PDA

View Full Version : I'll be honest...

MikeHaullace
12-05-2010, 06:34 PM
With losses today by the Colts, Chargers, and Dolphins, I feel a whole lot better about the Steelers playing in the playoffs this year.

lionslicer
12-05-2010, 06:37 PM
Making to the playoffs isn't the problem, its winning I'm worried about.

SteelCityMom
12-05-2010, 06:37 PM
With losses today by the Colts, Chargers, Titans, and Dolphins, I feel a whole lot better about the Steelers playing in the playoffs this year.

Man, you aren't kidding. I mean, a win tonight would make things A LOT easier...but Colts and Chargers losing pretty much makes anyones playoff trip that much easier.

Steeler4life1972
12-05-2010, 06:42 PM
Ok guys...we need to quit focusing on others and just control our own destiny and just win....we have to take care of business!!

Atlanta Dan
12-05-2010, 06:44 PM
Was planning to post on this and you beat me to it - lots of channel changing on Sunday Ticket between the Falcons, Chargers and Colts late this afternoon - all three games with happy endings:thumbsup:

I am amazed by the Chargers loss - classic trap game after winning in Indy and the Chiefs coming to town next week - this loss might finally get Norv fired

Back to back 4 INT games for Peyton Manning:jawdrop:

Not giving up hope tonight, but 11-5 will get a wildcard - would be sweet if any wildcard road trip was to KC or Jax rather than San Diego or Indy

MikeHaullace
12-05-2010, 06:47 PM
Ok guys...we need to quit focusing on others and just control our own destiny and just win....we have to take care of business!!

Not focus on facts that make controlling one's destiny that much easier? No thanks.

But see, you're probably going into this game hoping more for a win than you have in quite some time.

I... I am going in expecting to come out with a loss and battle for the #6 playoff spot.

With a healthy Ben, I might share your enthusiasm. I just can't.

So I will take solace in knowing that the 3 closest teams to the #6 spot all lost, meaning, if the playoffs started noon Sunday next week, Steelers are in.

You'll see this become more and more important in the coming games.

MikeHaullace
12-05-2010, 06:48 PM
but 11-5 will get a wildcard - would be sweet if any wildcard road trip was to KC or Jax rather than San Diego or Indy

Absolutely this.

Tulsa
12-05-2010, 06:49 PM
Peyton to me is a classic over-thinker. An OC calling plays for him committed to a sustained running game would help him a great deal. I know they've had injuries to their RB's. But even if they were healthy, to me he's the same way. Trying to get the perfect play call that will lead to a bomb for a touchdown. Just hit the ball, Sergio.

bobby jr
12-05-2010, 06:50 PM
Well I'm a Ravens fan but I can agree that I enjoy seeing the Colts lose yet again tonight. 4 interceptions by Manning including a game loser in OT. So I will grant the Steelers a wild card so long as the Colts are eliminated.

MikeHaullace
Making to the playoffs isn't the problem, its winning I'm worried about.

We all know anything can happen once you're in the tournament.

I feel this team is truly capable of winning in the playoffs **IF**

1.) They do not sustain any more significant injuries.
2.) Those that should be healthy and back for the playoffs are indeed healthy and back.

This season is becoming interesting.

GMU Steeler
Yeah I am glad to see this. I do agree we have to control our own destiny but as fans we have the luxury of being able to look over our shoulders and see how our rivals are doing. Totally up in the air who we'll be playing in the playoffs because the division is far from settled.

MikeHaullace
12-05-2010, 06:51 PM
Well I'm a Ravens fan but I can agree that I enjoy seeing the Colts lose yet again tonight. 4 interceptions by Manning including a game loser in OT. So I will grant the Steelers a wild card so long as the Colts are eliminated.

http://i.imgur.com/ucU63.jpg

GMU Steeler
12-05-2010, 06:54 PM
On a serious note what a heartbreaker for the Colts, they score 21 points in the 4th quarter only for Manning to throw a costly pick in OT. Not that I am complaining.

iceman000123
12-05-2010, 06:59 PM
I don't expect a loss here. Many people thought coming into the season without Ben that we would be no better then 1-3 with out him well we sure showed him. So why expect anything less then a victory here? It's gonna be a tough and physical game. But against the Ravens when is it ever?

joeyssteelcurtain
12-05-2010, 07:01 PM
Absolutely this.

I would love them to play Jax i live about 2 hours from there

MikeHaullace
12-05-2010, 07:03 PM
I would love them to play Jax i live about 2 hours from there

That would be ideal.

joeyssteelcurtain
12-05-2010, 07:05 PM
That would be ideal.

Dont get me wrong i would rather have the bye but if we do play on the road i hope its Jax

lionslicer
12-05-2010, 07:07 PM
We all know anything can happen once you're in the tournament.

I feel this team is truly capable of winning in the playoffs **IF**

1.) They do not sustain any more significant injuries.
2.) Those that should be healthy and back for the playoffs are indeed healthy and back.

This season is becoming interesting.

More like if they don't play the Patriots

lionslicer
12-05-2010, 07:11 PM
That would be ideal.

Steelers/Jags games are always pretty good, I'd like to see them get revenge for the heartbreaking loss in 2007.

Atlanta Dan
12-05-2010, 07:12 PM
Saint Tony Dungy whistling through the graveyard and stating the Colts will win out to make the playoffs - maybe he can lobby Goodell for some more rules changes to make it happen

Steeler4life1972
12-05-2010, 07:14 PM
Not focus on facts that make controlling one's destiny that much easier? No thanks.

But see, you're probably going into this game hoping more for a win than you have in quite some time.

I... I am going in expecting to come out with a loss and battle for the #6 playoff spot.

With a healthy Ben, I might share your enthusiasm. I just can't.

So I will take solace in knowing that the 3 closest teams to the #6 spot all lost, meaning, if the playoffs started noon Sunday next week, Steelers are in.

You'll see this become more and more important in the coming games.

But if you have read some of my previous posts I do believe we lose this game 20-10...but Im still very hopeful. If they didnt make some major adjustments during this week's practice its gonna be a long night but I do pray to God I'm wrong about my prediction! :tt04:

Atlanta Dan
12-05-2010, 07:16 PM

INT in OT by Sean Lee of Upper St. Clair & Penn State:thumbsup:

Fire Arians
12-05-2010, 07:27 PM
im afraid of facing the patriots again. none of the other teams scare me

TRH
12-05-2010, 08:47 PM
im afraid of facing the patriots again. none of the other teams scare me

well, we're not looking good against any of the good teams we play.