PDA

View Full Version : Hines and the smile...

MillerMania83
12-05-2010, 11:13 PM
Don't get me wrong guys, I LOVE Hines Ward, he's a warrior and one of the greatest Steelers of all time....But was anyone else just totally pi$$ed when he dropped that HUGE 3rd down ball in this HUGE game against our hated rival the Ravens....I mean cmon Hines, this isn't a game in September against the Lions or somethin'....This is a game in Dec with so much on the line against the Ravens, you're losin', they go to you for a HUGE play on 3rd down on a BIG drive, when we are behind in the game....You put the ball on the turf and ya get up smilin' away, JMO, not cool...Hey I know it's his "thing" with that smile, but tonight, in this game, it just really irked/got to me.

cloppbeast
12-05-2010, 11:19 PM
Don't get me wrong guys, I LOVE Hines Ward, he's a warrior and one of the greatest Steelers of all time....But was anyone else just totally pi$$ed when he dropped that HUGE 3rd down ball in this HUGE game against our hated rival the Ravens....I mean cmon Hines, this isn't a game in September against the Lions or somethin'....This is a game in Dec with so much on the line against the Ravens, you're losin', they go to you for a HUGE play on 3rd down on a BIG drive, when we are behind in the game....You put the ball on the turf and ya get up smilin' away, JMO, not cool...Hey I know it's his "thing" with that smile, but tonight, in this game, it just really irked/got to me.

I don't have a problem with it. It's his thing - it's his signature.

I can tell you he wasn't smiling because he was happy about it.

Neil-Still-Rules-14
12-05-2010, 11:21 PM

I feel you on this one...it really bothered me.

iceman000123
12-05-2010, 11:22 PM
He's always smiling man. Perhaps it was that smile that kept everyone's spirit up. If you sit around and mope about it then you'll just make more mistakes.

jjpro11
12-05-2010, 11:22 PM
it wasn't really a big smile.. more like a "you gotta be kidding me" smile.

madtowndrunkard
12-05-2010, 11:23 PM
I don't have a problem with it. It's his thing - it's his signature.

I can tell you he wasn't smiling because he was happy about it.

You miss read Hines "smile" He's not laughing.....if you have watched Hines long enough you'd know that his smile is just what he does. He knew what he did.

MillerMania83
12-05-2010, 11:31 PM
I get it, I know it's his thing, I've been watchin' him long enough over the years....Don't get me wrong, I'm sure him dropping that ball was rippin' him up inside a bit....But just for me anyway, in this game, with so much on the line, and him dropping that ball in that situation and seeing that "smile" reaction, just really irked me tonight....Especially how things were going for us up to that point (Ben and his broken nose, non calls happening AGAIN againts us, the Raven's seemingly having there way just a lil bit, especially on D), just thought we would have got a more "pi$$ed off reaction from one of our leaders at the point....But in the end it's all good, we won, and in this league ya take them however ya can get them, and tonight it sure was a slobberknocker, lol.

MDSteel15
12-06-2010, 12:36 AM
Get over it, you wouldn't have caught it either....WE WON

hammy36
12-06-2010, 12:53 AM
I definitely cursed at the tv, with Hine's name involved but I can't get mad at him for smiling...the man is a true warrior, a leader on this team and one of the best in which we've had the pleasure of cheering. He made a mistake, which is human.

steeltheone
12-06-2010, 12:53 AM
He is Hines...The very least of our problems!

Stu Pidasso
12-06-2010, 02:03 AM
I'm sorry, but it irks me (and gives me a headache) when people type in bold italics all the time.

grward
12-06-2010, 08:57 AM
You can be pissed b/c he dropped the pass ... but why on earth would you be pissed b/c he smiles? His smiles come naturally to him. Do you honestly think he didn't care that he dropped that pass? If so, then you don't know shit about #86.

Curtain_of_Steel
12-06-2010, 10:56 AM
I yelled at my Wife, thats your boy smiling again, lol.....

I think he was smiling as that all to familiair tone was playing in his ears. Sung by the Fat lady. Hence the fat lady is singing and the time is near.
Thats a big ass paycheck there. A stud Olineman can be had for that.

ZoneBlitzer
12-06-2010, 12:15 PM

Yeah, I do have a problem with it. The reason? He's the leader of the wide receiving corps. He's got to lead by example, always. Okay, smile away but Hines you have got to make that catch. That should bother him. Your QB is getting killed and playing hurt and he delivers a perfect strike and you laugh it away, ha ha ha. Not a good time to laugh if you ask me. But, hey, that's Hines. As much as I love the guy, I'd like to see the Steelers acquire more depth for his eventual retirement. It's time to go after Fitzgerald.

mikegrimey
12-06-2010, 12:31 PM
I fail to see how Hines smiling is a problem. He's not some green rookie. He knows if you drop a pass dwelling on it doesn't make you catch that pass ever, the best you can do is catch the next pass thrown to you. Him smiling isn't akin to Derek Anderson laughing on the sideline during a blowout, it seems more habit, he typically smiles after every play he's involved in good or bad.

mikegrimey
12-06-2010, 12:32 PM
Yeah, I do have a problem with it. The reason? He's the leader of the wide receiving corps. He's got to lead by example, always. Okay, smile away but Hines you have got to make that catch. That should bother him. Your QB is getting killed and playing hurt and he delivers a perfect strike and you laugh it away, ha ha ha. Not a good time to laugh if you ask me. But, hey, that's Hines. As much as I love the guy, I'd like to see the Steelers acquire more depth for his eventual retirement. It's time to go after Fitzgerald.

You know I'd love to see Larry Fitzgerald in a Steelers uniform, I don't think it would be a "reach" or potential FA "bust" by any means, but I don't know if anybody in the front office would be willing to ante-up for him. He will be an unrestricted free agent right? It's not like we can trade draft picks the guy is going to want some serious money.

theplatypus
12-06-2010, 03:00 PM
Oh my freaking god some of you amaze me

DanRooney
12-06-2010, 03:14 PM
Don't mind his smile, but having multiple games with 2 or less catches when you're playing every snap is bothersome.

iceman000123
12-06-2010, 03:20 PM

I doubt we'll see the Fitz in Black n Gold colors. As much as I would love to see it happen. That's a lot of money we gotta ante up for em. Plus we don't usually go after the big stars anyway even though the Fitz has been pretty quiet this year. Although that's not his fault.

lionslicer
12-06-2010, 03:33 PM
Why is everyone hatin on the smile? ... Everyone drops a ball, it happens, so he was smiling, I bet today or tomorrow he'll take more reps and practice harder with Ben to make sure it doesn't happen again, he's a pro.

SteelersMongol
12-07-2010, 12:01 AM

When did U become the Steelers fan, again? Just joking. Hey man, that's Hines. That's what he does. Lose a ball, or catch a ball, or get hit by Ravens. He'd always B smiling. He caught more balls than his lost ones. That's Y V love that guy, man. Just look at this board says. :wink02:

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash2/hs446.ash2/71953_1651361691187_1451341646_1696531_63890_n.jpg

grward
12-07-2010, 08:08 AM

You're an idiot for making this statement. He wasn't freaking laughing ... he simply smiled ... it's what he does with bad or good plays. Quit bashing the smile. I have no problem with anyone upset b/c he failed to make the catch. He's paid to catch the ball and he SHOULD catch the ball. But seriously, why are we even talking about him SMILING?

steelerchad
12-07-2010, 08:41 AM
I'm was mad at the drop, not the smile. He smiles when he gets knocked on his ass or knocks someone else on their ass too.