PDA

View Full Version : Noncalls

Hirsch
12-05-2010, 10:06 PM
WOW a blow to the head , broken nose and no flag! If our player even touches the back of the head of the opposing QB we get a 15 yard unsportsman like conduct penalty . How bad is that ! Even Chris Colins was making coments about it and the holding.

caseydog
12-05-2010, 10:43 PM
Heath just got a forearm and helmet the the face, and no call.

It seems like the new rules seem to be, do what you want to the Steelers, and penalize and fine the Steelers as much as possible.

Break the nose of his royal highness and fashion model Brady, and you'll be banned for the season.

CD

steelers2685
12-05-2010, 10:54 PM
Hard to believe that illegal hands to the face of a quarterback and a near career-ending / possible paralyzation play are somehow not called in this game. Thank God this game is nationally televised so that everyone can see this transpire. I refrained from sending a letter to NFL Headquarters expressing my discontent with their fairness in policies and an ultimate bias against my home team, but after tonight's game I have had it!!! It is so unfortunate that the NFL is doing this to the Steelers. IMHO, Mike Tomlin should have ran out on that field, got the refs flag, and threw it himself. I just cannot believe these penalties that should be for us are so blatantly NOT being called.

AndyWitmyer
12-05-2010, 11:24 PM
The NFL isn't trying to hide their bias against the Steelers any longer. I used to joke about it... that the refs seemed to be out to get us these last 5 games or so. That despite the ever growing situation with Harrison (and others on the team), it was probably just a coincidence that number of flags have been increasing exponentially.

After what happened to Heath, it's PAINFULLY OBVIOUS that the refs turned a blind eye on a defenseless receiver who was almost seriously injured by a blatantly illegal tackle. No flags... and there probably won't be a fine. And that's not even taking into consideration the hit Ben took to the face. His nose was not only bleeding, but looked DISFIGURED. His nose was CLEARLY broken by a Raven's player who (whether intentionally or not) landed an illegal blow to our quarterback's face.

I know it's been said already, but I think it's worth noting as many times as it takes: If this had been Brady, our player would have been fined (and, if Harrison, ejected) - can you imagine it? Brady with a bent up nose - broken and bleeding. Hell, Goodell might have gone so far as to pursue a criminal investigation of the hit, charging one of our Steelers with felony assault.

I was just kidding about the last part (I hope). But, for all of those people out there insisting that the league is out to get us this time year - this game against the Ravens could very well be the smoking gun.

I'm not big on conspiracies, personally.... but something is definitely wrong here. Something stinks - and, this time, it's not just the play-calling. I think this runs deeper than any of us know. The hypocrisy is stunning - either the refs are unbelievably inept - or they're getting directions from higher up. It sure looks like someone is trying their damnest to crucify this team and, in doing so, turn them into an example. The powers that be want to change the league from the ground up - and who better to humble than a team as storied and successful as Pittsburgh.

4xSBChamps
12-05-2010, 11:24 PM
Even Chris Collinsworth was making coments about it and the holding.

Usually, Collinsworth doesn't know the difference between crap & apple-butter, so if he recognized it, you know it had to be obvious

AndyWitmyer
12-05-2010, 11:36 PM
Sorry, I didn't notice your thread when I made my similarly themed conspiracy theory! But I obviously agree with everything you stated. This whole situation is getting ridiculous.

BUT AT LEAST WE WON IN SPITE OF THE PAID REFS!!!!

SH-Rock
12-05-2010, 11:37 PM
And what about the hit by Suggs, that was as blatant as helmet hit as anything.

jjpro11
12-05-2010, 11:37 PM
you can't hold our boys down! **** off!

steelers2685
12-05-2010, 11:38 PM
... yet we prevail again! WOO!!! Thank goodness for heart and determination!

lionslicer
12-05-2010, 11:38 PM
The head of officials did tell Al and Chris that it should have been a flag on the Miller hit. Actally surprised he admitted that, but its obviously who the NFL wants to win...

madtowndrunkard
12-05-2010, 11:47 PM
The head of officials did tell Al and Chris that it should have been a flag on the Miller hit. Actally surprised he admitted that, but its obviously who the NFL wants to win...

Of course it should have been a flag. But instead it will be just a fine. I could care less what that guy's income is..... the only thing that matters is winning the game. NOT throwing the flag w/ the official watching it happen right in front of his face is unbelievable. 15 yards right there would have put us in a great position to score a TD. It's not as if these are ticky tack calls...or so border line that it would be easy to miss. The friggen ball was on the ground....the dude takes 2 steps and practically rips off Heath's head. I'm stunned. I've never seen anything like that.

steelers2685
12-05-2010, 11:49 PM
Start fining these refs then, that's what I say!!!

James Harrison's post-game comment when asked about the hit to Heath:

"9 times out of 10, had that been me, I'd have been flagged and fined".

... isn't that the truth?? *shakes head in shame

MillerMania83
12-05-2010, 11:50 PM
3 blatant calls that should/could have been called against the Ravens and NONE were....The 2 blows to Ben's head (the one late that the Raven almost got his hand under Ben's helmet) and the total illegal hit to the head on Heath Miller....I was like most on here, didn't believe the conspiracy thoery stuff, buit after the last 4-5 games (and being at the Raider game myself) there is ABSOLUTELY somthing wrong going on here....The ref's/NFL are absolutely targeting the Steelers, and you can't tell me otherwise....Like a poster said, glad this game was on national TV tonight so everyone can see the BS that the Steeler's have been putting up with for over a month now.

jjpro11
12-05-2010, 11:51 PM
Start fining these refs then, that's what I say!!!

he'll have a $25k fine coming his way for calling out the officials. lol

madtowndrunkard
12-05-2010, 11:52 PM
Anyone have TIVO? .....On the play where Essex recovered the fumble. I'm pretty sure there should have been two flags on that play. One for a hand shot to the head on Ben and one for the horse collar tackle on Essex. Nothing of course was called.

MillerMania83
12-05-2010, 11:52 PM
[/I]Start fining these refs then, that's what I say!!!

I said the same thing to my wife watching the game after the Miller hit, START FINING the referee's....Maybe then they'll start calling the game fairly for BOTH teams....Seriously, they should, get the players union on board and make a HUGE push for this, cuz honestly this has been the worst offciated season I have ever seen in the NFL, it's actually pitiful

jjpro11
12-05-2010, 11:53 PM
Anyone have TIVO? .....On the play where Essex recovered the fumble. I'm pretty sure there should have been two flags on that play. One for a hand shot to the head on Ben and one for the horse collar tackle on Essex. Nothing of course was called.

that was Kemo.. and we were screaming for one too.

btaylor179
12-05-2010, 11:53 PM
its us against the nfl......thats why we win ring #7

madtowndrunkard
12-05-2010, 11:57 PM
3 blatant calls that should/could have been called against the Ravens and NONE were....The 2 blows to Ben's head (the one late that the Raven almost got his hand under Ben's helmet) and the total illegal hit to the head on Heath Miller....I was like most on here, didn't believe the conspiracy thoery stuff, buit after the last 4-5 games (and being at the Raider game myself) there is ABSOLUTELY somthing wrong going on here....The ref's/NFL are absolutely targeting the Steelers, and you can't tell me otherwise....Like a poster said, glad this game was on national TV tonight so everyone can see the BS that the Steeler's have been putting up with for over a month now.

I recall 4 blatant calls.... the 3 you mentioned (ben's punch to the nose, Suggs grabbing Ben's helmet, Heath's head shot, and the horse collar tackle on KEMO when he recovered Redmans fumble) That's not counting the many holding calls that were ignored...and the push off by Mason on a crucial 3rd and long.

AndyWitmyer
12-06-2010, 12:00 AM

THey had to "admit it" - and by admitting I mean, tell everyone it was a simple error. Can't have the nation actually believing the refs are taking orders from the powers that be. The lack of a flag on that play was so egregious - and so obviously ignored - that they almost HAD to come out and admit the call was missed.

In other words: it's hardly an admission when the error was premeditated.

4xSBChamps
12-06-2010, 12:00 AM

"... PERSONAL-FOUL... 92, defense...

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y272/Glensgages/football/NFLOfficial.jpg

... unnecessary telling of the truth... $25,000 fine..."

btaylor179
12-06-2010, 12:01 AM
i love this shit!!!!!!

madtowndrunkard
12-06-2010, 12:08 AM
THey had to "admit it" - and by admitting I mean, tell everyone it was a simple error. Can't have the nation actually believing the refs are taking orders from the powers that be. The lack of a flag on that play was so egregious - and so obviously ignored - that they almost HAD to come out and admit the call was missed.

In other words: it's hardly an admission when said admission is a red herring.

Yea........here's a good example. I'm in my car at a red light. I see Mr. Goodell walking across the street....(natural reaction) I floor it, blow the red light and plaster Mr. Goodell to my bumper, his head literally flies off his body. This happens right in front of a cop. The Pittsburgh cop looks....puts his blinker on and drives off like nothing happened. Later Pittsburgh officials view the street tape that clearly shows me running down the commissioner. Reaction: " well yea Mr. Drunkard should have been arrested for that.....we'll mail him a ticket for failure to yield. Hopefully he learns his lesson"

4xSBChamps
12-06-2010, 12:18 AM
Yea........here's a good example. I'm in my car at a red light. I see Mr. Goodell walking across the street....(natural reaction) I floor it, blow the red light and plaster Mr. Goodell to my bumper, his head literally flies off his body. This happens right in front of a cop. The Pittsburgh cop looks....puts his blinker on and drives off like nothing happened. Later Pittsburgh officials view the street tape that clearly shows me running down the commissioner. Reaction: " well yea Mr. Drunkard should have been arrested for that.....we'll mail him a ticket for failure to yield. Hopefully he learns his lesson"

"... when you struck Mr. Goodell, was he in a defenseless position?"

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y272/Glensgages/movies/BruceWillis-StrikingDistance.jpg

BIGWILL
12-06-2010, 12:18 AM
F*ck the NFL and there refs. :tt:

steelers2685
12-06-2010, 12:23 AM

I was just coming back on here to post that horse collar as well since I forgot to mention it earlier. There was another horse collar too but on a different play, don't remember the exact instance though.

As I read somewhere online a few minutes ago: "Refs don't call personal fouls on us now, they just call holding on the plays that matter, or the illegal formation" :banging:

steelers2685
12-06-2010, 12:25 AM

In other words: it's hardly an admission when the error was premeditated.

Notice how they quickly admitted it on national TV. If it were a 1:00 Sunday game you'd have heard nothing about it. In other words, I completely agree with you.

madtowndrunkard
12-06-2010, 12:26 AM
"... when you struck Mr. Goodell, was he in a defenseless position?"

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y272/Glensgages/movies/BruceWillis-StrikingDistance.jpg

Well the way I've dreamed it....he never saw it coming.

casteeler
12-06-2010, 12:26 AM
The Rooneys NEED to take control and start asking questions about why these calls and no calls are taking place. It upsets me that Tomlin doesn't stand up for his players, come on man! How can this organization allow these obvious infractions go unmentioned in meetings with NFL officials ? I can't put into words how upset I am about all of this.Something has to be done and the ONLY words that will be heard are those of the Pittsburgh Steeler owners

4xSBChamps
12-06-2010, 12:29 AM
As I read somewhere online a few minutes ago: "Refs don't call personal fouls on us now, they just call holding on the plays that matter, or the illegal formation" :banging:

the officials could've flagged the Purple-Browns a dozen times (maybe-more) tonight, because both of their Offensive Tackles routinely broke their stance before the ball was snapped, in an effort to get better angles on Steeler blitzers

on another note... to take Ms. Goodell's rules to their fullest extent, watch the play when Polamalu strips the ball from Flacco ~ if you follow Nancy-boy's rules to the letter, Polamalu's facemask made contact with the back of Flacco's helmet, and therefore should've been penalized for helmet-to-helmet contact

madtowndrunkard
12-06-2010, 12:32 AM
Just off the top of my head....the last 5 weeks we have been jobbed by the officials 4 weeks. The only week were I can't recall getting totally screwed....the game when NE destroyed us. I'm not sure what to make of that. Because typically when a fan is crying about the refs...his team lost. But then again that game was such a blow out the refs really didn't need to help.

Still 4 out of the last 5 weeks we get screwed by the refs....that's more then coincidence. Its' statistically almost impossible. I guess we'll just wait for the 4 straight games when the refs totally help us win. It should all even out right? LMFAO.

It started in Cinci in the 4th quarter. That was when the officials were clearly trying to stop us from wining and calling a fair game.

iceman000123
12-06-2010, 12:32 AM
Hopefully after tonights game Goodell gets put on blast. What happen this game....smh...I better not hear anything about Steelers getting help from the refs.

Steelboy84
12-06-2010, 12:33 AM
Not sure if someone has posted it yet, but the Ravens had a third down early in the game and #73 false started, but no call.

madtowndrunkard
12-06-2010, 12:33 AM
the officials could've flagged the Purple-Browns a dozen times (maybe-more) tonight, because both of their Offensive Tackles routinely broke their stance before the ball was snapped, in an effort to get better angles on Steeler blitzers

on another note... to take Ms. Goodell's rules to their fullest extent, watch the play when Polamalu strips the ball from Flacco ~ if you follow Nancy-boy's rules to the letter, Polamalu's facemask made contact with the back of Flacco's helmet, and therefore should've been penalized for helmet-to-helmet contact

Don't worry, he'll be fined $100,000 and possibly suspended.

madtowndrunkard
12-06-2010, 12:34 AM
Not sure if someone has posted it yet, but the Ravens had a third down early in the game and #73 false started, but no call.

Well dude...it's not easy to catch that.

ZoneBlitzer
(warning: contains sarcasm.) Hey come on guys. The Steelers are getting the "should have" calls. Like when Al Michaels said, "We just heard from the VP of officiating and he said that the hit on Heath should have been a penalty..." - that's gotta count for something. I feel comforted knowing that the NFL knows that the officials are missing all the calls for the Steelers. It shows that the league knows what they're doing...or should have known.

Fire Arians
it's only unnecessary roughness if the steelers do it. haven't we learned this by the 2nd game of the season?

ZoneBlitzer
12-06-2010, 12:37 AM
Also the hit on Ben wasn't hands to the face. It hit his nose which is rises above the face by about a few inches.

4xSBChamps
12-06-2010, 12:38 AM
(warning: contains sarcasm.) Hey come on guys. The Steelers are getting the "should have" calls. Like when Al Michaels said, "We just heard from the VP of officiating and he said that the hit on Heath should have been a penalty..." - that's gotta count for something. I feel comforted knowing that the NFL knows that the officials are missing all the calls for the Steelers. It shows that the league knows what they're doing...or should have known.

... did they ever figure-out who won the coin-flip before OT on Thanksgiving Day 1998?

madtowndrunkard
12-06-2010, 12:41 AM
... did they ever figure-out who won the coin-flip before OT on Thanksgiving Day 1998?

I think Bettis was fined for that actually. Unnecessary ruffing of the coin....I think he might have stepped on the coin when running to his side of the field.

4xSBChamps
12-06-2010, 12:41 AM
Also the hit on Ben wasn't hands to the face. It hit his nose which is rises above the face by about a few inches.

... if Roethlisberger wouldn't have lead with his head, that blow woulda struck his shoulder...

Steelerfreak58
12-06-2010, 12:44 AM
You know the Steelers got legitimate beef when Chris Collinsworth is calling out the refs lack of officiating blatant fouls.

madtowndrunkard
12-06-2010, 12:44 AM
... if Roethlisberger wouldn't have lead with his head, that blow woulda struck his shoulder...

Well, in all seriousness, I'd flag Ben for that face of his as well. He's not the prettiest player on the field. Kemo thinks hes ugly.....with or with out a crooked nose.

steelers2685
12-06-2010, 12:45 AM
So on NFL Network's postgame show Deion Sanders is standing up for McClain saying he led with his arms on the Heath Miller hit. Now, if I'm not mistaken, just because one leads with his hands rather than his helmet doesn't allow for impacting a defenseless receiver does it?

Also, ESPN, Trent Dilfer reiterated how in the world could the refs had called pass interference when the ball was uncatchable? Did the NFL do away with that aspect as well this year? For I've seen a couple calls of P.I. made that the ball should have been ruled uncatchable. Let me guess, now they're wanting to ensure the player's feelings don't get hurt either if they believe they could have caught it without begin tagged? Pah-lease.

4xSBChamps
12-06-2010, 12:49 AM
So on NFL Network's postgame show Deion Sanders is standing up for McClain saying he led with his arms on the Heath Miller hit.

... any show that has that guy discussing hitting or tackling loses all credibility...

madtowndrunkard
12-06-2010, 12:53 AM
... any show that has that guy discussing hitting or tackling loses all credibility...

Michelle Wie was breaking down film....she also thought everything looked fine.

steelers2685
12-06-2010, 12:57 AM

Michelle Wie was breaking down film....she also thought everything looked fine.

LOL! I agree. Just shows how many Steeler haters are out there though that someone could be obnoxious enough to say nothing was wrong with that.

12+88=6
12-06-2010, 01:05 AM
did anyone else notice ray rice grabbing troy's facemask while they were in the endzone just before flaco threw the deep pass to boldin?or this one and this one and this one etc, etc, etc,..... just be glad they didn't cost us the game. it's just sooo frustrating watching it and be helpless to do anything about it.

Countryboy89x
There is no way this can keep going on this way. These illegal hits are unfortunate and it is sad to see injuries result from them. Especially when no flags were called. All I can say is that it didn't stop the Steelers from beating the Ravens tonight! We all can be proud of such a hard fought game and victory!

tanda10506
Can't believe the Miller no call. I didn't think the hit on Ben's nose was intentional and I don't think it should be called, but you know it would have been if it was any of our players doing that to any QB. I thought the refs did a lot better I must say. Damn, so thankful Miller isn't paralyzed, he's a good guy.

BGSU A Dub
12-06-2010, 01:25 AM
What the announcers didn't tell you is that the quote from the head referee was taken out of context. The actual quote probably went something like this:

"Boy, I got nervous the back judge was going to throw the flag on that play. I was really worried that he thought ::takes a shot:: there should have been a flag on that play"

scsteeler
12-06-2010, 01:41 AM
Hard to believe that illegal hands to the face of a quarterback and a near career-ending / possible paralyzation play are somehow not called in this game. Thank God this game is nationally televised so that everyone can see this transpire. I refrained from sending a letter to NFL Headquarters expressing my discontent with their fairness in policies and an ultimate bias against my home team, but after tonight's game I have had it!!! It is so unfortunate that the NFL is doing this to the Steelers. IMHO, Mike Tomlin should have ran out on that field, got the refs flag, and threw it himself. I just cannot believe these penalties that should be for us are so blatantly NOT being called.

I have sent letters and they will not be answered. Tomlin understands you just got to deal with it cause if you complain it gets worse.

Steel_Bus_24
12-06-2010, 01:52 AM
Yeah its just freaking ridiculous...........

and it makes it even harder to endure when you got biased media and fans telling us to stop complaining about it because......

1. Bens a Rapists and deserves it

2. The Steelers always get the calls and were handed 2 SBs

KitsapSteve
12-06-2010, 03:56 AM
The one thing That Must happen, NFL needs to allow the referees in a game, the usage of Instant reply on a call like Ben or Miller.. Come on there is Blood all over the place, Ben still had a helmet on and NO call... at least in hockey when they see blood you get a penalty now... at least a Blow to the head, then on Heath Miller , it was so obvious is hurt to watch and then NO CALL...NFL needs to show NO favoritism and call the call, if you club a QB its a call, If the helmet stuck a player as one of the announcers said, its a call...

toughsticks87
12-06-2010, 04:00 AM
A little off topic, but it really puzzles me why penalties can't be challenged or overturned.

ricardisimo
12-06-2010, 04:03 AM
Even the Ravens fans on their own forum (http://forums.extremeravens.com/index.php?showtopic=2289) are admitting the non-calls:
This game is one of the biggest of the year with a lot on the line and that's the effort we had? They were beat up and battered, we received numerous calls that helped us, and a number of non-calls that helped (can we please stop whining about the officials now, we have had a pretty beneficial year from them), and they dropped a few key 3rd down passes. Yet we put up a measly 10 points letting them hang around then serve up the game on a silver platter to them.

4xSBChamps
12-06-2010, 08:08 AM
did anyone else notice ray rice grabbing troy's facemask while they were in the endzone just before flaco threw the deep pass to boldin?

:wave:

I commented on that when the replay was shown ~ offensive holding, or an offensive facemask, in the endzone, is a safety