mopit55
04-03-2006, 12:04 PM
javon walker in pittsburgh?

SteelerDan43
04-03-2006, 12:11 PM
source/link?

drizze99
04-03-2006, 12:11 PM
Where did you hear this? LINKS? I haven't seen anything.

Avoid Lloyd
04-03-2006, 12:15 PM
He's probably talking about this (http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_3663816).

Doesn't really seem like much to me, it just says that Pittsburgh is interested in him.

clevestinks
04-03-2006, 12:17 PM
Interested? I`m interested in seeing what he can still do

Midnightwriter1
04-03-2006, 12:43 PM
I am sure their are planty of teams interested .. He is big, decent speed and good hands. I am not so much worried about if he can still play , but more so what it would take to get him. He defiantely wants a pay raise from his current salary as well, so him sitting out and saying he isnt going to play wont do much for him. G.B can hold onto his rights for as long as he holds out, even if he doesnt play at all. Will prolly hear more about him and deals being done as we do creep up to the draft.

BigNastyD
04-03-2006, 01:33 PM
javon walker in pittsburgh? I am guessing by the question mark that this is a question and not a statement.

Ambridge
04-03-2006, 02:02 PM
I am sure their are planty of teams interested .. He is big, decent speed and good hands. I am not so much worried about if he can still play , but more so what it would take to get him. He defiantely wants a pay raise from his current salary as well, so him sitting out and saying he isnt going to play wont do much for him. G.B can hold onto his rights for as long as he holds out, even if he doesnt play at all. Will prolly hear more about him and deals being done as we do creep up to the draft.

I kinda feel bad for the guy.
He wanted a better deal last year and might have held out if "Vicadin" Favre hadn't added his two cents in on the matter.
He might have had a little more financial security before his injury.
Too bad Favre couldn't be as quick to figure out what he's going to do as he seemed to know what was best for Walker.

I don't know how much of a pay raise he should expect coming off a knee injury??

BlitzburghRockCity
04-03-2006, 03:34 PM
He's got plenty of game left..u just have to wonder how much of Favre's comments were true about him not being a team player and how much of it was just Brett blowing off steam from such a bad season.

Midnightwriter1
04-03-2006, 03:44 PM
I have always liked Favre since he has ben at G.B. For the fact he called out Walker and called him selfish because he was wanting to hold out for more money ect .... AND to see now what Favre is doing... I think the shoe is on the other foot. He obviosuly can do what he wants to do and the organization is going to kiss his ass, but for him to be calling someone else selfish and not a team guy just doesnt seem right coming out of Favre's mouth at this point.

83-Steelers-43
04-03-2006, 03:55 PM
I don't think it's right to throw any of your team mates under the bus like that. While I respect Favre for the way he plays the game, that move was pretty lame on his part. How another player handles a contract should be none of his business.

Suitanim
04-03-2006, 04:07 PM
I'd give up #2 for him...if he can pass a physical.

BB2W
04-03-2006, 04:11 PM
He can definitely play, but I'm not sure I want them to bring in anyone who may be a problem child.

Midnightwriter1
04-03-2006, 04:36 PM
i never heard of anything bad about him until last year he wanted to hold out... heard nothing about being a problem child at all until favre called him out.

tony hipchest
04-03-2006, 04:42 PM
walkers only sin is pretty much doing the same thing hines ward did last season. sure the circumstances were a little different, but a holdout for and extension and more money is a holdout all the same. everytime ive seen or heard javon in an interview he seems really upbeat, well spoken and overall really seems like a good guy and teammate.

83-Steelers-43
04-03-2006, 04:42 PM
Same here Midnight. He held out. Hines Ward did the exact same thing. From what I understand the guy has never been arrested and I never heard of him being a cancer in the locker room.

Midnightwriter1
04-03-2006, 06:19 PM
I think whoever he does play for will get a very good WR who would easily be a #1 and currently is only making 550 000 a year. He is sceduled to be a F/A after next year so sobody will haev to give up a draft pick and a lil bit of a raise but would be worth it i think.

clevestinks
04-03-2006, 06:20 PM
I`m still interested, I think this would be a huge improvement over El! Lets consider it.

Suitanim
04-03-2006, 06:35 PM
I'd like to consider it, but it'd be an unusual move for the Steelers...I'll remain skeptical, but, you know, in an optimistic way...

Koopa
04-03-2006, 06:50 PM
that would be badass if we could get a guy like this, like a lot of ya'll said all he did was hold out, the media just made it seem like he's a cancer cause everyone is on favre's nuts, and favre talked shit.

Midnightwriter1
04-03-2006, 07:17 PM
Again, i am the first who will say if you have a contract, then you should honor it and that goes for Steeler players as well. I was all over Wards ass for being a lil girl and rying about his shit to the media. It is wards right of course just as it is Walkers to hold out.. but teammates should just keep their mouths shut .. especiallya man making millions of dollars compared to somoene making peanuts compared to him. I dont think it was right for Walker to hold out, but it was just as wrong for Favre to get in the middle of his business and call him out. I seriously doubt Favre gave him any of his money after Walker felt compelled to come back and tore up his ACL.

I dont think Walker is any kind of cancer, just doesnt like the organization and especially doesnt like his QB and wants out. I seriously doubt we will or would get him, but if we did he would be worth it i think.

TasmanianTroy271
04-03-2006, 07:23 PM
Hey, whats the worse that could happen? we give up a pick for him, and see what he does. If he is great, we sign him back next year, and if he ends up being a turd, we cut him loose. I think its a pretty nice deal to see what the guy is like before making a commitment.

tony hipchest
04-03-2006, 07:26 PM
Again, i am the first who will say if you have a contract, then you should honor it and that goes for Steeler players as well. I was all over Wards ass for being a lil girl and rying about his shit to the media. It is wards right of course just as it is Walkers to hold out.. but teammates should just keep their mouths shut .. especiallya man making millions of dollars compared to somoene making peanuts compared to him. I dont think it was right for Walker to hold out, but it was just as wrong for Favre to get in the middle of his business and call him out. I seriously doubt Favre gave him any of his money after Walker felt compelled to come back and tore up his ACL.

I dont think Walker is any kind of cancer, just doesnt like the organization and especially doesnt like his QB and wants out. I seriously doubt we will or would get him, but if we did he would be worth it i think.hes most likely out of the steelers pricerange but they are doing the smart thing by giving him a look. if he was healthy id rather have him as a starter rather than drafting someone who may take as long to develop as javon did. he may only get a new contract in the range of what keyshawn, bruce, el, givens, and moulds did. im thinking an average of those salaries might actually be a bargain on a 4-5 year deal for him.

will he give a bargain to the steelers is the question the front office has. and would the steelers make a trade cause i think teams like the pats or eagles may outbid them if he were released? in this case i wouldnt mind a trade (assuming hes ready to go of course)

clevestinks
04-04-2006, 09:19 AM
I would think he would love to come here? It could be a win win situation.

SteelerFanInCA
04-05-2006, 02:32 PM
That guy is still a solid player. It sure would be a nice fit if we can get our hands on him. I believe he would compliment Hines quite well.

schonrph
04-05-2006, 10:44 PM
bottom line, too much money

Midnightwriter1
04-06-2006, 01:05 AM
Actually i dont think would be too much money because ( prior to signing Taylor, we will be about 15 or so under the cap next year. So if we did give him a long time deal with a decent singing bonus it could work. He just would have to ake signing bonus over much of a salary for next year... but for a guy that wants out of where he is.. it would be workable.. I just dont know what G.B is wanting for him in return. It wont be too cheap .. proly a 2nd and a 4th at least. I am very suprised denver isnt giving up its 22nd for him to get a starting receiver since they are lacking along with the Pats.

OX1947
04-06-2006, 02:10 AM
Yah, too much caysh unfortuantly. I think our recieving corp is good right now, if we can add a Nance in the 3rd, it could give us an almost great core if he scores TD's the way he did in College....

MasterOfPuppets
04-06-2006, 02:35 AM
you guys do realize this walker talk is for nothing?

schoondog
04-06-2006, 02:49 AM
barry sanders has a better chance of retirement and O.J. admitting he killed Nicole then Walker being a steeler