PDA

View Full Version : Farrior pays no attention to Bengals' Owens, Ochocinco

mesaSteeler
12-10-2010, 06:31 AM
Farrior pays no attention to Bengals' Owens, Ochocinco
http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/steelers/print_713064.html
By John Harris
PITTSBURGH TRIBUNE-REVIEW
Friday, December 10, 2010

Defensive captain James Farrior doesn't pay much attention to the verbal rants of Cincinnati Bengals receivers Terrell Owens and Chad Ochocinco. Owens called quarterback Ben Roethlisberger "soft" during a segment of his reality show with Ochocinco. Farrior said the mouthy receivers are quiet during games. "It's kind of surprising. At game time, those guys don't say too much. They go about their business," Farrior said Thursday. "We know those guys do a lot of talking. We can't even worry about anything they're saying, because most of the time it's a bunch of junk."

Cornerback Anthony Madison has been on and off the roster since 2006. Madison recorded his first tackle since 2008 when he opened the Buffalo game two weeks ago in a nickel package and totaled five stops. Madison recorded one tackle last Sunday against Baltimore. For a special teams standout, being a regular part of the defense was a strange feeling. "That's the most significant action I had since 2006," said Madison, who is tied for second on the team with 12 special teams tackles. It's a big turnaround for a player who was released before the start of last season only to be brought back for the final five games. "Last year was a trying time for me," he said. "Certain things you don't have much control over. Just having the opportunity to play here again is worth it."

Tackle Flozell Adams and wide receiver Hines Ward returned to practice yesterday. Safety Troy Polamalu (ankle), tight end Heath Miller (concussion) and defensive end Aaron Smith (triceps) continued to sit out. Polamalu is expected to practice today and play Sunday. Miller isn't expected to play. Smith still isn't ready to practice.

For Cincinnati, cornerback Johnathan Joseph (ankle) and tight end Jermaine Gresham (not injury-related) missed practice for the second consecutive day. Cornerback Rico Murray (ankle) also sat out.

John Harris can be reached at jharris@tribweb.com or 412-481-5432.

TRH
12-10-2010, 07:57 AM
I really hate these 2 big mouths from the Bengals. Especially O.C. At least Terrell has some talent (although not enough to back up his big fat mouth).
I hope we blow them out and kick their asses physically all over the field Sunday.
What makes their mouths especially annoying is that they are losers. Its not even a winning situation. It might be a little different if they were 10-1 (thats what they're talking like...)

Third Rail
12-10-2010, 09:25 AM
Terrell is just sore because no matter what team he's playing for (Philly, Dallas, Cincy) he has ALWAYS lost to Roethlisberger. Now granted, it's not a totally fair argument to say that Ben beat him since they are both offensive players, but nevertheless... every time he's been on a team that has faced Ben, they've come up short.

What's so amazing though is that now, when he's on a team that thoroughly SUCKS, he's repeatedly ripping Roethlisberger. Although I'm sure he would have gotten around to it earlier if he had had a TV show with his partner in douchebaggery, Ochoke, before this year.

I can't decide if I want him to stay a Bungle or get cut. I think that, despite the talent he has, he pretty much makes any team he's on worse due to his arrogance and attempts at being a rockstar in the media. So if he stays there, they'll probably continue to suck. On the other hand, that means that at least twice a year, I have to endure watching him in two games. I'd rather never see his annoying, ugly mug again, so it would be awesome if he was banished to a team like the Seahawks.

SoCalFan
12-10-2010, 09:45 AM
I just cant wait til those 2 losers are out of the league,just dont need em!

TailgateMel
12-10-2010, 10:32 AM
This track makes me laugh because they and the bengals have ended up being such a non-factor...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Q5hunYOzRA

"popcorn ready"

Third Rail
12-10-2010, 12:55 PM
Hey T.O.,

Get your resume ready, because you're going to be out of a job soon.

SacknificentStew56
12-10-2010, 01:06 PM
They are both attention wh0re$ and the media always know they will get something from either one of them so that's why they are always in the news. Like Potsie said, most of the time when they say something it's a bunch of junk.

grward
12-10-2010, 01:42 PM
I can't decide if I want him to stay a Bungle or get cut. I think that, despite the talent he has, he pretty much makes any team he's on worse due to his arrogance and attempts at being a rockstar in the media. So if he stays there, they'll probably continue to suck. On the other hand, that means that at least twice a year, I have to endure watching him in two games. I'd rather never see his annoying, ugly mug again, so it would be awesome if he was banished to a team like the Seahawks.

+1 ... well put!

4xSBChamps
12-10-2010, 02:41 PM
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y272/Glensgages/football/TurdellOwnselfandGowlToof.jpg

...bugs on the windshield of life...

Riddle_Of_Steel
12-10-2010, 02:42 PM
I can't decide if I want him to stay a Bungle or get cut.

I think that B.O. and No-showstinko are just perfect, right where they are.....I am waiting for the inevitable implosion between Batman and Robin. I am kinda surprised that B.O. has not called out Carson Palmer much yet--- he must know that he has little room for error and that kind of mularkey, even in Bengal land won't be tolerated for long.

The Bungles are a perfect place for that red-eyed big-mouth to finish out his career-- going out with a whimper. I love it.

MDSteel15
12-10-2010, 02:52 PM
Is it me or does Chad look like he wants to cry? :hug:

Third Rail
12-10-2010, 02:52 PM
lol, at B.O. That's good. I can't believe I never thought to call him that before.

Chad, on the other hand... it's so easy to come up with nicknames for that douche.

Ochostinko
Ochosphincter
Muchosucko
O-choke-cinco
Out-of-sync-o

4xSBChamps
12-10-2010, 03:21 PM
I am kinda surprised that B.O. has not called out Carson Palmer much yet--- he must know that he has little room for error and that kind of mularkey, even in Bengal land won't be tolerated for long.

Turdell Ownself isn't even the 'prototypical' waste-of-life / Bungle... it's not-like he showed-up stoned on the eve of a Super Bowl and let his team-mates down, or fell out of a pick-up truck while beating on the roof with a cast protecting a broken arm.

he'll run his yap, they'll tear that team apart, and Cincinnatians will fondly look-back in 20 years at what classifies in that town as a 'mini-dynasty', which included 2 Division Championships over a 5 year period, and no play-off game wins

stb_steeler
12-10-2010, 03:35 PM
I just cant wait til those 2 losers are out of the league,just dont need em!

I heard a rumor that TO, Ocho, and Marvin Lewis will be cut before next season!. The owner is tired of the crap they display for the team.

Curtain_of_Steel
12-10-2010, 06:55 PM
Why would they cut Owens? As usual he is performing. Between both stinko and owens they seem the feed off each other and ocho is leaning towards groucho every game.

Bungholes is perfect for those 2, if they only had criminal records they would fit even better there.

sharkweek
12-11-2010, 11:46 AM
Hey T.O.,

Get your resume ready, because you're going to be out of a job soon.

why would he lose his job? Unless he's the #1 and most reliable Bengals receiver this season because he's successfully getting the offense designed to cater to his success, its Chad who has really dropped off and in potential trouble.

steelerohio
12-11-2010, 05:27 PM
lol, at B.O. That's good. I can't believe I never thought to call him that before.

Chad, on the other hand... it's so easy to come up with nicknames for that douche.

Ochostinko
Ochosphincter
Muchosucko
O-choke-cinco
Out-of-sync-o

I call him Ohnostinko sometimes...