PDA

View Full Version : To any Raven Fan Visitors

saveus1011
12-06-2010, 01:35 AM
THANK YOU FOR A CLASSIC!!!

CaliStillersFan
12-06-2010, 02:18 AM
I still can't believe that Baltimore tried to pass on 2nd and 5 with under 4 minutes to go. They had us beat, if they would have run the ball twice more then punted, there was no way our offense was getting all the down the field. Between that call and deciding not to kick the FG to send the game into OT, pretty much handed us the game tonight.

BGSU A Dub
12-06-2010, 03:36 AM
Trent Dilfer went on a 5 minute rant about the Baltimore playcalling late in the game. Guess Ray Rice isn't as BA as he thinks he is if they won't give him the ball to pick up first downs.

OX1947
12-06-2010, 04:09 AM
(Bleep) the Ravens.

pete74
12-06-2010, 04:29 AM
They had us and probably deserved that game but lucky for us we have Troy. We definatly need to start playing better offense

mikegrimey
12-06-2010, 05:14 AM
THANK YOU FOR A CLASSIC!!!

Yep another great game, as usual the Raven's were worthy foes.

TRH
12-06-2010, 06:26 AM
it was a great game, but not in a very ugly way. Numerous penalties, mistakes, blunders, etc on both sides of the ball (more on their side side).
Gotta wonder how either team can beat the Jets or Pats. I would expect to see a much smoother well played game tonight on MNF

plenewken
12-06-2010, 06:41 AM
We definatly need to start playing better offense

Ain't gonna happen with the OL we have and with Arians ..................

tony hipchest
12-06-2010, 10:42 AM
it was a great game, but not in a very ugly way. Numerous penalties, mistakes, blunders, etc on both sides of the ball (more on their side side).
Gotta wonder how either team can beat the Jets or Pats. I would expect to see a much smoother well played game tonight on MNFwhy do people and the media place the jets so high on a pedestal?

they win uglier than we do against inferior teams and very well could be 6-5 right now.

they already got beat by the ravens and will unfortunately get beat tonight vs the patriots (derailing our hopes at the #1 seed in the playoffs).

Quasar
12-06-2010, 10:47 AM
they already got beat by the ravens and will unfortunately get beat tonight vs the patriots (derailing our hopes at the #1 seed in the playoffs).

Remember 2008. We got beat by the Titans in the regular season, and they went on to claim the #1 seed. Steelers went on to win the Super Bowl. #1 seed doesn't always = Super Bowl win- and the Pats know it (ask the Giants).

Dillinger-63
12-06-2010, 10:58 AM
I was on their fans forum and generally speaking they are really hot at their Offensive Coordinator and want him canned. Although I'm not a Ravens fan at all, I have to admit that most of them are saying kudos to The Steelers for the win, but I'd be just as upset if we played very well a only to lose in the final three minutes.

SteelCityMom
12-06-2010, 11:10 AM
I was on their fans forum and generally speaking they are really hot at their Offensive Coordinator and want him canned. Although I'm not a Ravens fan at all, I have to admit that most of them are saying kudos to The Steelers for the win, but I'd be just as upset if we played very well a only to lose in the final three minutes.

I think I speak for many here when I say...we'd be happy to take Cam off their hands for them. :chuckle:

lionslicer
12-06-2010, 11:12 AM
I still can't believe that Baltimore tried to pass on 2nd and 5 with under 4 minutes to go. They had us beat, if they would have run the ball twice more then punted, there was no way our offense was getting all the down the field. Between that call and deciding not to kick the FG to send the game into OT, pretty much handed us the game tonight.

The pass was stupid, but not going for the field goal was smart. It was from 50 yards and the wind was going against the kicker. His career long is like 49, he doesn't have that much of a leg.

Chadmagic
12-06-2010, 11:32 AM
If you look at the stats we were pretty much even with them in every category. Rushing yards, passing yards, 3 down conv, etc. The difference was being able to capitalize on turnovers. As it is with most games of this nature, its the team who can capitalize on the other teams mistakes that wins. We did and we won.

What disappoints me most is that twice we were 1st and goal and couldn't get a TD. Our inconsistency on offense has got to stop. Walking away with field goals instead of touch downs will cost us a win in the playoffs. Really that is why so many of our games are close. Its not because we can't move the ball, its because we can't put 7 points on the board when in the red zone.

Any team that fires a kicker mid season is in trouble. Maybe instead of blaming the kicker we should be blaming our offense for making us rely on him all too often.

GMU Steeler
12-06-2010, 11:36 AM

They probably feel just like we did in Week 4, sick to their stomachs that their team let one get away. And I've oticed that too with Cam Cameron and the Ravens fans.

ETL
12-06-2010, 11:45 AM
Ravens fans have gone delusional.

They are saying that the hit on miller was legit and not illegal and even worse, they are accusing Collingsworth to be a Steeler fan and pissed off at his biased announcing.

This is the same collingsworth who could not help root for the ravens on the last drive by trying to encourage the TE Dixon to roll out of bounds to stop the clock.

MDSteel15
12-06-2010, 11:54 AM
The pass was stupid, but not going for the field goal was smart. It was from 50 yards and the wind was going against the kicker. His career long is like 49, he doesn't have that much of a leg.

He was kicking in thru the end zone on kickoffs! I wouldn't call that no leg... :wave:

lionslicer
12-06-2010, 12:00 PM
He was kicking in thru the end zone on kickoffs! I wouldn't call that no leg... :wave:

He was kicking it through the endzone when he had the wind to his back!
Plus he kicks his kick offs extremely low and takes a chance of there being a good return so he can have a touchback. For some reason he has a lot of touchbacks this season even though in his whole career the most he's ever had was 3 in a season but he has 30 something this season. And he has only hit 4 of 13 field goals of 50 or more yards in his career. And hasn't made one of 50 or more since 2005. I'm pretty sure the coaches know if he has leg strength on field goals or not which is a completely different type of kick than a kick off and some kickers who can kick it through the endzone can't kick it 50 yards for a field goal.

Our kicker also kicked a touchback with the wind to his back, but there had to be a re-kick from the 25 and he still got it to like the 3 yard line. If anyone knows anything about kicking, after you kick a long field goal or a kick off, it takes a lot of your leg, so kicking it again drastically made his kick strength shorter but because of the wind it still went pretty far.

bobby jr
12-06-2010, 12:08 PM
Trent Dilfer went on a 5 minute rant about the Baltimore playcalling late in the game. Guess Ray Rice isn't as BA as he thinks he is if they won't give him the ball to pick up first downs.

Dilfer's pont was on the play when Flacco fumbled it was 2nd and five and the Ravens should have run twice more. The Steelers would be out of time outs then. Even if they don't make first down, , punt on 4h down and make the Steelers drive 80 yards with no timeouts, something they had not done all day. Dilfer said the Steelers would not have been able to do that in all probabilty.

I tend to agree the Ravens should have just run it up the middle twice more.

Dilfer didn't say not going for the FG was a mistake but I think it was. on the 4th down play with the Ravens 3 points behind Harbaugh should have let Billy try the FG from 47 or 48 yards. He has been booming kickoffs for touchbacks all year. Even if he only had a 25% chance of making it, let him try for the tie and the OT.
Even if Flacco had completed that short 4th down pass the Ravens would have only gained about 3 yards and still would had a long FG to make, there wasn't enough time to do anything else.

It was a good game but unforunately the result was not as it should have been. Everyone has off games and I think Coach Harbaugh had one yesterday, But the Ravens will rebound as he said after the game and keep fighting and may even still win the division.

bobby jr
12-06-2010, 12:13 PM
Ravens fans have gone delusional.

They are saying that the hit on miller was legit and not illegal and even worse, they are accusing Collingsworth to be a Steeler fan and pissed off at his biased announcing.

This is the same collingsworth who could not help root for the ravens on the last drive by trying to encourage the TE Dixon to roll out of bounds to stop the clock.

Collingsworth may not be a Steeler fan but he sure sounded like one. He went off on the play when Ben was hurt and never once admitted it Ngata's hit was almost certainly not intentional. And the miller hit looked bad in slow motion but I'm not sure it was so bad when you look at it in real time, didn't look intentional as it happened. Remember these plays happen very quickly and slow motion can be deceptive when judging whether a hit was deserving of a fine or suspension.

cubanstogie
12-06-2010, 12:21 PM
Collingsworth may not be a Steeler fan but he sure sounded like one. He went off on the play when Ben was hurt and never once admitted it Ngata's hit was almost certainly not intentional. And the miller hit looked bad in slow motion but I'm not sure it was so bad when you look at it in real time, didn't look intentional as it happened. Remember these plays happen very quickly and slow motion can be deceptive when judging whether a hit was deserving of a fine or suspension.

well now its obvious you are a pure hypocrite. You were all over Harrison for his alleged illegal hits and calling hip a dirty player and won't call the hit on Heath illegal. Besides illegal it was late and intentional. Not that you had any credibility on this board before, you certainly have zero now. Its one thing to be a homer but its another to be obtuse which your statements are. You are delusional if you still think you win division.

MDSteel15
12-06-2010, 12:28 PM
well now its obvious you are a pure hypocrite. You were all over Harrison for his alleged illegal hits and calling hip a dirty player and won't call the hit on Heath illegal. Besides illegal it was late and intentional. Not that you had any credibility on this board before, you certainly have zero now. Its one thing to be a homer but its another to be obtuse which your statements are. You are delusional if you still think you win division.

Thank you for this before I had to unleash on the Ratbird fan....

SteelCityMom
12-06-2010, 12:37 PM

1. To the point that was made in earlier discussions...had that hit against Ben happened to Brady or Manning, that would have been a sure 15 yard penalty and 1st down. If you say otherwise you're either blind or lying. I remember (it was either last year or the year before) Troy was rushing Flacco and Flacco had gotten the ball away...Troy let up, but in the process brushed his hand against Flacco's facemask (didn't even come close to knocking Flacco off balance mind you) and got a penalty out of it. The league and refs are glaringly inconsistent on what roughing the passer is.

2. The Miller hit was absolutely illegal and expect McClain to get a fine. Whether intentional or not, it was 100% NOT by the book. Just like the Harrison hit on Massoquoi. I'm sure neither were intentional, and yes...plays happen quickly. Both deserve(d) fines.

It is comical how now you are using the argument of how deceptive game play is when determining fines when just a day or so ago you were going on and on about how deserved the Harrison fines were and how Tomlin has no control over how his defense tackles. Makes you look like a spineless little weasel to be honest. The least you could have done was man up and either say you were wrong about something or that if Harrison gets fined for something like that, that McClain obviously should too.

Just a completely spineless, gutless joke of a post.

thebus36idf
12-06-2010, 12:57 PM

Collingsworth was pretty nuetral last night. He was right on when he said "Steelers FANS" are probably goin crazy, and he was right. I don't believe that either the Ben, or Miller hit should have been a penalty, but if you weigh it against the penalties Harrison recieved for the Jason Cambell sack and the hit's in the Browns game I agree with what he said wholeheartedly. Harrison even got a penalty in the browns game for a hit on a person runnuning with the ball!!! How crazy this whole thing has become.

bobby jr
12-06-2010, 01:09 PM
OK steeler fans, let's try to keep a little objectivity on the facts shall we.

McClain was not called for a penalty on the Miller hit. While it looked bad in slow motion in real time (both to me and to the refs apparently) it did not look intentional. Therefore there was no penalty called.

Willis MaGahee took a much worse late hit to the head in the AFC championship game a couple of years ago and I didn't see any of you complaining about that when Willis was wheeled off the field.
Miller got up and walked off.

Now I could be mistaken. Perhaps McClain could have let up. Again the play happened very fast. But even if he was guilty of this hit, as my coworker said today, this would not put him in the same boat as Harrison of the Steelers.

Harrison has been repeatedly penalized and fined for flagrant over the top hits. Not just once, but repeatedly. And by the same token this one hit does not mean that Hargrove tolerates head shots.
Tomlin has put up with these shots repeatedly by his man Harrison.

You can't judge a man based upon one occurance, nearly as accurately as you can by repeated behavior.

StainlessStill
12-06-2010, 01:12 PM
http://img254.imageshack.us/img254/8984/murderern.jpg

cloppbeast
12-06-2010, 01:14 PM

McClain was not called for a penalty on the Miller hit. While it looked bad in slow motion in real time (both to me and to the refs apparently) it did not look intentional. Therefore there was no penalty called.

Willis MaGahee took a much worse late hit to the head in the AFC championship game a couple of years ago and I didn't see any of you complaining about that when Willis was wheeled off the field.

Now I could be mistaken. Perhaps McClain could have let up. Again the play happened very fast. But even if he was guilty of this hit, as my coworker said today, this would not put him in the same boat as Harrison of the Steelers.

Harrison has been repeatedly penalized and fined for flagrant over the top hits. Not just once, but repeatedly. And by the same token this one hit does not mean that Hargrove tolerates head shots.

You can't judge a man based upon one occurance, nearly as accurately as you can by repeated behavior.

It doesn't really matter if he let up or not. The NFL hasn't really been cracking down on 'hard' hits, but helmet hits. He may have let up (although I think your crazy. In no way shape or form did he let up), but he hit him in the helmet - therefore it should have been called.

Same with the blow to the head dilivered to Ben.

Clark's hit on Willis would have been a penalty this year. Remember that happened be fore Goodell's recent crackdown.

StainlessStill
12-06-2010, 01:28 PM
Clark's hit on Willis would have been a penalty this year. Remember that happened be fore Goodell's recent crackdown.

Exactly! But make sure you talk slowly next time because our Ratturd fan might not understand the first time. Der Duh DuR.

SteelCityMom
12-06-2010, 01:35 PM

Yeah, cause you're the poster boy for objectivity here. :rolleyes:

Intentional or not is not the issue here. It was a penalty and should have been called as one. You will learn that soon enough when he gets fined. (Same thing happened with the Massoquoi hit...no on field penalty, but fine after the game).

You wanna hear what the head ref had to day DURING the game last night?

The vicious hit Pittsburgh tight end Heath Miller took from Baltimore's Jameel McClain during Sunday night's Steelers win should have been penalized, the NFL's head of officiating, Carl Johnson, told NBC shortly after the play occurred.

http://nfl.fanhouse.com/2010/12/06/heath-miller-hit-should-have-drawn-penalty-nfl-admits/

Late hit to the head? Are you delusional? He had the ball. Late hits are when the ball is already gone. Learn your football facts before you type.

Really? You do know that both McClain and Harrison are going to have the exact same number of fines and penalties for vicious head shots right?

Who's Hargrove? Apparently this Hargrove puts up with as many head shots as Tomlin does.

Not judging the man, because I agree...I don't think it was intentional. He's getting a deserved fine on that though.

You seem to be the one judging Harrison because he's had one fine for a head shot and 3 for "roughing the passer" (all of which were less serious than a broken nose).

steelerschik
12-06-2010, 01:46 PM

Who? Who's Hargrove? It can't be that assclown head coach of the Baltimore Ravens who looks like even more of an assclown after his "holier than thou" pregame rambling of "we know how to hit" crap, can it? Hypocrisy at it's finest and laughable coming from the lowest class HC of the NFL. He is a punk coach coaching a punk team. Your boy make an illegal tackle by all definitions. He should and I would bet will be fined. The rest of your post is garbage as per usual.

I think I understand you now cause no one can be this blind and just plain stupid. You're just trying to get under the skin of Steelers fans cause there is NO WAY you can even believe the crap you spew. :wave:

MaidenIndiana
12-06-2010, 02:52 PM

Could I buy some pot off you???? Evidently you're smoking the good stuff

theplatypus
12-06-2010, 03:09 PM

It doesn't matter if the hit was intentional or not. ANY HIT TO THE QB"S HEAD IS SUPPOSED TO BE AN AUTOMATIC 15 YARD PENALTY!

plenewken
12-06-2010, 03:20 PM

Let's see, you're supposedly a Baltimore Brow..... err I mean Ravens, and you don't know that their HC is Harbaugh and NOT Hargrove ??? You're something, you know?

ARKIESTEEL
12-06-2010, 03:42 PM
If Manning or Brady would have had their nose busted in a game the refs would have called in the local SWAT unit and had that player taken to jail to await his excution..............oh well

bobby jr
12-06-2010, 06:10 PM
Let's see, you're supposedly a Baltimore Brow..... err I mean Ravens, and you don't know that their HC is Harbaugh and NOT Hargrove ??? You're something, you know?

I've been tired today didn't sleep well after that frustrating loss. Explains that mistake. If you had read my prior posts you'd see I've referred to Harbaugh by his name before.

While this loss was painful the team can learn from it and we will almost certainly still make the playoffs so it's not the end of the world. You can't win them all. The Baltimore Ravens are moving on.

bobby jr
12-06-2010, 06:19 PM
It doesn't really matter if he let up or not. The NFL hasn't really been cracking down on 'hard' hits, but helmet hits. He may have let up (although I think your crazy. In no way shape or form did he let up), but he hit him in the helmet - therefore it should have been called.

Same with the blow to the head dilivered to Ben.

I didn't mean to say he let up, he didn't look like he did.

I meant perhaps Mclain could have had the choice to let up at the last minute before he hit him with the helmet, but perhaps he was moving so fast that he had no choice in the matter.

I don't think that hit was as bad as some of the ones Harrison has done.

Oh and Collingsworth, usually a good announcer totally lost his objectivity last night and became a Steelers rooter. He made it sound like Nata's hit was intentional, he went on and on about the McLain hit long after his point was made.

And then when Ben managed to heave the ball two handed out of bounds with Suggs tackling him Chris said something like that was one of the the greatest plays he had ever seen.
Heaving the ball two handed out of bounds is one of the greatest plays of all time???? I think the rules should be changed so that is intentional grounding, in the pocket or out of it. why should a QB be allowed to avoid a sack by heaving the ball where no receiver is near? Intentional grounding I say! And hardly one of the greatest plays ever.

SteelCityMom
12-06-2010, 07:28 PM
I didn't mean to say he let up, he didn't look like he did.

I meant perhaps Mclain could have had the choice to let up at the last minute before he hit him with the helmet, but perhaps he was moving so fast that he had no choice in the matter.

I don't think that hit was as bad as some of the ones Harrison has done.

Oh and Collingsworth, usually a good announcer totally lost his objectivity last night and became a Steelers rooter. He made it sound like Nata's hit was intentional, he went on and on about the McLain hit long after his point was made.

And then when Ben managed to heave the ball two handed out of bounds with Suggs tackling him Chris said something like that was one of the the greatest plays he had ever seen.
Heaving the ball two handed out of bounds is one of the greatest plays of all time???? I think the rules should be changed so that is intentional grounding, in the pocket or out of it. why should a QB be allowed to avoid a sack by heaving the ball where no receiver is near? Intentional grounding I say! And hardly one of the greatest plays ever.

Hey, it's a big deal when Ben gets the ball away, let alone with a broken foot and Suggs hanging on him for a good 5 seconds. :chuckle:

I feel like a broken record telling you this, but apparently it bears repeating. Harrison and McClain have exactly the same number of fines and penalties for head shots. That number is 1 and 0 respectively.

Here is a list of Harrisons fined offenses, if you think anything other than the Massoquoi hit is worse (which even that is debatable) than what happened to Miller last night, you are on dope.

1. Slamming QB Vince Young to the ground - 5k
2. Massoquoi helmet to helmet hit - 75k (considered repeat offender)
3. Late hit (not helmet to helmet) on Brees - 20k
4. Helmet to chest hit on Fitzpatrick - 25k

Take off your homer glasses for a few minutes. You were all about the league protecting players from exactly what happened to Miller and so far, you've done nothing but backtrack from your previous statement. So tell us, since it's becoming clear that not all head shots are worthy of a fine in your opinion, what head shots should be ok and which ones shouldn't?

Whodis
12-06-2010, 07:47 PM
great game yesterday. I hate seeing Steeler fans supporting any type of fine especially Ngata's. If it doesn't get called during a game why bother? It's like the apology from the NFL for the bad calls at the end of the Bengal game.

Bobby, could you please form some type of opinion so that you can bring something to the forum? So are the fines BS or are they just BS when your team gets them?