PDA

View Full Version : Remaining Schedule

iceman000123
12-06-2010, 01:23 AM
Now we have games against the Bengals, Jets, Panthers, and the season closer against the Browns. Three of those games being home.

After that hard-fought battle with the ravens I'm feeling our chances with the remainder of this schedule.

Of course I believe we can win all of these games but if not believe we can finish out 3-1 with the remaining teams despite the league being out to get us.

Bengals fought hard against the saints but blew it. T.O. Almost brought them back against us in out last meeting. I don't know what happened to carson palmer but I do like our chances against them.

The jets are a good team and we'll have to play them as hard as we did the ravens and it's gonna be fun to see us play against Santonio Holmes. That game can be bad if we let them exploit our secondary.

The Panthers, to be honest I think. they're a mess right now I don't have any worries about that game except, us hindering ourselves. They don't know how to win right now. The showing against Seattle, I expected it to be more competitive.

Last, The browns. Assuming everyone is healthy by that time, and we stop Peyton Hillis such as the case today, we get by with the win and looking at a good 12-4.

This is just my thoughts after this week games, minus the Jets and Pats of course.:sun:

Thoughts?

Fire Arians
12-06-2010, 01:28 AM
one game at a time. i'm a little worried about next week though, our team is really beat up health wise, that can't be good with the jets coming into town. though I do know that we can beat the jets. sanchez isn't necessarily elite, and we do well against any team that doesn't have a top qb

tanda10506
12-06-2010, 01:30 AM
IF WE DON'T OVERLOOK ANYBODY, we should beat the Bengals pretty solid. We were putting a good hurt on them until our defense started falling apart. That's a home game and I think the D will stay tough. The Panthers should be a shutout if we prepare for them and take them seriously. Cleveland has a decent chance at an upset but we will win that game, again, if we don't get careless. The challenging game is the Jets. Luckily it's not in New York. We'll see how the Jets play against New England. This game helped a lot, but if we overlook a team and loose to the Jets, which is possible, then we still have a chance at losing the AFC North. If we take every team serious from here on out we will go 3-1 or 4-0.

madtowndrunkard
12-06-2010, 01:37 AM
Our offense is still a major issue. Tonight's victory should be credited 100% to our defense and a savvy kicker / punter.

Arians is still a joke. Our redzone offense is still a joke. We had 1st and goal on like the 4 yard line. What does Arians do? Run, Run, WR screen. = FG. Now I thought the WR screen was a perfect play on 1st or 2nd down. But 3rd down after running it twice....obviously they were covering us close....we were inside the 5 yard line for CHRIST SAKE! We get there passing.....we haven't been able to run the ball at all....so Arians runs up the gut for two losses in row....UN FRIGGEN BELIEVABLE. The game should have been over then.

We will not win a playoff game until Arians can get some sort of production out of his offense. We are heading into week 14 and our offense is still out of sync. The only positive I can see in that is Arians has likely coached his last season for Pittsburgh. We should have an entire year to find a suitable OC since we'll likely not have football next year.

SH-Rock
12-06-2010, 01:39 AM
We do have a possibility to go 13-3

madtowndrunkard
12-06-2010, 01:40 AM
IF WE DON'T OVERLOOK ANYBODY, we should beat the Bengals pretty solid. We were putting a good hurt on them until our defense started falling apart. That's a home game and I think the D will stay tough. The Panthers should be a shutout if we prepare for them and take them seriously. Cleveland has a decent chance at an upset but we will win that game, again, if we don't get careless. The challenging game is the Jets. Luckily it's not in New York. We'll see how the Jets play against New England. This game helped a lot, but if we overlook a team and loose to the Jets, which is possible, then we still have a chance at losing the AFC North. If we take every team serious from here on out we will go 3-1 or 4-0.

You forget a very important aspect of the last Cinci game. The ONLY reason it was close was due to 3....YES 3 HORRIBLE calls late in the 4th quarter that kept Cinci in it. That game should have been over and us running out the clock. The ONLY way we lose to Cinci is if Tomlin allows Arians to blow the game.

Third Rail
12-06-2010, 01:40 AM
Seconded, we can't overlook any of these teams. NONE of them, not even the lowly Panthers. When a team finishes the season 2-14, you don't want to be one of those two, even if the game is practically meaningless at that point. But I think Pittsburgh learned a bit from those losses last season and know that they can't overlook anyone. It might have seemed like we overlooked the Bills last week, and maybe we did a bit, but we still won. At the end of the day, that's all that matters.

Bungles - Don't let these bastards trap you. They're pathetic, but they haven't given up, and you can be damn sure we're going to get whatever qualifies to them as an "A" game. We need to be ready because if we lose and Baltimore beats the Texans, we're tied with them again.

Jets - Likely the toughest remaining game on the schedule, made even tougher by the fact Holmes is on the team (again, brilliant move, front office) and knows our plays. Not that that makes much of a difference... since we have Arians as our offensive coordinator, EVERYONE knows our plays. Nevertheless, we can win if we can stop the run and pressure Sanchez. And if we can pass the ball... Revis makes that tough but not impossible.

Panthers - They flat out suck. But like I said, we can't take that fact for granted. Find their weak spots (shouldn't be too hard) and exploit the hell out of them.

The Browns - Still playing tough but I think we can beat them rather easily because we're still good at stopping the run. If Jake Failhomme is under center, we should get a few interceptions. If McCoy or Wallace is there, it might be a little tougher to get turnovers but we can still win. Ben can put up points against them as we've already seen, but it will be colder and windier, so we'll need some balance to avoid another nightmare like the second Steelers/Browns game last year.

Just curious, does anyone think 13-3 is a possibility? It's probably a stretch, but stranger things have happened.

toughsticks87
12-06-2010, 03:59 AM
Not even going to comment on anything except the Bungles game. One game at a time people, one game at a time. Let's not forget last season's debacle. The only real difference is we're winning the close ones this year.

AndyWitmyer
12-06-2010, 04:21 AM
I don't know what happened to carson palmer but I do like our chances against them.

Oh, don't you remember a few years back when we basically broke his leg during a pivotal game? He was never quite the same after that.

I know I shouldn't laugh, but...

:toofunny:

BGSU A Dub
12-06-2010, 04:25 AM
Besides the Pathers, each team we play has SERIOUS motivation to beat us.

And we have SERIOUS motivation to crush them :tt03:

Quasar
12-06-2010, 11:38 AM
Just curious, does anyone think 13-3 is a possibility? It's probably a stretch, but stranger things have happened.
Why is that a stretch? I expect the Steelers to go 13-3! Regardless. their destiny is in their own hands, especially if the Jets beat the Pats tonight.

Curtain_of_Steel
12-06-2010, 11:45 AM
Can't judge the Browns game till the playoff positioning is decided as we are that banged up.

But if we have to actually show up and play that game. 4-0 steelers run the table.

Sanchez is going to be rattled to no end. Like Flacco when the game gets on the line that cage can be shaken and not stirred into giving the ball back. At least the locations favor us.

1 at a time, can't look past anyone. They need to get up and put the game away by whatever means is working, if passing is working keep passing than run them to death. But put the points up before we lay down.

Cincy Home
Jets Home
Panthers Home
Basically, Browns is at home as they will be out of it and tickets on sale for 5.00. Steelers will out number them 3 to 1.

plenewken
12-06-2010, 11:53 AM
We do have a possibility to go 13-3

I thought we'd lose yesterday so I'm eating crow now. <bg>
I said 11-5 before yesterday but I think we'll lose 1 more game (maybe Jets but most likely Browns), before the end.
12-4

Rotorhead
12-06-2010, 02:52 PM
Honestly I'm hoping for a jets win tonight then we have to win out for that top seed. If the Pats win then just win whatever we need for the #2 slot. Don't care about who we beat or lose to to get it. That bye is key in my eyes second to home field advantage and top seed.

dez09231
12-06-2010, 03:00 PM
We can go 3-1 in this stretch as long as we don't lose to Cincy or Cleveland and we'll have a bye. Those 2 games are more important than the other 2, unless the Jets win tonight, then that matchup is HUGE. . . . although, if you think about it, being the 2 seed may be more advantagious. Odds are, 2nd place finisher in the East and Baltimore will Wild Card in. Either one of those teams could lose to inferior KC/Indy/Jax. . . and I like our chances if we host KC/Indy/Jax more than the Jets and Baltimore. Not only that, but NY and Baltimore could both head into New England and win. . . so we could end up with de facto home field, anyway.

Whodis
12-06-2010, 03:19 PM
Cinncy and Cleveland will be tough games. I think the Jets are overrated.

With that said..... we will play down to any team

iceman000123
12-06-2010, 04:04 PM
Cinncy and Cleveland will be tough games. I think the Jets are overrated.

With that said..... we will play down to any team

Pretty much. I just don't see us blowing anyone out with in these last few games, exception being the Panthers. We always play them well in pre-season but then again thats "pre-season" But with how their playing right now I feel as if we can win by at least 2 touchdowns. Jets might be a little over rated but they will still give us a tough time albeit we can still beat them. I'm actually looking forward to the browns game should be a good fight. As for the Bengals I just have some kind of confident feeling going up against them especially at Heinz Field! :tt02: :tt04: :tt: :tt03:

WeegiesWarriors
12-06-2010, 04:05 PM
They key is the Cincy and Cleve games. We can go 3-1 so long as those two are wins... unless Baltimore falls apart and we have a cushion. I don't care much about being the 1st or 2nd seed. I've seen more AFCCG home losses than wins in the past 20 years. Part of me wants to see the Steelers go into Foxborro.

steelerchad
12-06-2010, 04:23 PM
They key is the Cincy and Cleve games. We can go 3-1 so long as those two are wins... unless Baltimore falls apart and we have a cushion. I don't care much about being the 1st or 2nd seed. I've seen more AFCCG home losses than wins in the past 20 years. Part of me wants to see the Steelers go into Foxborro.

I ran the simulation and we can actually go 3-1, losing any 1 game and hold the #2 seed. At 12-4, all scenarios give us at least the #2 and a bye. Even if Baltimore wins out and we lost to Cincy it would come down to a distant tie-breaker that we would hold (I believe strength of victory). However, Baltimore would hold a lot of tie-breakers if the 2 teams both finished 11-5. They need us to drop 2 games to have any shot at the division.

lionslicer
12-06-2010, 04:46 PM
Cincy game is most important now. They haven't won a game since week 3 of the season, they are pissed off, and they have nothing to lose. fact that this is a rivalry game will make them play a lot harder

Bengals might beat up the Steelers to the point of not being able to play the Jets well enough to win.

SH-Rock
12-06-2010, 05:06 PM
We can go 13-3
but if we clinch as the 2nd seed then the last game against the browns is worthless and I wouldn't be at all disappointed if they rest their starters because that would be a smart move.

Steelboy84
12-06-2010, 05:43 PM
Next week is a trap game. Next Thursday night and the game against Cleveland, all trap games.