PDA

View Full Version : 2 Punters to work out on Tuesday

Neil-Still-Rules-14
12-06-2010, 05:59 PM
I've read multiple sources saying that Jeremy Kapinos and Ricky Schmitt will be competing for the newly open punting job tomorrow.

Schmitt seems to have been mostly a kicker in his career and has never punted in a regular season game. However, he has done a nice job in the preseason punting (he led the league in average and net average this past preseason). He would also possibly be able to take over duties kicking off, as he seems to be quite amazing at this. I'm not sure if he's ever been a holder before. He is 25 and has played for the Cardinals, Steelers, 49ers, Raiders, and Titans. He would likely wear jersey number 2.

Kapinos is without a doubt the more experienced of the two. He has played for the Jets, Packers, and Colts. He has some nice looking averages and has also held before. He played for the Colts earlier this season. He would probably wear jersey number 3.

So what do you guys think?

GMU Steeler
12-06-2010, 06:06 PM
I'd go with Kapinos. The more experienced of the two and if he's kicked for hte Packers, he knows all about punting in tough conditions.

MDSteel15
12-06-2010, 06:16 PM
Or say screw it and let Suisham do both! :noidea:

Whodis
12-06-2010, 08:33 PM
^this

I thought he punted better then Sep

lionslicer
12-06-2010, 09:05 PM

NFL rules says teams have to have atleast 1 punter on the roster. Which is stupid. They also say teams have to have atleast 1 fullback which is why David Johnson is a fullback on the roster even though he's a tightend.

SteelKnight
12-06-2010, 11:02 PM
I'm still laughing at the Berger thread. People need to lighten up. It is bad to pass false info for shock value but that one was hilarious. We should all get a kick out of that one. lol

steelerchad
12-06-2010, 11:17 PM
I'm still laughing at the Berger thread. People need to lighten up. It is bad to pass false info for shock value but that one was hilarious. We should all get a kick out of that one. lol

Comon man. Berger is a Super Bowl Champion punter, with a ring to prove it.

steelerchad
12-06-2010, 11:18 PM

The puints were good. The catching of the snap looked pretty shaky to me. That's a block waiting to happen.

steve314
12-06-2010, 11:52 PM

What do you do if Suisham gets injured?

Merchant
12-07-2010, 12:12 AM
Schmitt would make me a little nervous if he's never punted in a meaningful game. Imagine being backed up in your own endzone at Heinz Field during the playoffs with a fierce wind blowing snow in your face.. that's a different story than punting in a preseason game in the summer.

If it were up to me, I'd have to go with the more experienced Kapinos.

SacknificentStew56
12-07-2010, 05:27 AM
Kapinos gets my vote. Experience is key in the league as well as during playoff time. Great punting during a game when needed can be a difference maker in any game especially in the postseason.