PDA

View Full Version : Playoff Senario effective NOW

truesteelerfan
12-08-2010, 01:17 PM
According to the NFL, our beloved Steelers can clinch a spot in the postseason THIS weekend if the following senario happens....

Pretty cool eh???

The Steelers are in with a win and a Jaguars loss or tie and a Patriots win or tie and a Dolphins loss or tie, or a Steelers win and a Colts loss or tie and a Patriots loss or tie and a Dolphins loss or tie, or a Steelers win and a Colts loss or tie and a Patriots loss or tie or a Raiders loss or tie and a Chargers loss or tie. The Steelers also are in with a win and a Colts loss or tie and a Dolphins loss or tie or a Raiders loss or tie, or a Steelers tie and a Dolphins loss or tie and a Raiders loss or tie and a Chargers loss or tie and a Colts loss.

:tt02:
:tt04:

kirklandrules
12-08-2010, 01:28 PM
It would be pretty cool to see a clinch, but this weekend I'm only hoping to see the Steelers beat the piss out of the Bungles. One game at a time without distractions.

pete74
12-08-2010, 01:41 PM
im more worried about winning our division and getting that bye week to rest up and we need to beat the bengals to do so

steelcity1974
12-08-2010, 01:51 PM
It would be pretty cool to see a clinch, but this weekend I'm only hoping to see the Steelers beat the piss out of the Bungles. One game at a time without distractions.

Agree...we control our own destiny for a #2 seed, and the only way we stay in control is to win week by week. I've heard a lot of people say the Bungals should have beaten the Steelers in that MN game. Truth is, we should have killed them, but then nearly blew a 20 point 4th quarter lead for the first time in franchise history. We need to whip them this time so there's no doubt we are a team on the rise.

Steel_Bus_24
12-08-2010, 01:56 PM
Agree...we control our own destiny for a #2 seed, and the only way we stay in control is to win week by week. I've heard a lot of people say the Bungals should have beaten the Steelers in that MN game. Truth is, we should have killed them, but then nearly blew a 20 point 4th quarter lead for the first time in franchise history. We need to whip them this time so there's no doubt we are a team on the rise.

true, Id love that......but with our Injuries I'll be happy with just the W and a good bill of health

grward
12-08-2010, 02:15 PM
According to the NFL, our beloved Steelers can clinch a spot in the postseason THIS weekend if the following senario happens....

Pretty cool eh???

The Steelers are in with a win and a Jaguars loss or tie and a Patriots win or tie and a Dolphins loss or tie, or a Steelers win and a Colts loss or tie and a Patriots loss or tie and a Dolphins loss or tie, or a Steelers win and a Colts loss or tie and a Patriots loss or tie or a Raiders loss or tie and a Chargers loss or tie. The Steelers also are in with a win and a Colts loss or tie and a Dolphins loss or tie or a Raiders loss or tie, or a Steelers tie and a Dolphins loss or tie and a Raiders loss or tie and a Chargers loss or tie and a Colts loss.

This makes my head hurt! LOL! But seriously, wrapping up a spot in the playoffs this weekend would be cool. Thanks for the info!

lionslicer
12-08-2010, 02:30 PM
I'd prefer them to play for a bye, especially since the defense is old and there are a few fookies on offense who will hit that rookie wall and benefit from the week off. I think Pouncey has already hit the wall, he hasn't been too strong the past 2 weeks.

Steelerfreak58
12-08-2010, 02:38 PM
Just beat the bungholes.

plenewken
12-08-2010, 02:48 PM

You got that right!

iceman000123
12-08-2010, 04:54 PM
I definitely would prefer a bye as well. Which is why we need to win this game against Cincy. We need as much as rest as or players can get! And a win over Cincy means we can kick back and see if any of the scenarios we need to playout, playout.

stb_steeler
12-08-2010, 05:12 PM
A bye would be nice, but lets hope the long time off wont make em rusty. But the time would be handy to rest the injuries.

kirklandrules
12-08-2010, 05:48 PM
We need to whip them this time so there's no doubt we are a team on the rise.

We can and will whip them with our patchwork team. How humiliating would that be for the Bungals?

SoCalFan
12-08-2010, 06:29 PM
This makes my head hurt! LOL! But seriously, wrapping up a spot in the playoffs this weekend would be cool. Thanks for the info!

Let me make this easier for those of you who dont get it,Steelers are in if djhgcbuiidecfefbvcnhfbvchfuhnc hbibfvn vjfrehvcmufhvuie vrnejfmchnrcicneic vfknjnvjf vnmc hcdscfuhdschfc njcdsdbbdsa hbcdscdsuu chjdi bcvsbvshjk hfyudcfiwgxfnwe hydfcuufchiu bcfreuxineb bvchfevinxfc bhcfkskaxacdkcfiorhf bchceixbskiacb bcuiexibxvcbchvw cbhiiwcxskcjzehb c cbxhewkcbkzbc dw cbhfcbfdbchdfjkkjhbdc bc hf ecbddf cbhwkb cds khbjsd bcxwb!!!Got it?:pissed::pissed::pissed::tt03:

thumper
12-08-2010, 07:14 PM

Pretty cool eh???

I actually don't care. You know we are going to make the post season;
doesn't matter if we clinch now or not. Bigger picture is "Can we possibly
beat NE?"

I only care about winning a ring or not.

mesaSteeler
12-08-2010, 09:41 PM
Steelers playoff scenarios
http://nflfromthesidelines.blogspot.com/
PITTSBURGH STEELERS

Pittsburgh clinches a playoff spot:

1) PIT win + JAC loss or tie + NE win or tie + MIA loss or tie

2) PIT win + IND loss or tie + NE win or tie + MIA loss or tie

3) PIT win + IND loss or tie + NE win or tie + OAK loss or tie + SD loss or tie

4) PIT win + IND loss or tie + MIA loss or tie + OAK loss or tie

5) PIT tie + MIA loss or tie + OAK loss or tie + SD loss or tie + IND loss

There are other scenarios in which Pittsburgh may clinch a playoff spot if

they clinch the strength of victory tiebreaker over certain teams this weekend.

thumper
12-08-2010, 09:50 PM
Steelers playoff scenarios
http://nflfromthesidelines.blogspot.com/
PITTSBURGH STEELERS

Pittsburgh clinches a playoff spot:

1) PIT win + JAC loss or tie + NE win or tie + MIA loss or tie

2) PIT win + IND loss or tie + NE win or tie + MIA loss or tie

3) PIT win + IND loss or tie + NE win or tie + OAK loss or tie + SD loss or tie

4) PIT win + IND loss or tie + MIA loss or tie + OAK loss or tie

5) PIT tie + MIA loss or tie + OAK loss or tie + SD loss or tie + IND loss

There are other scenarios in which Pittsburgh may clinch a playoff spot if

they clinch the strength of victory tiebreaker over certain teams this weekend.

Too complex with too much football left to be played to worry about
all the above. Just win, baby, win.

caseyviator
12-09-2010, 04:37 PM
this is a great game for the steelers defense because they are one of these teams who will spread it out like pats, who we cant seem to solve their offense...so we should really work on defensive scemes and plays to practice for teams like the pats...
that means pressure,pressure,pressure the qb and try sum new guys in mcfakes spot...try butler i say or maybe even try troy playin cornerback ...anything, try anything and everything cause otherwise we wont be able to beat the pats or other teams that spread it out and pass. bufffalo is a perfect example we should have lost cause no pressure and bad cornerback play....and that is the key to this year beating the pats is job one!!!

SteelKnight
12-10-2010, 04:42 PM
If we beat the Bengals and Browns we can afford to lose to either the Jets or Panthers and still lock up the number 2 seed.

thumper
12-10-2010, 07:17 PM
If we beat the Bengals and Browns we can afford to lose to either the Jets or Panthers and still lock up the number 2 seed.

MDSteel15
12-10-2010, 07:38 PM
How about we just win the whole damn thing and not worry about positioning?? :thumbsup: :tt03:

MikeHaullace
12-11-2010, 03:08 AM
In the spirit of this thread...

Am I the only person thinking that Houston is going to beat Baltimore?

steelerohio
12-11-2010, 03:34 AM
That would be sweet... and laughable for all the rest of the season.

pete74
12-11-2010, 06:13 AM

if there defense can play mediocre they have a chance. i personally think it may happen. i would love to take a 2 game jump on baltimore. on another nots were going to have a tough time beating the Bengals. were going to have very cold temps, high winds and up to 6" of snow so it could go either way in that weather

Rick5895
12-11-2010, 06:49 AM
MY thought is I would rather have the Ratbirds breathing down our necks to keep us focused on winning!

SteelKnight
12-11-2010, 11:08 PM

Yes...just you...lol

SteelKnight
12-11-2010, 11:13 PM
The way it is now, the divisional games could come down to

NYJ (6) at NE (1)

Balt (5) at Pitt(2).

This is assuming Baltimore beats the Colts and NYJ beat the Chiefs/Chargers.