PDA

View Full Version : Our Offense sucks!

SteelKnight
12-12-2010, 01:04 PM
Hopefully they can get it together.

I was thinking the defense is going to have to make a play with this bad O.

Last week if Woodley had not taken it to the 9, who knows what would have happened. They still almost blew that.

When Troy made the pick I was telling him to go because I don't trust the offense. thank God he scored it to guarantee the points.

steeltheone
12-12-2010, 01:10 PM
Not near as good as id hoped they be...

SteelCityMom
12-12-2010, 01:11 PM
So I guess you don't feel this way anymore?

http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=62902

:chuckle:

Goldsteel86
12-12-2010, 01:25 PM
One name for you, Bruce Arians really pathetic play calling. First and goal with 1 T.O. left why not try to run the football????

SteelKnight
12-12-2010, 01:26 PM
So I guess you don't feel this way anymore?

http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=62902

:chuckle:

lol I don't hate the O-line. I know Ben has been pressured but when he has had time, they still suck. I don't know if the guys are just not getting open or whether Ben is not reading quickly enough but it's they need to work on their hot routes etc.

I think it was a mistake on Ben's part to waste a down on the yard line...unless he knew for sure he wanted to run. Why not have 3 plays to get it in the end zone in stead of 2. The time out was unnecessary from the 4 and he should have used it.

Just throw all 3 pass plays into the end zone and don't get sacked. No time out needed. Instead of the spike, he should have had a quick pass play that would have taken only 5 more seconds off the clock...amateur move.

W

pete74
12-12-2010, 01:30 PM
ben cant throw. its tough with a visor on if its raining and he definatly isnt doing a good job. i dont blame it all on him though because once that visor gets wet its really hard to see down field

btaylor179
12-12-2010, 01:31 PM
offensive line is terrible

pete74
12-12-2010, 01:32 PM

they are but ben holds the ball way to long

MasterOfPuppets
12-12-2010, 01:34 PM
of course arians will stick to his fail game plan in the second half instead of trying 3 step drops and moving the pocket, no huddle, etc.

Goldsteel86
12-12-2010, 01:34 PM
Agree with you Pete, it looks like he is trying to improvise too much, screw being a highlight reel just put points on the board.

Goldsteel86
12-12-2010, 01:36 PM
Off comes the SHIELD!!!!!!

SteelKnight
12-12-2010, 01:45 PM
Team needs to stop holding. Even when they got to the 9, I knew they would blow it.

pete74
12-12-2010, 01:46 PM
I would pull ben out of this game. He had to take his visor off and he's getting banged up. We really need ben for the playoffs and I don't like the risk.

GotAFeelin2010
12-12-2010, 01:46 PM
What position does Big Ben play? I know the league is really trying to protect QBs so I figure he must be playing some other position for us. 1 late hit, 1 Tom Brady late hit (legal hit but Brady would get the call), 1 face mask/ hands to the face, and 1 helmet to helmet. 0 flags

Goldsteel86
12-12-2010, 01:47 PM
Play Calling again, gotta love Arians, why is it the pass is the only thing in the playbook in the red zone????

SteelKnight
12-12-2010, 01:49 PM
I feel like Daniel-san in one of those Karate kid movies. Even if we win, it doesn't feel like we are dominant. I hope we can at least dominate Carolina. Good teams occasionally dominate.

TRH
12-12-2010, 01:50 PM
i don't even think its as much the play calling anymore (although thats bad too..), as much as it is our O-Line. Man...they REALLY suck. Bad. Aside from Pouncey, we might as well have ghosts playing there. The defenses are going right through them like transparent ghosts anyways.

TRH
12-12-2010, 01:51 PM
Play Calling again, gotta love Arians, why is it the pass is the only thing in the playbook in the red zone????

when we're backed up almost to the 15 on 3rd down, we almost surely ain't running it in from that distance. Gotta pass in that situation.
That said....you also have to execute.

SteelKnight
12-12-2010, 01:52 PM

Once DJ messed us up with that holding call, pass was the only option.

I would have been mad if he tried to get cute and run it from the 19 yard line with 1st and goal.

He tried to compromise with screens but they were busted.

Where are the deep balls to Wallace anyway? They should try at least 4 per game.

TRH
12-12-2010, 01:52 PM
Arians needs to come up with something.

SteelKnight
12-12-2010, 01:53 PM
OMG. that flag was so late.

SteelKnight
12-12-2010, 01:57 PM
Even though Brown was hit there, and he is fast, he has no vision. He usually just runs right into the pile. I have no idea why e doesn't ever see the holes. Still he is better than Randel El.

SteelKnight
12-12-2010, 02:17 PM
wow...not even a FG...the offense sucks. lol

I guess that last one was on the line...lol

ZoneBlitzer
12-12-2010, 02:30 PM
Honestly, I don't think they care that they suck. They have sucked for most of the year actually. What's worse is that they are playing against guys who are third stringers and they still suck. Out of all the playoff teams, they have the worst offense by far. I can't watch anymore. It's like watching the cast of "One flew over the Cuckoo's Nest" play.

Goldsteel86
12-12-2010, 02:38 PM
WR screen to the middle on third down, hmmm smart, very smart, should feel good for Arians the defense kept him in this game, as it looks might win it for him. Time for Tomlin to get a clue, an abundance of holding calls, drives stall three times in the red zone and by the way the Bungles are 2-10, next week should be interesting, hopefully not embarrassing!!!!!

tanda10506
12-12-2010, 03:01 PM
It's mainly the O line again! The refs are the best defense the Bengals have though. The games over and they didn't score 1 offensive touchdown!! That IS a guaranteed loss if we were playing the Jets or especially the Pats. We got sacked 2 times in a row to take us out of field goal range, that is the definition of horrible! Offense has to pick it up big time. The defense can win a lot of games for us but they will NEVER win a game in the playoffs without the offense even scoring a touchdown. O line has to pick it up and we have to throw the ball quick sometimes. The best news out of this game for the offense though is that the receivers are catching passes again. There have been big drops consistently this season, most noticeable in the Pats game, but this game there were good catches. Hines caught all the one's he normally does finally, Randle El had a big catch, and nobody dropped any easy passes. At least there is hope.

AndyWitmyer
12-12-2010, 03:03 PM
Just to remind everyone... this is a Steelers team that has won two Super Bowls in the last 5 years. In both of those seasons, the defense outplayed the offense. And anytime our offense has shined - or when Ben is having a "career year" they never seem to carry that into any sort of post-season success.

I know it's strange to say it, but I think what we've seen so far (the struggling offense and the awesome defense) - I'd say these are good omens, and may be indicative of post-season success for the Steelers.

Kanata-Steeler
12-12-2010, 03:05 PM
Here's today's Cin@Pt game points breakdown, and it has been similar to this all year, with our Offense.

Steelers "D" -> 14
Steelers "ST" -> 9
Bungles "O" -> 7
Bungles "ST" -> 0

Steelers "O" -> -3 !!!
Bungles "D" -> +3
(the above 2 lines, negate each other)

Our Special teams could have beat the bungles alone, but left to our "O" alone ?, we would have lost, and that my friends is just how bad
BA, and our Offensive-line(incuding BEN !) really is.

It's been our Defense that sets up our Offense, and that is basically the way it has been, AND, that is HOW we won those last 2 SuperBowls.

Tomlin, BA, Offensive-line are inconsistent beyond a measurable doubt, and that may very well keep us from the Big Dance.

This is a Team that has been practicing with our Steelers Defense for a number of years now. So WHY DOES our "O" STINK so much still. ???

BA should be FIRED at the end of this season, and thats it.
And if Tomlin can't do that(and/or his hands are tied ?!) well then, he himself is nuthin' but a "cheerleader" coach.
The real coach on this Steelers team is obviously Dick LeBeau.

lionslicer
12-12-2010, 03:06 PM
Atleast our offensive doesn't throw 2 pic-6's in a game against a division rival:wink02:

As long as Ben doesn't turn the ball over and we play field position, the defense will do its job...

Kanata-Steeler
12-12-2010, 03:18 PM
Atleast our offensive doesn't throw 2 pic-6's in a game against a division rival:wink02:

As long as Ben doesn't turn the ball over and we play field position, the defense will do its job...

uhhh NO they won't, and they sure won't be able to (all alone that is) beat teams like the Patriots, or the Saints,..., or, .... get it ?
that is how BAD our "O' really is ppl. our Offense has to get TD's for gawd sakes and some consistency in seeing the plays thru.

lionslicer
12-12-2010, 03:22 PM
uhhh NO they won't, and they sure won't be able to (all alone that is) beat teams like the Patriots, or the Saints,..., or, .... get it ?
that is how BAD our "O' really is ppl. our Offense has to get TD's for gawd sakes and some consistency in seeing the plays thru.

:noidea: I was just being optimistic... Don't attack me like I'm an idiot...

Fire Arians
12-12-2010, 03:24 PM
offense didn't have to be great today. i didn't expect much a week after a physical game at baltimore, just hoped enough for a win and glad we've had that.

in my experience we usually have a down game a week after baltimore, a lot of our guys get beat up in that matchup

Goldsteel86
12-12-2010, 03:25 PM
Glad to see a win don't get me wrong, and I am aware defense wins championships, but are we only one injury away on defense to disaster? Plainly put, the offense has got to put points on the board and let the defense get a breather, seeing Bruce Arians talking with Ben and Wallace near the end of the game laughing it up is ridiculous. If I am Arians this is a straight loss for the offense, too many penalties, no protection and poor play calling, seems to me that Arians needs to give his game pay check to Dick LeBeau!!!!!!

MattsMe
12-12-2010, 03:27 PM
Our offense plays to win games, not fantasy points.

That being said, we do have areas that need improvement, but it all starts up front. With 4 linemen out this year, it's very hard to get anything going.

Kanata-Steeler
12-12-2010, 03:27 PM
:noidea: I was just being optimistic... Don't attack me like I'm an idiot...

I didn't, I said "ppl" right ?
I sure didn't mean to make it look like I attacked anyone, anyway sry, I'm just really :mad: about our horrible Offense today....
In other words, please don't take any "Offense" (pun) to my opinions. ;)

Steeldude
12-12-2010, 03:38 PM
Our offense plays to win games, not fantasy points.

That being said, we do have areas that need improvement, but it all starts up front. With 4 linemen out this year, it's very hard to get anything going.

the starters aren't much better than the backups.

SoCalFan
12-12-2010, 03:44 PM
Not sure why we dont go hurry up more often?I think Mendy would be close to leading the league if not running behind that patch work line!

Goldsteel86
12-12-2010, 03:48 PM
Here's your answer to the hurry up, it is not in Arians's game plan. If you watch it is like he almost has the game scripted, except when Ben audibles, Ben is also getting bad about being predictable also. No way Arians will stray, especially against teams with a losing record, I think Tomlin was the reason for hurry up last week!

TRH
12-12-2010, 04:03 PM
with NO offensive line (i mean, c'mon, today at times it seemed as if they were almost non-existent out there...) and the refs happy to call holding penalties on us all day...but not call them on the other guys, its really hard to score points. Considering these 2 huge strikes against us, we were lucky to rack up the yardage we did get. Ben, Wallace, and Hines all looked good out there today.

cubanstogie
12-12-2010, 05:52 PM
One name for you, Bruce Arians really pathetic play calling. First and goal with 1 T.O. left why not try to run the football????
with our offensive line its a crap shoot. 1st and goal at the 1 turns into first and goal at the 11 thanks to holding all day. You Arians haters have tunnel vision if you think its playcalling that is killing us. Football is played in the trenches and we are getting dominated at the line of scrimmage. Hard enough to get 10 yards for a first let alone 20.

TRH
12-12-2010, 06:10 PM
i did notice that in the 4 quarter we went into that "league-leading predictable" set of downs that we just OWN.
Run up the middle.
then run up the middle.
Pass.

That....drives.....me.....CRAZY

steelerchad
12-12-2010, 06:48 PM
Hopefully they can get it together.

I was thinking the defense is going to have to make a play with this bad O.

Last week if Woodley had not taken it to the 9, who knows what would have happened. They still almost blew that.

When Troy made the pick I was telling him to go because I don't trust the offense. thank God he scored it to guarantee the points.

Right now our offense isn't as bad as our next week's opponents offense.
The Jets have scored 3 and 6 in back to back week against good, but not great defenses. Next week, they will be playing a great defense.

Set-Man
12-12-2010, 07:40 PM
Our offense sucks because out O-line sucks. I really do think that is the biggest reason. I haven't seen many games where Ben has time to make a midrange throw without someone in his face. Mendenhall gets hit behind the line of scrimmage 50% of the time and has to make spin moves, etc just to get a few yards. He must be frustrated as hell.

The best play in my opinion today was the wildcat with ARE and Wallace. It is really painful to watch the rest of the game. The Bengals had a second string team out there. They need to go no huddle in the playoffs to have a chance. Scott has been a disaster at left tackle. They have to remake an offensive line with free agents, draft picks, etc. in my opinion. I understand we won superbowls in the past but I believe our line (minus Pouncey) was better in the past.

SteelKnight
12-12-2010, 09:39 PM
The real coach on this Steelers team is obviously Dick LeBeau.

Lebeau has had his problems too with the pass defense having many many holes. Every time the ball is in the air I'm saying "I hope the receiver is not wide open".

Lebeau is a good coach but without Troy, Harrison, and Woodley, IDK. We saw how Lebeau was as a head coach. I'd like Lebeau to get the pass D like it was in 2008.

Keep in mind the Steelers always have a top D...even during Lebeau's absense.

Lebeau needs to come up with some trickiness for the Pats...then I'll be impressed.

SteelKnight
12-12-2010, 09:40 PM
Our offense sucks because out O-line sucks. I really do think that is the biggest reason. I haven't seen many games where Ben has time to make a midrange throw without someone in his face. Mendenhall gets hit behind the line of scrimmage 50% of the time and has to make spin moves, etc just to get a few yards. He must be frustrated as hell.

The best play in my opinion today was the wildcat with ARE and Wallace. It is really painful to watch the rest of the game. The Bengals had a second string team out there. They need to go no huddle in the playoffs to have a chance. Scott has been a disaster at left tackle. They have to remake an offensive line with free agents, draft picks, etc. in my opinion. I understand we won superbowls in the past but I believe our line (minus Pouncey) was better in the past.

I agree with the no huddle but I disagree with blaming the line for everything. maybe the receivers need to get open quicker.

finesward
12-12-2010, 09:45 PM
i have gas

tony hipchest
12-12-2010, 10:16 PM

because arians doeant believe in a fullback (which explains why they dont run and rarely score when in the redzone).

teh defense and special teams are expected to make up for this deficiency. if they dont, they suck. atleast thats what the bruce arians lovers club would have you believe.

SteelKnight
12-12-2010, 10:28 PM
because arians doeant believe in a fullback (which explains why they dont run and rarely score when in the redzone).

teh defense and special teams are expected to make up for this deficiency. if they dont, they suck. atleast thats what the bruce arians lovers club would have you believe.

The defense was good today but you must admit that some days the pass defense sucks.

Yes, they have many times been able to keep points off the board, but that won't always work. It's good to limit yardage too. It makes a difference for field position.

It seems like Lebeau's pass D is supposed to only work for like 5 seconds so if the rushers don't get to the QB by then they are toast. The pass rush was good today. In addition everyone knows the short flats are wide open.

Merchant
12-12-2010, 11:34 PM
You guys gotta chill... lol.

This is eerily similar to 2008. Subpar O-Line.. Defense making game-winning plays. And we all know how season ended :)

Have faith. We're 10-3. I agree, the Offense hasn't been good lately, as always there's room for improvement. But as long as #7 is slinging it, and #43 is winging it, I like our chances.

tony hipchest
12-12-2010, 11:49 PM
everyone wishes we were the patriots.

oh well... we hired the wrong browns reject.

who woulda thunk bill belichick woulda been a 10X better o-coord than BA.

life goes on. let the chips fall where they may.

win or lose it all, i am fairly pleased how this season has gone despite our suck ass offense that trips over its own dick more often than not.

steelerjim58
12-13-2010, 12:01 AM
Maybe my perception isn't reality, but I would be curious to know how many drives have started inside our 10 yard line? It seems like every game there is one or two or more. Obviously field position effects how a offense operates.

steelersalaska
12-13-2010, 02:03 AM
you young kids are starting to p#ss me off.... nothing but a nervous nail biting bunch of children who base their week off of Pittsburgh"s play! We are 10 and 3 and leading the AFC North. "Our" offensive line is playing way far out handicapped, we have started 6 differerent (at least) player lineups so far. It's hard to gell together or get cohesivness without time. Ben is broken, beat up and bruised yet he never whines like you cry babies. Break lady brady's nose or three hard hits on manning and that team loses everytime. "Our" team is being hindered by suffocating calls against our defense and bruising no-calls against our offense. Yet "we" still seem to win regardless. I applaud the whole Pittsburgh team. Every week one or another player "steps it up" to help us win. Winning the game, the big W, isn't that what it's about? For all you cry baby wanna be's who b#tch and complain every week even when we win, do something about it and try out next spring at training camp, I'm sure you'll change your 'tude real fast. I've been watching Pittsburgh football for a lot of years now and really can't remember a beautifully played game. I remember a few blow outs but not many, but I do remember a hell of a lot of bone crunching, defensively dominating games. "Our" offense usually does enough to win games. That's the way it is in Pittsburgh, if you can't accept that go suck lady brady's teet. I for one think that we actually have a chance to make the SB again this year, with this O line, with Arians, with McFadden and Gay and with this team. Here we go Steelers..... this fan supports you.

SteelKnight
12-13-2010, 03:12 AM
everyone wishes we were the patriots.

oh well... we hired the wrong browns reject.

who woulda thunk bill belichick woulda been a 10X better o-coord than BA.

life goes on. let the chips fall where they may.

win or lose it all, i am fairly pleased how this season has gone despite our suck ass offense that trips over its own dick more often than not.

Yeah...good point. You are the one who likes to tease people who are scared of the Patriots...I'll admit it Tony...they make me nervous...lol

I think we may be able to get to the Championship game but...Brady makes things look easy...why is he so good? LOL

SteelKnight
12-13-2010, 03:14 AM
you young kids are starting to p#ss me off.... nothing but a nervous nail biting bunch of children who base their week off of Pittsburgh"s play! We are 10 and 3 and leading the AFC North. "Our" offensive line is playing way far out handicapped, we have started 6 differerent (at least) player lineups so far. It's hard to gell together or get cohesivness without time. Ben is broken, beat up and bruised yet he never whines like you cry babies. Break lady brady's nose or three hard hits on manning and that team loses everytime. "Our" team is being hindered by suffocating calls against our defense and bruising no-calls against our offense. Yet "we" still seem to win regardless. I applaud the whole Pittsburgh team. Every week one or another player "steps it up" to help us win. Winning the game, the big W, isn't that what it's about? For all you cry baby wanna be's who b#tch and complain every week even when we win, do something about it and try out next spring at training camp, I'm sure you'll change your 'tude real fast. I've been watching Pittsburgh football for a lot of years now and really can't remember a beautifully played game. I remember a few blow outs but not many, but I do remember a hell of a lot of bone crunching, defensively dominating games. "Our" offense usually does enough to win games. That's the way it is in Pittsburgh, if you can't accept that go suck lady brady's teet. I for one think that we actually have a chance to make the SB again this year, with this O line, with Arians, with McFadden and Gay and with this team. Here we go Steelers..... this fan supports you.

I get intimidated by large paragraphs on MBs so I didn't read...lol I'm afraid I would get distracted and loose my spot. It's more fun if you break it up a bit. lol

plenewken
12-13-2010, 06:39 AM
Yesterday: Defense 14 pts, Special Teams 9 pts, Offense 0 pts against one of the weakest teams in the NFL. Another goose egg laid by Arians ...........

Yeah I know, we have injuries, but the others have injuries too, starting with the Bengals.

Our offense can't put points on the board, period.

TRH
12-13-2010, 07:36 AM

People have a right to be concerned w/this offense. If you think you're going to beat a NE, New Orleans and a host of other teams scoring NO points or 7 points or whatever, you're sadly mistaken. Our D would have to score 30 points by themselves. I don't think its crying and whining as much as it is deserved concern. Our O-Line isn't even playing NFL caliber quality play. Our QB is going to get killed back there.

Whodis
12-13-2010, 08:32 AM
People have a right to be concerned w/this offense. If you think you're going to beat a NE, New Orleans and a host of other teams scoring NO points or 7 points or whatever, you're sadly mistaken. Our D would have to score 30 points by themselves. I don't think its crying and whining as much as it is deserved concern. Our O-Line isn't even playing NFL caliber quality play. Our QB is going to get killed back there.

I agree and I'm far from young. The Patriots look really good and thats without the personal foul calls they'll get from us.

The fact is we are going to the playoffs and this offense sucks. Week after week it's the same garbage.

Keep in the back of your mind that one of those bull$hit screen passes will be returned for a pick 6. Hopefully not in the playoffs!

SteelCityMom
12-13-2010, 09:37 AM
Just sit back, relax and enjoy the ride folks.

It wouldn't be a true Steelers season if you didn't feel like you needed heart surgery when it's all said and done.

They're not a pretty team, and yeah...the offense is going through a really, really rough patch right now...but it's not something the team and fans haven't been through multiple times over.

Somehow, this team is better when the chips are down, when they seem all but beaten up and broken down to the point where you think they can't make it much further. Then, out of nowhere they surprise the shit out of you and win a SB. Might not happen this year, but who knows...I doubt the majority of people thought it would happen in '05 and '08 either. All I know is, adversity breeds excellence with these guys. I hope it happens one more time.

StainlessStill
12-13-2010, 09:49 AM
If you look at it, the Steelers have changed NOTHING from their game and an offense as a whole from a year ago. If the defense would have played like they did this year LAST year, then this team is the absolute SAME and we would have performed the same exact way. Our offense can move the ball from 20 to 20, but we hit the invisible brick wall within the 20 yard line. We fixed NOTHING. I think Arians has been scrutinized way too often because the dude hasn't had offensive personal that stayed together health wise for his offense to work, but he HAS to be the scrape goat. There's nothing else you can blame but I think he gets too much criticism givin the circumstance of not having a line all season, not having his QB for a month, losing his #1 wide-out via trade and having to come up with some type of replacements weekly, but yet, we're STILL 10-3!!!! I'm eager to see how we as an offensive unit perform in the playoffs and IF we get the first round BYE to see if we take advantage of it.

biggtee
12-13-2010, 09:58 AM

that is the main reason our offense stinks because ben is running for his life on every single snap its ****in pathetic

Whodis
12-13-2010, 10:15 AM
If you look at it, the Steelers have changed NOTHING from their game and an offense as a whole from a year ago. If the defense would have played like they did this year LAST year, then this team is the absolute SAME and we would have performed the same exact way. Our offense can move the ball from 20 to 20, but we hit the invisible brick wall within the 20 yard line. We fixed NOTHING. I think Arians has been scrutinized way too often because the dude hasn't had offensive personal that stayed together health wise for his offense to work, but he HAS to be the scrape goat. There's nothing else you can blame but I think he gets too much criticism givin the circumstance of not having a line all season, not having his QB for a month, losing his #1 wide-out via trade and having to come up with some type of replacements weekly, but yet, we're STILL 10-3!!!! I'm eager to see how we as an offensive unit perform in the playoffs and IF we get the first round BYE to see if we take advantage of it.

If our offensive problems are because of changes in personel. Just how does New England score over 30 pts 5 straight games with the changes they have had?

I don't think Arians is scrutinized enough. Other then a message board find me an article written by local writers that call it for what it is. We run the same offensive game plan every week and what changes have we made in the red zone?

StainlessStill
12-13-2010, 10:31 AM
If our offensive problems are because of changes in personel. Just how does New England score over 30 pts 5 straight games with the changes they have had?

I don't think Arians is scrutinized enough. Other then a message board find me an article written by local writers that call it for what it is. We run the same offensive game plan every week and what changes have we made in the red zone?

New England pretty much made all kinds of changes on the defensive side of the ball. That's coaching to the point of finding your players strengths and executing their balance. Even though their young and ranked one of the league's worst, they rely off of Brady and the offense to score points at will and their a healthy bunch to boot.

As for their offense, I think everyone is missing the fact that New England is built from the inside out. Their offensive lineman are HUGE and are as veteran as it comes. They are a very underrated bunch when it comes to New England's success and to my understanding, the Pats are pretty damn healthy from their key positions. It seems like every week we are dealing with some kind of major injury that makes the offense gel as a unit and rhythm. I'm not saying Arians is good or bad, he IS mostly bad because his tenure here shows that stat (esp in the redzone) but the other side of the coin says he's had very little to work with regarding the state of our offensive line and QB woes of suspension and injury.

Fire Arians
12-13-2010, 11:19 AM
NE didn't have anyone that could cover wallace. perhaps the game might have been more competitive if ward didn't get knocked out of the game. now we have the young wr's more incorporated into our offense and will be much more comfortable in it the next time we face the pats. Call me crazy but i got a feelin' ;)

Whodis
12-13-2010, 12:52 PM
NE didn't have anyone that could cover wallace. perhaps the game might have been more competitive if ward didn't get knocked out of the game. now we have the young wr's more incorporated into our offense and will be much more comfortable in it the next time we face the pats. Call me crazy but i got a feelin' ;)

thats right on. You didn't realize how important he really is until that happen.

With that said........ Our offense still sucks

SuperSteelers
12-13-2010, 01:35 PM

:iagree::iagree::iagree:

Amen, brother!

ricardisimo
12-13-2010, 01:47 PM
The O-line is a concern, but has anyone else noticed that Rashard's dancing around too much all of the sudden? What gives?

Atlanta Dan
12-13-2010, 01:56 PM
The O-line is a concern, but has anyone else noticed that Rashard's dancing around too much all of the sudden? What gives?

Maybe he cannot find any holes to run through?

The season ebbs and flows - as long as the wins keep coming, my goal is for the the Steelers offense to peak in mid-January rather than early December

Whodis
12-13-2010, 02:12 PM

John Kuhn (born September 9, 1982 in York, Pennsylvania) is an American football Fullback, known by the nickname "The Philosopher" after the philosopher of science Thomas Kuhn, currently playing Running Back for the Green Bay Packers of the National Football League. He was originally signed by the Pittsburgh Steelers as an undrafted free agent in 2005. John attended Dover Area High School in Dover, Pennsylvania. He played college football at Shippensburg University (PA).

:hatsoff:

StainlessStill
12-13-2010, 03:00 PM

Good post. EXACTLY what I've been saying all along. With Ward knocked out of the game VERY early, Mendenhall pretty much suffered and we had to take our most explosive offense player (other than Wallace) off of the field because we lost not only our possession receiver, but the best blocking reciever and Hines is monumental in the running game. All this in the midst of having our left side of our line takin' away from us.

I'VE GOT A FEELINGGGGGGGGGGGGG as well!:tt04:

HAWK
12-13-2010, 05:56 PM
right now I'm watching Directv's "quick cut" where they play the entire game in 30 minutes. Honestly, the offense doesn't look that bad until we get in the red zone. If they clean up their RZ play we're having a completely different conversation.

SteelKnight
12-13-2010, 06:27 PM

Oh...thanks for reminding me. Tat gives me a glimmer of hope for the Championship game (in case it happens).

Now...on the defensive side of the ball, can Lebeau adjust to trip up Brady?

I think if we are going to beat NE, it must be a defensive game.

SteelKnight
12-13-2010, 06:32 PM
Just sit back, relax and enjoy the ride folks.

It wouldn't be a true Steelers season if you didn't feel like you needed heart surgery when it's all said and done.

They're not a pretty team, and yeah...the offense is going through a really, really rough patch right now...but it's not something the team and fans haven't been through multiple times over.

Somehow, this team is better when the chips are down, when they seem all but beaten up and broken down to the point where you think they can't make it much further. Then, out of nowhere they surprise the shit out of you and win a SB. Might not happen this year, but who knows...I doubt the majority of people thought it would happen in '05 and '08 either. All I know is, adversity breeds excellence with these guys. I hope it happens one more time.

In 05, no...in 08, as soon as Brady went on IR I thought it would be our season.

Maybe we need to return Wallace to the slot. I like him as a 1 trick Pony. Let Brown or Sanders play SE. They will do an adequate job with those routes. Let Wallace go deep again. I think they should try at least 4 deep passes to Wallace per game. he will either catch some or draw a pass interference. It would open some things up.