PDA

View Full Version : scheduling conspiracy against the pats

tony hipchest
04-06-2006, 01:33 PM
no write off wins by scheduling florida teams to play in foxboro in december.

Date Opponent Time/Result
Sep 10 Buffalo 1:00pm
Sep 17 @N.Y. Jets 4:15pm
Sep 24 Denver 8:15pm
Oct 1 @Cincinnati 4:15pm
Oct 8 Miami 1:00pm
Week 6 BYE
Oct 22 @Buffalo 1:00pm
Oct 30 @Minnesota 8:30pm
Nov 5 Indianapolis 8:15pm
Nov 12 N.Y. Jets 1:00pm
Nov 19 @Green Bay 1:00pm
Nov 26 Chicago 1:00pm
Dec 3 Detroit 1:00pm
Dec 10 @Miami 1:00pm
Dec 17 Houston 1:00pm
Dec 24 @Jacksonville 1:00pm
Dec 31 @Tennessee 1:00pm

Ambridge
04-06-2006, 02:24 PM
They still play Detroit and Houston at home in December.

Maybe Belichick will have someone trained to boot another drop-kick by then.

Livinginthe past
04-06-2006, 08:49 PM
Its nice to get Denver at home.

The Colts must be sick to death of travelling to Foxboro - though of course we owe them a beating after they had the temerity to win at the Razor last year.

Looking at the way the fixtures pan out - I would say 12-4 would be a par for the course record.

Only 1 of the last 8 games looks seriously dangerous (@Miami) which should see us with momentum entering the playoffs.

NM

tony hipchest
04-06-2006, 08:56 PM
thats one of the easiest road schedules i have ever seen for an established team like the patriots. miami might be the only threat. jax and cinci at home should scare only the bottom 5-10 teams in the league. jax has no fans and (im sure the stadium will be pretty packed when the steelers come to town) the steelers proved the bengals are easilly beatable at home last year.

going by last years trend thay face very few top 15 qb's so they should be able to win without addressing their secondary any further. p. manning, and j. plummer, and maybe culpepper will be the only top qb's they face. lucky for them. their greatest weakness will be masked once again.

Livinginthe past
04-06-2006, 09:09 PM
thats one of the easiest road schedules i have ever seen for an established team like the patriots. miami might be the only threat. jax and cinci at home should scare only the bottom 5-10 teams in the league. jax has no fans and (im sure the stadium will be pretty packed when the steelers come to town) the steelers proved the bengals are easilly beatable at home last year.

going by last years trend thay face very few top 15 qb's so they should be able to win without addressing their secondary any further. p. manning, and j. plummer, and maybe culpepper will be the only top qb's they face. lucky for them. their greatest weakness will be masked once again.

I think you will find that the secondary was ravaged by injuries last year - Wilson, our starting safety had no fewer than 8 different starters opposite him at the other safety position.

That tends to translate to a weakness.

Lets hope the Steelers have addressed their glaring own weakness from last year - all that crying about losing Ben for a few games should have nudged management into a rethink.

NM

83-Steelers-43
04-06-2006, 09:13 PM
*yawns*

tony hipchest
04-06-2006, 09:23 PM
I think you will find that the secondary was ravaged by injuries last year - Wilson, our starting safety had no fewer than 8 different starters opposite him at the other safety position.
so? injuries to ty law the year before that didnt seem to be any problem now did it. has the loss of coaches caught up?

That tends to translate to a weakness.
did i not say their secondary was a weakness? are you not glad your team faces some piss poor qb's next season, or are you the type who quivers in his boots at the thought of facing jp losman or m. leinart twice a year?

Lets hope the Steelers have addressed their glaring own weakness from last year - all that crying about losing Ben for a few games should have nudged management into a rethink.
lets hope tom brady doesnt suffer the same fate ben did last year. the steelers have cut maddox and elevated batch. what have the pats done?

NM

my initial point still stands....the pats have one of theeasiest road schedules ever.

SteelerzGirl
04-06-2006, 09:34 PM
*yawns*

I agree...(lol).

The Patriots aren't going to be any good this year.

Sharkissle29
04-06-2006, 09:35 PM
what a lame schedule....

Livinginthe past
04-06-2006, 10:21 PM
my initial point still stands....the pats have one of theeasiest road schedules ever.

Yes it is indeed an relatively easy schedule on paper.

Losing Ty Law is simply not comparable to losing 8/9 DB's to injury at the different points of the season.

It wasn't just the sheer weight of injuries, but also some of the personnel we lost were very important in terms of leadership and organisation - Rodney Harrison in particular.

My point was that if you take away 8 or 9 players from ANY part of a teams roster it becomes a weakness - if we can can keep a few more players fit to play then this area stops being a weakness for us straight away.

In terms of back-up QB's the Pats have a very nice young player in Matt Cassell - I love what I saw of him playing with the 2nd team Offense against a motivated Miami 1st team defense. (I know you recall this game with great clarity as you normally find an opening to quote the drop kick XP at least once a week).

I imagine that he will be a starter for some team in the next 3/4 years - its tough being behind the best QB in football in the team depth chart.

NM

tony hipchest
04-06-2006, 10:37 PM
Yes it is indeed an relatively easy schedule on paper.

Losing Ty Law is simply not comparable to losing 8/9 DB's to injury at the different points of the season.

i guess that was due to all the turf they played on

It wasn't just the sheer weight of injuries, but also some of the personnel we lost were very important in terms of leadership and organisation - Rodney Harrison in particular.

maybe you can hire d. perry as your d. coord after next season

My point was that if you take away 8 or 9 players from ANY part of a teams roster it becomes a weakness - if we can can keep a few more players fit to play then this area stops being a weakness for us straight away.
talk about stating the obvious. not having any quality qb's to face stops that area of weakness right away too. although you will never admit that

In terms of back-up QB's the Pats have a very nice young player in Matt Cassell - I love what I saw of him playing with the 2nd team Offense against a motivated Miami 1st team defense. (I know you recall this game with great clarity as you normally find an opening to quote the drop kick XP at least once a week).
the dropkick must be a sensitive subject with you. dodging the easilly beatable steelers in the 1st round of the playoffs sure blew up in your face huh? crash course collision with the patriot killer broncos. haha

I imagine that he will be a starter for some team in the next 3/4 years - its tough being behind the best QB in football in the team depth chart.

famous last words of d. pederson and j. sorgi

NM

the easy pats road schedule may prevent a losing season next year.

Livinginthe past
04-06-2006, 10:48 PM
the easy pats road schedule may prevent a losing season next year.

Tony,

You said that facing barely any decent QB's this year would cover up the Patriots most glaring weakness.

I dont happen to believe that the Patriots DB corps this year is a weakness - in fact I think its pretty deep with young talent that has experience of starting.

I dont see any logic in suggesting that I would be sensitive about the drop kick - maybe you can enlighten me as to why i might be upset about a succesful XP?

The last time I seen the footage it went over...maybe you seen something different?

I must have missed the untimely deaths of Jim Sorgi and D Pederson - I mean if they had 'famous last words' ..they must have died right?

NM

3 to be 4
04-06-2006, 10:50 PM
Nov 12 N.Y. Jets 1:00pm
Nov 19 @Green Bay 1:00pm
Nov 26 Chicago 1:00pm
Dec 3 Detroit 1:00pm

well, theres a 4 game winning streak if i ever saw one

tony hipchest
04-06-2006, 10:54 PM
Tony,

I must have missed the untimely deaths of Jim Sorgi and D Pederson - I mean if they had 'famous last words' ..they must have died right?

NM you mean theyre still alive???? they must still be waiting for their starting position then.

i dont see any logic in suggesting i post about the flutie dropkick once a week unless you are hypersyensitive about it. sore spot maybe? go dig through my posts now and prove where i post about it once a week.

you cant.

Livinginthe past
04-06-2006, 10:57 PM
you mean theyre still alive???? they must still be waiting for their starting position then.

i dont see any logic in suggesting i post about the flutie dropkick once a week unless you are hypersyensitive about it. sore spot maybe? go dig through my posts now and prove where i post about it once a week.

you cant.

Yes they are still alive as far as i know.

You have posted about the drop kick more than a fan of the team that kicked it does - thats tells me all I need to know.

For the life of me, I still cannot see how a successful Patriots XP would be a sore spot for me.

NM

tony hipchest
04-06-2006, 11:09 PM
For the life of me, I still cannot see how a successful Patriots XP would be a sore spot for me.

NM

then why did you bring it up in this thread?

Livinginthe past
04-06-2006, 11:16 PM
then why did you bring it up in this thread?

Well Tony,

I have been known to bring up the two championship losses the Steelers have suffered at the hands of the Patriots before...does that mean they are a sore point too? :sofunny:

NM

tony hipchest
04-06-2006, 11:24 PM
Well Tony,

I have been known to bring up the two championship losses the Steelers have suffered at the hands of the Patriots before...does that mean they are a sore point too? :sofunny:

NMnot if youre the one who keeps bringing it up. that just means youre gloating and living in the past. now if i kept bringing up those losses.....then yes you could probably assume it was a sore point with me.

why would youre false accusation of me bringing up some patriots dropkick once a week be an alleged sore point with me? after all it gave the pats the 'easier road" throughout the playoffs. unfortunately while facing the steelers would have been a fantasized easy win for the pats, the pats played horribly and lost to denver while the steelers marched in and proceded to kick their ass. yu think im sore about the stupid dropkick and playing to lose? me thinks you doth protest too much.

tony hipchest
04-06-2006, 11:32 PM
would someone please tell me why a patfan would be so defensive about me stating that they have an easy road schedule? im just pointing out the obvious.

i can happily admit that the bengals have a tougher schedule than the steelers next year, facing the colts, pats and steelers twice. while the steelers luck out and get miami, jax, and the bengals twice. simple math and probabilities on my part.

Livinginthe past
04-07-2006, 12:38 AM
not if youre the one who keeps bringing it up. that just means youre gloating and living in the past. now if i kept bringing up those losses.....then yes you could probably assume it was a sore point with me.

why would youre false accusation of me bringing up some patriots dropkick once a week be an alleged sore point with me? after all it gave the pats the 'easier road" throughout the playoffs. unfortunately while facing the steelers would have been a fantasized easy win for the pats, the pats played horribly and lost to denver while the steelers marched in and proceded to kick their ass. yu think im sore about the stupid dropkick and playing to lose? me thinks you doth protest too much.

Wake me up when you have finished getting your panties in a twist - you clearly want this to turn into another drawn out episode of back'n'forth nonsense.

NM

Livinginthe past
04-07-2006, 12:42 AM
would someone please tell me why a patfan would be so defensive about me stating that they have an easy road schedule? im just pointing out the obvious.

i can happily admit that the bengals have a tougher schedule than the steelers next year, facing the colts, pats and steelers twice. while the steelers luck out and get miami, jax, and the bengals twice. simple math and probabilities on my part.

I already admitted that is appears to be an easy road schedule for the Patriots (see post no.10).

Im not too sure where you are trying to go with all this nonsense, ill just wait for you to get this little episode out of system.

NM

Suitanim
04-07-2006, 08:36 AM
Hmmm...let's see:

Sep 10 Buffalo 1:00pm (W)
Sep 17 @N.Y. Jets 4:15pm (W)
Sep 24 Denver 8:15pm (L)
Oct 1 @Cincinnati 4:15pm (W)
Oct 8 Miami 1:00pm (L)
Week 6 BYE
Oct 22 @Buffalo 1:00pm (L)
Oct 30 @Minnesota 8:30pm (W)
Nov 5 Indianapolis 8:15pm (L)
Nov 12 N.Y. Jets 1:00pm (W)
Nov 19 @Green Bay 1:00pm (W)
Nov 26 Chicago 1:00pm (L)
Dec 3 Detroit 1:00pm (W)
Dec 10 @Miami 1:00pm (L)
Dec 17 Houston 1:00pm (W)
Dec 24 @Jacksonville 1:00pm (L)
Dec 31 @Tennessee 1:00pm (W)

I got 'em at 9-7. No big whoop.

tony hipchest
04-07-2006, 09:47 AM
I already admitted that is appears to be an easy road schedule for the Patriots (see post no.10).

Im not too sure where you are trying to go with all this nonsense, ill just wait for you to get this little episode out of system.

NM discussing yesterdays release of teams schedules is nonsense? in the nfl section of a football forum? who would have guessed.

tony hipchest
04-07-2006, 05:33 PM
*as i carry on*

lol. i guess im not the only one who thinks this way:

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=gallo/060407

week 1
Buffalo at New England -- New England opens against a 5-11 team that has a new coach, making it a bit tough for the Patriots to claim the NFL is using the schedule to conspire against them this year.

Week 2
New England at NY Jets -- The conspiracy against the Patriots continues as they are forced to play the mighty Jets.

week 4
New England at Cincinnati -- This game likely will serve as another reminder to the Patriots that they might want to think about improving their secondary one of these offseasons if they can manage to find the time while ridding themselves of franchise legends

Week 5
Miami at New England -- The Patriots are faced here with the displeasure of actually having to play a decent team from within their division for the first time in years. That doesn't seem right. Down is up, up is down. The whole world is crashing around us.

Week 9
Indianapolis at New England -- Here's hoping Adam Vinatieri misses a last-second, game-winning kick and then Martin Gramatica, like his brother, blows out his knee celebrating.

Week 10
NY Jets at New England -- Eric Mangini returns to New England to take on Bill Belichick. And a hundred bucks says there's at least one fan sign in Foxborough that reads: "We still love Mangina."

Week 13
Detroit at New England -- Seriously, this brutal schedule the Patriots have is so unfair! The inhumanity!

BlitzburghRockCity
04-07-2006, 06:27 PM
:popcorn: :popcorn:

Suitanim
04-07-2006, 07:15 PM
Much more importantly, this article talked about the World Champion Steelers several times, and quite cleverly, I might add.

"Pittsburgh at Atlanta -- Like Valtrex is to herpes, Troy Polamalu is to Michael Vick"

Pittsburgh at Jacksonville -- Jaguars cornerback Rashean Mathis said it was a "statement game" last year when Jacksonville beat Pittsburgh in overtime. He was right. The statement was: "We're barely good enough to beat a team quarterbacked by Tommy Maddox."

Pittsburgh at Oakland -- Thirty-four years ago, the Raiders lost to the Steelers on the "Immaculate Reception." Now, Oakland gets a chance at payback, as any pass Aaron Brooks completes has to be seen as a once-in-a-lifetime experience touched by God.

New Orleans at Pittsburgh -- Ben Roethlisberger sat out of Pittsburgh's Week 10 game last season with injuries. If that happens again, the Saints might have a chance. (Actually, that's not true. They still wouldn't have a chance. But I don't want to destroy anyone's hope.)

Livinginthe past
04-07-2006, 08:46 PM
Its good to see that the Patriots haters are still going strong - if they didnt exist the New England franchise would be doing something wrong.

No-one minds a little smack - but misguided smack by someone who works for a national media outlet is pretty unforgiveable.

How many years has the AFC East been a poor division - ill answer that one - 1 year.

The preseason talk for a majority of the last 5 years has been that the winner of the AFC East may not have enough gas left for the playoffs after battling through the toughest division in football.

The Jets had some real misfortune with their QB situation last year, but they have let themselves get too old across the board - Curtis Martin for example.

And whats with the sarcastic comments regarding the fixtures against the Jets and Bills anyway - I take it this whiz-kid sports reporter knows they are in the same division and have to play each other twice a year?

Its really no wonder you identified so strongly with this article - the sarcasm used is so weak its similar to attacking someone with a rubber sword.

NM

tony hipchest
04-07-2006, 08:58 PM
Its really no wonder you identified so strongly with this article - the sarcasm used is so weak its similar to attacking someone with a rubber sword.

NM

then why respond? it was a funny article. but i guess anyone who points out the truth in a sarcastic sort of way is a "hater". the preseason talk about the afc east being one of the best divisions has been proven to be weak fodder spoken in fear of offending or disrespecting the mighty patriots. most every other football fan knew that division was pretty much piss poor.

in the last 5 years why dont you list some descent qb's coming out of or playing in that division?

Livinginthe past
04-09-2006, 02:24 AM
then why respond? it was a funny article. but i guess anyone who points out the truth in a sarcastic sort of way is a "hater". the preseason talk about the afc east being one of the best divisions has been proven to be weak fodder spoken in fear of offending or disrespecting the mighty patriots. most every other football fan knew that division was pretty much piss poor.

in the last 5 years why dont you list some descent qb's coming out of or playing in that division?

You know the old saying Tony?

People in glass houses shouldnt throw stones.

Lets have a look at the relative strengths of the 'piss poor' AFC East and the division the powerhouse Steelers play in shall we?

Im going to write off last year as we both agree that it was a terrible year for the AFC East - i'll be looking at years 1999-2004.

Pats 14-2 __________ Steelers 15-1
Jets 10-6 ____________Ravens 9-7
Bills 9-7 ___________ Bengals 8-8
Phins 4-12 ___________Browns 4-12

AFC East - 37-27 ___AFC North 36-28

Pats 14-2 ____________ Ravens 10-6
Phins 10-6 ___________ Bengals 8-8
Jets 6-10 ____________ Steelers 6-10
Bills 6-10 ____________ Browns 5-11

AFC East - 36-28_____AFC North 29-35

Jets 9-7 _____________ Steelers 10-5
Pats 9-7 ______________ Browns 9-7
Phins 9-7 _____________ Ravens 7-9
Bills 8-8 ______________ Bengals 2-14

AFC East - 35-29 ______ AFC North 28-35

Pats 11-5 ____________ Steelers 13-3
Phins 11-5 ____________ Ravens 10-6
Jets 10-6 _____________ Browns 7-9
Bills 3-13 ____________ Bengals 4-12

AFC East - 35-29 _______ AFC North 34-30

Phins 11-5 ___________ Ravens 12-4
Jets 9-7 _____________ Steelers 9-7
Bills 8-8 _____________ Bengals 4-12
Pats 5-11 ____________ Browns 3-13

AFC East - 33-31 _______ AFC North 28-36

Bills 11-5 _____________ Ravens 8-8
Phins 9-7 ____________ Steelers 6-10
Jets 8-8 ______________ Bengals 4-12
Pats 8-8 ______________ Browns 2-14

AFC East - 36-28 _______ AFC North 20-44

Over the six season period preceding last year, the AFC East was stronger than the AFC North/Central every single year.

The AFC East has not recorded a single losing season, as a division, in this whole period - the teams who make up the AFC North compiled 4 losing seasons.

So Tony, perhaps you can explain exactly how 'piss-poor' the AFC East has been - especially when compared to the Steelers division which has lost more games than it has won over the same period.

In terms of QB's the AFC East has showcased the talents of Tom Brady, Peyton Manning, and Drew Bledsoe.

I cannot think of any good QB's that have played in the AFC North/Central over that period apart from two new ones - Ben R. and Carson Palmer - and even then - one of these doesn't have a playoffs victory to his name, and both have been in the league for 2 years.

I think its fairly conclusive that the AFC East has been better in all respects than the divisons the Steelers have participated in.

NM

3 to be 4
04-09-2006, 08:05 AM
Hmmm...let's see:

Sep 10 Buffalo 1:00pm (W)
Sep 17 @N.Y. Jets 4:15pm (W)
Sep 24 Denver 8:15pm (L)
Oct 1 @Cincinnati 4:15pm (W)
Oct 8 Miami 1:00pm (L)
Week 6 BYE
Oct 22 @Buffalo 1:00pm (L)
Oct 30 @Minnesota 8:30pm (W)
Nov 5 Indianapolis 8:15pm (L)
Nov 12 N.Y. Jets 1:00pm (W)
Nov 19 @Green Bay 1:00pm (W)
Nov 26 Chicago 1:00pm (L)
Dec 3 Detroit 1:00pm (W)
Dec 10 @Miami 1:00pm (L)
Dec 17 Houston 1:00pm (W)
Dec 24 @Jacksonville 1:00pm (L)
Dec 31 @Tennessee 1:00pm (W)

I got 'em at 9-7. No big whoop.

I cant them losing at home against Chicago,Indy AND Miami and at Buffalo. But even with two of those happening that puts them at 11-5. Id go with that for my prediction. 11-5.

Mr. Clean
04-09-2006, 08:43 AM
The guy who wrote that article writes the SportsPickle website. As for what he wrote about the Patriots, I see it as nothing more than lighhearted fun. Every division has teams with good years and teams with bad ones. The 2004 NFC West has the Seachickens at 9-7 and the Lambs at 8-8 as a wildcard. The Lambs then beat the Seachickens in the wildcard round. Talk about weak.

As for scheduling - I woudl like to have gone to either Jax or San Diego to see the Steelers but those dates make it tough to take time off. That's my only beef with the schedule.

tony hipchest
04-09-2006, 10:45 AM
Im going to write off last year as we both agree that it was a terrible year for the AFC East - i'll be looking at years 1999-2004.

[So Tony, perhaps you can explain exactly how 'piss-poor' the AFC East has been - especially when compared to the Steelers division which has lost more games than it has won over the same period.

NMhow convinient to write off the year that the focus of my comment. and heres where reading comprehension comes into play. there is a slight connotational difference between the term "was" (referring to last year) and "has been" (referring to a few years or more)

thats a nice piece laying out the weak teams the steelers have faced but tell me something i dont know. ive never contended perrenial losers like the browns or bengals increased the steelers strength of schedule so im not sure what your point is. i stand by my original statement:

"the preseason talk about the afc east being one of the best divisions has been proven to be weak fodder spoken in fear of offending or disrespecting the mighty patriots. most every other football fan knew that division was pretty much piss poor."

the performance of the jets and bills last year explains exactly my point and the fact that the division was won with a 10-6 record while the wild card teams were 12-4 and 11-5 further illustrates it.

Livinginthe past
04-09-2006, 12:55 PM
how convinient to write off the year that the focus of my comment. and heres where reading comprehension comes into play. there is a slight connotational difference between the term "was" (referring to last year) and "has been" (referring to a few years or more)

thats a nice piece laying out the weak teams the steelers have faced but tell me something i dont know. ive never contended perrenial losers like the browns or bengals increased the steelers strength of schedule so im not sure what your point is. i stand by my original statement:

"the preseason talk about the afc east being one of the best divisions has been proven to be weak fodder spoken in fear of offending or disrespecting the mighty patriots. most every other football fan knew that division was pretty much piss poor."

the performance of the jets and bills last year explains exactly my point and the fact that the division was won with a 10-6 record while the wild card teams were 12-4 and 11-5 further illustrates it.

Tony,

you are obviously something of a football guru - you looked at last years AFC East records and deduced that that it was a weak division - I bow down to your expertise.

Hold on a second though - what was the second comment I quoted all about?

Name some good QB's from the last 5 years in the AFC East you asked?

That to me says you are trying to make a comment on the strength of the AFC East over a 5 year period - maybe its not..maybe you just had an urge to throw that in for no good reason?!

This constant reference to 'reading comprehension' shows a real lack of originality Tony - I think its pretty clear I am at least of average ability when it comes to reading and understanding the written word.

Maybe its you that needs to work on your understanding of my posts - I was the one who commented on the fact that the AFC East has been strong for a number of years - and the preseasons I referred to were the ones preceding these years.

Still as long as we are agreed that the Patriots have played in far superior division to the Steelers for 5 out of the last 6 years......

Its actually the AFCN that has been piss poor.......no wonder you got to the playoffs so many times....

NM

SteelCityMan786
04-09-2006, 12:57 PM
Its nice to get Denver at home.

The Colts must be sick to death of travelling to Foxboro - though of course we owe them a beating after they had the temerity to win at the Razor last year.

Looking at the way the fixtures pan out - I would say 12-4 would be a par for the course record.

Only 1 of the last 8 games looks seriously dangerous (@Miami) which should see us with momentum entering the playoffs.

NM

I bet the Colts are getting some Foxboro Lag.

Livinginthe past
04-09-2006, 04:55 PM
I bet the Colts are getting some Foxboro Lag.

Yeah that is pretty tough on them. They broke the duck last year though, so maybe they can use that boost in confidence to compete on a regular basis.

I think the Colts will be significantly weaker this year with no Edge, and the Pats should be a great deal stronger - as long as they can keep some of the DB corps healthy.

NM

Suitanim
04-10-2006, 08:35 AM
I cant them losing at home against Chicago,Indy AND Miami and at Buffalo. But even with two of those happening that puts them at 11-5. Id go with that for my prediction. 11-5.

(Disclaimer: Since it's April, and this topic was supposed to be lighthearted and sarcastic, my predictions are not to be taken seriously)

tony hipchest
04-10-2006, 08:56 AM
and this topic was supposed to be lighthearted and sarcastic,
you caught that huh?

tony hipchest
04-10-2006, 08:06 PM
Still as long as we are agreed that the Patriots have played in far superior division to the Steelers for 5 out of the last 6 years......

Its actually the AFCN that has been piss poor.......no wonder you got to the playoffs so many times....

NM i can definitely agree the steelers have played in an inferior division (even though the ravens DID win a sb 6 years ago) but the steelers had no hand in this weakness. its not like they ever went 1-15 or anything.

the browns and bengals blow. i wont even try to pump them up to make me feel better about the steelers or their past strength of schedule. i dont need to.

hardwork
04-11-2006, 06:27 PM
Gee what an unpredictable thread.

tony hipchest
04-11-2006, 07:11 PM
Gee what an unpredictable thread.

:sofunny: :sofunny: :sofunny:

come on! dont you want to chime in? you must be loving that sched.

BigDude66687
04-11-2006, 10:16 PM
Living i must have missed when Peyton placed in the AFC East???

Also the years u compared the AFC east and the AFC north are not valid because the AFC north had an expansion team during its first years of existence so they are a sacrfical lamb their first few seasons in the nfl

Livinginthe past
04-11-2006, 11:26 PM
Living i must have missed when Peyton placed in the AFC East???

Also the years u compared the AFC east and the AFC north are not valid because the AFC north had an expansion team during its first years of existence so they are a sacrfical lamb their first few seasons in the nfl

Well that really depends on how long you have been watching football BigDude.

If you hadn't been watching before 2002 then you would probably not have seen Peyton Manning play in the AFC East.

For the record Manning played in the AFC East between 1998-2001.

The very fact that you had a weak expansion team in the North means that the games the Steelers did win against the Browns were worth .

The point was that alot of years two teams had terrible records and some of the time 3 teams did.

NM