PDA

View Full Version : Fan throws syringe at Bonds

pucho58
04-04-2006, 01:49 PM
http://www.usatoday.com/sports/baseball/games/2006-04-03-giants-padres-bonds_x.htm

I think its funny but the fan was wrong. I can see maybe verbal abusing players but to throw something at them is going to far.

SteelerDan43
04-04-2006, 02:04 PM
You can scream anything you want at them but profanity of course (family enviroment) but throwing something/comming on to the field should be a lifetime ban from all mlb parks. Hell you already get kicked out for thowing back an opposing teams home run ball

83-Steelers-43
04-04-2006, 02:20 PM
While I don't agree with the action, I do find it funny and not surprising. It couldn't have happened to a bigger scumbag.

clevestinks
04-04-2006, 04:17 PM
Sorry guys! I like Bonds! and innocent to proven guilty! He may have juiced, but that doesnt help him see and hit the ball. His eye for any pitch is second to none. Even now without the drugs he can flat out hit the cover off the ball. if pitchers would pitch to him the record would have been over.

83-Steelers-43
04-04-2006, 04:23 PM
For me, it's not just about the steroids when it comes to Barry Bonds. It's what comes out of his mouth (his Babe Ruth comment in particular), it's his actions and in the end it is the steroids which may not help you see and hit the ball, but it does help with the distance when you make contact with the ball. The guy is a disgrace and one more black eye for "America's Past time".

Ambridge
04-04-2006, 04:26 PM
Sorry guys! I like Bonds! and innocent to proven guilty! He may have juiced, but that doesnt help him see and hit the ball.

I don't think steroids gave him Bionic Vision but it sure made him bigger, faster and stronger which can sure help him hit the ball.

RoethlisBURGHer
04-04-2006, 05:48 PM
That's funny,but you shouldn't throw things on the field.I remember in Albert Belle's first game back to The Jake,Indians fans threw dead batteries at him.I wonder what Thome's first game back will be like.

But I think you should be allowed to throw the opposing team's HR ball back if you'd like.That's different than syringes and dead batteries.

MattsMe
04-05-2006, 02:43 AM
But I think you should be allowed to throw the opposing team's HR ball back if you'd like.That's different than syringes and dead batteries.

I agree. Save the syringes and dead batteries for beaches and schoolyards.

83-Steelers-43
04-05-2006, 10:56 AM
It's amusing watching the ESPN segment on Bonds (Bonds on Bonds) where Barry get's to tell us all how bad he has it in life and how bad people treat him. Barry, take a moment and look in the mirror. You brought it on yourself ever since your days in Pittsburgh.

HburgXL06
04-05-2006, 02:24 PM
It's amusing watching the ESPN segment on Bonds (Bonds on Bonds) where Barry get's to tell us all how bad he has it in life and how bad people treat him. Barry, take a moment and look in the mirror. You brought it on yourself ever since your days in Pittsburgh.

Pittsburgh? Wha?

BuFu

83-Steelers-43
04-05-2006, 03:06 PM
Pittsburgh? Wha?

BuFu

When Barry Bonds played for the Pirates, in Pittsburgh...... he was an arrogant a-hole back then. Hence, that's why I stated "ever since your days in Pittsburgh".

tony hipchest
04-05-2006, 03:12 PM
I agree. Save the syringes and dead batteries for beaches and schoolyards.:sofunny:

HburgXL06
04-05-2006, 03:38 PM
When Barry Bonds played for the Pirates, in Pittsburgh...... he was an arrogant a-hole back then. Hence, that's why I stated "ever since your days in Pittsburgh".

Yea I didn't know he played in Pittsburgh ever. I don't follow baseball too much (Pirates haven't been good in years so w.o a Pittsburgh team to follow there is no use). When did he play in Pittsburgh and for how long. Did he look like he does now back then? How was he an ******* on the Pirates? My roommate says he came into the league as a base stealer and now he's so jacked he hits homeruns.

BuFu

83-Steelers-43
04-05-2006, 03:44 PM
He played for the Pirates from 1986 to 1992. He looks nothing like he did when he was a Pirate. Think Griffey Jr. type of build. As for what he did here. He fought with the coaching staff, wouldn't listen to them. Made idiotic comments in the media. It was only after he left here that the domestic assault, fighting with teammates, steroids, mistress's etc. etc. started to occur.

Great guy huh? Good role model and person for the game of baseball.

83-Steelers-43
04-05-2006, 04:04 PM
http://www.newsday.com/media/photo/2006-03/22327462.jpg - The Barry Bonds of old.

HburgXL06
04-05-2006, 04:04 PM
^OMFG that's nuts!!

My roommate knows more about my own "hometown" teams than I do! Haha......damn I'm pathetic. I need to start following that harder. Anyway that is sh*tty on his part. I don't like him in general. He is an arrogant bastard and is finally gettin some of the feedback he deserves.

It is sad that professional sports are being so mired with these constant problems of arrogant, lawbreaking, cheating (steroids is cheating) players. I'm 19 and besides the Steelers I see constantly less and less of players that kids could look up to. Where are the role models? It's sad. Oh well at least we have the Steelers. Peace.

BuFu

83-Steelers-43
04-05-2006, 04:10 PM
My roommate knows more about my own "hometown" teams than I do! Haha......damn I'm pathetic. I need to start following that harder.

When it comes to the Pirates, consider yourself fortunate. Fifteen years of ulcers and slamming your head on a bar time and time again is not something you want. I would wait another fifteen years and see where we are then before you decide to start paying more attention. Trust me, it's for your own good. I watch them on TV (to burn time until Steeler season), but I won't pay a cent to that organization or league until it striaghtens up.

HburgXL06
04-05-2006, 04:40 PM
When it comes to the Pirates, consider yourself fortunate. Fifteen years of ulcers and slamming your head on a bar time and time again is not something you want. I would wait another fifteen years and see where we are then before you decide to start paying more attention. Trust me, it's for your own good.

I'll keep that in mind. I remember way back in the day when I was real young (early 90s prolly) my grandparents took me to a Pirates game in Three River Stadium. I don't remember anythin other than that the Pirates won 2-1. The league needs to reinstate the salary cap so that the Yankees can't just buy a team every year and give teams like the Pirates a chance.

BuFu

melroseplace
04-05-2006, 04:41 PM
wow, the Pirates Bonds really does look nothing like he does today.
I don't follow the Pirates much...never got that into baseball. I love going to the games tho...PNC Park is awesome

BBC
04-05-2006, 05:02 PM
Where are the role models? It's sad.

They're our soldiers in Iraq. They're our police and firemen protecting us. They are your parents putting a roof over your head and food on your plate.

Athletes aren't and should never be considered heroes.

Back on topic though, while I hate Bonds, throwing the syringe was in bad taste. Don't stoop to his level. He's an *******, everyone knows it, don't be like him.

83-Steelers-43
04-05-2006, 05:15 PM
Whether we like or not, little kids that play sports look up to athletes and they do look at them as heroes. It has always been that way and it will always be that way.

There is a reason why kids want autographs, to meet the players or that cool Hines Ward jersey. There is a reason why kids point before they set their feet at the plate, to immitate Babe Ruth. There is a reason why kids give an arm pump after they score a goal in a hockey game, to immitate Mario Lemieux. Why do they do this? Because they look up to those athletes and want to be like them.

While I'm not stating athletes should come into our homes and raise our children, they do need to realize that children look up to them and always will.

HburgXL06
04-05-2006, 05:26 PM
They're our soldiers in Iraq. They're our police and firemen protecting us. They are your parents putting a roof over your head and food on your plate.

Athletes aren't and should never be considered heroes.

Back on topic though, while I hate Bonds, throwing the syringe was in bad taste. Don't stoop to his level. He's an *******, everyone knows it, don't be like him.

The soldiers and firemen I agree wit. The problem is that these heroes are not so much in the spotlight that professional sports players are. You don't go sit in a stadium to watch firemen extinguish a blaze or soldiers protect our country. ESPN Sportscenter don't cover the highlights of the latest battle. Like it or not pro players are most easily recognized as role models. Their on TV during the games, on the game highlights on either the news or sportscenter, and now on commercials advertisin almost anythin you can imagine. That's why it becomes so sad when those players start actin more immature and spoiled than the kids that look up to them. Peace.

BuFu

BBC
04-05-2006, 05:29 PM
The soldiers and firemen I agree wit. The problem is that these heroes are not so much in the spotlight that professional sports players are. You don't go sit in a stadium to watch firemen extinguish a blaze or soldiers protect our country. ESPN Sportscenter don't cover the highlights of the latest battle. Like it or not pro players are most easily recognized as role models. Their on TV during the games, on the game highlights on either the news or sportscenter, and now on commercials advertisin almost anythin you can imagine. That's why it becomes so sad when those players start actin more immature and spoiled than the kids that look up to them. Peace.

BuFu

And that is what is wrong with this world.

83-Steelers-43
04-05-2006, 05:31 PM

Yeah, one of many. What can you do? A great numbers of kids grow up playing sports. They don't grow up putting out fires or dodging a bullet from a terrorist. Something tells me a kid would rather watch a ball game than a full scale battle on CNN or non-stop footage of firefighters going into the WTC buildings only to meet death. Personally, I would have no problem if my kid (if I had one) looked up to Hines Ward or Jerome Bettis.

BBC
04-05-2006, 05:32 PM
Yeah, one of many. What can you do?

Not much, just sit back and hope that something changes.

Don't hold your breath though...

83-Steelers-43
04-05-2006, 05:34 PM
Not much, just sit back and hope that something changes.

Don't hold your breath though...

I'm not. Personally, I have no problem with it to begin with. If I were to have kids I would show them the difference between Hines Ward and Barry Bonds. It would be nice though to see athletes act more mature these days. Instead of blaming everybody but themselves, getting arrested for drugs, beating family members and acting like complete dopes.

BBC
04-05-2006, 05:43 PM
I'm not. If I were to have kids I would show them the difference between Hines Ward and Barry Bonds. It would be nice though to see athletes act more mature these days. Instead of blaming everybody but themselves, getting arrested for drugs, beating family members and acting like complete dopes.

Yeah, it would be nice for the people our kids look up to look more like adults and idols than thugs and idiots.

Again, don't hold your breath. ;)

83-Steelers-43
04-05-2006, 05:44 PM
Yeah, I guess it's much like holding your breath on that all of a sudden children will stop looking up to athletes. Not that I see anything wrong with that to begin with as long as it's the right athlete.

BBC
04-05-2006, 05:52 PM
Not that I see anything wrong with that to begin with as long as it's the right athlete.

Right, people like Hines, Jerome, and Tillman I wouldn't have a problem with my kids looking up to (obviously I'd much rather it be a war vet - much like Tillman). Much better than T.O. or Bonds.

HburgXL06
04-05-2006, 06:01 PM

I completely agree wit you on that.

Yeah, one of many. What can you do? A great numbers of kids grow up playing sports. They don't grow up putting out fires or dodging a bullet from a terrorist. Something tells me a kid would rather watch a ball game than a full scale battle on CNN or non-stop footage of firefighters going into the WTC buildings only to meet death. Personally, I would have no problem if my kid (if I had one) looked up to Hines Ward or Jerome Bettis.

If/when I have kids I hope there are still men like Bettis and Ward for them to look up to.

BuFu

tony hipchest
04-05-2006, 06:29 PM
i love the spin on this. now its being called a "toy syringe" lol. does that come with a toy spoon, a toy lighter, and some toy powdery substance?

the marlins have a lower payroll than 12 different players. nascar has what is called field fillers who help make the 43 car quota. a low budget, often non-established team team who makes the race but has no shot of winning and is really lucky just to not blow up or get wrecked out of the race. pirates are definitely the field fillers of the mlb. but i do enjoy the way they scrap and always play hard, wire to wire. i will always go to a game if i have a chance. my last game was in 3 rivers final year. i had seats directly behind home plate in the top (6th? orange or red seat?) level. it it because i had never seen a game from up there before or were these the best seats in the park for baseball?

HburgXL06
04-05-2006, 07:58 PM
Good or not it's always great to see players play hard. I remember I always loved goin to Sunday afternoon Harrisburg Senators games wit my dad. They are the AA team to the Washington Nationals now. I'd say because of that (and because DC is closer than Montreal) I'd prolly cheer for the Nationals along wit the Pirates.

BuFu

MattsMe
04-06-2006, 01:37 AM
Hehe...I just realized something. I bet the 'roids have made Barry's testicles look like a pair of his initials.

(BB's, if you didn't get it.)