PDA

View Full Version : patriots hire new kicker

tony hipchest
04-06-2006, 04:58 PM
kazoo from the flinstones. i mean martin :sofunny: grammatica. (sirius radio)

they also added tebucky (i play for a new team every year) jones.

MasterOfPuppets
04-06-2006, 05:13 PM
isn't he the tard that hurt himself celebrating a fg?????

tony hipchest
04-06-2006, 05:15 PM
isn't he the tard that hurt himself celebrating a fg?????no his younger brother bill in arizona was the tard. you think they would just draft the 3rd youngest brother.

Suitanim
04-06-2006, 05:33 PM
So THAT'S what they were saving all that salary cap money for?

3 to be 4
04-06-2006, 05:49 PM
yeah, im thrilled. who was the Saints kicker who blew the tying extra point after they scored a miracle TD? "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. HOW COULD HE DOOOO THAT????"

SteelerFan091472
04-06-2006, 05:52 PM
yeah, im thrilled. who was the Saints kicker who blew the tying extra point after they scored a miracle TD?

John Carney.

3 to be 4
04-06-2006, 05:53 PM
the first time Grammatica misses a game winner i can just imagine Boston sports talk radio. guh.

tony hipchest
04-06-2006, 05:54 PM
yeah, im thrilled. who was the Saints kicker who blew the tying extra point after they scored a miracle TD? "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. HOW COULD HE DOOOO THAT????"whew, atleast you didnt say

"its a typical patriot move, we'll be fine" or

"in bill we trust"

i think gramatica did make a cluck (oops, i meant clutch- bwock) kick in the 2002 sb after tampa bay picked off gannon for the 7th time and ran it in for their 4th definsive td of the game, if thats any consolation.

RoethlisBURGHer
04-06-2006, 06:19 PM
the first time Grammatica misses a game winner i can just imagine Boston sports talk radio. guh.

Dude,am I am glad I live in Cleveland.They start talking about next year after week three here.

Livinginthe past
04-06-2006, 08:51 PM
Looks like a solid move to me - typical Patriots...we'll be fine.

I have faith in the Belioli Axis of Genius.

Nm

3 to be 4
04-06-2006, 11:00 PM
i can just see the headlines in the Herald the first time he misses. Grammatica Error

tony hipchest
04-06-2006, 11:06 PM
i can just see the headlines in the Herald the first time he misses. Grammatica Errorwhat did they say the 1st time vinatieri missed? i guess we will never know. good thing grammatical has plenty of experience kicking in the horrid winters of south america/ tampa bay? how long has he been out of the nfl and if he was worthy of a roster spot with any team why the hell didnt dallas give him a job last season? j cortez???????

Livinginthe past
04-06-2006, 11:07 PM
i can just see the headlines in the Herald the first time he misses. Grammatica Error

Wow that is pretty good - I like it.

NM

3 to be 4
04-06-2006, 11:13 PM
Vinatieri was hardly mr. automatic early in his career. ask Pete Carroll. In 1999, Vinatieri missed 2 potential game winners that could have made an 8-8 season into a 10-6 playoff season.

Petesburgh66
04-06-2006, 11:42 PM
It was a matter of time before Gonzo was back in the NFL. If he was that good, Tampa Bay would have kepted him a while back.

tony hipchest
04-06-2006, 11:53 PM
Vinatieri was hardly mr. automatic early in his career. ask Pete Carroll. In 1999, Vinatieri missed 2 potential game winners that could have made an 8-8 season into a 10-6 playoff season. so the pats picked up martin cause his nickname was automattica????????????? (this isnt early in martins career. no snow in tampa or guatemaula/venezueala/costa rica or wherever he has kicked in.

"in bill we trust"

MattsMe
04-07-2006, 12:40 AM
This is an example of the dangers of eating too much Kraft food products.
It causes you to abandon all sense of reality and blindly follow this man:

http://www.croatianworld.net/Letters/belichick8.jpg

He gained the people's trust with Super Bowl victories. But even Hitler won a few battles.

(For the record, I'm only joking.)

Livinginthe past
04-07-2006, 12:48 AM
This is an example of the dangers of eating too much Kraft food products.
It causes you to abandon all sense of reality and blindly follow this man:

He gained the people's trust with Super Bowl victories. But even Hitler won a few battles.

(For the record, I'm only joking.)

FYI - Robert Kraft has nothing to do with Kraft foods - he made his fortune from a packaging company and a paper commodity trader.

NM

MattsMe
04-07-2006, 01:01 AM
FYI - Robert Kraft has nothing to do with Kraft foods - he made his fortune from a packaging company and a paper commodity trader.

NM

And Bill B. has nothing to do with Hitler. It was a joke. Your FYI is a few years late, sorry. I actually wrote a term paper on NFL owners in college. My head's filled with more useless info on those guys than is considered healthy. Sorry to burst your bubble.

Livinginthe past
04-07-2006, 01:10 AM
And Bill B. has nothing to do with Hitler. It was a joke. Your FYI is a few years late, sorry. I actually wrote a term paper on NFL owners in college. My head's filled with more useless info on those guys than is considered healthy. Sorry to burst your bubble.

Oh right..a joke.

Now I see.

NM

DIESELMAN
04-07-2006, 05:28 PM
Jerome Solomon, of the Boston Globe, reports New England Patriots PK Martin Gramatica went through rehabilitation in June 2005 after having surgery to repair tears in his lower abdomen and adductor muscle. He was at full strength during the 2005 NFL season, but he did not sign with a team. "I told him, 'I feel bad that you're here with me; you need to be on TV on Sundays winning football games,' " said Jason Biles, a physical therapist who worked with Gramatica at the Bollettieri Sports Medicine Center at IMG Academies in Bradenton, Fla. "He was kicking 50-plus-yard field goals with me, over and over, and not many people can do that. He has that strength back now, and it's amazing ... great focus, great intensity in his workouts, and he was determined to get back to kicking as quickly as possible. He's been ready for some time."

tony hipchest
04-07-2006, 06:01 PM
Jerome Solomon, of the Boston Globe, reports New England Patriots PK Martin Gramatica went through rehabilitation in June 2005 after having surgery to repair tears in his lower abdomen and adductor muscle. He was at full strength during the 2005 NFL season, but he did not sign with a team. "I told him, 'I feel bad that you're here with me; you need to be on TV on Sundays winning football games,' " said Jason Biles, a physical therapist who worked with Gramatica at the Bollettieri Sports Medicine Center at IMG Academies in Bradenton, Fla. "He was kicking 50-plus-yard field goals with me, over and over, and not many people can do that. He has that strength back now, and it's amazing ... great focus, great intensity in his workouts, and he was determined to get back to kicking as quickly as possible. He's been ready for some time."

well atleast now the move makes a little more sense. and totally proves how stupid dallas really is.

MattsMe
04-07-2006, 10:31 PM
Oh right..a joke.

Now I see.

NM

So you didn't see it the first time, in my original post? I actually had "For the record, LITP, I'm only joking" but took your name out. Guess I should have left it in.

Livinginthe past
04-08-2006, 12:39 AM
So you didn't see it the first time, in my original post? I actually had "For the record, LITP, I'm only joking" but took your name out. Guess I should have left it in.

Sorry..I guess im used to 'jokes' having an element of humor...my bad mattsme.

Please accept my humble apologies.

NM

Stlrs4Life
04-11-2006, 12:28 PM
The Patriots will just draft a K.

Livinginthe past
04-11-2006, 02:29 PM
The Patriots will just draft a K.

They have had quite a few meetings with College kickers - so i'd say you were probably right. I dont think kickers need as long to mature, as they dont need any sort of tactical understanding of the game.

I would expect a kicker picked with one of the comp picks.

NM

tony hipchest
04-11-2006, 02:37 PM
Gramatica Once Got Advice From Vinatieri (postgazette.com- final sentence says he expects competition in camp)

BOSTON (AP) -- Some veteran NFL kickers barely acknowledged Martin Gramatica during his rookie season. One made a particular impression.

When the New England Patriots visited the Tampa Bay Buccaneers for a preseason game in 1999, Adam Vinatieri and Gramatica had a long and productive chat. Now, Gramatica is trying to replace Vinatieri with the Patriots after Vinatieri signed a free-agent contract with the Indianapolis Colts.

"He advised me to stay humble and do your job," Gramatica said on a conference call Monday. "If you do what the team asks you to do you're going to have a job for a long time. And not only that, we just talked for a long time. That just shows you the kind of person he is because I came across a few veterans who wouldn't even say hello."

Gramatica signed with the Patriots earlier this month after spending the 2005 season out of football. He was drafted by the Buccaneers in the third round in 1999 out of Kansas State and spent 5 1/2 seasons with the team, earning a Pro Bowl selection in 2000 and helping the team win the Super Bowl in 2003.

But he was waived after 11 games in 2004 after making 11-of-19 field goal attempts.

Gramatica said he is fully recovered from the abdominal injury that contributed to the drop in production. His accuracy and range are back, he said.

"I don't really want to comment on that because that was in the past. I feel 100 percent now. I'm very confident right now. I just feel great," he said.

He isn't intimidated in trying to replace Vinatieri, whose late kicks helped the Patriots win two Super Bowls, and has no fear of kicking in the often unforgiving weather conditions at Gillette stadium

"I went to college at Kansas State and it was pretty chilly, and we played at Iowa and Iowa State," said Gramatica, who was informed by his agent that the Patriots were interested while in the delivery room of a Florida hospital as his wife gave birth to their first child, a son.

He pointed out that even while playing in Tampa Bay he had to kick in cold-weather situations when the team visited Green Bay and Chicago.

"I just see it as a normal situation and I feel comfortable that I'll be able to do the job," he said.

He said he expects the Patriots to bring in another kicker to create some competition for the job.