PDA

View Full Version : Drafting the other Pouncey twin?

NEWstevo
12-09-2010, 07:56 PM
What is the chance that the Steelers will/can draft twin brother Mike Pouncey from Florida next year?

With the hurting line, it would be nice to have TWO Pouncey’s in front of Ben… not to mention having the communication and timing of “twins” on the line.

MDSteel15
12-09-2010, 07:57 PM
What is the chance that the Steelers will/can draft twin brother Mike Pouncey from Florida next year?

With the hurting line, it would be nice to have TWO Pouncey’s in front of Ben… not to mention having the communication and timing of “twins” on the line.

All I can say is he better do a hell of a lot better than he did this year!!

ETL
12-09-2010, 08:04 PM
It's stupid to draft pouncey just because his brother is on our team already. If he's the BPA, then get him but I can't see anymore benefits b/c his twin is here.

mesaSteeler
12-09-2010, 08:05 PM
This is already being discussed.

See http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=63760

Fire Arians
12-09-2010, 08:18 PM
he'll be better than essex but i wouldn't burn a 1st round pick if he's not worthy of that.

he's got a lot of experience playing next to his brother though, maybe that could be a factor in taking them, they know all eachother's strengths and weaknesses sorta thing

lionslicer
12-09-2010, 08:20 PM
He's not worth a 1st round if he'll be a guard. He's only 1st round worthy to teams that need a center.

thumper
12-09-2010, 09:34 PM
He's not worth a 1st round if he'll be a guard. He's only 1st round worthy to teams that need a center.

He's ___ especially ___ not worth a 1st round as a center. Have
you seen how bad he sucked this year? Horrible.

austinfrench76
12-09-2010, 10:12 PM
Draft him but do not reach for him!!

lionslicer
12-09-2010, 10:25 PM
He's ___ especially ___ not worth a 1st round as a center. Have
you seen how bad he sucked this year? Horrible.

He is considered one of the best center's comming into the draft... I believe his stock as only gone up because of his brother and because there aren't very good centers in college this year wanting to go into the draft.

sharkweek
12-10-2010, 12:37 AM
ugh, I really hate how people automatically assume a sibling, even a twin, will basically be just as good as the other, that's just not the case.

Riddle_Of_Steel
12-10-2010, 01:01 AM
I would love to see both Pouncey' s in black and gold (although Mike is having a rough year), but in reality, I do not think that interior Olinemen is our priority now-- we need tackles desperately.

OT, DL, CB should be our priorities in this next draft. Our Oline is in shambles and especially the tackle position. We have only one viable "young blood" on our defensive line-- Hood, and every other guy on that unit has been showing his age this year. And we don't need to specify about CB after watching McFadden, Gay, and Lewis stink the joint up.

Whodis
12-10-2010, 07:47 AM
The best line in college has to be Wisconsin. They have these huge farm boys that just blow apart a d-line

pete74
12-10-2010, 10:24 AM
i would take him in the 2nd round but not the 1st

Steel_Bus_24
12-10-2010, 11:47 AM
Mike is a much better guard then he is Center......I like the idea of it but its still too early to forecast

El-Gonzo Jackson
12-11-2010, 01:45 PM
The best line in college has to be Wisconsin. They have these huge farm boys that just blow apart a d-line

Yeah, but a lot of people are hyping up Gabe Carimi....I think he will be only a RT in the NFL. My sleeper OT wish is we get Nate Potter from Boise St. or Joseph Barksdale of LSU.

Face it, with guys like Jon Scott, Flozell Adams the best available backups ..........couldnt hurt to pick a light footed guy to groom at LT for when Starks finally moves on. I think Chris Scott is the RT of the future, time to protect Ben's blind side.

Whodis
12-11-2010, 05:43 PM
Yeah, but a lot of people are hyping up Gabe Carimi....I think he will be only a RT in the NFL. My sleeper OT wish is we get Nate Potter from Boise St. or Joseph Barksdale of LSU.

Face it, with guys like Jon Scott, Flozell Adams the best available backups ..........couldnt hurt to pick a light footed guy to groom at LT for when Starks finally moves on. I think Chris Scott is the RT of the future, time to protect Ben's blind side.

I don't see a lot of Boise games because of the time zone

I agree it's time to find someone to protect the blindside.

Fire Haley
12-11-2010, 08:23 PM
If we take him at #32 as the best G available, I won't be hurt