PDA

View Full Version : This is F'n Ridiculous

JSH6487
12-12-2010, 01:26 PM
I've had enough of the NFL and their BS. All of these flags on Harrison, Woodley, etc. for late hits, hitting QB's in the head, helmet to helmet, etc....NFL calling it "player safety" and for the good of the game. Pretty much making an example out of the Steelers. Now the same kind of stuff happens to our players...we get NOTHING. Take your player safety and shove it up your ass. If you're not going to call it consistently you look like complete fools. Damn I'm really starting to hate Goodell and the NFL.

Goldsteel86
12-12-2010, 01:28 PM
I'll bet you see a penalty called for roughing Ben in the 2nd half. Something tells me the referee will get a call from the NFL at the half, I can't see two weeks in a row.

JSH6487
12-12-2010, 01:29 PM
The 2 last week were completely obvious, I couldn't f'n believe that they weren't called. You'd figure after missing those calls they'd keep a better eye on Ben this week....nope 2 more blatantly obvious penalties that aren't called. F'n ridiculous. You bet your ass if that was Harrison he'd be flagged.

Guess player safety is only aimed towards certain players.

Need4Sweed
12-12-2010, 01:44 PM
Can't agree with you more. Ben is getting hit after the play damn near after EVERY pass. And the defenders have time to pull up, and they are taking pot shot. They know the refs will not call the close hits. As we all well know if it were Harrison or anyone on the Steelers D at this point it would be a flag...personal foul variety.

TRH
12-12-2010, 01:48 PM
its so bad today that i'm thinking this whole team of ref's must live in Cincinnati. How about that hold on Ziggy Hold where he almost got tackled??
It appears they have no problem calling a holding penalty on Pittsburgh though...

GotAFeelin2010
12-12-2010, 01:49 PM
Adolf Goodell needs to get the boot.

tanda10506
12-12-2010, 02:37 PM
Almost as obvious as the hits on Ben are the holding/no holding calls. They are calling the Steelers for holding left and right. I will say about 50% of them were correct, but they've called one holding call against the Bengals when they are pulling jerseys and damn near tackling a few of our D linemen. I've noted 6 OBVIOUS holds that should have been called against the Bengals that weren't, and I've seen 3 holding calls against the Steelers that were not. The chant "refs you suck" was heard again at least, good job Heinz Field!

SteelCityRules
12-12-2010, 03:20 PM
Hubby & I were talking about it earlier. W/ the apologies to the Steelers about missed calls, I'd think the refs would be watching extra carefully for it, but, no. If I were that terrible at my job, I'd be fired. =P

&, then, to call all the holds on us, when we are held pretty much every play. I'm not saying we aren't holding, but, is it ever actually going to be called fair, ever? I don't want the calls the other way around, I just want fair. If you call it against us, call it against them.

fer522
12-12-2010, 03:25 PM
all i can say is Goodell you are nothing but a piece of :poop:

Third Rail
12-12-2010, 03:26 PM
I've been saying it for years. Every QB in the league is protected by the officials.

Except Ben.

Hell, the commentators even said it after the non-call on the facemask. "Oh, when you have a quarterback who is as hard to take down, they're not going to call penalties..." WHY THE F*** NOT? Because Ben's not a ***** like Manning, he gets screwed? I hate the NFL.

lionslicer
12-12-2010, 03:32 PM
I've been saying it for years. Every QB in the league is protected by the officials.

Except Ben.

Hell, the commentators even said it after the non-call on the facemask. "Oh, when you have a quarterback who is as hard to take down, they're not going to call penalties..." WHY THE F*** NOT? Because Ben's not a ***** like Manning, he gets screwed? I hate the NFL.

Last week Ben asked the ref why there wasn't a penalty called after he had his nose broken and the ref said "he was just trying to tackle you"

The reason I believe bigger quarterbacks who are had to take down don't get as many penalties called is because getting hit in the head and getting hit late seem to be their own fault. If Ben was like Montana, and just fell down when people got close so he didn't get hurt, pass rushers wouldn't need to grab him high to take him down, usually you try to grab a tall person high up, there's a change you grab their faceamask or helmet, its like an unwritten rule...

Is it right? No, big quarterbacks should have the same protection as someone like Brady. Ben isn't the only quarterback who isn't protected, but we notice it more because we're steeler fans, plus he's the most well known big elusive quarterback right now. Years ago there were a lot more, but there seems to be more Tom Brady game managers now then Ben/Elway escaping quarterbacks.

BengalDestroyer
12-12-2010, 05:17 PM
I've had enough of the NFL and their BS. All of these flags on Harrison, Woodley, etc. for late hits, hitting QB's in the head, helmet to helmet, etc....NFL calling it "player safety" and for the good of the game. Pretty much making an example out of the Steelers. Now the same kind of stuff happens to our players...we get NOTHING. Take your player safety and shove it up your ass. If you're not going to call it consistently you look like complete fools. Damn I'm really starting to hate Goodell and the NFL.

Starting to hate Goodell?? I feel your pain man it's totally B.S. and someone (ah - hem, coach?...) needs to stand up for this team....

Rick5895
12-12-2010, 05:22 PM
Hopefully the Steelers continue to send film into the NFL offices and make them wake up. I won't hold my breath though.

SteelCityRules
12-12-2010, 05:30 PM
Yeah, watching the Jets/Fins & saw a few helmet to helmet, & the announcers were saying 'well it wasn't a 'defenseless' receiver'. Really? Gets called on us no matter what.

Though I was please none were called today, that I remember.

4xSBChamps
12-12-2010, 05:38 PM
all i can say is Goodell you are nothing but a piece of :poop:

you have just offended feces-pieces worldwide, who demand an immediate retraction of that statement

verks36
12-12-2010, 05:45 PM
i agree with you guys but come one we are steeler fans. We are classier than this. I am tired of all this bitching about this refs

LVSteelersfan
12-12-2010, 08:31 PM
It is ridiculous. Ben takes a pounding on almost every play and I don't think he got a roughing call once this year. There were some blatant noncalls again today. At least the Steelers are a good enough team to play through it and win most of the time any way.

Fire Arians
12-12-2010, 08:37 PM
there's one play where the safety coming on a blitz took 4-5 extra steps and hit ben after the ball was released. seriously there's no such thing as late hit flags when it comes to ben? i mean seriously.

Fire Arians
12-12-2010, 08:39 PM
i agree with you guys but come one we are steeler fans. We are classier than this. I am tired of all this bitching about this refs

call it what you want but I think a lot of these ref complaints are warranted. blatant late hits and forearms to the face of our 100 million dollar qb that don't get called is just going way too far. I know the league hates ben, but seriously they need to start being more consistent with their calls. guaranteed if we did that shit to palmer we would have gotten flagged all day

WickedSteel
12-12-2010, 08:52 PM
I didn't get to watch the entire game today but I caught bits and pieces of it. Seemed like every time I turned around, Ben was getting blasted late, his facemask grabbed, etc and no calls. This is getting way too obvious at this point. There should be the same set of rules for EVERY QB in the league. If it is illegal to even breath on Brady, Manning, Brees, Rivers, etc, then it should be the same for the rest of the league.

I hope that people continue to call the NFL out on this week after week and make them look like idiots. It's nice to see the Steelers fight through the bias and still win games handily but sooner of later it will bite them in a close game, probably in the playoffs. I agree, this is f'n ridiculous!

TRH
12-12-2010, 08:54 PM
Yeah, watching the Jets/Fins & saw a few helmet to helmet, & the announcers were saying 'well it wasn't a 'defenseless' receiver'. Really? Gets called on us no matter what.

Though I was please none were called today, that I remember.

yeah, "helmet-to-helmet" is "helmet-to-helmet" regardless. Doesn't matter. those announcers, if they were saying that, didn't know what they were talking about.

SteelCityRules
12-13-2010, 12:37 AM

You're right. It's just hard, for me anyway. lol I'm that way IRL too. I am courteous to a fault, &, it bothers me when others are not. :noidea:

&, d'oh, on my post, pleaseD. My fingers work faster than my brain sometimes. lol