PDA

View Full Version : Baltimore is retarded...

MDSteel15
12-03-2010, 11:00 AM
Baltimore's DJ's Mickey and Amelia on WBAL's 98 Rock have been on the radio all week trying to get fans to chant Sunday night "No Means No" during the game! He's a funny guy but this is getting to be like Duke's Cameron Crazies with the bags of sugar and other ignorant crap they do...

steelcity1974
12-03-2010, 11:03 AM
Classy

Atlanta Dan
12-03-2010, 11:06 AM
Baltimore's DJ's Mickey and Amelia on WBAL's 98 Rock have been on the radio all week trying to get fans to chant Sunday night "No Means No" during the game! He's a funny guy but this is getting to be like Duke's Cameron Crazies with the bags of sugar and other ignorant crap they do...

Do I detect some bitterness about Duke owning the Terps?:chuckle:

Glad I get to be a Duke and Steelers fan rather than have to root for a Ray Lewis/Gary Williams combo platter - that would be grim.

MDSteel15
12-03-2010, 11:38 AM
Great another Puke fan:banging:

Atlanta Dan
12-03-2010, 12:15 PM
Great another Puke fan:banging:

Yep - 4 NCs and a good shot at another this April

MDSteel15
12-03-2010, 12:26 PM
Yep - 4 NCs and a good shot at another this April

:blah: :blah: :blah: :blah:

Stillers43
12-03-2010, 12:44 PM
Go Steelers and Go Duke!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MDSteel15
12-03-2010, 12:46 PM
Liking Duke is like being a Patriots fan...... sad but trendy!

NYC_Steeler
12-03-2010, 12:52 PM
Go Steelers and Go Duke!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Count me in as a Duke fan as well.

And yes, the Baltimore radio jocks are idiots.

steeltheone
12-03-2010, 01:06 PM
It's really pretty funny....who cares what they think!

NYC_Steeler
12-03-2010, 01:11 PM

Wow! I've bee trendy for almost 30 years now! Cool....:sun::sun:

MDSteel15
12-03-2010, 01:41 PM
I can't wait until they fall flat on there upity asses... :popcorn:

Stu Pidasso
12-03-2010, 01:41 PM
Just to be devil's advocate here, do you hear some of the absolute crap on WDVE some of the time abou our opponents?

Atlanta Dan
12-03-2010, 02:03 PM

So I guess you do not root for where you went to school?:noidea:

Atlanta Dan
12-03-2010, 02:59 PM
The Baltimore rivalry with the Steelers is the best in the NFL and I know some of their fans get on my last nerve.

That having been said, while visiting enemy territory to read about the Ravens in The Sun I came across this sad story (some excerpts below) about a young man who senselessly was killed for his wallet and buried in a Ravens jersey. The parts that emphasize how much the extended family is into the Ravens reminded me that passion for your team and great fans obviously is not limited to Steelers Nation.

Props to the Ravens for signing the football for the family.

And so on the Saturday after Thanksgiving, Patrick Dolan went to his final resting place wearing his coveted No. 21 jersey of the Ravens cornerback a shirt he had worn during only one game before he was stabbed to death on a Baltimore street in Belair-Edison.

Patrick Dolan was Baltimore's 200th homicide victim this year. The 19-year-old had been on a city bus, missed his stop, gotten off and was walking back to a friend's house on Juneway. It was 10:45 on the morning of Nov. 23.

Relatives said a man asked Dolan for change for a $10 bill, then grabbed his wallet. He fought back and was stabbed in the chest and back...

After his death, a friend of a friend of a relative got to a friend of Lardarius Webb, woke him up with an early morning phone call and told him about Patrick Dolan, about the jersey, and about him being the 200th killing of 2010.

"It got to me," Webb said after practice Thursday at the Ravens' Owings Mills training center. "I didn't know whether to be scared, sad, happy, that he was being buried in my jersey. It was something new to me."

Webb, along with Ray Lewis, Ray Rice and others signed a football for the family. "We are playing for you this weekend," they wrote, referring to the Nov. 28 game against the Tampa Bay Buccaneers.

Said Webb, "For the family, I hope this can lift them up in any way possible, to help them move on."

The ball made it to Hampden in time for the viewing on Nov. 26, where mourners dressed in Ravens jerseys both to honor Dolan and to keep the tradition of "Purple Fridays." It now sits in a glass case in the parents' house, next to Irish heirlooms...

Dolan's youngest brother, 12-year-old Joseph, asked to keep the ball. And knowing Patrick would've readily given it to him had he been alive, the parents put it aside, and on display.

The Ravens tickets that the relative had slipped into William Dolan's pocket came with a sideline pass for pre-game festivities. Joseph got to stand on the field before the game dedicated to his brother, who had been buried in a Ravens jersey the day before..

"Patrick would've been so happy," his mother said.

http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/maryland/crime/bs-md-hermann-victim-ravens-20101201,0,2689337,full.story

MDSteel15
12-03-2010, 03:31 PM
So I guess you do not root for where you went to school?:noidea:

That's fine! But it's the little wanna be's that drive me nuts... I can understand if that's where you went :hatsoff:

Third Rail
12-03-2010, 03:41 PM
Sad story about that kid in Baltimore, and props to the Ravens for signing that football.

As for the thread topic... Mickey and A-man-lia are pieces of shit. I used to listen to their show when I worked in Baltimore just to remind myself of how much I hated the place and how much I needed to find another job. They are such a couple of tools. Anytime the Ravens beat the Steelers it's because the Steelers suck and the Ravens are oh-so-touch, but anytime Pittsburgh wins it's because of "the officials" or the fact that "the Ravens have been decimated with injuries." Sour grapes, bitches.

Merchant
12-03-2010, 04:35 PM
Bills fans were chanting "No Means No!" as well, i got it on video.

MDSteel15
12-03-2010, 04:45 PM
Sad story about that kid in Baltimore, and props to the Ravens for signing that football.

As for the thread topic... Mickey and A-man-lia are pieces of shit. I used to listen to their show when I worked in Baltimore just to remind myself of how much I hated the place and how much I needed to find another job. They are such a couple of tools. Anytime the Ravens beat the Steelers it's because the Steelers suck and the Ravens are oh-so-touch, but anytime Pittsburgh wins it's because of "the officials" or the fact that "the Ravens have been decimated with injuries." Sour grapes, bitches.

It's even worse now that Mickey announces all the Gayven games....

MDSteel15
12-03-2010, 04:51 PM
Bills fans were chanting "No Means No!" as well, i got it on video.

Losers.... should of been "0 and 4 and never gonna go, again....."

Atlanta Dan
12-03-2010, 05:19 PM
That's fine! But it's the little wanna be's that drive me nuts... I can understand if that's where you went :hatsoff:

Agreed the front runner fans for whomever is on top at the a moment (such as all the Lakers fans in Atlanta) are intolerable:drink:

MDSteel15
12-03-2010, 05:32 PM
Agreed the front runner fans for whomever is on top at the a moment (such as all the Lakers fans in Atlanta) are intolerable:drink:

LoL... Go Lakeshow!!!

Neil-Still-Rules-14
12-03-2010, 05:36 PM
It's alright....they won't be so worried about their little chants when Ben lights them up for 5 TDs in the first half a la 2007.

MDSteel15
12-03-2010, 05:48 PM
It's alright....they won't be so worried about their little chants when Ben lights them up for 5 TDs in the first half a la 2007.

Dude, love the screen name :chuckle:

Whodis
12-03-2010, 06:09 PM
I didn't know anyone listened to those idiots

Need4Sweed
12-03-2010, 09:20 PM
I live here in Raven country and i can personally tell you that the local radio stations really push anti Steelers sentiment. And what pisses me off most is every yr when the Steelers play in B-more, they always push some sorta Terrible Towel knock off. This yr will be a purple rally towel they will be handing out at the gate. How original...bums.

1/28/01
12-03-2010, 11:01 PM
I live here in Raven country and i can personally tell you that the local radio stations really push anti Steelers sentiment. And what pisses me off most is every yr when the Steelers play in B-more, they always push some sorta Terrible Towel knock off. This yr will be a purple rally towel they will be handing out at the gate. How original...bums.

Heeeeeeaaaaappppppp......I mean, Heeeeaaaattthhhh.

Just messin'