PDA

View Full Version : Who else thinks Ben is going to cost us this season?

SECTION219
12-06-2010, 05:00 AM
I've never been a Big Ben fan . BUT I really thought the passing game would improve when he came back. Boy was I wrong. I cant help but wonder how it really could be any worse ? The defense kept the team in the game all night. If it wasnt for the fumble Troy causes, I'm sorry we lose this game. No way does he take us 80 yards for a touchdown. He rarely ever tries the longer or deep routes and if he does it 's picked or badly under thrown. Also MAYBE once or twice a game does he hit a guy in stride or in the numbers. I think Ward dropped that one because he was shocked he didnt have to jump 3 feet in the air or pull it from his shoes tops ! It was a terrible pass from Ben that Miller tried to reel in that put him the area where he got blasted. Thank god he was able to walk off the field it still amazes me after seeing his neck snap back !I know all the Ben LOVERS out there will be going crazy saying he's the best QB ever but I just dont see it this year.The passing offense is not good because of his poor play...not the line...not the WR's...him.
No wonder theres no running room, no ones worried about a pass so they stack the box. How many of Ben's completions are passes to WR's a half step off the line of scrimmage...tons. If it wasnt for Redmans great run after the catch we lose this game!
Thinking back did Ben even attempt one pass all night that went into the endzone ? I dont recall any ? Lets here how tough he is with a broken foot and nose.... watch a Pens game and see a guy get hit in the face with a puck going 50mph and get 25 stitches and be back on the ice before his next shift. I think he's ego is bigger than he is tough if anything. This Team beat Atlanta and Tampa with 2nd and 3rd string QB's and also gave the team the lead at the end of the last ravens game ,but the Defense let that one get away. He had 2 good games this year passing Cleavland and the raiders... thats it. The rest he stunk...just like tonight ! I'm done venting... let the bashing begin. Go Steelers! :tt:

OX1947
12-06-2010, 05:07 AM
I just ran out of toilet paper. I printed your post and wiped my ass with it. Thanks man.

BGSU A Dub
12-06-2010, 05:18 AM
The first post by a new member is bashing the Steeler who dug deep despite injury to put a solid game together. Hello salty Ravens fan... Bobby Jr.?

SECTION219
12-06-2010, 05:38 AM
The first post by a new member is bashing the Steeler who dug deep despite injury to put a solid game together. Hello salty Ravens fan... Bobby Jr.?

No dont think so....just a fan that thinks Ben isnt playing good whatsoever. No ravens fan here season ticket holder section 219 row g ..... what because I think Ben has stunk this year I have to be a Ravens fan....gimme a break.

What dont you agree with I guess he's playing awesome huh ? Wtf game are you watching ?

Patriotist
12-06-2010, 05:46 AM
One of the gutsiest efforts you will ever see by a player what Ben Roethlisberger fought through and went through tonight to win this game

JackHammer
12-06-2010, 05:53 AM
I've never been a Big Ben fan . BUT I really thought the passing game would improve when he came back. Boy was I wrong. I cant help but wonder how it really could be any worse ? The defense kept the team in the game all night. If it wasnt for the fumble Troy causes, I'm sorry we lose this game. No way does he take us 80 yards for a touchdown. He rarely ever tries the longer or deep routes and if he does it 's picked or badly under thrown. Also MAYBE once or twice a game does he hit a guy in stride or in the numbers. I think Ward dropped that one because he was shocked he didnt have to jump 3 feet in the air or pull it from his shoes tops ! It was a terrible pass from Ben that Miller tried to reel in that put him the area where he got blasted. Thank god he was able to walk off the field it still amazes me after seeing his neck snap back !I know all the Ben LOVERS out there will be going crazy saying he's the best QB ever but I just dont see it this year.The passing offense is not good because of his poor play...not the line...not the WR's...him.
No wonder theres no running room, no ones worried about a pass so they stack the box. How many of Ben's completions are passes to WR's a half step off the line of scrimmage...tons. If it wasnt for Redmans great run after the catch we lose this game!
Thinking back did Ben even attempt one pass all night that went into the endzone ? I dont recall any ? Lets here how tough he is with a broken foot and nose.... watch a Pens game and see a guy get hit in the face with a puck going 50mph and get 25 stitches and be back on the ice before his next shift. I think he's ego is bigger than he is tough if anything. This Team beat Atlanta and Tampa with 2nd and 3rd string QB's and also gave the team the lead at the end of the last ravens game ,but the Defense let that one get away. He had 2 good games this year passing Cleavland and the raiders... thats it. The rest he stunk...just like tonight ! I'm done venting... let the bashing begin. Go Steelers! :tt:

First off, our passing problems are a result of a number of things. Sometimes it's Ben, sometimes it's the line, sometimes it players dropping passes that are right on the numbers. Anyone who tries to blame any one of those things, and not all of them combined, hasn't been paying much attention to the Steelers this season or has only paid attention to what they want to see as opposed to the whole picture(ie reality).

Secondly, anyone who says Ben rarely tries to throw the "longer or deep routes" definitely isn't paying attention. A lot of times we have drives end because of us going deep on second and long instead of taking short yardage to create 3rd and manageable situations.

Third, you're comparison to a hockey player is complete BS because you can't find a hockey player who has to take a 3-7 step drop and plant most of their 240 pounds onto a broken foot and then push off of it in order to put that weight into the throw. Furthermore, most non-defensive hockey players WILL NOT play on a broken foot PERIOD, unless it's the playoffs and there's no time to get healthy. As far as the broken nose, I don't think playing with a broken nose is anything special, but at the same time, ANYONE who gets their nose broken by a guy like Ngata, and gets back up, is pretty tough PERIOD. My guess is that if it were you in Bens shoes, you'd probably be squirming around and crying like a little bitch if the 350+ pound Ngata bent your nose sideways. While we're on toughness, did you see Ben shrug Suggs off of him the way he did??? Takes a tough guy to do that.......

Finally, yes Ben did put at least on pass into the endzone. If you weren't selective in what you remember, you would have realized that. It was a pass that was just out of Mike Wallaces reach. I blame Wallace on that one. He claims that he can't be overthrown b/c of his speed, so naturally QB's are gonna consistently try to overthrow him knowing that he'll catch up to it and burn the D in the process. Every QB on our roster has taken that very same approach to throwing to Wallace all season long.

SECTION219
12-06-2010, 05:55 AM
One of the gutsiest efforts you will ever see by a player what Ben Roethlisberger fought through and went through tonight to win this game

I see people in wheelchairs and handicaps work 40 hour a week jobs for 8 bucks an hour...thats guts and heart. We won again toinigt in spite of Ben. Get it in your heads and come to reality. Remember all th people who said we cant win a game without Ben , well we went 3-1 with the 2nd and 3rd stringers. He is killing this offense right now.

SECTION219
12-06-2010, 06:05 AM
First off, our passing problems are a result of a number of things. Sometimes it's Ben, sometimes it's the line, sometimes it players dropping passes that are right on the numbers. Anyone who tries to blame any one of those things, and not all of them combined, hasn't been paying much attention to the Steelers this season or has only paid attention to what they want to see as opposed to the whole picture(ie reality).

Secondly, anyone who says Ben rarely tries to throw the "longer or deep routes" definitely isn't paying attention. A lot of times we have drives end because of us going deep on second and long instead of taking short yardage to create 3rd and manageable situations.

Third, you're comparison to a hockey player is complete BS because you can't find a hockey player who has to take a 3-7 step drop and plant most of their 240 pounds onto a broken foot and then push off of it in order to put that weight into the throw. Furthermore, most non-defensive hockey players WILL NOT play on a broken foot PERIOD, unless it's the playoffs and there's no time to get healthy. As far as the broken nose, I don't think playing with a broken nose is anything special, but at the same time, ANYONE who gets their nose broken by a guy like Ngata, and gets back up, is pretty tough PERIOD. My guess is that if it were you in Bens shoes, you'd probably be squirming around and crying like a little bitch if the 350+ pound Ngata bent your nose sideways. While we're on toughness, did you see Ben shrug Suggs off of him the way he did??? Takes a tough guy to do that.......

Finally, yes Ben did put at least on pass into the endzone. If you weren't selective in what you remember, you would have realized that. It was a pass that was just out of Mike Wallaces reach. I blame Wallace on that one. He claims that he can't be overthrown b/c of his speed, so naturally QB's are gonna consistently try to overthrow him knowing that he'll catch up to it and burn the D in the process. Every QB on our roster has taken that very same approach to throwing to Wallace all season long.

Your actually right .. that pass went out of the end zone...badly thrown to a wide open Wallce.Once in 4 qtrs. of play I stand corrected,. Thats not cutting it . If we play the Pats again its another blow out Ben couldnt do dick in that game until the Pats let him ,in mop up time.

JackHammer
I see people in wheelchairs and handicaps work 40 hour a week jobs for 8 bucks an hour...thats guts and heart. We won again toinigt in spite of Ben. Get it in your heads and come to reality. Remember all th people who said we cant win a game without Ben , well we went 3-1 with the 2nd and 3rd stringers. He is killing this offense right now.

Notice how he said "by a player" and not "by any human in any situation". Another invalid comparison on your part.

toughsticks87

Apples and oranges. Perhaps we should try to be a bit more objective and less defensive when debating?

I, for one, still take a healthy Ben in the last two minutes of a game over anyone in the league. But that's just me. I also think whatever passing woes we've had can partially be attributed to Arians.

JackHammer
12-06-2010, 06:07 AM
Your actually right .. that pass went out of the end zone...badly thrown to a wide open Wallce.Once in 4 qtrs. of play I stand corrected,. Thats not cutting it . If we play the Pats again its another blow out Ben couldnt do dick in that game until the Pats let him ,in mop up time.

No, that pass landed in the endzone right where only his WR could make a play on it. And I'm sorry but you can't completely overlook the fact that Brady picked our D apart ALL GAME LONG. Our D couldn't do dick until New England let up on us. If we play New England again, we could have Joe Montana at his peak and we'll still lose if our D plays like they did against them earlier this season.

JackHammer
12-06-2010, 06:19 AM
And how about that pass to Sanders? Ben shakes Nakamura out of his pants, when Nakamura had him dead to rights, and rolls right before hitting Sanders for a 28 yard gain on 3rd and 11. So much for Ben only hitting guys that are just off the line of scrimmage, and never going down the field. Maybe you should learn to pay attention to everything as opposed to only paying attention to your own delusions.

SECTION219
12-06-2010, 06:24 AM
No, that pass landed in the endzone right where only his WR could make a play on it. And I'm sorry but you can't completely overlook the fact that Brady picked our D apart ALL GAME LONG. Our D couldn't do dick until New England let up on us. If we play New England again, we could have Joe Montana at his peak and we'll still lose if our D plays like they did against them earlier this season.

Are you over looking the fact that the D give up 16 points in Buff and barely won... you think the Qb couldhave maybe more than 6 passes the entire second half ? He stunk in Buffalo...he stinks in Baltimore tonight... Check his second half stats in Cinny ... total garbage again. Blame the D but when we have to squeak out wins to teams like those he's not getting it done .Period. Like what you have coming between your vagina ever month. By the way last year Jordan staal played with severed tendons in his foot had surgery and toughed it out for weeks...thats tough. This drama queen told reporters he broke his foot and the Steelers said Ben was full of crap.....MORE DRAMA QUEEN Crap !

BengalDestroyer
12-06-2010, 06:25 AM
After going through what he went through last night to win us the game, no one should questioning his ability. What other quarterback would have had a chance? GO BEN

SECTION219
12-06-2010, 06:31 AM
After going through what he went through last night to win us the game, no one should questioning his ability. What other quarterback would have had a chance? GO BEN

3-1 with out him... i can think of 2 on our roster alone.

TRH
12-06-2010, 07:17 AM
That was a GREAT game played by Ben.

This board is not for people to sign up so they can come in and "trash" a player they don't like.
Leave and go away. Now.

Moderator please?

SH-Rock
12-06-2010, 07:21 AM
Ben pulled Brett Favre out their and won for us. His mobility was limited, I don't know if he had trouble breathing but something must've gone and their would be some implications to his nose being broken. It all comes down OFC. Ben does great in no huddle situations (See the Superbowl)

SECTION219
12-06-2010, 07:29 AM
That was a GREAT game played by Ben.

This board is not for people to sign up so they can come in and "trash" a player they don't like.
Leave and go away. Now.

Moderator please?

I guess you can Bash the Oline in tons of post or say jeff Reed stinks after a bad half season . But to say Ben is playing subpar at best is bashing ? Gimme a freakin break. @@#!#@$)I@$:mad:

Play great ??? Cmon on what did you smoke during the game ? Great? Thats mind boggling that you think he played a great game? Is there ever been a bad game from Ben ? can you think of one ?

zulater
12-06-2010, 07:35 AM

http://www.moronregistry.com/files/moron_certificate_small1.jpg

SECTION219
12-06-2010, 07:43 AM
And how about that pass to Sanders? Ben shakes Nakamura out of his pants, when Nakamura had him dead to rights, and rolls right before hitting Sanders for a 28 yard gain on 3rd and 11. So much for Ben only hitting guys that are just off the line of scrimmage, and never going down the field. Maybe you should learn to pay attention to everything as opposed to only paying attention to your own delusions.

How about the pass Sander wide open down the right sideline no defender in 15 yard s Ben put 10 feet over sanders head out of bounds. You name one pass completion ? I can think of 10 other tonight he completely over thrown to a WR or bounced to them...OPEN YOUR EYES. Take off the Black and Gold sun glasses.

grward
12-06-2010, 08:17 AM
I just watched Ben play with more heart last night than I've seen him play all season. I also was IMPRESSED by his determination and escapability. My prediction to the game was 13 - 3 Ravens and I was wrong BECAUSE Ben hung in there on several plays and didn't give up. Was he perfect? Absolutely not. Was he good enouhg to win? Hell yeah!

Amazing that I wake up this morning stoked because our team played an extremely rough game and came out on top. AND THE FIRST POST I READ IS THIS CRAP?

GO AWAY!

BGSU A Dub
12-06-2010, 08:17 AM
No dont think so....just a fan that thinks Ben isnt playing good whatsoever. No ravens fan here season ticket holder section 219 row g ..... what because I think Ben has stunk this year I have to be a Ravens fan....gimme a break.

What dont you agree with I guess he's playing awesome huh ? Wtf game are you watching ?

I think a person with season tickets would be on this message board long before the middle of the season. Coincidence that this guy shows up as Bobby Jr. leaves? Anyone else smell a troll?

mikegrimey
12-06-2010, 08:28 AM
Ben was shaky at first last night but turned it around as the game went on. Some receivers had crucial drops. Hines at the end of the half (he hassss to make that catch, unacceptable for a player of Hines's caliber) and Sanders in the 3rd quarter (a little more understandable for him and he usually makes up for it but he needs to haul these in). These things kept derailing drives, that and we couldn't pick up the hard yard on 3rd and 1 at any point in the game. He did check down a lot but that's not necessarily a bad thing.

sharkweek
12-06-2010, 08:38 AM
Ben holding off Suggs just to pitch away a ball and save a sack is easily one of the most impressive plays a QB will make all season long and you come in here crying about his supposedly bad game with a broken foot and nose.

Arians play calling and dropped passes are 100x more of a concern for me than Ben's play.

GTFO.

TRH
12-06-2010, 09:28 AM
I guess you can Bash the Oline in tons of post or say jeff Reed stinks after a bad half season . But to say Ben is playing subpar at best is bashing ? Gimme a freakin break. @@#!#@$)I@$:mad:

Play great ??? Cmon on what did you smoke during the game ? Great? Thats mind boggling that you think he played a great game? Is there ever been a bad game from Ben ? can you think of one ?

He played a very good game. Its not just about reading "game stats"...its also about being a leader and general.
Go back to the Super Mario forums and whine and complain like a little b**** over there in your mom's basement. I don't mind reading peoples opinions but thats the stupidest post i've ever read. Get out....not wanted here. If you have something constructive to bring to the table, then come back.

cloppbeast
12-06-2010, 09:32 AM
I have been critical of Ben in the past, as recently as last week, but I'm not saying anything this week.

In my opinion, this was his best game of the season. He was playing against a tenacious defense, yet he hung in the pocket. For once, he looked like he was playing organized football rather than the backyard variety.

This is the best front seven the Steelers have played, yet Ben only took 2 sacks. That's huge. He threw the ball away and took check-downs. I can only hope this is a sign of things to come.

His escape from Suggs on the game winning 'drive' made me ejaculate in my pants.

TRH
12-06-2010, 09:35 AM
that was pretty incredible. How a big tough guy like Suggs can't bring him down after having him in his grasp for that long is mindboggling. Suggs has to be kicking the crap out of himself this morning in disbelief.

SacknificentStew56
12-06-2010, 09:41 AM
This thread sucks more than your favorite female p0rn st@r wearing a c0ck necklace.

rrage
12-06-2010, 09:52 AM
Section, you are a complete bozo for this post. Would you rather have P. Manning at this point because he is costing his team right now. All Burger has done is win inspite of all the o-line turmoil & just hasnt looked great doing it.

SteelCityMom
12-06-2010, 10:07 AM
Man, haters gonna hate.

Our O-line is an absolute patchwork mess right now, but lets put all the blame on Ben who is walking in a boot and wearing a special shoe to play b/c his foot is fcuked (and still manages to scramble for his life) and a broken nose.

jaygorius
12-06-2010, 10:19 AM
I think it is a good life lesson. No matter what you do in life, how hard you fight for something, how good of a job you do, how much you try, etc -- there is always going to be some jerk who says you didn't do good enough.

Whodis
12-06-2010, 10:25 AM
For all the bitching anyone could do about Ben has to disappear after he pushes off Suggs to prevent a sack.

I think he did miss some recievers today, but just when you think he might get back on track they drop a ball or two on him.

I'm much more concerned with the fact that we can't run the ball in December.

SteelCityMom
12-06-2010, 10:35 AM
I'm much more concerned with the fact that we can't run the ball in December.

We can never run against the Ravens. It just doesn't happen with us against them for some reason.

I think we'll do better with our remaining games (except maybe the Jets) with the run game.

steelcity1974
12-06-2010, 10:41 AM
Most worthless post I've ever seen. Appears to be someone hoping to see a man fail and refusing to see the good in what he accomplishes. That was actually one of the best performances I've seen out a QB this season. Very tough play from Ben.

Ben will never be a Brady, Manning, Rogers, or Brees type QB, so he doesn't get mentioned with those guys...but guess what....NONE of those guys will ever be a Ben type QB. And he is the reason this franchise has won 2 superbowls in the last 5 years. Special guy, and glad he's on our side.

StainlessStill
12-06-2010, 10:49 AM
I've never been a Big Ben fan

Stopped reading after this. Plus, paragraphs, make friends with them! You know the "ENTER" key?

Anyway, judging by the title of this thread, If you've watched him his whole career here, he's done everything BUT cost us! History tells you he will step up in the face of clutch & win it for you! Run along.

Big
12-06-2010, 10:57 AM
To the OP: Baltimore has a pretty good D...that mirrors ours. That would be one reason he only threw for 250 yds. Another one would be Arians insistence on calling the worst game he possibly can every week. One more would be the OL that's in shambles. Another could be the WR's cant catch, esp. Hines (What has happened to him this year, btw?). Let's see, oh yea, Ben is playing hurt and also showed one of the most courageous efforts by a QB ever, last night.

I hope this helps.

pitt0wns
12-06-2010, 10:59 AM
Ben the main reason why this team has 2 super bowls this decade.

What was wrong mainly in the Cowher ERA? No QB!

STFU If Ben had an O-line like Brady he would tear it up, put Brady behind our O line and see what happens.

Most QBs wouldn't survive.

Quasar
12-06-2010, 11:11 AM
This drama queen told reporters he broke his foot and the Steelers said Ben was full of crap.....MORE DRAMA QUEEN Crap !

During the first quarter, the commentators said it looked like Ben suffered a broken nose. Andrea Kramer then got the "official" word from the Steelers at halftime, and they said it was just a bloody nose. Chris Collinsworth then took the telestrator and drew a line down Ben's nose, so you could see how crooked it was; and said it sure looked broken to him. After the game, when Andrea Kramer asked about the nose, Ben admitted it was broken.

I don't think you can call Ben a drama queen after that- or say he was full of crap.

SteelCityMom
12-06-2010, 11:16 AM
During thefirst quarter, the commentators said it looked like Ben suffered a broken nose. Andrea Kramer then got the "official" word from the Steelers at halftime, and they said it was just a bloody nose. Chris Collinsworth then took the telestrator and drew a line down Ben's nose, so you could see how crooked it was; and said it sure looked broken to him. After the game, when Andrea Kramer asked about the nose, Ben admitted it was broken.

I don't think you can call Ben a drama queen after that- or say he was full of crap.

I think he was more referring to the foot thing and how it was reported for a minute that it was broken (though those reports never said Ben stated it was broken) and the Steelers coming out and saying it wasn't.

Regardless of whether or not it was broken, or who said it was or wasn't, fact of the matter was he was walking with a special boot all week and playing with a specially made shoe on it, so obviously it was screwed up pretty bad in some way.

Steel_Bus_24
12-06-2010, 11:41 AM
hmmm.........I smell and old troll

I bet this is the dude who was obsessed with Ben a couple of months back.....DownByLaw was his name

I guess hes back to tell us all how "Non-Elite" Ben is again.......:chuckle:

biggtee
12-06-2010, 11:46 AM

YOU KNOW ABSOLUTELY NOTHING ABOUT FOOTBALL STICK TO KNITTING

StainlessStill
12-06-2010, 12:12 PM
I took this from this yahoo's post:

No way does he take us 80 yards for a touchdown

You DO realize back in 2008 that Ben Roethlisberger drove 92 yards to beat Baltimore (#2 defense at that time), IN Baltimore to claim the North Title? Man are you getting owned right now.:helmet: Clean-up on isle FAIL!

steelers0039
12-06-2010, 12:29 PM
I just ran out of toilet paper. I printed your post and wiped my ass with it. Thanks man.

:applaudit: Nicely said!!!!!!:tt:

iceman000123
12-06-2010, 01:34 PM

You serious kid? How disrespectful can ya get? I think we just found Bobby Sr. :rofl:

bigchuck
12-06-2010, 02:05 PM
i dont care much for ben as a person, i think hes arrogant and a punk. but on the feild i dont think theres a QB in the league i would rather have. he may not be the best passer in the league but the guys got a ton of heart and always finds ways to win games and never quits on a play.

steelerjim58
12-06-2010, 02:13 PM
I have got to ask. Why did anyone even redspond to this idiocy?

austinfrench76
12-06-2010, 02:46 PM
What the hell/??!!! Guys got a broken foot and nose and he's hurting us by winning games/?!?! GO ELSEWHERE...

jjpro11
12-06-2010, 03:27 PM
i said this in another thread... i would absolutely love to see Manning or Brady try to play in our offense.. with our oline, coordinator, and inexperienced receivers.. oh how fun that would be.. Manning throws a friggin pick-6 every time a defender breathes on him. Brady throws a hissy fit if a defender so much as makes contact with his foot.

xbroughneck
12-06-2010, 03:58 PM

+1

Original poster...:doh:

Patwork offensive line, having to deal with Bruce Arians, young receiving corp except for the two guys who are too slow to get separation from good defenders...

Leave Ben alone.

MaidenIndiana
12-06-2010, 04:01 PM
Some trolls would bitch if you hung em with a new rope. Maybe Big Ben shagged this trolls old lady

finesward
12-06-2010, 04:14 PM
He is killing this offense right now.

:doh: seriously guy?

put byron leftwich behind that revolving door of an o-line and see how the offense responds. gimme a break!

it's 31 degrees outside, you have a bunk planting foot, a broken nose, and a number of other bumps and bruises at this point of the season. you have a nose tackle and linebacker who are constantly coming free the whole game, you have 2 rookie receivers in the mix, a few dropped passes, and your 2 top tight ends are out of the game.

seriously? none of that was an issue, it was ben throwing a shitty game? that's what your going with? :doh:

Neil-Still-Rules-14
12-06-2010, 04:29 PM
As if actual proof needed to be used...
In the first 4 games, the Steelers offense scored 7 touchdowns (1.75 per game) (4 came in blowout of Bucs).
The offense eclipsed 200 yards passing once.
The offense eclipsed 300 yards total twice.
Combined statistics of Batch+Dixon= 51 of 81 for 606 yards, 3 TDs, 4 INTs (77.5 Rate)
To put it in perspective, this was the average statline of the Steelers' QB: 13 of 20 for 152 yards, 0 TD, 1 INT

Since Ben's return, the Steelers offense has scored 19 touchdowns (2.375 per game).
The offense has eclipsed 200 yards passing six times, 300 yards once.
The offense has eclipsed 300 yards total six times, 400 yards three times.
Ben's statistics= 159 of 258 for 2,078 yards, 13 TDs, 5 INTs (95.7 Rate)
Average statline: 20 of 32 for 260 yards, 2 TDs, 0 INT

SteelWolf62
12-06-2010, 05:38 PM
This guy is an idiot or Troll.

BengalDestroyer
12-06-2010, 06:23 PM

Whatever man.....

Two Super Bowl Championships in four years, the youngest QB to win one, the winningest rookie QB ever....

Also for the record, yeah 3-1 without him, 0-5 vs Baltimore w/o him, and 7-2 against Baltimore with him (including a Championship game) and in case you forgot Baltimore is pretty much the team to beat every year for Pittsburgh. So take your 3-1 (with a healthy fired up defense by the way) and stick it in your....

Take Ben away and stick "a better" passer in there and you won't have as good of a chance, sorry that's just not Steeler football YOU JACKWAGON!!!!

:tt02:BIG :tt: BEN:tt04:

tube517
12-06-2010, 07:02 PM
:blah::blah::blah::blah::blah:

is your last name McNulty?

thebus36idf
12-06-2010, 07:17 PM
I am going to bash Ben only because the last time I did the Steelers won the superbowl. This team is fun to watch because they find ways to win. We drive teams nuts because when we are in a position when we have to win we find ways. Sometimes it's unexplainable. Our defense makes offenses look bad, and Ben drives me, and opponents nuts. . Ben just totally missed two wide open recievers with no pressure. Unless he's presurred he's not so good. Under pressure at times there is noone better. That's why in some weird way this o-line makes Ben Better. Crazy but true. Ben isn't great but He, and we find ways to win. it's the way we have been winning for years, I can't believe it because it's hard to get used too. So I know where this guy is coming from. I however won't bet against this team or Ben so the title of this post is inaccurate as history shows it!!!!

zulater
12-06-2010, 07:25 PM
This guy is an idiot or Troll.

Or perhaps both?! :flap:

grward
12-06-2010, 07:31 PM
Without a doubt ... Section is AKA downbylaw. That explains it all!

finesward
12-06-2010, 07:54 PM

bingo! welcome back down! now go **** yourself

stb_steeler
12-06-2010, 08:06 PM

Yep....he changed pc and IP address........:doh:

LVSteelersfan
12-07-2010, 02:09 AM
This thread qualifies for:

http://lvphcwm.tripod.com/Images/failboat.jpg

JackHammer
12-07-2010, 03:11 AM
Are you over looking the fact that the D give up 16 points in Buff and barely won... you think the Qb couldhave maybe more than 6 passes the entire second half ? He stunk in Buffalo...he stinks in Baltimore tonight... Check his second half stats in Cinny ... total garbage again. Blame the D but when we have to squeak out wins to teams like those he's not getting it done .Period. Like what you have coming between your vagina ever month. By the way last year Jordan staal played with severed tendons in his foot had surgery and toughed it out for weeks...thats tough. This drama queen told reporters he broke his foot and the Steelers said Ben was full of crap.....MORE DRAMA QUEEN Crap !

How can I be overlooking Buffalo when I was quoting your "Ben couldn't do dick in that game until the Pats let him" comment and responding by pointing out the FACT that Ben was not the entire problem in the New England(as in, NOT BUFFALO) game???? Buffalo(as in, NOT NEW ENGLAND) has nothing to do with that, at all. The fact is, the Patriots game was a TEAM LOSS, and that can be said about all of our whopping 3 losses. And that's not mentioning how badly we've been hit by the injury bug throughout the roster, and how it effects things like our pass protection on O and our pass rush on D.

Since you want to talk about Buffalo though, 61% for 295 yards and no TD's or INT's doesn't qualify as stunk. Don't get me wrong, it's not a great game, but it's not stinking it up either.

Also, when did Ben tell reporters that he had a broken foot? I can't find a quote or video of it anywhere. I guess he's a drama queen for being quiet? The Post Gazette, on the other hand, did report the injury as a broken foot. And yes the Steelers denied it, but if you paid attention to last nights game you'd remember that they also denied that his nose was broken and told NBC that it was just a "bloody nose", when it was CLEARLY BROKEN, AND CONFIRMED BY CAMERAS DURING THE GAME AND THE TEAM AFTERWARD.

On to your Jordan Staal comment, which is hilarious because you obviously cannot read very well. So I'm gonna show you exactly what I said and spell out why you're not good at reading comprehension. I said:

Furthermore, most non-defensive hockey players WILL NOT play on a broken foot PERIOD, unless it's the playoffs and there's no time to get healthy.

Staal had surgery in early May and played on the injury because(pay CLOSE ATTENTION, this next part is very important) IT WAS THE PLAYOFFS AND THERE WAS NO TIME TO GET HEALTHY. This is exactly how Ben and the Steelers are approaching his foot, except it's before the playoffs.

Facts: Ben is well over the 2TD-1INT ratio and has over 2,000 yards in 8 games. His rating is 95.7, which is 6th behind Brady(1), Vick(2), Rivers(3), Rodgers(4), and Cassel(5). Really good company he keeps there..... He only has 2 fewer 40+ yard completions than Tom Brady, in 8 games. He has 34 20+ yard completions which is: 4 less than Brees and Vick; 7 fewer than Brady; 9 fewer than Rodgers; 11 fewer than Eli; and 1 MORE than Peyton "Football Jesus" Manning...... in 8 games. I say Ben is doing just fine, and even though he's not playing up to the standard that we've come to expect from him, he sure as hell ain't stinking it up.

ricardisimo
12-07-2010, 03:22 AM
Like lemmings to the cliffs, we are... Why is it that the more idiotic the post, the more responses we give? Like me right now; why the hell am I replying here? I am feeling so dirty and used right now. :doh:

JackHammer
12-07-2010, 03:25 AM

6-2 with him, which can be reduced as a fraction to 3-1. Also, we beat Baltimore with him and lost to them without him. That, and a career full of clutch plays that won BIG games(both regular season and playoffs) for us time and time again, make him WAY better than the 2 on our roster alone.

JJ7
12-07-2010, 06:58 AM
Most worthless post I've ever seen. Appears to be someone hoping to see a man fail and refusing to see the good in what he accomplishes. That was actually one of the best performances I've seen out a QB this season. Very tough play from Ben.

Ben will never be a Brady, Manning, Rogers, or Brees type QB, so he doesn't get mentioned with those guys...but guess what....NONE of those guys will ever be a Ben type QB. And he is the reason this franchise has won 2 superbowls in the last 5 years. Special guy, and glad he's on our side.

So many great responses I could of quoted! Loved all the great comebacks. Ben deserves all the respect and support he has gotten in them. There is always one jack#ss in the crowd so my hat is off to you season ticket holder :hatsoff:

finesward
12-07-2010, 07:33 AM
Yep....he changed pc and IP address........:doh:

and using a proxy is so difficult :doh:

BGSU A Dub
12-07-2010, 07:51 AM
Like lemmings to the cliffs, we are... Why is it that the more idiotic the post, the more responses we give? Like me right now; why the hell am I replying here? I am feeling so dirty and used right now. :doh:

My hypothesis is when there is an idiotic post, we try to pump intellect and rational thought into it, whereas a "good" post already has that. It's kinda like a car accident, you know you shouldn't pay attention to it but it's so hard to resist the temptation.

BigRick
12-07-2010, 12:29 PM
WHAT A MORON ! :rofl:

zsheik22
12-08-2010, 08:12 AM

Offensive Line. Bruce Arians.