PDA

View Full Version : Steelers think Ravens targeted Harrison

Atlanta Dan
12-08-2010, 02:45 PM
Further rebuttal evidence regarding the nonsensical observation by bobby jr that Harbaugh teaches his players to play within the rules

The Steelers not only think linebacker James Harrison has been targeted by National Football League officials; they think he was targeted by the Baltimore Ravens, as well.

Harrison and several Steelers players are upset over a false-start penalty against Ravens guard Chris Chester on an extra point Sunday night that, they say, wasn't as harmless as it might appear.

Harrison said he thinks Chester was deliberately trying to hit him or perhaps even injure him because Chester fired out on the play -- something offensive linemen are not taught to do on extra points or field goals.

"Of course it was deliberate," Harrison said today in the Steelers locker room. "There's no way that happens on an extra point because [offensive linemen] don't shoot out. It's obvious it was blatant. It was on purpose."

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/10342/1109230-66.stm

No wonder the only time I ever root for New England is when the Pats play the Ravens:mad:

grward
12-08-2010, 02:55 PM
That sure does make sense. Watching that play unfold, Chester not only went after him, but there was somewhat of a scuffle that broke out. I was really glad to see Harrison back away!

GMU Steeler
12-08-2010, 02:57 PM
That was a weird play for sure. I think James may be on to something there. Glad he wasn't injured.

tony hipchest
12-08-2010, 03:27 PM
no way they would (put a bounty out) try to intentionally injure one of our players. :rolleyes:

that whole team (from top to bottom) reeks of jealous scum.

SoCalFan
12-08-2010, 03:33 PM
Punk A$$ dirty ratbird!

steelerchad
12-08-2010, 03:54 PM
I kind of thought something was weird with that play the way the lineman fired out, it just didn't seem right. And he fired really low at the knees. When normally on a short kick they stand up and give a little ground.

Set-Man
12-08-2010, 06:31 PM
Yes that was a strange play. They were trying to get him to retaliate back so he would get kicked out of the game or suspended next game. Why else would they do it on a meaningless extra point. 5 yds? Big deal. It was planned from the start. There is no reason for an offensive lineman to go out and attack a linebacker.

It was Harbaugh's idea, I'm sure......

Whodis
12-08-2010, 07:13 PM
WOW I've totally lost all respect for Harbaugh
When talking about Harrison
“It’s not that hard to figure out. You’ve got to respect each other. And I think that player safety is really important."

GMU Steeler
12-08-2010, 08:40 PM
This is the same team that put a bounty out on Hines Ward and I Think they may have also had one on Rashard Mendenhall too that same game and that was the game where he got hurt and thus missed the rest of his rookie year.

MikeHaullace
12-08-2010, 10:51 PM
I am pretty sure they are close to being right with their suspicions.

When I saw it, I thought they did it to try to provoke an impulsive reaction from Harrison more-so than try to hurt him.

It's a good thing Harrison is as focused and disciplined as he his. Good on him.

MasterOfPuppets
12-08-2010, 11:25 PM
no way they would (put a bounty out) try to intentionally injure one of our players. :rolleyes:

that whole team (from top to bottom) reeks of jealous scum.
when you look at who their ringleader is , it's really no surprise

http://deadspin.com/assets/resources/2007/09/RayLewisorangejumpsuit.jpg

plenewken
12-09-2010, 08:08 AM
Bunch of thugs coached by an @sshole.