PDA

View Full Version : 50 Greatest Indie Flicks of all time...

Suitanim
04-04-2006, 09:56 AM
http://www.empireonline.com/features/50greatestindependent/default.asp

Reservoir Dogs at #1.

83-Steelers-43
04-04-2006, 12:04 PM
While I agree with #1, I thought Texas Chainsaw Massacre should have been in the top twenty. The one film that I did not notice on the list and I felt should have been in the top ten is Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels.

SteelerDan43
04-04-2006, 12:18 PM
How TCM isnt higher than at least The Blair Witch Project I have no idea. Also the second highest grossing indie film in Halloween should at least make the list

Suitanim
04-04-2006, 03:31 PM
Lock, Stock and Two WAS a great film, but I'm not sure it was an indie flick...I think Guy Ritchie is a pretty big director in Engalnd, and I think this film was well financed...

tony hipchest
04-04-2006, 03:49 PM
holy crap. pink flamingos! has anyone seen this? definitely the greatest shock value/ gross out film, although i made the mistake of first watching it with a vegan member of peta. needless to say she wasnt pleased or entertained.

83-Steelers-43
04-04-2006, 04:25 PM
Lock, Stock and Two WAS a great film, but I'm not sure it was an indie flick...

http://www.bifa.org.uk/film.php?film=21

Suitanim
04-04-2006, 04:29 PM
I stand corrected...and it should have been on the list.

83-Steelers-43
04-04-2006, 04:43 PM
How TCM isnt higher than at least The Blair Witch Project I have no idea. Also the second highest grossing indie film in Halloween should at least make the list

I agree. I wasn't all that impressed with the BWP. I actually left that movie feeling sort of ripped off.

BlackNGold203
04-04-2006, 05:33 PM
The Terminator was an Indie flick????

3 to be 4
04-04-2006, 06:28 PM
im sick of bashing the chinks. Im going after Indians now. not the Tonto kind. the
Dot head kind. i hear from my friend in Franklin, Mass that they have invaded his neighborhood. all he smells is Curry.

beSteelmyheart
04-04-2006, 07:47 PM
It's good to see Eraserhead on there-I like that weird movie, & still can't figure out what it's about..I saw it at Best Buy a week or two ago, but didn't want to pay that much money for it.

Night of the Living Dead-a timeless classic!

My fiancee loves the Evil Dead..I could barely sit through it. Must be a guy thing!:yep:

I wish I could see Pink Flamingos..I used to rent a room from a gay guy & he would rent these gross crazy Divine movies, but I don't remember much about them. It's probably hard as hell to find these days with the goodie two shoes chain movie rental places taking over-you can't get that weird stuff anymore unless you're lucky.

Suitanim
04-05-2006, 09:01 AM
The Terminator was an Indie flick????

Here's the blurb from the site...

"The Terminator (1984)
Its studio-friendly sequels and slick '80s action sequences may make this appear part of the Hollywood establishment, but look a little more closely. Behind the impressive effects you'll see an untried director, an obscure leading man and a (relatively) shoestring budget - in fact, all the hallmarks of an indie movie. If you want an example of independent spirit, there's no finer example than the man behind The Terminator's apocalyptic vision. A nobody on the verge of being fired from his job on a silly horror flick about piranhas, James Cameron was fired up by a vivid nightmare he had one night about an unstoppable metal assassin. Hastily scribbling a screenplay and assembling a crew, he threw himself body and soul into the shoot, creating a whole new genre of techno-noir along the way. That the Terminator spawned one of the biggest sequels ever is testament to what a high concept and assured execution can do. Of course, it helps to have a healthy dose of iconic lines and, in Arnold Schwarzenegger, an unstoppable machine from the future - sorry, Austria - poised on the very brink of superstardom