PDA

View Full Version : No Huddle

steelerchad
12-07-2010, 09:35 AM
Seems to work well. I don't know the stats, but it seems like the no huddle always gets our offense moving. Anyone have any stats on our drives that come away with points using the no huddle?

I'm definately not in favor of a hurry up, but our no huddle is more of a deliberate take the playclock down under 5 seconds type. I don't know if it's the offenses rhythm or keeping the defense from subbing or guessing but I've liked it when we do it.

Should we make this a more regular part of our offense?

thumper
12-07-2010, 09:42 AM
Seems to work well. I don't know the stats, but it seems like the no huddle always gets our offense moving. Anyone have any stats on our drives that come away with points using the no huddle?

I'm definately not in favor of a hurry up, but our no huddle is more of a deliberate take the playclock down under 5 seconds type. I don't know if it's the offenses rhythm or keeping the defense from subbing or guessing but I've liked it when we do it.

I totally agree. And I have no idea why they don't consider using it more
often and sooner.

madtowndrunkard
12-07-2010, 09:47 AM

It's because Ben is calling the plays...not Arians.

madtowndrunkard
12-07-2010, 09:48 AM
I totally agree. And I have no idea why they don't consider using it more
often and sooner.

Expect to see it in the playoffs.

Whodis
12-07-2010, 01:24 PM

I wanted to write that

Steelerfreak58
12-07-2010, 03:38 PM

Damn he beat me to it...

MDSteel15
12-07-2010, 04:22 PM
Damn he beat me to it...

My first thought when I seen the title! :chuckle:

lionslicer
12-07-2010, 11:38 PM
Ben doesn't call running plays in the hurry up unless its a check down to a passing play he calls.