PDA

View Full Version : Younger players need more snaps

SH-Rock
12-07-2010, 04:33 PM
For the next 3 of 4 games, I really think younger players such as Worilds, Sly, Butler should get more snaps. Practice can only tell you half the picture, it's the game time decisions that really separate the players.

Neil-Still-Rules-14
12-07-2010, 04:39 PM
If they enter the final game vs. Cleveland with their playoff seeding already written in stone, I'll go along with this. I would like to see the aforementioned players, plus Dwyer, C. Scott, Hills, and Leftwich get some 2nd half snaps. Otherwise, now is not the time.

SH-Rock
12-07-2010, 04:41 PM
Hey I'm not saying playing whole games, just put em in there once in a while.

Merchant
12-07-2010, 05:15 PM
Hmm.. depends on the situation. If it's a close game we need our best players out there. We haven't secured the division or a playoff spot just yet.

Then again if we're up big on the Bungles this week, why not?

tony hipchest
12-07-2010, 06:19 PM
you can only dress 45 for a game. that means 22 starters and 20 back ups along with the 3 kickers/snapper.

james harrison would punch a coach for trying to take him out of a game. i think the young players who have proven they are capable of stealing snaps from players ahead of them (brown, redman, sanders, foster, dixon) are already getting their shot.

SteelKnight
12-07-2010, 06:37 PM
All the games are important except the Carolina game. The 2 most important are Cinci and Cleveland.

PhantomJB93
12-07-2010, 06:47 PM
I would like to see Sylvester, Worilds, Butler, and Dwyer get more snaps, as long as we have a lead. Not all at one time, and maybe only for one drive each (sub Worilds for Harrison or Woodley for a drive, sub Sylvester for Farrior for a drive, sub Butler for Bmac for a drive, etc.). Except I wouldnt want Dwyer in unless its the end of a game and we have a comfortable lead, I dont like the RB swapping already unless it's necessary or the game is already won. But if we have a mutliple score lead with like 5:00 left, Id rather see Dwyer in there than Mendy, Moore, or Redman,

dyce23
12-07-2010, 06:58 PM
Younger guys do need more snaps within our organization. Players like Sanders, Brown, and Redman definitely need more snaps during games. Others, such as Sylvester and Worilds need more situational snaps during games, and still, others, such as Hills, Dwyer, and Leftwich only need to enter the game if we have a 17 or more point lead in the final 10 minutes of a game. In my opinion, all but one player out of all of those should be dressed for every game though. I don't feel that Dwyer has earned a playing spot yet, but all the rest should definitely be ready at any given moment. They should all get a few chances before the playoffs granted we play the way we're capable of playing.

stb_steeler
12-07-2010, 07:11 PM
All the games are important except the Carolina game. The 2 most important are Cinci and Cleveland.

yep the division comes first :wink02: