio
12-02-2010, 10:17 PM
:rofl:

No such thing as an easy win this wseason between them... very identical scores against other opponent and the last game was so close... That wasn't an easy win for the Purple browns...

again...

:rofl:

Could go either way Purple browns fans...

zulater
12-03-2010, 07:48 AM
This will be a relatively easy win for the Ravens. They are peaking and the Steelers are not.

Famous last words perhaps?

Somehow I've got the feeling that if your prophecy doesn't come true, this is the last we'll hear from you.

mikegrimey
12-03-2010, 07:57 AM
Nah Bobby Jr. just programs his mind to not be able to think outside the box of the Raven's winning easily.

Remember earlier in the season he made the same prediction (Ravens by 2 touchdowns) and cited erroneous reasons such as margin of victory against the Lions and Browns.

Basically every time the Ravens lose it's by a stroke of luck and every time they win it's because of their superiority, go figure, he's not that different from a number of Steelers fans that post here.

After the game he came in here and tried to offer analysis even though he hadn't even seen the game, it was pretty funny.

Just trying to get you guys riled up.

Whodis
12-03-2010, 08:09 AM
I agree that option #3 is very unlikely. We haven't rushed on any team with above average defense in years (thats another thread).

The key has to be putting pressure on Flacco. He has been up and down all season and at one point the fans were calling for his job. We saw what happens when you drop into prevent and give him time (see video of last drive in 1st game).

I personally don't like the injury to Ben. We are goint to have to exploit the weak secondary of baltimore and he will have to find recievers. If we can get them off the line maybe we can get some kind of run game going.

SteelCityRules
12-05-2010, 01:00 AM
I wouldn't count on the second option: The referee will flag him for every time he clean hit Flacco...

Sadly, that's what I was thinking too. Just hope we are wrong. lol

zulater
12-06-2010, 01:40 AM

http://janeheller.mlblogs.com/crow.jpg

Dinner is served bobby. :chuckle:

Third Rail
12-06-2010, 01:45 AM
hahahahaha