PDA

View Full Version : James Harrison's donuts

tony hipchest
12-12-2010, 08:38 PM
0 tackles/0assists/0sacks/0forced fumbles etc...

:shout:-PANIC!!!

this is usually the time the die hard faithful bitch and moan that he is too old, the game has passed him by, he is losing a step, he is james farrior, we need to start grooming a replacement, the fines have caught up to him, he is not earning his contract, he is hurt, something is wrong with him. ____________ (enter bs, ignorant gripe here).

:noidea:

what gives? fans usually bitch and moan anytime a player has a bad game. :hunch:

FWIW polamalu put up alot of donuts today as well. but he did show up on the stat sheet with 2 interceptions. im sure that helped alot of people score fantasy points (nevermind the fact that it helped the steelers win the game),

:tt02:

MACH1
12-12-2010, 08:41 PM
0 fines.

:chuckle:

Fire Arians
12-12-2010, 08:41 PM
cut him :P

jk of course lol

lionslicer
12-12-2010, 08:49 PM
He was bearly noticable other than disrupting a couple runs. I did notice he was covering pretty well though.

TRH
12-12-2010, 08:53 PM
i wondered where he was today too, but there pass protection as a whole was pretty good..Palmer had a lot more time to throw than Ben did today and seemed as if they concentrated on blocking up his side which freed up Woodley somewhat (which you then seen).

MattsMe
12-12-2010, 09:05 PM
im sure that helped alot of people score fantasy points

Isn't that what really matters?

:noidea:

SteelCityRules
12-13-2010, 12:51 AM
He was held alot & that wasn't called, does that count? Oh, wait, that's every game. lol No, didn't appear a big factor today, but, like any great defense, someone will step up, & they did. I sometimes wonder if the flags & fines get 'into' his head?

steelersalaska
12-13-2010, 03:41 AM
today Harrison was choked down (with out penalty) like a WWF cage match

SacknificentStew56
12-13-2010, 05:48 AM
No Silverback.........No Problem!! Wood and Troy showed up BIG today. These diehard, tender mofos need to recognize what a great defense we have. As Steeler fanatics, we all know what he's capable of as does the rest of the league.

Curtain_of_Steel
12-13-2010, 08:05 AM
Well lets see.....

Bungholes ran the ball minimally there fore no short yardage plays. When they did run, they ran up th emiddle or to Woodleys side. when they did pass they passed short to Woodleys side.
What occurred was is he shut down 1/3 of the field from plays. Yea that is so bad.

furthermore I have got to beelive the opposing coaches are telling their players hold them till we get called, if we dont get called, keep holding. Which is whats occurring. There are holding penalties every play on our line and 1 holding call in 2 games???

Steelerindc
12-13-2010, 08:41 AM
There were several plays where James get held. Two in particular, the first one he got choked out like it was the UFC and the ref is standing right in the same frame, what he was or wasn't seeing is a mystery to me.

The second was on a run play where James beat the tackle inside then got bear hugged from behind. The refs definitely have something against, I don't care what Goodell and Anderson says.

BengalDestroyer
12-13-2010, 05:10 PM
0 fines.

:chuckle:

right on

StainlessStill
12-13-2010, 05:37 PM
I saw Harrison play one helluva game. On runs to the outside, he was making the stops happen with his outside containment of not getting hooked and blowing things up on the inside so others can make the play. There's more to football that meets the eye and Harrison played a good one.

On Ike's pass interference call (weak) on the Bungles lonely T.D, re-watch Harrison. The dude gets held out of his ass as well as getting his helmet almost popped off of his head. But again, what else is new? No flag. I also saw like 2 block in the backs on Fox on Special Teams and just holding all over the place with the Bungles getting away with while we had offensive holding galore all day long, l esp on that one drive that lasted like 10 total minutes. The refs also missed a delay of game and an illegal formation against the Bungs.:coffee:

MasterOfPuppets
12-13-2010, 06:03 PM
mmmmmmm... doughnuts

LVSteelersfan
12-13-2010, 06:39 PM
Stats are for chumps. Harrison is a disruptive force no matter what happens on his stat line. They have to purposely game plan away from him because he is so tough to contain. We are not the only ones getting hosed on holding calls. The left tackle of the Patriots grabbed one of the blitzing bears around his neck and wrestled him to the ground. Brady made one of those passes to Welker for a big gain on that play which led to their first TD. That made me so mad I could spit. But business as normal for the pretty boys of the NFL. I hope someone knocks Welker on his ass inside the 5 yard chuck zone on every play if we play them in the playoffs. Letting him run loose without touching him is just plain stupid. He is not stout enough to handle a big hit from Farrior, Timmons, Woodley or Harrison. Letting him run loose is suicide with no pressure on Brady.

stb_steeler
12-13-2010, 06:45 PM
He was nervous.....Goodell was at the game! :rofl:

joeyssteelcurtain
12-14-2010, 04:27 PM
he is fine

BigRick
12-14-2010, 08:36 PM
Well lets see.....

Bungholes ran the ball minimally there fore no short yardage plays. When they did run, they ran up th emiddle or to Woodleys side. when they did pass they passed short to Woodleys side.
What occurred was is he shut down 1/3 of the field from plays. Yea that is so bad.

furthermore I have got to beelive the opposing coaches are telling their players hold them till we get called, if we dont get called, keep holding. Which is whats occurring. There are holding penalties every play on our line and 1 holding call in 2 games???

very good observation. It's hard to make much of an impact with a OL player around your neck on every snap. Of course refs couldn't see them. LOL :tt03: