PDA

View Full Version : Joseph Addai will visit today

BB2W
04-04-2006, 06:49 AM
Tom James, of the Tribune Star, reports the Pittsburgh Steelers will meet with LSU RB Joseph Addai Tuesday, April 4.

link: http://www.kffl.com/hotw/nfl

Suitanim
04-04-2006, 07:58 AM
Very Interesting...

He's no bigger than Parker (6'0" 215) but he's a pretty physical and strong guy....he's also a pretty good receiver.

Does the team NEED 2 Willie Parker's?

BigSteelThrill
04-04-2006, 08:35 AM
Would think that regardless of his size... they are looking to add another capable backup because of Staleys injury history. So its proabably because they like they way he runs more then anything else.

clevestinks
04-04-2006, 09:20 AM
where is he projected to go in the draft?

clevestinks
04-04-2006, 09:23 AM
I found it, late first

Suitanim
04-04-2006, 09:26 AM
ESPN has him as a second rounder...he had a nagging injury last year that caused his stock to drop.

I think he was the fastest RB at the combine.

clevestinks
04-04-2006, 09:28 AM
ESPN has him as a second rounder...he had a nagging injury last year that caused his stock to drop.

I think he was the fastest RB at the combine.
I just looked at the CBS sportsline and they had Indy taking him late first. You cant beleive any team right now, they like to bluff one another

BigSteelThrill
04-04-2006, 09:34 AM
I just looked at the CBS sportsline and they had Indy taking him late first. You cant beleive any team right now, they like to bluff one another

Seen Addai primarily go from the middle second to middle third.
But there are several mocks that have him going to Indy in round one.

TasmanianTroy271
04-04-2006, 01:58 PM
Interesting that the steelers are looking at him. Oh well, I'm sure they know what they're doing...

Midnightwriter1
04-04-2006, 02:05 PM
I would imagine the Steelers will be looking at all RB that may be available to them that are projected to go in the first two rounds. Is something we would be interested in, though i am not really high on this particular guy.

BlitzburghRockCity
04-04-2006, 03:34 PM
Its all just gathering information on players, I wouldnt look for us to go for taking him if he's projected to go that high. We dont need a Rb in the first round.

BB2W
04-04-2006, 05:54 PM
He's no bigger than Parker (6'0" 215) but he's a pretty physical and strong guy
Addai definately runs bigger than he is...

Koopa
04-04-2006, 07:33 PM
Very Interesting...

He's no bigger than Parker (6'0" 215) but he's a pretty physical and strong guy....he's also a pretty good receiver.

Does the team NEED 2 Willie Parker's?

how would it be two willie parker's :hunch: :hunch: :hunch: you said addai is pretty physical and strong guy, so that would be someone better then willie IMO, but anyway i'd rather have humes or lendale white, i like the fat backs that pound you

clevestinks
04-05-2006, 06:42 AM
how would it be two willie parker's :hunch: :hunch: :hunch: you said addai is pretty physical and strong guy, so that would be someone better then willie IMO, but anyway i'd rather have humes or lendale white, i like the fat backs that pound you
I agree with the fat backs, at least we would have the fast one and fat one.

coachspeak33
04-05-2006, 08:03 AM
We do not need a RB... Willie will be just fine and Duce can play the "closer role" that Bettis filled the last season and a half.

For all of you out there who want to see the Steelers draft a RB... your fate was sealed the moment we resigned Verron.

BB2W
04-05-2006, 11:47 AM
For all of you out there who want to see the Steelers draft a RB... your fate was sealed the moment we resigned Verron.
I don't know about that... last year we had Willie, Duce, Haynes, and Bettis but they still drafted Noah Herron.

Haiku_Dirtt
04-05-2006, 01:00 PM
I seriously doubt he is a second rounder. The difference between Addai and Willie Parker is that Parker never got to play in college.

Addai played on a generally more dominant LSU team with a number of cupcakes each year on their schedule and his numbers are still very underwhelming...just a practice squad player.

Haiku_Dirtt
04-05-2006, 01:10 PM
We do not need a RB... Willie will be just fine and Duce can play the "closer role" that Bettis filled the last season and a half.

"fate was sealed?????????????????????????????????????????" :dang:

Please don't take this personally but that is the most ludacris thought I have heard since Al Gore last opened his mouth. You know...the guy who invented the internet.

And about Duce playing a "closer role"...Do you mean rushing for 368 yards?

Midnightwriter1
04-05-2006, 01:10 PM
I strongly disagree with our fate being sealed with the signing of Haynes.

1) we dont know if Willie will work out ( see Famous Amos )

2) Staley health and obviously he is not future

3) haynes is a 3rd down back / reserve back

for these reason I think we will take a RB and could easily take one in first round ( depending on who is available. We will be taking a RB in this draft, especially with all the draft picks we have would be silly not to take one.

83-Steelers-43
04-05-2006, 01:11 PM

I agree with BB2W and midnightwriter on this one.

Speaking of Noah Herron, from what I saw he looked pretty good in Green Bay this past season.