PDA

View Full Version : Around the Steelers

mesaSteeler
12-12-2010, 10:52 PM
Around the Steelers
http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/steelers/s_713462.html

A fight broke out after the final play of the Steelers' 23-7 win Sunday, though reserve safety Ryan Mundy downplayed it afterward. Mundy said the pushing and shoving that took place in the middle of the field started after Bengals linebacker Brandon Johnson "blindsided" him following a Jeremy Kapinos punt. "I looked at the clock and it had all zeros on it. I was trotting off the field, and he just came out of nowhere," said Mundy, a Woodland Hills graduate. "The guys on the sidelines said he was kind of eyeing me up for a few steps." Several teammates rushed to Mundy's defense, and order was quickly restored. "The game's not over," said Johnson. "I didn't know if Quan (Cosby) was going to pick it up and return it or not. I was just trying to block. They didn't like it. I guess they were assuming the game was over, but I was just trying to play to the last whistle."

It doesn't look like the Steelers sustained any major injuries in yesterday's win. :applaudit::applaudit: Cornerback Anthony Madison left the game after hurting his kneecap, but it was a relatively light work day for the Steelers' medical personnel. "From an injury standpoint, there doesn't appear to be much," Steelers coach Mike Tomlin said.

Tight end Heath Miller (concussion), defensive tackle Steve McLendon (stinger) and defensive end Aaron Smith (triceps) did not play yesterday because of injuries. Joining them on the Steelers' inactive list were cornerback Keenan Lewis, offensive tackles Tony Hills and Chris Scott, running back Jonathan Dwyer and Charlie Batch (third quarterback).

MDSteel15
12-13-2010, 12:36 PM
Well you are taught to play until you hear the whistle.... :noidea: Pay attention Ryan!

MikeHaullace
12-13-2010, 12:40 PM
Well you are taught to play until you hear the whistle.... :noidea: Pay attention Ryan!

This philosophy got someone flagged a couple weeks ago. What was it? "Throwing someone off the pile"?

SteelCityMom
12-13-2010, 12:52 PM

Well...according to this article and a couple others, it all took place well after the whistle.

MDSteel15
12-13-2010, 12:52 PM
This philosophy got someone flagged a couple weeks ago. What was it? "Throwing someone off the pile"?

Yeah, and now everyone is wearing tu-tu's!