PDA

View Full Version : Receivers

SteelKnight
12-06-2010, 10:09 AM
I was happy to see both Sanders and Brown out there. Ben doesn't seem to have any hesitation and the more they get to work together in practice, the better they will become.

I was happy to see no Randle El out there...except for his one fair catch. He needs to be deactivated. Just use Brown.

Having Sanders and Brown out there may eventually free Wallace up more because then you have 3 burners.

I don't know what's going on with Ward lately. This could be his last year. I want him to go out on top. Much love for what he has given us. I hope he has enough in the tank for one more Superbowl run. If he is going to be on the field, we are going to need him.

Curtain_of_Steel
12-06-2010, 10:14 AM
I think they played well, still need to come back to the ball as they need to understand BB is going to be under pressure every play.

Ward pretty much was a non factor all game. So the others needs to start stepping it up.

ZoneBlitzer
12-06-2010, 12:19 PM
I'm not impressed with this receiving corps. On several occasions they struggled to get open. Sanders and Brown are carbon copies. They are short, quick, slot-receiver types. They miss Holmes big play ability. I haven't seen enough elusiveness from Wallace just yet. They need some size in the WR department to compliment the two short players, the speedster and Hines. This is why I say they have to make a push for Fitz in the off-season.

Merchant
12-06-2010, 12:21 PM
I'm not impressed with this receiving corps. On several occasions they struggled to get open. Sanders and Brown are carbon copies. They are short, quick, slot-receiver types. They miss Holmes big play ability. I haven't seen enough elusiveness from Wallace just yet. They need some size in the WR department to compliment the two short players, the speedster and Hines. This is why I say they have to make a push for Fitz in the off-season.

Fitz?? Keep dreaming..

ZoneBlitzer
12-06-2010, 12:26 PM
Fitz?? Keep dreaming..

Hey, what can I say...my moves are based on what I would do playing Madden. ;)

MDSteel15
12-06-2010, 12:31 PM
So that means you have us picking up AR or Chris Johnson?

MDSteel15
12-06-2010, 12:32 PM
So that means you have us picking up AP or Chris Johnson? :coffee:

mikegrimey
12-06-2010, 12:36 PM
Sanders looks ahead of Brown in the receiving department but man is Brown fast or what? Sanders has been dropping a pass here or there but he's obviously not letting it get to his head because he's coming back and making catches later. I'm glad to see Randle El on the bench too, he gave us just as many drops as Sanders but without the potential. Imagine how much more useless he would be on this team had Holmes not gotten shipped out.

iceman000123
12-06-2010, 12:51 PM
Fitz?? Keep dreaming..

Haha Fitz. That'd be nice but yea right. If our line was patched up we could start getting our tight end Miller in on a lot more plays like we used too. That of course would do wonders for our passing attack. But our line is getting more and more banged up every week. :banging:

Fire Arians
12-06-2010, 01:04 PM

sanders is the same height/frame as santonio was. brown is more of the slot wr build. wallace looks elusive enough when they were throwing the quick hitters to him, i remember one being a long gainer. With the type of speed he has, he doesn't have to be the most elusive guy, making 1 miss could equal 6 points. There's almost no DB's in the league that would be able to catch him if he gets behind the defense. About brown/sanders, give the 2 kids some time, they will only get better the more they work together in practice

cubanstogie
12-06-2010, 02:29 PM
no need to fear, Limas Sweed will be back next year. :chuckle:

Steel-Bryan
12-06-2010, 02:48 PM

you never know, he could be a great comback story

Neil-Still-Rules-14
12-06-2010, 03:03 PM
you never know, he could be a great comback story

I agree. I think El should be cut after this year...I don't really know the story on Battle, if he's contributing on ST or not. It says on nfl.com he has 6 tackles. As for the rest of the season, I think the depth chart should look like this:
1. Ward
2. Wallace
3. Sanders
4. Brown
5. Randle El
6. Battle

Only use El as the PR when the punt will land inside the 20, as they have been doing. I still like to have him active so they can run some 5 WR packages; I'm a fan of those.

iceman000123
12-06-2010, 03:23 PM

It would be nice to scream SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEED!!!! While waving the Terrible Towel! :tt02:

SteelKnight
12-06-2010, 09:42 PM
Fitz?? Keep dreaming..

He meant Sweed...lol

SteelKnight
12-06-2010, 09:50 PM
sanders is the same height/frame as santonio was. brown is more of the slot wr build. wallace looks elusive enough when they were throwing the quick hitters to him, i remember one being a long gainer. With the type of speed he has, he doesn't have to be the most elusive guy, making 1 miss could equal 6 points. There's almost no DB's in the league that would be able to catch him if he gets behind the defense. About brown/sanders, give the 2 kids some time, they will only get better the more they work together in practice

Yes...practice is key. Should I dive?...will he throw it over the inside or outside shoulder? Does he know how fast I run?

That one pick was a mix up. It was weird how brown and Wallace were going to the same place. That increases the defenders. I bet ya Brown messed that up.

I do like that brown was holding on to the ball...slightly better than Sanders I might add. Who would have thought both the sixth rounder and the 3rd rounder would be in there together. I think when they are in there together it is good because they are trying to outdo each other in a friendly way. Like I have said, I like how Ben will throw to anybody without hesitation.

SteelKnight
12-06-2010, 09:53 PM

LOL I always wondered whether they beat the swagger out of him by trying to make him humble. Wallace was naturally humble but Sanders and Brown came with a lot of talk, confidence and swagger. That would have helped Sweed...but he would still need to hold on to the ball. I wish though I could have seen him talk with confidence...not that humble BS.

SH-Rock
12-06-2010, 09:57 PM
This is Sweed's potential

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S8UQ2cZuHxw

I don't think there's nothing wrong with him. All he needs is a coach that can nurture and build him, which I think Arians cannot do.

It's quite saddening that he couldn't be what the Steelers expect him to be.

SteelKnight
12-06-2010, 09:58 PM
Only use El as the PR when the punt will land inside the 20, as they have been doing. I still like to have him active so they can run some 5 WR packages; I'm a fan of those.

What a waste of a roster spot. First, I think 4 plus Heath would be good enough but even if 5WR were necessary, battle is good enough. I wouldn't keep im just for that.

I say Brown is going to have to learn sooner or later to catch within the 20 so why not now. All ARE does is fair catch...I swear I saw him waving his arm before the punter kicked it (kidding). Brown might break one and help with field position.

lionslicer
12-06-2010, 10:23 PM

Holmes was a unique talent, but Brown/Sanders recieving in the future will make good things happen in the future. Wallace still isn't strong enough to get off the line if cornerbacks jam him well. Moss has the same problem now that he's older and weaker. If Wallace spends time in the weight room this offseason he'll be a lot better on shorter routes, because as we have seen, he's fast in the open field, he just needs to get open.

tony hipchest
12-06-2010, 10:23 PM
I agree. I think El should be cut after this year...I don't really know the story on Battle, if he's contributing on ST or not. It says on nfl.com he has 6 tackles. As for the rest of the season, I think the depth chart should look like this:
1. Ward
2. Wallace
3. Sanders
4. Brown
5. Randle El
6. Battle

Only use El as the PR when the punt will land inside the 20, as they have been doing. I still like to have him active so they can run some 5 WR packages; I'm a fan of those.i hate 5 wr packages cause it means taking miller AND mendenhall off the field at the same time (although that may not be so much of an issue now with millers latest injury).

IMO you want your best and most talented players on the field.

lionslicer
12-06-2010, 10:25 PM
i hate 5 wr packages cause it means taking miller AND mendenhall off the field at the same time (although that may not be so much of an issue now with millers latest injury).

IMO you want your best and most talented players on the field.

When they do 5 WR packages Miller is usually on the field, he's just in a reciever spot rather than on the line. If he's not in the game its probably more because he needs a breather than Arians wanting El in the game.