1stcav02
12-11-2010, 10:30 AM
Notable names:
Champ Bailey
Ronde Barber
Antonio Cromartie
Lito Sheppard
Carlos Rogers

Most kind of old but I think all the top corners this draft will be gone by our pick...just saying we need help! Though i'm aware the #1 priority has to be re-signing Ike. Barber shouldnt be too expensive plus Tomlin coached him

Atlanta Dan
12-11-2010, 10:33 AM
Notable names:
Champ Bailey
Ronde Barber
Antonio Cromartie
Lito Sheppard
Carlos Rogers

Most kind of old but I think all the top corners this draft will be gone by our pick...just saying we need help! Though i'm aware the #1 priority has to be re-signing Ike. Barber shouldnt be too expensive plus Tomlin coached him

Also need to figure out how to sign Woodley, Timmons & Colon. Not a lot of $$ laying around for a quality FA cornerback

Signing a 35 year old Barber does not make sense to me unless the Steelers long term goal is to have an entire starting defense > 30 years old

Rick5895
12-11-2010, 10:37 AM
Why don't we re - sign our own, IKE TAYLOR

BengalDestroyer
12-11-2010, 10:45 AM
Champ, Ronde - too old, Cromarti - probably stay a Jet, Shepard - not bad, but not great, Rodgers - I'd sign him

1stcav02
12-11-2010, 11:45 AM
old yes, but the fact is they can still play, i'm definetly not saying give them a long term deal. Just a quick fix until we can develop some young guys

ricardisimo
12-11-2010, 11:54 AM
This is being considered a deep, deep draft for corners. We're bound to get a good one if that's what we most need.

1stcav02
12-11-2010, 12:01 PM
Thats good to hear if it is a deep CB draft class, just seems to me good CB's are so rare anymore because of the touchy rules and athletic ability of WR's these days

tanda10506
12-11-2010, 12:08 PM
Also need to figure out how to sign Woodley, Timmons & Colon. Not a lot of $$ laying around for a quality FA cornerback

So Timmons is a free agent in 2011 also? That sucks, this team needs a real good O lineman and another good corner. But if we have that many free agents, we'll be lucky to keep the guys we have.

GameTime55
12-11-2010, 12:19 PM
I struggle with the fact that BOTH a CB and an OL are huge needs. We got Pouncey who will be a great one imho..Id like to make him even better with a great OT as well.

Woodley is my guy and I hope we dont lose him eihter ..Timmons also appears to be a no brainer to have to re sign but he will cost some big bucks as well.

Tough off season in the GMs office .not that any offseason is in a walk in the park either.

SH-Rock
12-11-2010, 12:23 PM
No free agents will be signed this year

FA for next year will be and if they are to be resigned:

Dennis Dixon -Maybe seeing Batch and Leftwitch are pretty old
Willie Colon-Maybe seeing how we're short on O-Line
Trai Essex-Gone
Keyaron Fox-Sly will take his place
Tony Hills-Maybe seeing how the O-Line's current condition is
Chris Hoke-Maybe
Doug Legursky-Gone
Anthony Madison-Gone
Ryan Mundy-Gone
Ike Taylor-Stays
LaMarr Woodley-Stays
Greg Warren-Stays
Jonathan Scott-Stays
Nick Eason-Gone
William Gay-Gone

tanda10506
12-11-2010, 12:36 PM
I struggle with the fact that BOTH a CB and an OL are huge needs. We got Pouncey who will be a great one imho..Id like to make him even better with a great OT as well.

Woodley is my guy and I hope we dont lose him eihter ..Timmons also appears to be a no brainer to have to re sign but he will cost some big bucks as well.

Tough off season in the GMs office .not that any offseason is in a walk in the park either.

Of course Woodley and Timmons are the top priority. But it's obvious we need one good corner. I know we have Pouncey, I think he's going to be one of the greats, but he can't do it alone. This O line sucks.

Steeldude
12-11-2010, 06:02 PM
No free agents will be signed this year

FA for next year will be and if they are to be resigned:

Dennis Dixon -Maybe seeing Batch and Leftwitch are pretty old
Willie Colon-Maybe seeing how we're short on O-Line
Trai Essex-Gone
Keyaron Fox-Sly will take his place
Tony Hills-Maybe seeing how the O-Line's current condition is
Chris Hoke-Maybe
Doug Legursky-Gone
Anthony Madison-Gone
Ryan Mundy-Gone
Ike Taylor-Stays
LaMarr Woodley-Stays
Greg Warren-Stays
Jonathan Scott-Stays
Nick Eason-Gone
William Gay-Gone

i hope dixon and hills are gone.

i would keep fox over the human bowling pin slow-of-foote.

i would re-sign taylor. gay is good as a nickel back.

woodley can walk for all i care. he is too inconsistent to be given a big contract.

i want eason and hoke to be re-signed.

legursky should be re-signed to add depth at the C and G spots.

MDSteel15
12-12-2010, 07:39 AM
Why don't we re - sign our own, IKE TAYLOR

Dude, wake up! Everyone is saying sign Ike, BUT we have to have somebody on the other side!!! We get burnt way too much in the passing game! :thumbsup: