12-05-2010, 11:36 PM
Polamalu!

That was for you Heath!

Steel-Bryan
12-05-2010, 11:37 PM
Polamalu! :tt03: :tt03: :tt03:

caseydog
12-05-2010, 11:38 PM
Troy. He made THE play that changed the game.

Pat on the back for Ben for showing some Terry Bradshaw toughness.

CD

Stu Pidasso
12-05-2010, 11:39 PM
SUISHAM!!!

Without his clutch punting, Ravens would have had a LOT better field position to start off with. AND he had to rekick multiple times.

GMU Steeler
12-05-2010, 11:40 PM
Polamalu. Strip sack was huge.

SteelCityMom
12-05-2010, 11:42 PM
Definitely Polamalu...that was a game saver.

SH-Rock
12-05-2010, 11:42 PM
Two straight games Polamalu has saved our asses.
Thank god for this beast.

AndyWitmyer
12-05-2010, 11:43 PM
So many...

Ben for making it through the game in spite of his wounded foot and (illegally) broken nose. He was obviously playing at his highest level, but considering the circumstances... his limited mobility... his shattered O-line... he was able to keep his chin up and soldier on. I think he proved himself a good leader this game - rallying the guys (especially Redman) when everything looked like it was going wrong. He also made progressively better decisions as the game went on, throwing away the ball more often than not. He still made some poor decisions here and there, and he did get sacked more than he should have (the offense was, again, pretty banged up) but, overall... he managed to avoid a lot of potential sacks (and, perhaps, even a strip) - and he did so by making better decisions.

Runners-up: Redman, Polamalu, Mendenhall, and (I know some will disagree, mainly because of some of his kickoffs) also Suisham.

Corey_J
12-05-2010, 11:43 PM
Big Ben ! He cant walk straight or see straight ! Well done man !!!!!!!!!!!

PhantomJB93
12-05-2010, 11:44 PM
Polamalu for his karate-chop fumble

Suisham gets a close second for the FG and his makeshift punting duties

SmashmouthFootball
12-05-2010, 11:46 PM
Defense- Troy
Special Teams- Swishy
Offense- Ben

Generally, that's the formula we've used to win big games and win superbowls. Good placekicking, big defensive plays, and an offense that gets it done when it truly counts. Hopefully this game propels that formula to once again become a mainstay in all of our games.

TRH
12-05-2010, 11:48 PM
I'd like to give it to Ben....but you have to give the game ball to Troy. He doesn't make that play....we don't win. Period.

AndyWitmyer
SUISHAM!!!

Without his clutch punting, Ravens would have had a LOT better field position to start off with. AND he had to rekick multiple times.

I'm so glad you said that - while I ultimately gave my game ball to Ben, I still give major props to our kicker! I was starting to wonder if maybe I was the only one with the courage to give the guy some credit. When Suisham was signed, a lot of people made fun of him and criticized that decision - I'll admit, I wasn't sure about the guy - but I think he's EXCEEDED all expectations. Reed may have been sucking this year, but it was still pretty big shoes to fill, seeing as how Reed used to be clutch. But Suisham is proving himself to be, in every way, an improvement over his predecessor. And your right, his clutch punting was a pleasant surprise. :hatsoff:

pitt0wns
Coin Toss

cut the ball in 1/2

Big Ben and Polamalu

StainlessStill
12-05-2010, 11:50 PM
There's a lot to go around. Troy, Ben, Susiham, YOU NAME IT! All well deserved. Man, what a win!!!!!

cloppbeast
12-05-2010, 11:51 PM
Ben.

He played hard despite a 'broken' foot and a 'broken' nose. I was really impressed by his pocket presence. He wasn't looking to run around like a chicken with head cut off like normal - he actually stayed in the pocket and threw the ball away if nothing was there. Hopefully he can keep it up.

Great comeback.

Honorable mention to Troy.

Raw Steel
12-05-2010, 11:53 PM
Issac Redman gets some consideration. Ben found 9 different receivers tonight. I don't remember that happening before.

toughsticks87
Front seven for keeping the pressure on all game.

SteelerEmpire
Troy...

btaylor179
12-05-2010, 11:55 PM
suisham is the MAN

Neil-Still-Rules-14
12-05-2010, 11:55 PM
He played hard despite a 'broken' foot and a 'broken' nose. I was really impressed by his pocket presence..

I don't see why there are quotation marks here. But my three stars are:
1. Ben
2. Polamalu
3. Suisham

SoCalFan
12-05-2010, 11:56 PM
Maybe a team game ball,that patchwork O-line needs some credit!O.k,everyone except Mc Fadden!

MillerMania83
12-05-2010, 11:57 PM
Ya have to give it to Troy, he made the play of the game, but Ben get's a close second from me, as #7 was a TRUE WARRIOR out there today.

tmacsteelerfan
12-05-2010, 11:58 PM
↓ Says it all.

ricksteelers55
12-05-2010, 11:59 PM
in terms of key play Troy has made the play of the game

in terms of player of the game I think we have to give it to Suisham for stepping up in Daniel's place.

iceman000123
12-06-2010, 12:05 AM
So many choices here but I give it to Ben for having heart and sticking with it! Polamalu is close behind in 2nd

4xSBChamps
12-06-2010, 12:06 AM
... Ben for making it through the game in spite of his wounded foot and (illegally) broken nose. He was obviously playing at his highest level, but considering the circumstances... his limited mobility... his shattered O-line... he was able to keep his chin up and soldier on. I think he proved himself a good leader this game - rallying the guys...

I've been as-critical of his off-field actions as anybody on this forum, but that was a gutty performance against a vicious opponent under adverse conditions

:helmet:

cloppbeast
12-06-2010, 12:07 AM
I don't see why there are quotation marks here. But my three stars are:

There are quotations because of the various discrepancies between sources. I think the Steelers denied that either was broke.

Either way, the man was in pain.

Steel_Bus_24
12-06-2010, 12:08 AM
Lord the whole team.....except maybe for McFadden

but damm....Im not sure Ive ever been more proud of this team than I am tonight.....maybe the 05 superbowl run through the playoffs..............

but this is a win where you just want to take it and hug it while your sleeping like a little kid and his Teddy Bear

What a display of courage, grit, and perseverance by the guys tonight:tt02::tt02::tt02:

Rick5895
12-06-2010, 12:11 AM
I got to go with Ben, the toughness he showed was absolutely amazing, troy is a very close second!!

Kanata-Steeler
12-06-2010, 12:14 AM
TROY !!! ,
(and of course Steelers Defense) won the game for us.
But the "real" game changer was Troy -and therefore gameball.

Ben, gets a close 2nd for courage.

WisconsinSteelerMan
12-06-2010, 12:57 AM
Emotionally, I want to give it to Troy for making the game changing play, but then there was the sack on Ben that WASN'T a sack...because of Ben's toughness! They both came through in absolute CLUTCH situations!!!

Mike in La Crosse, WI

ricardisimo
12-06-2010, 01:02 AM
I'm saying this partly to be contrarian and partly to be contrite: Arnaz Battle.

He made what looked to me like a game-saving tackle on a punt return in the second half. I've been talking smack about him all season (and most certainly will continue to do so next week) but he earned his keep this week. :drink:

StillerzFreak
12-06-2010, 11:34 AM
Ben showed his toughness and Troy was clutch as always..special mention for me has to be Farrior, thought he had a great game(2 plays particular, covering Rice on the wheel route near the end of the game and avoiding Rice when he blitzed to get to Flacco), the old man has still got it.

Curtain_of_Steel
12-06-2010, 11:38 AM
Tough call, but Troy should get the ball. As much as I want to give it to BB as no QB would play under those conditions, without the primo stop and field position we wouldn't have been able to score.

MDSteel15
12-06-2010, 12:25 PM
Troy, Woodley, Ben and Suisham!

Third Rail
12-06-2010, 02:09 PM
I'd say split the ball four ways and give a piece to Troy, Ben, Redman and Suisham.

Troy, for obvious reasons... made one of the most brilliant plays I've ever seen, in addition to playing superbly the rest of the game.

Ben, not only for playing busted up but also for delivering the game winner. He still owns Baltimore's ass.

Redman, for not getting stopped short of the goal when most receivers would. He battled through some of the toughest defenders to get those last five yards. Awesome effort.

Suisham, for delivering two crucial scores and also stepping in to punt after Seps went down. Great effort: really glad we got rid of Jeff "I don't give a f**k anymore" Reed and picked this kid up.

LukesDad88
12-06-2010, 06:36 PM
Sanders. Some key catches, a block that took out two defenders on Redman's TD (either guy would have taken Redman down short of the goal line), and the huge special teams tackle on the following kickoff, saving at least 10 yards of field position, ultimately keeping the Ravens out of FG range.

He had a few drops, but made some absolutely huge hiddden and not so hidden plays.

btaylor179
12-06-2010, 06:41 PM
troy..........