PDA

View Full Version : Predict the score

SH-Rock
12-03-2010, 04:15 PM
Predict the score for Sunday night's game.

As much as I like the Steelers, I'd have to go with the Ravens on this on. There is a lot of inconsistency on offense and the O-line and D-line is severely hurt.

24-17 Ravens

eafratitpm3
12-03-2010, 04:17 PM
23-9 Ravens Too many injuries and penalties. I hope I have to eat crow Monday morning. I just hope we show up and don't lay down for the Ravens.

Neil-Still-Rules-14
12-03-2010, 04:33 PM
16-13 Stillers

Shaun Suisham kicks a game winning field goal with no time left.

MDSteel15
12-03-2010, 04:35 PM
26-17 Steelers Suisham kicks his way into Steelers fans hearts! :chuckle: :tt03:

cubanstogie
12-03-2010, 04:36 PM
23-20 Steelers, I would rather be wrong then pick the Brownbirds.

grward
12-03-2010, 04:40 PM
13 - 3 Ravens, unfortunately. I really wish I had more faith in our offense, but right now I don't they can win this one. I think Ben's foot will limit his mobility and that combined with our make-shift o-line will be our downfall. It doesn't help that we are on the road.

joeyssteelcurtain
12-03-2010, 04:43 PM
28-17 steelers

pete74
12-03-2010, 06:23 PM
27-17 Steelers win.

MoneyMikeWallace
12-03-2010, 08:20 PM
We will probably come out swinging and be up 14-3 at the half. Typical lack of halftime adjustments will halt our scoring and Baltimore will mount a psuedo-comeback, which ultimately will fall short.

Final Score:
Steelers 20
Ravens 13

bobby jr
12-03-2010, 09:13 PM
I'm going to have to revise my prior prediction because it's going to be cold and windy in Baltimore on Sunday night. Not condusive to high scoring.
Ravens 16
Steelers 7.

(Same score as Super Bowl 3 when my beloved Colts lost to the Jets, but this time Baltimore is on the winning side of that score)

mikegrimey
12-03-2010, 09:15 PM
20-17 Ravens.

Hope I'm wrong.

1/28/01
12-03-2010, 09:54 PM
2-0 Ravens

SteelCityMom
12-03-2010, 10:01 PM
2-0 Ravens

:rofl: Nice...wouldn't surprise me either!

My prediction of the score is...one team is going to score more than the other.

Third Rail
12-04-2010, 02:24 AM
Steelers 33
Ravens 3

Light 'em up Ben.

Steeler4life1972
12-04-2010, 04:28 AM
No confidence in this game....too many issues for us....i think Ben will be sacked at least 7 times!!! 20-10 Ravens

joeyssteelcurtain
12-04-2010, 06:37 AM
Steelers 33
Ravens 3

Light 'em up Ben.

I would love it

shovelnose
12-04-2010, 10:11 AM
20-17 Steelers with a last second field goal.:tt02:

SoCalFan
12-04-2010, 10:55 AM
This WILL be a bounce back game for us!Our D will make a statement and shut down flacco.So to all you nay-sayers,low scoring game 13-6 black & gold!

thumper
12-04-2010, 12:49 PM
Only way I see Pgh winning is with an outstanding job by the D. With our crap play calling, shit O line and Ben hobbled, the offense isn't going to do much. After going on top of the Bills, 13-0, they became anemic on O. That was against the BILLS. What do you think will happen when facing the Ravens' D? We will need turnovers and maybe a score on D to have a chance. And....when you need your D to score to have a chance, your chances are not good. I am surprised how many posters in here are clear thinkers and not just hopeful yinzers.

Ravens - 19
Steelers - 13 (and it might be as lame as 9)

steelerchad
12-04-2010, 01:00 PM
24-13 Steelers. Steelers show up when backs are against the wall.

steeltheone
12-04-2010, 01:04 PM
27 to 13 Steelers

thumper
12-04-2010, 01:24 PM
24-13 Steelers. Steelers show up when backs are against the wall.

Their backs were against the wall last year and they couldn't even
beat Cleveland - then, arguably, the worst team in the league. Yea, that
was last year, but I'm just saying, they don't always come out winning
when they need it. If they change it up and go semi-no huddle, with
Ben calling his own plays, THEN they got a chance. If they don't do that,
Balt. is the overall stronger team. Flacco is no longer a weak link. And
that really makes them a much better team. When we had the huge QB
advantage, that was the difference. Now? We might not even have one,
consider Ben's bad wheel.

thumper
12-04-2010, 01:25 PM
27 to 13 Steelers

No way does anything like this even come close to happening,
unless we got tons of turnovers. No way.

ricardisimo
12-04-2010, 01:49 PM
:rofl: Nice...wouldn't surprise me either!

My prediction of the score is...one team is going to score more than the other.

http://www.acus.org/files/images/johnny-carson-carnak.jpg

I have no idea what the final score will be, but for all of you compulsive types who just have to bet on these games... 24-10 Steelers. And that's my...
http://moviecapper.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/07/smooth-jimmy-apollo2.jpg

DanRooney
12-04-2010, 01:52 PM
No way does anything like this even come close to happening,
unless we got tons of turnovers. No way.

I think we win and do so comfortably. Our D has been responding pretty well since their Tom Brady ass whipping. I can see Ben putting up a lot of points on their secondary so long as Sanders gets a majority of the snaps over Randle El. Brown should be a boost in punt returns too.

StainlessStill
12-04-2010, 03:52 PM
My scenerio:

Maybe the Steelers trailing late 17-13 in the 3rd QRT or so, getting a huge turnover that results in a score of 20-17, then adding a late 4th QRT FG to go ahead by a frail 6 points with a 23-17 lead which boils down to major dramatics at the end to stop Baltimore this time on their game winning drive. We shall see, should be another classic. These teams never disappoint.

23-17 Stillers.

Riddle_Of_Steel
12-04-2010, 04:03 PM
Ben is like 7-2 against the Ravens. Flacco is not that great, and the Ravens are also banged up right now. I can't believe I am hearing a bunch of Steelers fans betting against their own team....

SH-Rock
12-04-2010, 04:37 PM
Ben is like 7-2 against the Ravens. Flacco is not that great, and the Ravens are also banged up right now. I can't believe I am hearing a bunch of Steelers fans betting against their own team....

I think we can agree that statistics do not provide the full picture. The 8-3 Steelers are not as great as other 8-3 teams and the 2-9 Bills deserve more credit than their record.

Neil-Still-Rules-14
12-04-2010, 04:54 PM
Doesn't anybody remember when the Steelers lost to the Ravens, mainly because we had no QB and no K? We now have both of those things. I don't see what the problem is.

joeyssteelcurtain
12-04-2010, 05:48 PM

your right And if we play our A game we will win

pitt0wns
12-04-2010, 06:53 PM
24-13 Steelers

We know how to play the Ravens. Recent loses were without Big Ben.

All I'm worried about is our D. If they can hold them to under 17 pts we win easily.

I'm almost expecting a blow out we'll see. Any given sunday :)

thumper
12-04-2010, 06:55 PM

We aren't betting against, we are predicting against. Big difference.

thumper
12-04-2010, 06:57 PM
Doesn't anybody remember when the Steelers lost to the Ravens, mainly because we had no QB and no K? We now have both of those things. I don't see what the problem is.

In case you forgot, our OL is putrid, our QB in on one leg and
our play calling is horrid. Those are reasons to not be too
optimistic about this game.

ricardisimo
12-05-2010, 02:05 AM
In case you forgot, our OL is putrid, our QB in on one leg and
our play calling is horrid. Those are reasons to not be too
optimistic about this game.
You forgot to put that in sonnet form.

steelersalaska
12-05-2010, 02:18 AM
I say 7 points from special teams, 7 points by the D and 2 field goals by th O. 20 to 3 Pittsburgh.

SteelersNation
12-05-2010, 07:46 AM
Don't be homers guys. The Ravens have this one. As mentioned above, Ben is playing on one leg and our O-line sucks. Their pass rush sucks but I still just can't see us being productive in our current state.

Also we've gotten extremely lucky so far. We are no where near as good as our record indicates. We won a bunch of close games and had a lot of help from the refs (ex. Miami)

Ravens 35 Steelers 10

steelerdave1969
12-05-2010, 07:50 AM
23-20 Steelers, I would rather be wrong then pick the Brownbirds.

I have to say that I agree here Stogie . .

I think the game could get out of hand if Ben doesnt hold up. But this could be a Blessing in disquise with Bens' injury. His mobility will not be its usual and that means he is gonna have to make some quicker decisions that usual. I would love to see some 3 step drops and throws on a timely fashion to see if he can actually do it consistently cuz I dont know if I have ever seen him do it.

Steelers 16
Ravens 13

steelerdave1969
12-05-2010, 07:52 AM
Don't be homers guys. The Ravens have this one. As mentioned above, Ben is playing on one leg and our O-line sucks. Their pass rush sucks but I still just can't see us being productive in our current state.

Also we've gotten extremely lucky so far. We are no where near as good as our record indicates. We won a bunch of close games and had a lot of help from the refs (ex. Miami)

Ravens 35 Steelers 10

Hey waterboy . . maybe you should fill me in on these Refs Helping Us Out in these games . . Cuz I am not sure I have been watching the same Steelers games as you . . . I dont see anyway that the Ravens put up 35 points against this defense either.

Rick5895
12-05-2010, 10:01 AM
Don't be Homers, our QB is on 1 leg, our O Line is putrid.....WTF is going on around here.

Week 4 with the basically same O Line and Charlie freakin Batch we would have won except our idiot kicker (who is now gone) missed 2 field goals.

Now we have Ben back, have the sour taste of a very poor performance against Buffalo, Kiesel will be back and what seems to be a better kicker. It is in Baltimore so I will say a very narrow Steelers victory (as all these games are close) 19-17 Steelers.

The rest of you non - believers shut the f*** up!!!!!!!!!

Corey_J
12-05-2010, 10:06 AM
Ben played with the same Oline and hurt foot the whole second half and OT of last week ! I seen him make that 19 yard run for that 1st down and that proved to me he is a warrior that will do whatever it take s to win .
Steelers- 27
Deadbirds- 13

StainlessStill
12-05-2010, 10:16 AM
I love being underdawgs! Nothing better than seeing a Steelers team with a chip on their shoulder. I have a Joker-like evil smile on my face right now watching everyone pick us to get swept in embarrassing fashion.

And we have to wait until 8:20! DAMMIT.

joeyssteelcurtain
12-05-2010, 10:34 AM
I love being underdawgs! Nothing better than seeing a Steelers team with a chip on their shoulder. I have a Joker-like evil smile on my face right now watching everyone pick us to get swept in embarrassing fashion.

And we have to wait until 8:20! DAMMIT.

Yea i think we play better when underdogs i also think we will kick there ass
:tt04::tt04::tt04:

SH-Rock
12-05-2010, 11:02 AM
The Steelers are 0-2 at SNF for all you statistic lovers. So let's make it 1-2

StainlessStill
12-05-2010, 11:06 AM
The Steelers are 0-2 at SNF for all you statistic lovers. So let's make it 1-2

Somethings gotta give! We need a good showing in the National spotlight. Tonight would be a good start!

Third Rail
12-05-2010, 01:25 PM
I wouldn't care if we were 0-11 right now, I wouldn't pick the Ravens to win.

I know that everyone is calling us the underdogs right now because "we haven't beaten any good teams." Who have the Ravens beaten that makes people think they are so good? The beat the Jets in week 1 (when every team across the league was playing like shit, let's be honest) by 1 point and still only scored 10 in that game. They've beaten a bunch of bottom feeders and they just managed to beat us in the last seconds when we had a backup QB under center. On the other hand, they lost to the Bungles (where the almighty Joe Slacco threw four picks and Ratbird fans were calling for him to be benched for Marc Bulger).

Granted, the Steelers have beaten mostly bad-to-mediocre teams too, but we've only lost to two of the better teams in the league (Saints and Pats) and the Ravens.

As usual, the Ravens are overrated. IF they win tonight, I'll buy them as a legit team, but otherwise, it's just another case of the media trying to make them out to be better than they actually are. But they do that every damned year, why should 2010 be any different?

Steeler4life1972
12-05-2010, 01:37 PM
Ive said this in earlier posts but just not comfortable with our O line and Ben's busted wheel....Dont kill me for this prediction and hope to God im wrong....20-10 Ravens...Ravens will bring the house every other play.

SteelCityRules
12-05-2010, 03:37 PM
13-10 Stillers. ;) Hope it's not too windy.

1/28/01
12-05-2010, 04:12 PM
Ben played with the same Oline and hurt foot the whole second half and OT of last week ! I seen him make that 19 yard run for that 1st down and that proved to me he is a warrior that will do whatever it take s to win .
Steelers- 27
Deadbirds- 13

Are you proud of your signature? Wow....

lionslicer
12-05-2010, 04:29 PM
17-14 Steelers, scoring a last minute touchdown to Wallace

TRH
12-05-2010, 05:49 PM
here's how i think it'll go down going on recent history of the last 2 years (on average) :

1. Into the 4th quarter...game is fairly close, we may even be up a couple points.
2. We get the ball with a good solid 3 or 4 minutes left or something like that. This is where we need to get 1st downs - eat up the clock - SCORE (which we usually don't)
3. Either pass, pass, pass....or Mendy up the middle, up the middle, up the middle
4. We go 3 and out
5. They get the ball back with a couple minutes to go
6. They DO get 1st downs....we start playing that ridiculous zone pass defense.....They pass on us right down the field like nobody's business
7. They score with a needed TD or even field goal
8. Ravens win due to our 4th quarter hijinks (or lackthereof more like it....)
9. Ravens......20-17

Sound familiar???

Hope i'm wrong......

bobby jr
12-05-2010, 05:56 PM
I wouldn't care if we were 0-11 right now, I wouldn't pick the Ravens to win.

I know that everyone is calling us the underdogs right now because "we haven't beaten any good teams." Who have the Ravens beaten that makes people think they are so good? The beat the Jets in week 1 (when every team across the league was playing like shit, let's be honest) by 1 point and still only scored 10 in that game. They've beaten a bunch of bottom feeders and they just managed to beat us in the last seconds when we had a backup QB under center. On the other hand, they lost to the Bungles (where the almighty Joe Slacco threw four picks and Ratbird fans were calling for him to be benched for Marc Bulger).

Granted, the Steelers have beaten mostly bad-to-mediocre teams too, but we've only lost to two of the better teams in the league (Saints and Pats) and the Ravens.

As usual, the Ravens are overrated. IF they win tonight, I'll buy them as a legit team, but otherwise, it's just another case of the media trying to make them out to be better than they actually are. But they do that every damned year, why should 2010 be any different?

The "overrated" Ravens have playoff wins the last two years and beat the Steelers in Heinz field this year. If anything they are underrated, as they have not played up to their potential yet still are leading the division.

I won't guarantee a Ravens victory because anything can happen in an NFL game.
But I'd say they have about a 90% chance of winning this game tonight. And I'm predicting 16-7.

SteelCityRules
12-05-2010, 10:47 PM
13-10 Stillers. ;) Hope it's not too windy.

lol I got one right! 1st time for everything. lol :applaudit:

SH-Rock
12-05-2010, 10:48 PM
YES I WAS PROVEN WRONG!

TRH
12-05-2010, 10:49 PM
we outplayed them and we were more physical in the end.
We win.

StainlessStill
12-05-2010, 10:56 PM
I'm proud of this. You CAN'T get a more spot on analysis!

My scenerio:

Maybe the Steelers trailing late 17-13 in the 3rd QRT or so, getting a huge turnover that results in a score of 20-17, then adding a late 4th QRT FG to go ahead by a frail 6 points with a 23-17 lead which boils down to major dramatics at the end to stop Baltimore this time on their game winning drive. We shall see, should be another classic. These teams never disappoint.

:tt04:

btaylor179
12-05-2010, 10:58 PM
13 - 10 troy causes a fumble and we win

Rick5895
12-05-2010, 11:21 PM
The "overrated" Ravens have playoff wins the last two years and beat the Steelers in Heinz field this year. If anything they are underrated, as they have not played up to their potential yet still are leading the division.

I won't guarantee a Ravens victory because anything can happen in an NFL game.
But I'd say they have about a 90% chance of winning this game tonight. And I'm predicting 16-7.

Once again I will say this.......If we want to hear from a clown we will go to the circus!!!!!!