PDA

View Full Version : Sepulveda Tore his ACL

BlockMonsta
12-06-2010, 12:35 AM
Tore his ACL.

ktm5411
12-06-2010, 12:36 AM
Just got the text. Does this mean he may be done for good? Seems like it's becoming a trend.

Fire Arians
12-06-2010, 12:36 AM
really bad news. on the bright side, suisham's signing just became even more huge, as he's shown his stuff when it comes to punting

OX1947
12-06-2010, 12:38 AM
Only a Punter wearing a steelers uniform, this happens. Unbelievable.

SteelCityMom
12-06-2010, 12:38 AM
http://www.steelersdepot.com/2010/12/steelers-lose-punter-daniel-sepulveda-for-year-with-acl-injury/

That sucks. Just, for the love of god, don't bring back Ernster.

Fire Arians
12-06-2010, 12:39 AM
http://www.steelersdepot.com/2010/12/steelers-lose-punter-daniel-sepulveda-for-year-with-acl-injury/

That sucks. Just, for the love of god, don't bring back Ernster.

suisham's punting is fine, no need to bring back ernster the shank artist lol

ZoneBlitzer
12-06-2010, 12:39 AM
Ah, I'm ready to cut this guy. See ya I say. How can a punter who does nothing tear his ACL? The dude can't coffin corner to save his life. Get a punter who can.

MikeHaullace
12-06-2010, 12:44 AM
How can a punter who does nothing tear his ACL?

The irony is thick with this one.

CaliStillersFan
12-06-2010, 12:45 AM
You're fools for thinking Sepulveda should be cut. He's one of the best punters in the game, I guess you forget about 2008 when Berger was on our roster and a 30 yard punt was considered good just as long as it went straight. With the offense struggling the way they've been, this will be a huge loss if true.

Third Rail
12-06-2010, 12:46 AM
Shame, I like Seps, more because he's not afraid to deliver a devestating tackle than for his punts.

Somewhere... Mitch Berger's phone is ringing right now.

madtowndrunkard
12-06-2010, 12:48 AM
Shame, I like Seps, more because he's not afraid to deliver a devestating tackle than for his punts.

Somewhere... Mitch Berger's phone is ringing right now.

One of the officials kicked Sep in the knee when he wasn't looking.

tanda10506
12-06-2010, 12:50 AM
He's a great punter but we can't have our kicker punting the rest of the season. He doesn't catch the ball safely on the long snap. I guess that could be practiced, I just don't like the idea. I'm a DIE HARD Steelers fan, but if we were stupid enough to sign Berger again, I might boycott them for the season (not that that acomplishes anything lol).

Steelerfreak58
12-06-2010, 12:52 AM
CRAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ricardisimo
12-06-2010, 12:53 AM
Let's have Randle El or Battle practice punting.

CaliStillersFan
12-06-2010, 12:53 AM
He's a great punter but we can't have our kicker punting the rest of the season. He doesn't catch the ball safely on the long snap. I guess that could be practiced, I just don't like the idea. I'm a DIE HARD Steelers fan, but if we were stupid enough to sign Berger again, I might boycott them for the season (not that that acomplishes anything lol).

Ditto...there has to be a better punter than Berger available.

Third Rail
12-06-2010, 12:55 AM
One of the officials kicked Sep in the knee when he wasn't looking.

lol, wouldn't surprise me

steelerchad
12-06-2010, 12:58 AM
Not Mitch Berger, please. Although, I hear he has a SuperBowl ring.

Atlanta Dan
12-06-2010, 01:02 AM
At least Reed cannot claim future misses are due to a new holder

Amy word on whether Sepulvda tore the ACL by kicking or attempting to cover a return

MattsMe
12-06-2010, 01:19 AM
At least Reed cannot claim future misses are due to a new holder

Amy word on whether Sepulvda tore the ACL by kicking or attempting to cover a return

It happened while resetting Ben's nose. He doubles as a team trainer.

MikeHaullace
12-06-2010, 01:41 AM

Pretty sure it happened making the tackle on his 53 yard punt that was returned for 35.

madtowndrunkard
12-06-2010, 01:44 AM
This is NOT good.

Given our offensively issues.... this might be the injury that kills us.

Neil-Still-Rules-14
12-06-2010, 01:57 AM
Honestly, Mitch Berger was not that bad. He averaged roughly 2 yards less than Sepulveda per punt. Anyways, my guess is that they'll bring in Dirk Johnson. He was with the Steelers during the 2009 preseason and most recently played with the Buccaneers.

sharkweek
12-06-2010, 03:20 AM
suisham's punting is fine, no need to bring back ernster the shank artist lol

And what happens if Suisham goes down or his leg becomes over exerted over the course of the game and we need him to make a long game winning kick?

No, we need another player for punting.

CaliStillersFan
12-06-2010, 03:27 AM
Honestly, Mitch Berger was not that bad. He averaged roughly 2 yards less than Sepulveda per punt. Anyways, my guess is that they'll bring in Dirk Johnson. He was with the Steelers during the 2009 preseason and most recently played with the Buccaneers.

OK 2 yards less, but Sep's went 50 yards straight down field, Berger's went 48 yards sideways. :)

BGSU A Dub
12-06-2010, 04:34 AM
Here's a thought, maybe we score on every drive and then we wouldn't need a punter.

But in all seriousness we do need someone to boom the long ones: if worse comes to worst Ben could always do the chip punts.

TRH
12-06-2010, 09:32 AM
are you serious?? How the hell does this happen? You've got to be kidding me.

I like Sep...tough as nails too......damnit

Kingmagyar
12-06-2010, 10:21 AM
Saw these stats for Dave Zastudil

http://www.nfl.com/players/davezastudil/profile?id=ZAS622937

Seems like he had a great 09 and 08 season, but is not on a roster this year.
Wonder if he is hurt or what the story is? He is 32 years old.

the others on the list of punters cut are

Parrish, Ken
Pakulak, Glenn
Kapinos, Jeremy -66 punts for packers in 09 43.8 avg. long of 58
Johnson, Cort
Conley, T.J.
Bryan, Chris
Bowden, Brent

All pretty much have no actual kicks in the nfl or only very limited work. Zastadil has
581 career punts in the nfl.

GMU Steeler
12-06-2010, 10:28 AM
Saw these stats for Dave Zastudil

http://www.nfl.com/players/davezastudil/profile?id=ZAS622937

Seems like he had a great 09 and 08 season, but is not on a roster this year.
Wonder if he is hurt or what the story is? He is 32 years old.

the others on the list of punters cut are

Parrish, Ken
Pakulak, Glenn
Kapinos, Jeremy -66 punts for packers in 09 43.8 avg. long of 58
Johnson, Cort
Conley, T.J.
Bryan, Chris
Bowden, Brent

All pretty much have no actual kicks in the nfl or only very limited work. Zastadil has
581 career punts in the nfl.

I was reading his wikipedia page just now after I saw your post and I read he had some shoulder and knee problems. IF he's healthy, I'd want him. The guy did kick for the Browns/Ravens so he's at least somewhat familiar with conditions at Heinz field since we play those two teams twice a year. Just hope they get someone good. It sucks to lose Sepulveda again and to the same injury really hurts.

madtowndrunkard
12-06-2010, 11:51 AM
I was reading his wikipedia page just now after I saw your post and I read he had some shoulder and knee problems. IF he's healthy, I'd want him. The guy did kick for the Browns/Ravens so he's at least somewhat familiar with conditions at Heinz field since we play those two teams twice a year. Just hope they get someone good. It sucks to lose Sepulveda again and to the same injury really hurts.

I'd find the best rugby and soccer punters in the world and get them in here for a tryout.

You would not think it would be so difficult to find a decent punter.

SteelCityMom
12-06-2010, 12:32 PM
Steelers looking for punter in wake of Sepulveda injury
By Pittsburgh Tribune-Review
Monday, December 6, 2010
Last updated: 7:23 am
http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/steelers/s_712449.html

The Steelers will sign a punter this week after Daniel Sepulveda was lost for the season while trying to make a tackle in a 13-10 win against the Ravens.

Sepulveda tore the anterior cruciate ligament (ACL) in his right knee when his cleat got caught in the turf at M&T Bank Stadium. It happened during Lardarius Webb’s 35-yard punt return early in the second quarter. Sepulveda stayed in the game to hold for field goal and extra point attempts by Shaun Suisham, but Suisham punted the rest of the way.

The injury to his plant leg is the same one that Sepulveda sustained during training camp in 2008.

frunko1
12-06-2010, 01:29 PM
What is gardocki up to now a days. At least you don"t have to worry about it getting blocked. And he could give the finger to the refs

dez09231
12-06-2010, 02:24 PM
Ouch. . . I like having Sepulveda out there to play safety on punts. . . Berger, anyone?

Neil-Still-Rules-14
12-06-2010, 03:24 PM
Once again, I will restate. Berger is not a bad option. I sometimes think you guys accidentally give him credit for some of Ernster's performances (possibly the worst punter in NFL history). Berger was operating on two bad hamstrings that year as well. Zastudil is probably never going to play again. He was placed on IR earlier this season before being waived by the Browns. I'm still thinking Dirk Johnson gets the first call.

lionslicer
12-06-2010, 04:43 PM
Ah, I'm ready to cut this guy. See ya I say. How can a punter who does nothing tear his ACL? The dude can't coffin corner to save his life. Get a punter who can.

Well he does run around and make tackles. Doubt anyone will admit the mistake of drafting him to cut him.

I haven't seen many punters kick out of bounds, its been a trend of getting american punters who specialize in dropping the ball like on the 5 yard line and having it bounce backwards like a goldball on the green. I miss the foreign kickers and punters.