PDA

View Full Version : Polamalu practices, is probable for Sunday's game vs. Bengals

mesaSteeler
12-11-2010, 11:21 AM
Polamalu practices, is probable for Sunday's game vs. Bengals
http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/steelers/print_713262.html
By John Harris
PITTSBURGH TRIBUNE-REVIEW
Saturday, December 11, 2010

Another Friday, another Troy Polamalu sighting at practice. As has become customary, Polamalu (ankle) practiced after sitting out practice Wednesday and Thursday. He's probable for Sunday's 1 p.m. game against Cincinnati at Heinz Field. Tight end Heath Miller (concussion) and defensive tackle Steve McLendon (stinger) are out.

Cincinnati tight end Jermaine Gresham missed his third consecutive practice after going home following his grandmother's death. He is questionable to play Sunday. Cornerback Johnathan Joseph (ankle) practiced for the first time this week and is questionable. Cornerback Rico Murray (ankle) went on injured reserve yesterday.

Steelers second-year tight end David Johnson, a seventh-round draft pick, had only two receptions last season. Johnson has doubled that total this year after snagging three passes for 37 yards last week against Baltimore. Johnson received more action because Matt Spaeth was sidelined with a concussion and Miller went out with a concussion. Spaeth and Johnson will handle tight end duties this week with Miller sidelined. "I'm the third-string tight end. When our guys go down, I've got to step up and play like they do," Johnson said.

Baltimore defensive tackle Haloti Ngata said he will appeal the $15,000 fine he received for striking quarterback Ben Roethlisberger in the face. No penalty was called. Roethlisberger suffered a broken nose. "I felt like there was no other way I could have played that play because I'm swimming the guard," Ngata told the Baltimore Sun. "He starts to duck, and my arm is coming down over the guard."

John Harris can be reached at jharris@tribweb.com or 412-481-5432.

lionslicer
12-11-2010, 02:08 PM
Troy wont fully heal if he rests 4 days then practices and plays a game on sunday and has to rest again. At this point I hope the Steelers win out so the Starters can take off the Browns game, or atleast have a bye. Can't have a hurt Troy in the playoffs.

SH-Rock
12-11-2010, 02:22 PM
Troy wont fully heal if he rests 4 days then practices and plays a game on sunday and has to rest again. At this point I hope the Steelers win out so the Starters can take off the Browns game, or atleast have a bye. Can't have a hurt Troy in the playoffs.

Troy deserves a rest. He has consistently been saving our asses and the asses of other players.

Here's to one of the greatest of all time :drink::drink:

Time Traveler
12-11-2010, 02:29 PM
I say suit him up but don't put him into the game unless the Bungles start getting the best of us...

Riddle_Of_Steel
12-11-2010, 06:28 PM
Would be nice if we could get a first round bye. I am normally not a fan of it-- makes the team come out sleepy the next week. But this year, would help us to get some walking wounded back in the lineup.

Merchant
12-11-2010, 06:48 PM
Would be nice if we could get a first round bye. I am normally not a fan of it-- makes the team come out sleepy the next week. But this year, would help us to get some walking wounded back in the lineup.

Steelers looked pretty good coming out of the bye against San Diego in '08.. and we all know what happened after :tt03: