PDA

View Full Version : Cell phone desktop picture?

atrus20
04-05-2006, 12:28 PM
Does anyone know where I can find Steelers related pictures for cell phones? I have a Motorola V173 but can't find a web site that has any Steelers pictures for it.

Thanks

ArmyMonkey
04-05-2006, 01:17 PM
Sorry, I really cant help ya there. What I did was get up close to my SB hat and snapped a pic of that and applied it as a wallpaper on my phone. I will look around and if I find anything I will post it here for you.

atrus20
04-05-2006, 01:34 PM
cool thanks, my phone is not a camera phone so i can't take any pictures (i should have said that earlier)

ArmyMonkey
04-05-2006, 01:57 PM
Do you have the Motorola Phone Tools program on your computer? If not you can order it from this site http://motorola.handango.com/entertainment/PlatformProductDetail.jsp?siteId=522&jid=X3F752DX783FXBD97FB6F78E45F48DE9&carrierId=2&platformId=6&productType=2&productId=93724&sectionId=5409&catalog=50

Sorry the link string is so huge but thats where you can get it for the cheapest, plus it is straight from Motorola. If you do already have that installed on your computer you can visit this site to get wallpapers
http://www.freemobilefun.net/ Just navigate to the sports section and a few pages in you will find a steelers helmet logo for your phone

Thats about all I can find right now. I will keep you posted should I happen to find more.

atrus20
04-05-2006, 03:47 PM
great thanks!

HburgXL06
04-05-2006, 04:23 PM
Since we're on the whole phone pics/background theme, if anyone knows how to put the pics you've taken on your phone online let me know. I have a Nokia 6102 camera and video phone and my service is Cingular. I have a shitload of pics but until now I cannot figure out how to post them online like I've seen other people do. Thanks, appreciate it.

BuFu

ArmyMonkey
04-05-2006, 04:40 PM
Well, if your camera came with software/drivers that allows you to connect it to a PC, then all it should be is a matter of plugging the phone into your usb port on the computer(you phone has a USB port on it correct?), then opening the drive that identifies your phone when you click on "my computer" and either copying and pasting the images into your my pictures folder.

Or, if you have one of those high speed phones, when you plug it into your computer it will ask you if you wish to download the pictures from your camera.

If you have done all that already, then all you have to do is a Google search for websites that advertise cell phone wallpapers. Most of the ones I have run across gives you an option to upload your pics to their site. If you feel so inclined, you could also check with yahoo, aol, or any other provider that allows you to upload pictures to the internet. It is all a matter of what way you wish to utilize your pics from your camera.

Hopefully I havent frustrated you with all of this because it can be a pain in the butt, lol.

One more thing, if your phone didnt come with software or drivers allowing you to connect it to your PC, then you will also have to search for those items on the net somewhere.

HburgXL06
04-05-2006, 05:07 PM
Well, if your camera came with software/drivers that allows you to connect it to a PC, then all it should be is a matter of plugging the phone into your usb port on the computer(you phone has a USB port on it correct?), then opening the drive that identifies your phone when you click on "my computer" and either copying and pasting the images into your my pictures folder.

Or, if you have one of those high speed phones, when you plug it into your computer it will ask you if you wish to download the pictures from your camera.

If you have done all that already, then all you have to do is a Google search for websites that advertise cell phone wallpapers. Most of the ones I have run across gives you an option to upload your pics to their site. If you feel so inclined, you could also check with yahoo, aol, or any other provider that allows you to upload pictures to the internet. It is all a matter of what way you wish to utilize your pics from your camera.

Hopefully I havent frustrated you with all of this because it can be a pain in the butt, lol.

One more thing, if your phone didnt come with software or drivers allowing you to connect it to your PC, then you will also have to search for those items on the net somewhere.

Thanks for the info. Only prob is that my phone came with no such software or USB connector. I would think if needed some company would offer one or somethin. It's a brand new phone and as far as I know it is somewhat recent as far as the model number goes. It is frustrating I agree.

BuFu

ArmyMonkey
04-05-2006, 05:28 PM
Does your phone connect to the internet? If it does then you might be able to connect to a website that will allow you to upload your pics that way. Or, find a website on your PC and they will give you a number that you can use to SMS the pics to their servers. You should then be able to take the pictures from there and use them how you wish. But the major drawback to that is it might end up costing a ton of money to do that unless you have a great contract with someone.

But without any means to connect your phone to your PC, I am sorry to say it might not be worth trying to do what you wish to do with your pics.

HburgXL06
04-05-2006, 05:50 PM
Oh well. I'll try and let you know and thanks for the help. If I can't it ain't no biggie. Thanks man.

BuFu