PDA

View Full Version : Rashean Mathis

nort10
12-12-2010, 04:15 AM
I think his contract is up this year... its a dream senerio here but who would agree this man in black and gold would really improve our coners? Discuss.

lionslicer
12-12-2010, 04:45 AM
Tomlin was a much better defensive back coach than he ever was. I doubt he'll take that big of a demotion too. If Bucs finish badly and don't think he has what it takes, he'll be their defensive coordinator or someone elses, but he wont go back to a positions coach.

Goat27
12-12-2010, 04:51 AM
It's not the corner play, it's the scheme...the strong point is the front 7, after that, the focal point isnt the secondary

nort10
12-12-2010, 05:42 AM
guys im talking about mathis, # 27 of the jags, incredible cornerback

Set-Man
12-12-2010, 09:21 AM
I think they thought you were talking about the Bucs' coach.
He is a ball hog that kills Ben everytime we play them. He has taken a few back for tds against us.

I wouldn't mind either him or Jonathon Joseph. It would give us a good corner to be matched up with Ike. Then we could actually press the receivers instead of giving them 15 yd cushions.

We need to change the way our secondary plays (ie: press the receivers off the line) and the only way to do that is to have 2 corners who can cover (ie: Mcfadden bye-bye).

BengalDestroyer
12-12-2010, 09:30 AM
He's a good player, and having a lot of experience against pass happy teams like Indi, and Houston makes him valuable again due to the knowledge he has of passing offense....but I side with the Steelers on the fact that free agents really aren't our thing, get them if we need them.....

Set-Man
12-12-2010, 09:35 AM
He's a good player, and having a lot of experience against pass happy teams like Indi, and Houston makes him valuable again due to the knowledge he has of passing offense....but I side with the Steelers on the fact that free agents really aren't our thing, get them if we need them.....

My feeling is they need one as a new corner to start next year. Get a rookie to groom up.

nort10
12-12-2010, 02:07 PM
Mathis is already a pro-bowl calibur corner

PhantomJB93
12-12-2010, 02:33 PM
If we dont get Mathics or Jonathan Joseph in FA, which I doubt we will, we had better take a CB in the first or we're only screwing ourselves, the secondary play sans Troy is just ridiculously awful, and please people stop overhyping Ike, hes okay and a lot better than our other corners but he is NOT Pro Bowl caliber and he is NOT close to being even a top 15 corner in this league...

lionslicer
12-12-2010, 02:36 PM
Wow my fault... I have dyslexia.. I thought you says raheem morris ...