PDA

View Full Version : Is there anything better?

GMU Steeler
12-06-2010, 12:23 AM
A win, check
on national television, check
on the road, check
against our hated rival, check
a comeback win, check
oh and
sole possesion for 1st place, check.

Seriously, what a great win that was. I am going to be in a good mood all week. I'm kinda superstitious I confess so I felt a good omen when I didn't have to wait for the laundry in my buidling today.

madtowndrunkard
12-06-2010, 12:24 AM
Yes..... A lombardi

GMU Steeler
12-06-2010, 12:26 AM
Yes..... A lombardi

Ha, sorry been drinking a little. We'll never be able to beat the Ravens for a Lombardi though. Beating them to get to the Super Bowl though a couple years ago was awesome though wasn't it?

Mags87
12-06-2010, 12:27 AM
Ha, sorry been drinking a little. We'll never be able to beat the Ravens for a Lombardi though. Beating them to get to the Super Bowl though a couple years ago was awesome though wasn't it?

Troy's pic6 in that game still brings a tear to my eye. how lucky are we to have this guy?

GMU Steeler
12-06-2010, 12:28 AM
Troy's pic6 in that game still brings a tear to my eye. how lucky are we to have this guy?

Yeah great decision to trade up in the 2003 draft for him. He's awesome. And a great dude too.

jjpro11
12-06-2010, 12:28 AM
that was a very satisfying victory.

WisconsinSteelerMan
12-06-2010, 12:29 AM
LOVED this game. What a hard fought battle... complete with bloody noses!

I especially loved it with the complete turnaround at the end of the game.... made my night!!

Mike in La Crosse, WI

ZoneBlitzer
12-06-2010, 12:30 AM
I think this team could be a team of destiny when you consider the lucky Bills win along with the officials and league conspiring against the Steelers at nearly every turn and in every situation.

Fire Arians
12-06-2010, 12:32 AM
minus all the damn injuries, it seems like we lose someone new for the season every time

steelerchad
12-06-2010, 12:33 AM
Added bonus is that again terrible one sided calls were viewed on national TV and criticized by all the talking heads. Maybe someone will take notice and stop this BS.

MikeHaullace
12-06-2010, 12:34 AM
I think this team could be a team of destiny when you consider the lucky Bills win along with the officials and league conspiring against the Steelers at nearly every turn and in every situation.

Don't forget the Dolphins player that handed the ref the ball after the fumble.

GMU Steeler
12-06-2010, 12:34 AM

Yeah it's kinda like 2005 and 2008 to me in many ways. The 2005 team had to win out to make the playoffs and then won every game on the road to make the SB and then won. And the 2008 team had some exciting down to the wire games. I especially have fond memories of the Cowboys game that year since I was wearing my Steelers beanie on the bus earlier that week and a Cowboys fan talked some trash like "you are going to lose." Guy wasn't a jerk but he was ****y. And then Townsend picked six Romo for the win. This year has been fun too since my non STeelers fans friends thought this year would be another 3rd place finish and here we are in December leading hte division and looking at a return to the playoffs.

MattsMe
12-06-2010, 12:37 AM
Harrison could bash Goodell's head in with our 7th Lombardi to end the season. That might be a little better.

GMU Steeler
12-06-2010, 12:42 AM
Harrison could bash Goodell's head in with our 7th Lombardi to end the season. That might be a little better.

I don't want future generations to have to look at a blood stained Lombardi :chuckle: even if it is the blood of that prick.