PDA

View Full Version : We CANNOT look past the Bengals this week!!!!!

ricardisimo
12-07-2010, 02:30 AM
I'm kidding, of course. :toofunny:

Actually, we can and should be looking past them towards the Jets game. But I just thought I'd get all of the obligatory doom-and-gloom prophecies going early. Let's hear from everyone about just how scary the Bung-Holes are looking, how there's nothing more dangerous than a wounded animal, how awful we're playing, :blah::blah::blah::blah::blah:.

We've beaten everyone we were expected to beat, and this will be no exception. :tt03::tt::tt04::tt02:

MattsMe
12-07-2010, 02:46 AM
I've been waiting for someone to post the obligatory SF "Is (insert next opponent with losing record here) a classic trap game?" thread.

:thumbsup:

Now that that's out of the way, can we see if anyone's (and I do mean anyone) been cut so we can talk about whether the Steelers should sign them?

ricardisimo
12-07-2010, 02:51 AM
I've been waiting for someone to post the obligatory SF "Is (insert next opponent with losing record here) a classic trap game?" thread.

:thumbsup:

Now that that's out of the way, can we see if anyone's (and I do mean anyone) been cut so we can talk about whether the Steelers should sign them?
Already happened (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showpost.php?p=876390&postcount=6), my friend.

MattsMe
12-07-2010, 02:54 AM
:doh: I'm so far behind.

None of this matters though. Ben is going to cost us the season anyway.

ricardisimo
12-07-2010, 02:58 AM

:sofunny: :toofunny::chuckle: :hatsoff: Thank you for that.

DanRooney
12-07-2010, 03:16 AM
The Bengals game is a lot more important than the Jets game.

ricardisimo
12-07-2010, 03:25 AM

It's worse (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=63599) than I thought.

MattsMe
12-07-2010, 03:38 AM
It's worse (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=63599) than I thought.

What fools! Passing on Wade Phillips in favor of Josh McDaniels? :shake01:

Actually, it really does speak to just how much Wade sucks that no one started a thread about hiring him here. Isn't that like the ultimate insult?

sharkweek
12-07-2010, 04:04 AM
The Bengals game is a lot more important than the Jets game.

this

Right now, since we split games with the Ravens, the tie breaker is division record, which the Ravens have 2 losses to our 1, thus we can afford to lose to the Jets or Panthers as long as we beat both Cinci and Cleveland to finish 12-4 and 5-1 in the division, assuming the Ravens win out (which seems no more or less likely than us winning out, they get the Saints whereas our toughest game is against the Jets)

If we do lose one more game ideally it will be against the Panthers because they're an NFC team, however they're easily one of the worst teams in the league, if not the worst, and by a long shot. Losing to them would be a travesty and I wouldn't feel worthy of the playoffs if we did.

Anyways, hopefully we finish the regular season 4-0.

The Pats actually have a pretty tough final 4 games, they have to play both the Bears and Packers in the next two weeks, and finish the season with two divisional games against the Bills and Dolphins.

OX1947
12-07-2010, 04:13 AM
Damn, I looked past them. Does that mean the Bengals are going to win now?

steelax04
12-07-2010, 07:03 AM
I'm kidding, of course. :toofunny:

Actually, we can and should be looking past them towards the Jets game. But I just thought I'd get all of the obligatory doom-and-gloom prophecies going early. Let's hear from everyone about just how scary the Bung-Holes are looking, how there's nothing more dangerous than a wounded animal, how awful we're playing, :blah::blah::blah::blah::blah:.

We've beaten everyone we were expected to beat, and this will be no exception. :tt03::tt::tt04::tt02:

You are slacking, my friend... you forgot to mention this is the typical, classic TRAP GAME.

grward
12-07-2010, 07:22 AM

:rofl: :flap: :toofunny:

steelerchad
12-07-2010, 07:43 AM
this

Right now, since we split games with the Ravens, the tie breaker is division record, which the Ravens have 2 losses to our 1, thus we can afford to lose to the Jets or Panthers as long as we beat both Cinci and Cleveland to finish 12-4 and 5-1 in the division, assuming the Ravens win out (which seems no more or less likely than us winning out, they get the Saints whereas our toughest game is against the Jets)

If we do lose one more game ideally it will be against the Panthers because they're an NFC team, however they're easily one of the worst teams in the league, if not the worst, and by a long shot. Losing to them would be a travesty and I wouldn't feel worthy of the playoffs if we did.

Anyways, hopefully we finish the regular season 4-0.

The Pats actually have a pretty tough final 4 games, they have to play both the Bears and Packers in the next two weeks, and finish the season with two divisional games against the Bills and Dolphins.

All simulations at 12-4 have us taking the division over Baltimore. So, we still hold a tie breaker even if we lose to the Bengals. We can lose 1 game to any team, but just 1 and still win the division and #2 seed.

Rick5895
12-07-2010, 09:57 AM
Division games are the most important, and this game against the BUNGLES is very important, I would dare say this is a MUST WIN.

SoCalFan
12-07-2010, 10:30 AM
I hate these type games and we are SO BANGED UP!This will also be a superbowl for the bungles,they will give us all they got.

saveus1011
12-07-2010, 10:30 AM
We shall win.

And honestly, I'm not scared of the Jets.

TRH
12-07-2010, 10:53 AM
now of course i want to WIN this game....

But it will be priceless admission if one of our DB's absolutely flattens either T.O. or O.C. (or both). Or if they embarrass themselves in some way after the way their big mouths were talking after the last game (which they lost...)

Whodis
12-07-2010, 12:29 PM
We just have to be able to put the Bengals away.

I like the Rats at home against an NFC dome team. I also like any team against Sanchez in the cold! I called the NE game, anyone remember his mo last year? He sucks in the cold weather and I hope the weather for that game is like it is today!!!

iceman000123
12-07-2010, 01:13 PM
I'm would say the Bengals would be more dangerous to us then the Jets. They hold victories over 2 teams with winning records. Dolphins and PATS. And after yesterday we all saw what should of happened in week 2. That being the said, the Bengals nearly did in the Saints who we suffered a lost to. Sure we've beaten the Bengals but we almost allowed them to come back on us...I'm definitely not looking past them especially being as banged up as we are right now.

LVSteelersfan
12-07-2010, 02:31 PM
Woe is me. We are toast because the Bungles and Clowns are both going to beat us. Bottom line is we need to win all the games and hope the Patriots falter somewhere along the line. But they would have to lose 2 games and us win out for us to get the number 1 seed from them. But Belicheat will find some way to cheat to win out. Mr. run up the score and keep your starters in with a 40 point lead. What a jerk. I really hoped someone would blindside Brady and knock him out for a couple games. Would have served the jerk right. Plus it might have gotten the person who hit him suspended for a couple games. Oh well, one can dream can't they?

TRH
12-07-2010, 02:49 PM
Woe is me. We are toast because the Bungles and Clowns are both going to beat us. Bottom line is we need to win all the games and hope the Patriots falter somewhere along the line. But they would have to lose 2 games and us win out for us to get the number 1 seed from them. But Belicheat will find some way to cheat to win out. Mr. run up the score and keep your starters in with a 40 point lead. What a jerk. I really hoped someone would blindside Brady and knock him out for a couple games. Would have served the jerk right. Plus it might have gotten the person who hit him suspended for a couple games. Oh well, one can dream can't they?

I'm a bit worried about the Browns game out of the Jets, Bengals, Browns. We BETTER HAVE AN ANSWER for their RB Peyton Hillis.
This guy's mowing people down like the 2nd coming of Larry Csonka and Earl Campbell, not only on run, but on short pass play's too. He's big and really hard to get down, he's just running people over and dragging tacklers all over the place.
He's going to be their go-to guy that day. The one thing going for us is their semi-chaotic QB situation/injuries over there.

ricardisimo
12-07-2010, 02:56 PM
I'm a bit worried about the Browns game out of the Jets, Bengals, Browns. We BETTER HAVE AN ANSWER for their RB Peyton Hillis.
This guy's mowing people down like the 2nd coming of Larry Csonka and Earl Campbell, not only on run, but on short pass play's too. He's big and really hard to get down, he's just running people over and dragging tacklers all over the place.
He's going to be their go-to guy that day. The one thing going for us is their semi-chaotic QB situation/injuries over there.
Really? I mean, really? You're worried about someone running against us?

On the other hand, for whatever it's worth, the Browns game is probably the game we are most likely to lose, especially if the Chiefs and Jacksonville lose another game or two. Week 17 will be completely meaningless at that point, assuming we take care of business against the Jets, which I fully expect.

Steel_Bus_24
12-07-2010, 03:25 PM

On the other hand, for whatever it's worth, the Browns game is probably the game we are most likely to lose, especially if the Chiefs and Jacksonville lose another game or two. Week 17 will be completely meaningless at that point, assuming we take care of business against the Jets, which I fully expect.

yeah I hope we can give Ben and some others a rest that game.......Im not interested in Ben getting another Spinal Cord Concussion heading into the playoffs

Plus I have Faith either Byron or Charlie will play well

But 1st things first, lets take care of business these next few weeks and get healthy

SteelCityMom
12-07-2010, 08:18 PM

I'm not too worried about him. Not saying there's no way he could have a big day (and who knows...at that point we might already be guaranteed a bye in the playoffs and sitting some starters for some of the game), but this is the same Hillis that they held to 41 rushing yards and 49 receiving yards.

TRH
12-07-2010, 10:21 PM

Not really that much, i meant to say that this particular game worries me the most, i think the Browns have it in them to beat us, and even though our biggest rival is the Raven's now, the Brown's still think they are...and we are their biggest rival and they will be pumped that day to beat us.
Referring to Hillis, he's been getting better and harder to bring down and he's not just dangerous on the run only, its on the short pass as well......i just think he'll be their game plan that day and so we will need to focus on him.

MattsMe
12-07-2010, 10:26 PM
Here ya go, ric.

http://www.seattlepi.com/national/225383_sarcastic23.html

Merchant
12-07-2010, 10:58 PM

Chill homie. NOBODY runs on us.

ricardisimo
12-08-2010, 01:02 AM
Here ya go, ric.

http://www.seattlepi.com/national/225383_sarcastic23.html
Logged and bookmarked. I'd put the entire article in my sig, but I think there is a wordcount limit in effect... yet another example of how Mom and Tony keep us down.