PDA

View Full Version : Dr. Says Ben's Nose Bones like Cornflakes. Lemieux chimes in

tony hipchest
12-09-2010, 12:11 AM
...according to ed b. in ppg+.

Lemieux to Ben: You "look like a hockey player."

Ben Roethlisberger walked through the locker room wearing a boot on his broken right foot and tape over his broken nose.

"Mario Lemieux told me I finally look like a hockey player," the Steelers quarterback said, managing a slight laugh.

Nevertheless Roethlisberger took his regular turns on the practice field with his teammates this afternoon. He will wear a protective shield in Sunday's game against the Cincinnati Bengals, a first for him.

"We're going to get some practice [with it] so we'll see," Roethlisberger said. "I saw the early forecast is rain, snow, so it'll be fun I'm sure."

Roethlisberger had a brief talk with referee Terry McAuley in Baltimore Sunday night after Haloti Ngata smacked him in the head with his left hand, breaking his nose. There was no penalty flag tossed on Ngata but the league fined the Ravens defensive lineman $15,000 on Monday for the hit it called illegal.

"I just asked him if he saw the blood and just kind of asked him -- I'm not one that cusses at the refs or anything -- so I just asked him if he thought that he went for my head," Roethlisberger said of McAuley.

"His response was, 'He was just trying to tackle you.' So I just let it go at that."

He also pretty much let go a comment by Cincinnati wide receiver Terrell Owens on his Versus network television show shortly after Oakland's Richard Seymour decked Roethlisberger with a sucker punch after a play Nov. 21 in Heinz Field.

"A hockey player would have took that," Owens said of Seymour's punch, " [and] kept on ticking. That shows you how soft Ben is."

Said the hockey-player-looking Roethlisberger today, "Im glad I could get ratings for him."

Read more: http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/10342/1109184-100.stm#ixzz17gaJA7mS

MasterOfPuppets
12-09-2010, 12:33 AM
with so much talk of defenders "reading the qb's eyes" , i always wondered why more qb's don't wear the tinted shield ...:noidea:

http://cache3.asset-cache.net/xc/81345901.jpg?v=1&c=IWSAsset&k=2&d=77BFBA49EF8789215ABF3343C02EA5482F58761DD9B67511 A2EB1B50AF5CAE78C57AD1D3CB894524

lionslicer
12-09-2010, 01:40 AM
That guy has a very weird shaped helmet...

You have to have medical clearance to wear them. Tinted ones for players who are sensitive to light, some other reasons i don't know. Clear ones are easier to get, but players sometimes get modified ones if they have bad eyes and obviously can't wear glasses during a game.

plenewken
12-09-2010, 09:16 AM
That guy has a very weird shaped helmet...

You have to have medical clearance to wear them. Tinted ones for players who are sensitive to light, some other reasons i don't know. Clear ones are easier to get, but players sometimes get modified ones if they have bad eyes and obviously can't wear glasses during a game.

It's amazing the number of goofy rules Goodell and his clique have created. So you can't wear a shield unless you have medical clearance? WTF?
I read a few weeks ago that a player received a fine because his cleats were gold.

Is the NFL ruled by Talibans or what?

4xSBChamps
12-09-2010, 10:35 AM
"A hockey player would have took that," Owens said of Seymour's punch, " [and] kept on ticking. That shows you how soft Ben is."

... if Turdell Ownself is soooo damned-tough, why doesn't he play hockey???

caplovestroyp43
12-09-2010, 11:03 AM
Body Odor is a stupid idiot word I can't repeat here!! He needs to just STFU!!! :mad:

MACH1
12-09-2010, 11:56 AM
with so much talk of defenders "reading the qb's eyes" , i always wondered why more qb's don't wear the tinted shield ...:noidea:

http://cache3.asset-cache.net/xc/81345901.jpg?v=1&c=IWSAsset&k=2&d=77BFBA49EF8789215ABF3343C02EA5482F58761DD9B67511 A2EB1B50AF5CAE78C57AD1D3CB894524

Seems like theres a rule against having tinted shields, unless they have Dr.'s orders for light sensitive eyes or some shit like that.

StainlessStill
12-09-2010, 12:44 PM
Seems like theres a rule against having tinted shields, unless they have Dr.'s orders for light sensitive eyes or some shit like that.

I always assumed that too. Tinted helmets are not allowed, only clear ones. Still, looking at Michael Vick, it seems a shield could work out in the QB's favor like another poster pointed out with the "reading of the eyes" statement. Even though Vick use's a clear shield, it seems like there is a nice glare that comes off of it which probably makes it difficult for a DB to read any which way of the eyes of the quarterback.

Ben will look badass in one.

Hayeksheroes
12-09-2010, 01:42 PM
What are the healthcare costs of the NFL? It must be enormous.

ricardisimo
12-09-2010, 04:48 PM
Or if their name is Ladainian. It's in the rules.

tony hipchest
12-09-2010, 05:04 PM
know who dont need no stinkin visor?

brett favre.

infact he doesnt even have to wear a helmet, its just that the league requires everyone else to wear one for protection from his rocket balls.

and his penis.

brett favre.

4xSBChamps
12-09-2010, 05:14 PM
know who dont need no stinkin visor?

brett favre.

infact he doesnt even have to wear a helmet, its just that the league requires everyone else to wear one for protection from his rocket balls.

and his penis.

brett favre.

and yet, in Goodell's opinion, Favre's off-field conduct hasn't harmed the League's image

http://wn.com/Brett_Favre_Wrangler_Commercial_parody