PDA

View Full Version : Congratulations, Indians!

Suitanim
04-05-2006, 06:28 PM
Hell, I know it's only April, but this was a gritty win today to take the series in extra innings. Pennants aren't won in April, but a win like this is good for momentum. To go into last years most dominant teams house, and play what many people are saying is an even BETTER version of the Sox, and take 2 of 3 is impressive.

I have a feeling this Indians team MAY be the team to beat in the AL this year...

j-dawg
04-05-2006, 07:31 PM
hell yeah! aaron boone was 4-5 yesterday... excellent to see that... the opening game was rough... but i'll take two outta three...

Suitanim
04-05-2006, 07:43 PM
Sunday Night I'm throwing out...sitting on your hands for 3 hours of rain delay will kill any motivation.

I like Wedge's strategy this year. He's always downplayed winning in Winter Haven because there were a ton of position battles going on...well, not this year. With most of the line-up in place, he got the Tribe up and winning right out of the gate...in fact, I think they tied or broke their own team record for Spring Training wins.

It'll be a fun year...the fans have no excuses for not showing up, since they've locked up ALL their young talent for at least 3 more years.

And, again, they are THE model for the Buc's to emulate...nobody does it better.

j-dawg
04-05-2006, 08:06 PM
yeah.. i had a few friends over to watch the game... stupid rain!!

Sharkissle29
04-05-2006, 09:16 PM
i live in chicago and watched the games, indians are very good....i dont mind either team, my moms side of the family is from cleveland....dads side is from pittsburgh....and i grew up in chicago.....but i stay loyal to the pirates unfortunately :(

RoethlisBURGHer
04-06-2006, 07:39 PM
I HATE THE WHITE SOX.

One of my goals for the team this year was to win a one-run game against the Sox.To do it this early to a "better" Sox team I think gives the team more confidence and shows the Sox that they won't smack us around this year.

Suitanim
04-06-2006, 07:51 PM
The key is to do it at the Jake...we were pretty competitive in their house last year, but I think we lost 9 of 10 at the Jake against them last year...we also got our asses handed to us in our own stadium by, of all teams, the Devil Rays. That HAS to change in '06!

Suitanim
04-07-2006, 07:46 PM
Spanked the not-too-shabby Twins today 11-6. Grand Slam by, of all "hitters", Casey Blake. Pronk had a couple HR's, and the bullpen looked sharp. Hitters are just killing the ball, and the bottom 3rd of the lineup is as productive as the top. Very promising start...

tony hipchest
04-07-2006, 10:54 PM
Very promising start... much like the pirates. 0-4. worst start since 94? *sigh* it was a hard fought season though.

thank God for nascar and i cant wait for football.

(i definitely wouldnt mind cleveland finishing ahead of either sox or the yanks.)

j-dawg
04-08-2006, 03:39 AM
much like the pirates. 0-4. worst start since 94? *sigh* it was a hard fought season though.

thank God for nascar and i cant wait for football.

(i definitely wouldnt mind cleveland finishing ahead of either sox or the yanks.)

i second that!

Suitanim
04-08-2006, 05:34 PM
Pronk is absolutely on fire...he's hit 3 HR's in a row.

RoethlisBURGHer
04-10-2006, 10:53 AM
Pronk is BEAST.Too bad he went 0-for-3 yesterday with a walk.

I was at the games Saturday and Sunday.Saturday we had our seats upgraded by First Merit Bank from section 518 in the way-upper deck to section 157 just behind Home Plate.

Suitanim
04-10-2006, 11:04 AM
Sweet! I've sat there before...about as good as it gets.